(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

reenie ...

yar lor ... gastric not good ... maybe too much fluid thats why the food cannot keep down ...

think for hair got 2 schools of tot ...

long: can tie/bun up so its cooler
short: neater, less hair so its cooler

thinking of cutting hair till shoulder-length.. not too long/short, coz still want to tie it up.. it will be worse if hair covers the neck.. so hot!..

Yup, the baby "waist-band" is only for initial weeks until the thing drops off... I dunno wat is tat called... but my MIL says must be very careful, and not get the belly button infected....

Men want to contribute and show that they are not bimbotic fathers to be!
happy.gif
yet, when you ask them to read up about pregnancy and babycare, they say that's the mother's job! hehehe....well, at least that's what my man said.

if you have nice textured/thin hair, short hair is cooler if you have a good crop. if you have thick, dense and natural curls, short hair may trap even more heat! best to tie up. I should have done rebonding in Dec! Now my grown-out hair is sooooo untamed and wiry! soooo hot!

hoshi, 4 long hair, she charges abt $40 4 wash & cut. tink it's abt $38 4 short hair. u can cfm wif her when u call her. i hv recommended many of my frens & colleagues 2 her. so far, d feedback is gd. u can try her out & c how.
happy.gif
hehe... my hb aso said d same thing as urs. sometimes, when he wakes up in d middle of d nite, he wld cover me wif a blanket as he finds tat my body is veri cold. but i wld always kicks it away.

seabreeze, drink lots of water & rest early tonite okie.

reenie, u better take care aso k. i aso didn't sleep well last nite. went 2 bed at abt midnite, then kena woken up at abt 3.30am due 2 bb's kickings. d best thing is due 2 my tossing & turning, i aso woke up hb.
happy.gif
so now d both of us r like pandas. hb said tat he wld spank bb's backside when he's born 4 waking us up at d ungodly hr. hehe...

hi aidanee, u delivering in Mt E right? Did u attend the Mummy Get Together Session last Sat? Hubby and i went, there was a maternity ward tour, very sad, only 3 babies in the nursery...looks like mt e not very popular..

tingting, decided on which car to get yet? im driving a vios...it rattles sometimes, feels a bit plasticky, but i've to admit the fuel consumption is really good!

just came back from lunch ...

slipped outside my office ... luckily was falling in front so supported by my knee ...

hope that baby not affected ar ....

Reenie,

Do you have any idea why pregnant women shld not drink grass jelly? I actually have that for abt 2 mths every day
sad.gif

anissa,

if I am not wrong .. its cos glass jelly is very cooling ... just know that we have to avoid cooling stuff until the 3rd tri ....

vone ... should be lar ... only my knee very pain ... will monitor lor ... if no bleeding or what should be okie .... clumsy me ...

Hi Anissa,

Ya, i also heard grass jelly very cooling..i heard watermelon also cannot eat, too cooling, is that true? cham lah, i always eat watermelon one..that day some more drink watermelon juice
uhoh.gif

Hi Aidanee,
My belly button also haven't protrude out yet, its kinda flat/even now heh ..actually, hoping it won't protrude out, quite ugly leh, if wearing tight top... i heard if your belly button was quite deep in before preg, it won't really protrude out cause got a lot of 'space' to expand
biggrin.gif

HI Seabreeze,

Alamak! Better be careful ah! We pregnant women are very clumsy heh, i also develop butter finger syndrome. Before preggy, already quite butter fingers..now pregnant, worse! keep dropping things, hubby scared next time i drop the baby! touchwood!

somemore my house bathroom is a bathtub, not shower, so climbing in and out must be extra careful...

mummytobe ...

in fact water melon is heaty one ... ppl always eat it in summer cos its juicy ... thats what my fren told me ... I oso drank it in my first tri ...

seabreeze, please take care. did u slip on wet ground? u wearing shoes with good friction? if not, another excuse to buy new pretty shoes! m glad that u're okay, take care. m trying to do everything in slow-motion these days. oso wearing aunty scholl slippers on casual days because i'm very prone to falls...

Hi Mummytobe
i am not so worried abt the protruding belly button, as i always tot it WILL protrude out during pregnancy. so now, if got choice, pray it will not protrude out!

