(2005/10) Oct 2005 MTB???

jenifur: update Ember 8mths 8.4kg. Dunno abt height tho.. :p

Amari: Yes! Ember also only likes the custard range! All else she rejects!

Jenifur,

Ya la, finally got 8kg+ , sabrina also like beef porridge a lot
happy.gif

had start gave sabrina egg yolk already , second day wearing.

Fushiastar,
I had try to given brown rice to Sabrina also never remove the husk.. but sabrina can not take it. can not diagest well. now i add half spoon brown podwer to white rice porride .

Jenifur,
you join GUG trial ? you are not sign with OCC izzit ??

hi sorry

forgot to answer your questions.! I let Sabrina watch "Your Baby can read" VCD total got 5pcs

and Baby Songs on ABC, 123 , Colors % Shapes. Sabrina like baby songs very much , when i on the tv only , she will raise up her 2 hands already. after she watch all tis , i got see result liao.
and she more alert.
she watch all tis, 3 times a day on the meal time.

my grace is down with flu and cough. couldnt sleep well and drinking little milk... so heartpain. the medicine taken for phelgm could make her cough more and vomit....

<font face="Calisto mt"><font color="0000ff">fushiastar</font>,

Thanks. M abit worried that Janelle cannot digest e husk. Will go get half of scoop from MIL's brown rice to try tonite.

<font color="0000ff">Lindy/Kris</font>,

Noted..

<font color="0000ff">Sharon</font>,

Sabrina have tried alot of food liao hor. Too bad Janelle is high risk BB so I dun think will start her on egg so early. Prob jus before she go for her MMR jab cuz heard best to take some egg prior e jab. But cannot rem why mus do tt though.

Do you know if we are supposed to bring BB for assesment at 9 mth or 10 mth huh?

I'm still going to OCC but will skip 1 day class to attend e GUG trial if clash lor

<font color="0000ff">Sweetie</font>,

Hope Grace recovers soon... I know your heartache cuz my Janelle have been coughing for almost 2 mths liao. The phelgm medicine izzit Nuelin? Tis type of medicine is supposed to make them vomit e phlegm out one. At least it works on Grace, it had not effect on Janelle. Take for so long liao she onli vomitted once.

<font color="0000ff">mummies</font>,

I'm ordering cerals &amp; biscuits from Healthy Times for Janelle &amp; Sherisse. Anybody want to tonpang order? Free Delivery but you gota to collect from me either @ Yishun/Sembawang/Simei/Woodlands or Raffles Plc MRT station. Let me know by today if interested hor. Will try to ask for discount if can get more orders
happy.gif

http://www.healthytimes.com/hthome.htm

Jar Food - S$2.30
Arrowroot cookies for Toddler - S$5.50
Teething Biscuits - S$5.50
Hugga Bear Cookies for Toddler - S$6.50
Barley/Oatmeall/Mixed Grain Baby Cereal - S$6.50
Brown Rice Cereal - S$6.80
Teddy Puff - S$7.00</font>

Jenifur,

yesterday, i on leave to bring Sabrina go for 9 month assesment, they will do hearing, grapping, standing, eyes, crawlling and also focus test.
Doctor's had command that Sabrina's grawthing very good, height and weight about 75% .
Doctor's had says my maid do very good job for me.
Soo.. yesterday went to buy one suit of clothing for my maid, to reward her.. she is very happy and I also say " Thank You" to her.

hello mummies, i think I just missed Sneaky
"chio-ing" people to the GUG trial.
anyone care to share experiences with baby gym schools eg: gymboree, tumbletots>?
how much and is it worth sending our babies there to learn and explore.THANKS

Hi Mummies,

My ger just recovered from high fever of 39 degree, and immediate after which, red dots appearing on her neck and abit on face. Heard that it's normally the case after fever subside and will disappear 3-5 days later 'phew'

I'm thinking of started my ger with cheese, what cheese is suitable for young bb and where can i buy it?

thks and regards! =)

jenifur,

i am not sure abt the medicine but its transparent in colour. the pd says its bronchitis symptom. what is that?

