(2005/01) Jan 2005 Mom-To-Be

Good Morning Ladies,
Went to the gynae yesterday and getting a bit worried. Firstly, I gained 2.8kg this month, luckily gynae didn't scold me. Secondly, was told that baby is quite big - 1167g at 26wk 5days. Also, was told that he has a big head & body - 26.39cm and 23.76cm respectively - and belongs to the 80th-90th percentile. But I told gynae that big heads run in my hubby's family. Apparently, all his nephews and nieces have big heads when they were infants.

Why I'm worried - well, just afraid that boy boy grows too big when full term and I will have difficulty delivering him and I am trying to avoid having to go for C-section. Looks like I'll have to control my diet from now on.....sigh.

However, I must say that boy boy was quite obedient during the check-up. He didn't cover his face during the scan and I have 2 very good pictures of him. But I still can't figure out who he looks like, although hubby kept saying boy boy looks like him.... he just wants to claim credit again. Oh well, if it makes him happy.

piggy,

oh perhaps i can give it a try..thanks!

twinkle,
maybe u can try alternate days..

jaykay,

not to worry maybe bb now having growth spurs? heard that sometimes around the 6/7th month onwards, bb will grow very fast...did your dr say its due to your diet? if not then better dun control your diet too much okie....

hee dun think at this stage can tell bb look like who right..my hb also kept saying bb will look like him since its a boy??? got this kind of theory one meh??
uhoh.gif

Twinkle,
Now we are ending the second tri and going into third tri, we are suppose to start taking cooler stuffs like coconut and sugar cane drink. Don't worry about the honey being too cool for baby.

Dolphina,
Looks like all the fathers want to take credit for their boys. Actually, from what I observe, I would think most boys will look like their mothers and girls will look like their fathers. Well, we really can't tell who baby looks like at this stage, even when they are born. Just the other day, I had a hard time trying to figure out whether my girlfriend's daughter looks like her or her hubby. Infant grows very fast they do look different as they grow. However, I do hope boy boy looks like me but have hubby's long legs and height....heehee....

Anyway, gynae never say it's due to diet but I think I better control a bit.

Piggy,
What other 'cooling' stuff can we take during our last trimester? I heard that taking coconut drink from 8th month onwards is good for baby's skin. Is that true?

Hi Mtbs,
Ive read this from other thread and copy to here; maybe can let you know about one of brave mums experience when into labour..

Hi gals,
I am back! My baby girl, Esther, is 1 week & 2 days old today :)

On 6 Oct at 2.30am, I woke up realising that my water bag broke. By 4am, I was at the MAH. 2cm dilated. Painful contractions started around 5-6am.

Gynea est. deliver to be about 11am. Given a shot of pethidine as recommended by gynea. Within mins, i was in a daze. It totally knock me out. I could feel the contractions was getting more painful but was in such a daze that it was bearly noticeable, though the machine was registering pretty strong contractions. Midwife looked at me & say she must hear me scream up & down she believe the pain was really bad. I whispered that it was bad (but I was trying to ease the pain by not tensing up with the help of the drowsy effect of Pethidine). I overheard the midwife telling gynea over the phone that i was sleeping!

Gynea returned to check & say contractions not regular enough, est delivery 2pm. Pain was getting more unbearable. I tried the gas & it offered very little relief.

Then the "real" pain sets in. But I was already 8-9cm dilated. Too late for epidural. I finally understood wat they meant by "labour pains is 100 times more painful then menstrual pain". Felt my tummy was ripping apart! My hubby was by my side, holding my hands & telling me that i can make it.
Midwife then started to ask me to start pushing. She was very encouraging. I think I pushed for at least 1/2 hour b4 my gynea returned. bb was still high. another two nurses were asked to help with my pushing. (I had 5 persons (including my hubby) helping me to push! Hubby requested not to vaccum if possible. Gynea agreed to give me another 20mins of pushing, as he say he can see i was very determined & my bb's heartbeat was miraculously very stable.