Christina,
yah, i will be delivering at Mt E. Din attend the session. How was it? Was it informative? BTW< do they have the maternity package? Are you getting a single bedder?

Seabreeze,
How are you feeling now? remember to highlight to your gynae at your next visit about the fall. dun take any chance. my sis said we tend to get clumsier as our tummy grows bigger....so gals, please watch your step, okie? Also, check that you are wearing a good pair of non-slip shoes.

Anissa,
Watermelon and grass jelly are very cooling....but if taken moderately, should be ok. Dun worry about what has been done...if so far, you feel ok, then, should be ok. Just remember to take more "bu" stuff.

Some say cannot take papaya too...that's my fav...i only took 2 slices since i got pregnant cos cannot resist.

Gals, do all you take cold drinks? Anyone care to share about my "tummy tightening" encounter? IS that normal? Thanks!!

Hi Tingting, yar me too.. i oso feel very listless during the days recently, like the whole body system has gone hay-wired since i came back from the 3days KL trip.. hehe..

Yar Hoshi, this is wat my gynae told me last week.. he said try not to shop too much.. cos will cause retention, leg swell.. rest as much as possible, if possible lie on side for more then 9hrs everyday. And oso can recommend u my stylist at Bugis Junction, Level 2 - Soh Hair Studio, Jimmy. He is very good, has been with him for abt 7yrs liao.. charging at slightly above S$40 for long hair..

Seabreeze, take care hor..

on the belly button rite, it will only protude when yr tummy gets bigger.. normally is during the 8th till birth.. sometimes some pple will have a protude button as their tummy expand bigger then others.. so dun worri.

Christina, dunno leh, that day after i wrote abt the gathering.. seems like no one is interested and no replies.. so i foresee all not keen.. u going shanghai? when?

** Ladies at Sengkang, Punggol &amp; Hougang.. Juz went to compasspoint metro, they have cheap good buys for ELLE Petite for babies.. I bought a gal top + 2 pants only at S$13 for 3pcs..

christina &amp; aidanee...

yap have decided to go and buy a pair of good shoe for myself after this ... now 23 weeks already so clumsy ... still got 17 more weeks to go ar ...

aidanne ...

me drink cold water in the office everyday ler ... now can't really stand warm water ...

if at home will be room temp water ... my fren was saying cold is okie as long as not too cooling type can liao ...

when I had very bad soar throat ... I oso drank water chestnut drink ...

aidanee, y cant we take papaya? i've been eating quite a bit, just had 4 slices yesterday! i do take cold drinks, an occasional sip of iced lemon tea, green tea and cola from my hubby's share.

The turnout for last sat's session was quite good, a lot of expats. 2 docs gave talks on parental role in bringing up bb and stem cord banking. then some nurses gave talks on the painkillers available during delivery. i'm taking the single bedder. the double bedder is very very small...beds are probably 2 arm lengths apart... aint sure about the package though...

the last time i knocked against something, and my knee was badly bruised. Anyway, i bruise very very very easily since young. when gynae saw that, he ordered a placlet function test for me to ensure that my blood is ok cos he is worried that during delivery, i will bruise very badly and/or have any internal bleeding....so scary hor...anyway, he is just being very KS. ... luckily all is well. Haemotologist said i have very sensitve and fragile capillaries below the skin.

Lib, do u think metro woodlands will have the same promo? hmmm i'll go check it out later, shun bian pick up lunch. had super late breakfast today..i'm going away on thurs night, so wun be able to come back in time for the gathering. we can meet up for lunch after i come back =)

Seabreeze,
u ok????? Huggies...be careful yeah, today raining day, if your shoes are slippery type, better change it fast. Don't worry, baby will be alright, its well-protected by the water bag
happy.gif
If u have any discomfort, call your gynae later.

Vone,
thanks for your concern
happy.gif
yes, reallly cannot sleep last nite, you too? hehehee...me having panda eyes too...and today there's so much work to do! my eyes are also getting abit blur.

Girls,
its better not to drink grass jelly, i think watermelon not so bad. I took barley water or ju hua chai too, especially weather really heaty. I still stick to my fave Orange juice.

Hi Cat_tail,

no lah, not my tummy flat, but my belly button flat ie. level with my tummy now, so now no hole, but not protruding yet. Me 25/26 weeks now.