<font color="aa00aa">Jenifur</font>,
i went to wash the brown rice then dry the grains in a flat pan over the stove fire.
then i grind the grain till very fine and added to the normal white rice to cook.
my DD is ok with it. no problem with it.

she had constipation last week. so poor thing, kept crying coz of the pain and discomfort.
luckily now ok liao. kept feeding lots of water and gave her apple puree. even gave her steamed fresh plum puree (coz no prunes available).

btw, where u ordering the healthy times cereal from? your locations not very convenient for me... if not, i'll also tompang.

<font color="aa00aa">sweetie</font>,
hope grace get well soon.

<font color="aa00aa">Mdl</font>,
think cheese only after 10 or 12 months.

<font color="aa00aa">all mummies</font>,
how do u all weigh your bb each month? thinking of buying a bathroom scale to weigh
happy.gif
any recommendation where to get?

also, what strollers do u all have? thinking of getting a light-weight one coz the hand-me-down abit rusty liao. but dunno which to get...

<font face="Calisto mt"><font color="0000ff">Sharon</font>,

Just now try to call Polyclinic to fix appt for assessment, wow paing gota wait till end Aug then got slot. By then Janelle oredi going to b 1yo liao still test wat. But if go PD v ex leh, gota pay S$45-S$70. Any idea if this assessment is compulsary?

<font color="0000ff">Sweetie</font>

Bronchitis is an inflammation of the bronchial tubes aka the air passages that extend from the windpipe into the lungs.

<font color="0000ff">Venus</font>,

Noted.

<font color="0000ff">Flo</font>,

You can call Yuin Pin at 9689 6060 to order. Delivery is free for orders over S$80. I'm lucky as they live near my place so willing to deliver to me FOC lor.

I always bring Janelle to my family doc to weigh. Just tell e nurse want to borrow e scale lor. Janelle is currently using e Perego P3 Stroller.</font>

Jenifur,

I think is optional la, just to make sure everythings is ok!because Sabrina's all the way is with polyclinic for jab. the appointment also make on the 6 month jab.

jenifur,

is bronchitis serious? what are the symptoms. yesterday brought my grace to see pd. her flu is slightly better today. hope she will be well soon.

Hi Sharon,
Can I check with you how much did you pay for the 9th month assesment check at the polyclinic?

I've booked an appt for my bb girl in Sep.

thanks in adv

mine same as sabrina. scheduled the 9 mth assessment when i brot her for her 6mth jab at the polyclinic.

<font color="aa00aa">jenifur</font>,
thanks for the contact... but think won't be able to chalk up to $80 for free delivery.. unless i "chio" those staying in punggol, like adeline
happy.gif

just bot the barley cereal, but haven;t tried yet. NTUC only sell brown rice cereal and the biscuits

joyful,
The assesment is Free!!!

flo,
I can help to buy from raffles place arcade then
you can collect from at sengkang.do you want

jenifur &amp; sharon,
forgot to ask, do u all feed your bb the beef or just use the beef as flavour for the porridge.
my mum say cannot give pork and chicken meat yet, only use to cook to add flavour to the porridge.

sunset, thank you. i got it!

featherG, i'll try to include you, if possible. let me check with GUG tomorrow and i'll let you know if i can still add on. in fact, i've been trying to contact them but they have not replied on my first 10 in the list. will keep trying till i get an answer.

my boy has serious constipation problem kind, he tear his anus n there's blood. he cries in pain till my heartbreaks everytime he wants to poo. have to use supposories (can't remember how to spell) on his anus and take medicine to soften the stools. now he has to take friso comfort and see if it improves. can be a real problem as babies may have phobia to clear bowels becos of pain

thanks Sharon,
so happy to hear that :p

hi sneaky,
thanks for sharing the info on constipation, because my 6-mth old girl has very hard stools after starting on EYS brown rice. She also cries when pooing. So the info comes timely!

have searched the net for info and also asked the doc abt constipation.
the recommended intake of water a day is about 120ml.
doc say good to drink 20 - 30ml water or juices every 4 hourly.
think it's the lack of water and fibre in their diet, so must eat more fruit puree such as apple, pear, prune,etc.

think it's not that brown rice cause constipation. think it's lack of water and an inbalanced diet...
http://www.kroger.com/hn/Food_Hbc/Rice_Hbc.htm
think this is for adult. <font color="119911">"Fiber, particularly insoluble fiber, is linked with prevention of chronic constipation. Insoluble fiber from food acts like a sponge, pulling water into the stool and making it easier to pass. Insoluble fiber comes mostly from vegetables, beans, brown rice, whole wheat, rye, and other whole grains. Switching from white bread and white rice to whole wheat bread and brown rice often helps relieve constipation. It is important to drink lots of fluid along with the fiberat least 16 ounces of water per serving of fiber. Otherwise, the fiber may actually worsen the constipation."</font>

sneaky,
tat is something new... didn't noe drink too much milk will have constipation problem...

