2005 East Mommies

Odie,
The kids are so used to co-sleep with adults. They sleep with their grandma, so even I put both to sleep together they still feel secure at all.

Julian always wants daddy to sleep with him, if no daddy then mummy (i am always the least needed
sad.gif
). He will wake up in the mid of the night to check if we are still ard else he will walk to our room and call us. Either one of us have to bring him back to the room. Stime we are just too tired to walk in and out so simply sleep beside him.

Hong... we do that as well. There is no way to just leave them in the room and off the lights. Gotta have someone lying next to them. So I understand what you mean. There are nights when we just end up sleeping on their bed... muwahahahha =p To me that is an improvement for Matty, at least no need to carry and walk around etc, so I am not making a huge fuss. No worries... we will all get there somehow.

hong,
My mom is checking a few cos she travels ard doing volunteerily work.
My uncle & his wife oso do some teaching for the kids at "Guang Min Shan" during wkends. If u r keen, I can share more when I get more news from her.

re: sleeping
Sounds so familiar when I heard both stories. Dun u all think we look older ever since we have children? Wonder when will the kids spare us & let us sleep thru out the night? Rembr to do more facial to keep your youthful look. :p

cat,
haha... yes we need more facial appts.

You mean Buddist study for kids? I am interested but not too far from home. Geylang has alot of buddist temple and I am constantly looking ard for such class. I even enquire the temple I go but they are for kids age 7 and above.

Odie,
sorry I mean insecure even when both kids sleep together. Yes, going to last for a while. Hubby suggest to do something to their room so they will love it and sleep in. We may engage a renovation coy to help us to do something on the kids room next yr, will have to see our budget.

sleep-
there will come a day when yr kids ask u for their OWN ROOM!.. sigh!

odie/cat_tail
first teeth with me alrdy.. wan me to post or cat wan to collect from hong..

hong
we 2 become post man.. klcc pass her shoes to u, i pass cattail toothpaste to u.. hahha
c u on sunday .. issit sunday??

Sch Hols-
my boys are driving me crazy!! got to hv programme for them daily...
jus started josh on swimming lessons.. gonna start phonics lesson every sunday.. those RC type.. very cheap hahah..

ep,
Sat lah.. aiyo... U didnt check the date ah.
Yah I need to pass something to u, for KLCC. U can pass the toothpaste to me.

As long as Josh learning something, exp or cheap doesnt matter.

My kids will start fighting when their grandma is ard and I cannot control the situation when she is ard.

Ethel, sorry for not replying until now. Please mail the toothpaste to me. You still have my address? Oh how much do I owe you?

Hi Mommies,
How's everyone doing?

hong,
Many thanks for bringing the toothpaste to my home! I was thinking of going to your home inititally but din expect u came all the way to my place.
happy.gif

Was browsing at your blog just now & realised u had been into a lot of kids show too. Recently I had brot Edna to those short plays as well like Rainbow Fish & Hungry Caterpillar. She seems to be enjoying a lot so will keep a look out on more. Btw, will u be going to BB SSO on this Fri? If u r going into any play, can keep me in loop? I hope to get some company for Edna. Heehee..

Cat,
really.. Sorry I didnt know if not I can ask u along.

Julian enjoyed Rainbow Fish but my sister and I couldnt make up what it was talking. Very soft leh.

Both kids not very interested in the Hungry Caterpillar. Janelle said very slow, may be she is too old. She looking for show that is very expressive type.

I heard Tooth Fairy is good. I was still thinking if I shld bring Janelle for it. I dun think I wil bring Julian.

Ep, Cat, wat timing r u looking into? Sat noon is out cos Janelle has ballet.

I entered a contest to win the tic but look like not much chance.

tooth fairy is more for older kids. it's almost 2 hrs! my 6-yr-old gal enjoyed it though she was afraid of de McCavity 'witch' but was an age-appropriate theme to teach them now dat they r at de 'teeth-droppin' age
happy.gif

din bring my 3-yr-old

hong,
No worry. I am the one should be bothering u since I am trying to tag along... keke
Got to agree that Rainbow Fish looks more attractive than Hungry Caterpillar. For the latter show, I have to keep on narrating the story in a exaggerating way to keep her interest. Contents a bit dry... :p

jh,
Edna is 3. Hope she can stay thru out the show. Hee~

Mummies,
guess wat, I got the Colostrum powder but forget to feed the kids with it. May be if I feed them regular and Julian wun be sick now. Haiyah...