Hi Aidanee,

Me also got tummy tightening experience. So far three or four times already. Stomach and the muscles there will suddely tighten and harden, then when i press, like rock..lasts for about 1 to 2 minutes..i heard its braxton hicks contractions also..will ask my gynae during next visit.

actually i don't really understand the logic of not drinking cold/refrigerated drinks leh..by the time the drink reaches your tummy, already hot liao, or at least body temperature liao right?
biggrin.gif

Christina,
no problem with papaya, its good actually for fibre. Unless u eat an entire papaya in a single day! hahaahaha...eat in moderation, rotate the fruits u take, i take a variety of fruits.....appple, orange, honeydew, rock melon, grapees, papaya, chiku, kiwi! yummy....

cos my hubby lah...when i want to take some coke from him, he said cannot! when i want to eat papaya, he said dr said cannot! During my initial months, i saw another gynae at Glen E, he said no papaya, pineapple and watermelon cos can cause m/c.... so when i went to see De chew at Mt E, i asked him....he said cannot take jackfruit (cause contraction), and pineapple...Indians believe that some enzymes in papaya will cause contraction too, so he said that is just a belief, but to be safe, avoid! But i guess after the 1st tri, it's ok lah...eat moderately lor....excessive intake also no good. hehehe, wait till my hubby comes back next week, and i will make him buy ice-cream and coke!!

Chrisina, i am quite keen on the stemcord banking..do we go to the stemcord to register or just inform our gynae?

mummytobe,
i have experience braxton hicks since weeks back, i felt a strong pull and mucles just harden. But it goes off in 2 mins....esp. if i try to shift to side...is it normal??? though i heard only late stage of pregnancy then we experience that. But it happens to me quite regular, though the timing are far apart.

reenie ...

dun drink too much orange juice ... will cause phlegm for the baby one ... thats what alot of ppl tell me ...

i used to drink alot of orangina ... then stopped when alot of ppl told me abt the 'danger' of orange

hi reenie, same here, my fridge is like a mini fruitstall these days. aidanee, guess what? i had some jackfruit yesterday too! guess ignorance is bliss sometimes? i din know it can cause contraction. my gynae is quite "ang moh", he gave me the go-ahead for all fruits.

hubby is also very interested in stem cord banking. we'll probably sign up and store the stem cord cells for a few yrs. i think u've to sign up with Stemcord Pte Ltd, then inform ur doctor cuz he has to be the one to draw out the stem cord cells from bb's umbilical cord.

wow....i think i am really deprived!!!! guess my gynae wanted to be safe in the first tri. he is pretty traditional.
happy.gif
i will find out more about the Stemcord thingy..thanks!

Enjoy yr trip christina.. no prob.. we can arrange another day to mit up.

Acutally ladies, throughout the whole pregnancy so far, i have been drinking rootbeer, pepsi, coke.. yakult, cold milk.. fruit juice.. fruits like watermelon, papaya, durian, so many kind except for fresh pineapple.. even banana oso.. but always take in moderation.. banana juz avoid those delmonte kind.. fruit sellers will advise u.. somemore the weather previously was so hot.. how to tahan.. even my mil oso sometimes ask me want to drink kopi or not..

Hi Seabreeze,
Then u should rub more. Later after work, get your hubby to sayang u, k?
happy.gif

Oh mummytobe,
I C! Tot was tummy flat..heehee

Hi ladies,
My gynae tell me to eat anything I like leh! Anyway, I dun care just &amp; eat as I please.
happy.gif
Papaya also cannot meh? Tot it's full of Vitamin C, should be gd rite? How come everyone say must take coconut at our last trimester?