Lindy,
the doc even gave me KY jelly to help lubricate the anus area when she going to poo, reduce the friction and prevent tear.

hi,
Constipation
For me to avoid constipation , i always reduce the milk powder for one feed like 180ml for 6 spoon , i only add 3 spoon milk powder. tis way sabrina can drink more water from milk feed

jenifur.. have to give lotsa water when you start to give brown rice, if not may get constipation..thanks for the contact for hesalthy times.. think i'll just stock up coa i usually buy about 10 boxes at a time..
happy.gif
anyone living near me can also tompang..
happy.gif

flo: eh i already feed zoe fish, tofu and chicken leh.. gonna intro pork in about 2weeks..

<font color="aa00aa">sharon</font>
forgot to ask u. what's the location of the shop in raffles place arcade u mention?
my mum working near that area. so can ask her to buy when i need
happy.gif

thanks.

<font color="aa00aa">fushiarstar</font>,
nurse also say can feed pork and chicken meat leh. but my mum say later. fish ok.
haven't try tofu yet. prob next week
happy.gif

flo,
meat and fish actually can start on the age of 7 month but some will delay to 8 mth, but as i know have to slowly start and bit by bit, if not they will reject when they are get older... i see some topic like " one year old toddler drink milk only "

By diluting the milk, the baby is getting less nutrients. And as we all know babies don't like to drink water. I have tried all means to make my boy drink by byuing all kinds of bottles, mugs and cups. Finally, he favours 1 which is the water bottle which has a straw. He likes dat and he will suck the water n blow bubbles like a young kid, so funny. it's something like the magic mug from Pigeon, but he likes this becos the straw is hard where else Pigeon one the straw very soft. I find Papaya is good for bowel movement. I also notice his stool is very green and nowadays very much like adult 1, it's sausage like....any mummies notice that? My colleague said yoghurt very good for bowel movement, anyone tried? she said petite miam is good and they have special ones for 6mths onwards

Hi Lindy

Yes I give my bb yoghurt almost everyday and her bowel movements are very smooth and predictable. Also if yoghurt is too expensive, u may want to just give your baby honey water - this is also excellent for relieving constipation.

Has any mom taken their bb for the pneumococcal jab yet? any side effects? any advise?

flo.. maybe cook together w porridge for taste first? but do think chicken and pork ok to give..
happy.gif
zoe loves tofu+cereal+any veg (mixed together and mashed)steamed
happy.gif

lindy: me can't feed zoe water too! now she only drinks a few mouthfuls from my corelle cup! and that's breakable leh.. sigh..

For me. just diluting the milk for one feed it's ok. Sabrina never has constipation problem before.. as she can poo 2 times a day. one in morning and night. she also poo in the potty.
and she also growth well.

Pammie,
Actually our baby too young can't take honey yet le..

<font color="aa00aa">pammie</font>,
do u give the yogurt cold? or leave it in room temperature to make it less cold before feeding?
i bot the petit miam for 6mth from compass pt cold storage but haven't feed yet.

can give honey? i read that can't give honey until above 1 year old.
http://kidshealth.org/parent/question/medical/honey_botulism.html

still thinking when to bring her for pneumococcal jab. think will ask the doc at her 9mth assessment at the polyclinic.
anyone know how much they charge at polyclinic?

<font color="aa00aa">fushiarstar</font>,
yah, tat's what i did, cook the meat with the porridge but never feed the meat.
the porridge was so tasty w/o any seasoning
happy.gif
yummy!

<font color="aa00aa">sharon</font>,
thanks. will ask my mum to chk it out
happy.gif

yah. i guess must let them eat a variety of suitable food. otherwise, become fussy eaters.

sharon - I check with PD and he said ok. i just dissolve one small tsp of honey into 50 ml of warm water n feed to her. She loves it, always finish up the entire bottle.