Here's wishing everyone a joyous Christmas and a new year that will turn out much better than what the economists anticipate! =p

Cat,
yah wat is the real reason for doing that? Unless the forskin is very thick and long and trap dirt.

Anyway if Mikel wants he can do it when he is older. My brother did it when he was in NS, so just like extracting wisdom tooth, he got his off.

i never do that for my boys.. cant bear to see them in pain.. plus they dunno how to say its pain and will prob cry n cry = gives me headache :p

Err.. for hygient purpose? It sounds a bit silly to ask this question but I tot it was a common practise. Now seems like not from all of your replies. :p
Hb did when he's young so he wanted his son to follow. Think I should try to dissuade his idea cos I can't bear to see Mikel in pain.

Cat,
Ur purpose is quite valid but not all male to go thru it. Why not u seek some professional advise? I think their advise will be more convincing than us, unless the advise was to go ahead then nothing we can do too.

some pd say unless its for religious purpose, they wont advise circumcision. Hygiene is valid but they shld be taught how to clean it?? hahah.. i dunno.. i was debating on this issue too.. then i decided to let them choose when they older...

hi mummies im new here...am i welcome?

regarding circumcision..am just thinking abt t...if there's issue abt infection then maybe shld bah...

Dsii, welcome..

Cat,
ask ur hubby whether a celebration will be held after Mikel went thru circumcision cos the muslim did. hahah..

hong,
Haha... tat's funny.
biggrin.gif

Geee... let me ask all.. did yor hb circumcised his? Keke...hope my hb is not looking at this thread.

Cat.... unless for medical or religious reasons, I don't think I will make my son go through it. The thought of it is enough to make me feel the pain =p

Here's wishing all mummies a happy new year!

re: circumcision
I have also heard of cases whereby some boys HAD to do it for non religious reasons, coz it become too dirty somehow and dr advise to circumcise. having said that, thk not all guys who dont circumcise have issues. I guess its up to ur discretion to choose. maybe see how, it need then do else no need ?

my hubby has done it when he was ard 12 as we are muslim, he say its pain but oklah. reason for us is that urine.dirt can get trapped under the foreskin.even some converts do it though they are older say 50s,20s though at that age - we wld say its recommended, not a must. have also heard of people who do it for hygience purposes. I think its up to each person discretion to choose over such a matter. I also scared, worry for my boy but for us have to do lah. and all the muslim men tend to treat it as a must and a rite of of passage. they go thru ok lah ;)

hihi
want to ask some advice from working mums turned SAHM. my gal still looks/prefers grandparents over me. we r staying together at this point of time. my parents cannot take care of her forever/whole day coz too old/tired tho they wont admit :p

it drives me crazy coz I gave up my job to be with her afterall. I cant force her away from them either. hubby says I shld just take her and shut ourselves in the room. I cant do that all the time and I dun wanna force her either. I understand she's like dat coz used to them but I not sure how to 'wean' her off. else I feel very down

Hi Mommies,
My 1st post for this thread in this yr..keke
Wishes everyone a Happy New Yr!

daec,
I guess it's pretty hard to "wean' her off as long as you are still living together wif the grands. But you can make her like you more thru play...
happy.gif

Seriously, kids get attached to whoever that is fun to be. So bring her out to the playground, read books & do whatever you can to keep her entertained. As time goes by, she will be the one not to let you go. (can be another problem...
biggrin.gif
)

Day-C,
I have the same problem just like u. My son is very attached to granny. Everytime he wants granny, it just boiled me. Whenever my ger did that back home, I told her she has mummy here.

I agreed that it will be hard for u cos u are staying with the granny. For me, I am still trying.

hong, cat_tail
thx for the support & ideas. bks, drawing - granny does it with her, when I am trying to do that with her, somtimes she just gets up and goes to granny.
hmm.. maybe going out playgrd wld help. doesnt help that my mum put all the toys in her bedroom. if I take it out, it gets moved back there so my ger goes there to find the toys.my bedroom has no space. I cant help being angry at time.

I'm having another babe this yr. kinda worries me.

Back