Hi Reenie, Aidanee,

According to some books/websites i read, you can start experiencing it from second trimester onwards, but usually its from 20 weeks onwards..

cat tail ...

think papaya is cos they say might cause jaundice in the baby ... same as ginger ....

coconut is for smoother delivery ... or something like that lar ... me not too sure ... me have craving for coconut though ... looking forwards to days when I can enjoy the coconut ....

ladies, i found my first stretchmark yesterday
sad.gif

right at my cleavage!!!! strange place and totally unexpected. so if u're applying stretchmark cream, do get ur chest area covered too...

seabreeze, do u think we can eat coconut now? i'm always salivating over the thai coconuts selling in cold storage... my mum asks me to wait, but i've been eating chendol and bobochacha behind her knowledge heheheh

christina ...

me dunno ler ... when at my 1st tri ... weather was so hot ... my mum offered me half a coconut oso heehee ...

but my fren was saying like a few weeks before delivery then take ler ... i think i will start taking once i hit 34 weeks ...

christina, do note on this.. the coconut juice is cooling.. recommending preg woman to drink it at the later stage as we will be heaty.,. the coconut flesh is heaty.. so do avoid eat the flesh during yr later stage.

btw, i tink someone in this thread is looking for 2nd-hand breastpump.. found this deall. interested may checkit out..

Hi all,

Selling below items to clear space :

1) Ameda Lactaline Dual Pump, used condition. Original price >$250, (Giveaways : 1 extra set of accessories)

2) Avent ISIS breast pump with 1 4oz bottle, used condition. Original price $79

3) Avent Bottle 260ml 2pcs pack, used 2-3 times. Baby cannot accept it. Original price $14

4) Avent teats 3m+ (Medium flow) New but packaging open. Original price $5.10

5) Avent teats 6m+ (Fast Flow) BRAND-NEW ! Original price $5.10

6) Pigeon Breast pads >30pcs left. Original price $12

7) Lucky Baby Breast pad 30pcs, BRAND-NEW ! Original price $5.90

8) Farlin Healthy Reshaping Girdle S size, 36"x8.5" New but packaging open. Original price $27

9) Baby Mobile for cot, BRAND-NEW !

10) Pigeon Steam Sterilizer, original price $59. BRAND-NEW !

11) Boots Steriliser tablets, 32tablets, expiry date 4/2006, BRAND-NEW !Original price $6

12) Milton Anti-bacterial tablets, 29tablets instead of 30 (used 1pc) expiry date 01/2008. Original price $6

13) Eu Yan Seng Chicken of Essence with Gilko. Original price for 1box (contain 6): $20

Email me @ [email protected] with your offered price.

All items to be self-collected.

cspyse
Posted - 05/17/2005 : 10:43:10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For photos,
pls view at
http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cspyse/album?.dir=4098&amp;.src=ph&amp;store=&amp;prodid=&amp;.done=http%3a//sg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

seabreeze, i c....looks like i better tahan for a few more weeks. 34 weeks is a good time to start. i read from some interview zoe tay gave...she started on taking coconuts pretty late, then bb came out earlier, she only got to eat 2...

Hi Seabreeze,
I am confused abt all these tales... but anyway, I like coconut! Probably won't miss out the flesh! Some say must eat, some say better not..

I heard after consuming coconut, baby complexion will be smooth &amp; nice.
happy.gif

Coconut to be taken only arnd week 34 - 36 weeks onwards to cool down our body, so when bb is born, won't hv rashes and will most prob clear them of cradle caps. Cradle caps are those small flaky skin-like thingy on their heads and/or face.

Watermelon is.. like what Seabreeze says, HEATY and not cooling. TT's y, when u eat watermelon, do eat some of the white flesh (cooling) as well.. to balance up the heatiness. How I know all these,.. well, mil and hb in fruits trade.

lib,

Looks like we are two very notti mummies-to-be here cos I have been drinking coke, pepsi, root beer and all the fruits that other mummies-to-be here advised against ...

As a matter of fact, I use scissors and do sewing on the bed during initial stage of pregnancy. Was worried for a couple of mths and last mth went for the detailed scan and gynae said no cleft lips shown. *PHEW* Else I sure feel guilty for the rest of my life!

As for protruding belly button, I was just talking abt it to my hubby last night and this morning the thread is discussing it! Hahaha ... anyway, my belly button already starts to protrude
sad.gif
Looks ugly. Can't agree more.

can i check with any mommies2b if you're currently using any acne/ pimple cream? my pimples flaring up, getting worse as the pregnancy progresses. dunno what to use....any recommendations by ur gynae?
embarrassed.gif

Speaking of pimples, can I check with all mommies-to-be here if you have those small 'ruo liu' growing on different parts of your body? I notice lots of that around my neck and body. Help!!! It's damn disgusting. Threw my tantrum at hubby last night cos of that
sad.gif

Back