After 20mins, gynea worried that he might not even be able to use vaccum as bb head still too high. No sign of crowning. He said might have to do a Csection. My heart sink. But in a way, it turned out to be the most motivating thing said which give me even more determination to push my little darling out. I was not gonna go thru the one month pain fm the recovery of a Csection, after already being in pain for more than 8-9 hours in labour! A paedatrician was asked to standby, to check bb immed after delivery. Vaccum was used to assist in the descend. After another 20?30? mins (i really was in too much pain to tell), my darling popped at 2.35pm! Weighting 3.23kg at 51cm.

Throughout the pushing, I could hear my darling hubby's encouraging words. He was really my pillar of strength. Would not have made it without him by my side. The staff at MAH was super too. They kept encouraging me. I would definitely recommend MAH to all.

Note: MAH= Mt. A

JayKay,
I know coconut water is the best!!! During our pregnancy, we must drink at least 2times. (Heard that is good; baby come out clean and very smoontly.) My son look 100% like his daddy! So maybe its true, son looks like dad and girl looks like mom leh!

piggy,

any idea when we should start taking the coconut drink (my fav) and wat is the max we can take each week??

evelyn,
did you take the coconut drink for your elder son? is is true they will minimise jaudice huh??

jaykay,
hmm yalor actually hor i resemble my dad alot alot whilst my bro resemble my mum leh...heheheh maybe its true....

<font color="ff6000">Evelyn</font>, thanks for the receipes!! Already printed all out. Only waited to be filed!
biggrin.gif

Wow, it seemed like most of you are really getting very motherly!! Jiat luck, i worry that i cant take care of my BB. Furthermore, when i watched those BB shows, they always showed that their mummies will know how to cook BB food for them.....
192165.gif
Hopefully, by then, i care cook better!!
lol.gif

<font color="0000ff">JayKay</font>, what <font color="ff6000">Evelyn</font> said abt the coconut water is true too! I also heard that BB will be clean and smooth, but heard must eat those normal one! Not those thai one which is very small!

Wah, I just got back from childbirth prep and today's topic was interventions and augmentations.. I really hope I don't have to have my baby suctioned out as there will be a blood blister on the top of his head plus he will have a conehead for a few days.. plus it's dangerous if the suction cup is not positioned correctly. They also showed us the fetal scalp monitoring.. my poor little boy must have been scared scared 'cos he was jumping around inside like a mexican bean! Hope he guai guai come out nicely and I don't kena any intervention or worse still, c-section. They showed the c-section animation, can see all the dads turning green.. hehe.. esp the part where they pull apart the stomach muscles, then use metal protractors to pull the stomach tissue back. *urks*

We were fighting over who baby will look like 'cos from the u/s, seems like side profile is like mine
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

JayKay, heard that it's recommended to bring a breastpump along to the hospital in case of engorgement... that's why I already have my Avent Isis.. cheap and apparently gives as good a letdown as the expensive electric ones. Only thing is that you can kena carpal tunnel... but husband already volunteered to lend a hand.. so idiot right?
happy.gif

Catz,
What you described is precisely why I don't want to have a C-section. But my stupid hubby said that he will volunteer to sew me up if I ever go through it and he promises to give me nice stitches.
uhoh.gif
I told him 'choy!! don't curse me!!"
Your hubby is just as hilarious - just hope he doesn't hurt you! BTW, I don't think you need to bring your pump to the hospital if you plan to deliver at TMC. TMC has their own in-house Medela electric pump that can be used in the wards.

All mommies-to-be,
We must start to message our breasts soon so that the milk ducts can flow smoothly once baby comes out. Do it during your shower. Message at 3, 6, 9 &amp; 12 o'clock of each breast and roll your nipples for a few counts.

catz/jaykay,

haha both your hubby so humorous.....

u mean we can start to massage now? will it cause any leakage or not....kekekek

anyone has any idea when will our checkup ne schedule to once every fortnight huh..at this stage we normal went once a month right..

have a good weekend girls...cant wait to go home already....

happy.gif

Hi ladies,

I know we can really start eating liang foods like coconut drink at start of ninth months. ie from 36th weeks onwards, can eat the liang thing as much as you like.
Now, I start to drink the occasional water chestnut drink. Like once a week as our body temperature has gone up since preggie. But from 36th week, it will be higher, so we need to cool down as much as possible. Having said that, not mean you take 3 coconut every day hor. Must see your own body can take liang food or will get cough if take too liang. So don't just "hum tum" all liang food. So if you not sure, take maximum of 2 coconuts per week from 36th week.