Flo, initially I gave it her after standing the yoghurt in a cup of warm water. but generally it's cold. let it sit out for abt 15min then give. however, it all depnds, some bb like cold some don't like, may give stomachache. So if 1st time try to let the yoghurt stand in room temp for about 20min then feed to bb

Constipation
i was actually very concerned abt Samuel having this problem now that i have just started him on Enfa range again. i'm slowing converting him to FM. he's taking 3 FM feeds and 2 EBM feeds now. i hope by the time he's on 100% FM, he'll not suffer constipation. during his 1st few days of life, i gave him Enfalac as a supplement and he suffered constipation. after that, i changed to Similac then Nan 1HA/2HA and he was fine.

pammie, i also think babies shouldn't take honey now (i read it somewhere). pneumococcal jabs will not cause any side effects. Samuel has taken all 3 when he turned 6mths old.

Linda
I am sorry for not replying to you cos I was very busy with work lately and my ger is quite fretful this day.

Have you sold ur mamil FM? If not, I don mind taking your 2 big and 1 small tins of mamil gold 2 but guess not the mamil nite. My ger normally take only abt 100ml for last feed, so I still have about 1.5 tins left and she is already 8 mths old liao.

Sneaky
Why don u continue to give Samuel Similac or Nan since he is fine with it?

adeline, i stopped Similac because he put on too much weight within a short time and regurgitated after every feed. i realised every bottle of similac i make, i will get at least half a bottle of air bubbles left, which i believe is the cause of the regurgitation. i don't wanna use Nan because all other Nestle FM suitable for 1yr and above are made in M'sia and the quality of the tins looked terrible to me...correct me if i'm wrong. Enfa &amp; Abbott products come from the same country all the way, which i find more consistent.

i'm feeding my DD similac from stage 1 to stage 2. didn't noe will cause regurgitation &amp; put on too much weight... i noe alot of air bubbles tho'.

flo, those are my Samuel's responses to this brand of milk. it might not apply to the rest though....not to worry, k? i hate the bubbles lah...don't know when to pull out the bottle especially during the infant stage. baby ended drinking in air...at first, i kept asking myself, is he drinking milk or soap ah?

hi Adeline

the nite is taken by someone, lucky she din wanna step 2. ok, deal on for you? can sel collect...hougang, sengkang or town (near clarke quay).

hi fushiastar,
your baby same as mine like to drink water like an adult so I bought the pigeon feeding set that comes with an open lid for them to drink...it's not cheap n then he doesn't like ok...everytime waste my $$. if we feed water by spoon or cup, the amt they drink is actually very little. half of the time, the water spills out. why don't you try the water bottle? can buy from kiddy palace. many pp are amused that my boy can suck from water bottle

hi pammie,

but my relative said if yoghurt placed too long outside, turn bad easily, cos there's bacteria inside yoghurt wat. wat brand you buy?

when i was breastfeeding my baby last time. stop when he six mths. he din poo for 6 days. it's called breastfeeding constipation. my parents nag at me asked me to bring him see PD cos they said how come 1 don't poo for days like dat. So my boy waste my $$ again...see doc and doc said sometimes some breastfeeding babies r like this. but when she do the insert to his anus, the stool are all soft....but now he's really having constipation. Enjoy the goodness of breastfeeding but too bad I need to work, how can keep pumping and pumping so disruptive to work rite. also wear clothes difficult, cannot button

hi Lindy

when u buy yoghurt from supermart and u take it home it may also be a while before u reach home right? trust me 15 - 20 min is fine. when u take it out of fridge it's so cold, it will take a long while bfe it turns bad. if u worry, put stnding on hot water.

ok since everyone says honey not safe, then i wil stop giving to my bb.. :sigh

sneaky,
no worries. i also wonder when she has finished milk. sometimes can't see. hee hee... my mum also commented "how come so much bubbles??"
happy.gif

Lindy
I am staying in Punggol, so I guess Sengkang is the most convenience for me. Will you be in Sengkang on weekend? I can meet you say, at compass point or rivervale mall?

Hi Adeline

Rivervale mall is fine. We can meet there cos I might wanna do some shopping at the ntuc in the Sat morning. If Sat morning is ok for you, then we will decide on the timing

it seems not easy to buy the bb yoghurt-petit miam. I always see they sellnig for kids, 6 in a pack. i stay north and been to a few supermkts...either no stk or not sellling. haiz!

Back