Going by me &amp; hubby's family, boys look like mums and girls look like daddy. True for both of us, so I think my boy will look like me. But it's hard to say... I've seen some families where it's the opposite, so I think depends on your genes.

Evelyn, what recipes you have?? Confinement food?

Catz,
I'm opposite of you, I scared not enuf milk, not abt engorgement. But yah, agree the c-section videos v scary. I was teary eyed watching the video of the lady give birth with doula and no epidural. So brave! I think I will be like all these mummies on video, cry after delivery when they show me my BB.

Jay, your husband so funny.. but seriously if he can do the stitching, he might do a better job esp if he's a surgeon
happy.gif
Oh, didn't know TMC already has pumps for us to use! Woohoo.. but anyway, I think I will bring my Avent along so that the lactation consultant can help me if I dunno how to use it.

Err.. I read that you can massage your breasts but DO NOT roll your nipples as this will induce early labour. Most imptly, kegels kegels kegels!

babyD, I also scared not enough milk leh.. but I heard that regardless, on the 3rd/4th day, you will kena engorgement.

Yah lor, <font color="0000ff">JayKay</font>, so nice ah... ur hubby volunteer to stitch for u!
192496.gif
Yap, maybe he be more careful cos he wun want his beautiful wife to have ugly scar!
biggrin.gif

<font color="ff6000">Catz</font>, abt the milk thing hor. My sis was telling me not to worry. As long as u get ur BB to suck even if there is no milk, er... remember to suck both side hor
blush.gif
. Then when the body detect that there is demand(BB), our body will automatically produce the supply(milk)!!
rofl.gif

So u see, my poor niece that time hor, for the first 2 days, she got nothing to drink!
lame.gif
But after that, ok liao!!

Hi, mtbs,
Any of you got experience colostrum leaking out from nipple? I am beginning to have some leak. In the morning when I wake up, I see my shirt got yellow patches at nipple area.

Yup, I know that baby will definitely lose 1/10 of body weight in the first week of life as our milk supply is very very limited.. heard we only produce 1 teaspoon of colostrum a day! Must really persevere lor..

Piggy, from last month I noticed that my nipples have bigger 'holes' in them and the holes are plugged up with a yellowish dried up substance but I do not have colostrum leak per se. Looks like you don't have to worry about breastmilk supply!!!

Catz,
Will take your advice not to roll the nipples yet. Don't want boy boy to come out too early also. Heehee... It may be a good idea to bring along your pump since there will be a lactation consultant at TMC. So lucky! Not sure if Gleneagles provides such service or not.

Ocean,
I really hope that I don't have to go through C-section. Also don't think I want him to stitch me. What if not nice how? Heehee.... I think my gynae is more experience lah.

Piggy,
Wah, you are quite fast. Already having colostrum! I'm like Catz, noticed that my nipples have bigger holes and they are plugged up with yellowish substance. Was told to clean off, especially after message so that milk can flow better when baby comes out.

Hi Jaykay and Catz,
Really hope this leak is an indication that got alot of milk when bb is born. Hope it is not just nuisance.

Catz,
You coming back to Singapore soon hor. Have u done all the packing? When your hubby coming back to join you? Will he be going back after that? You better start telling Tim to come out only after hubby return to Singapore. Must tell him every day.
Also, TMC really got lactation consultant? Funny job, eh? Go around teaching pp how to breast feed, hee hee. Must make appointment with them or not? Or they will autimatically come to your ward to teach you all about bf?

Dear all mums,

Visited my gynae this Wed, told me that I should be in my 28wk. Put on 1.2 kg &amp; baby about 1.2kg (average normal weight). Guess I've my growth spurt last mth when I put on 5kg. Now hitting 70kg. Blood pressure ok, didn't do any blood test. it will be 1 visit every 3 wks after 32wk term.

hubby also watched a VCD on natural birth delivery which is only less than 1 min shot but he seems traumatised by the scene. His hands were on his head &amp; face...trying to cover his eyes or pulling his hair(i guess). later, he said he should be ok, not a problem. but can't imagine he watches the c-section or me really in labour, probably fainted. I think must ask for 1 additonal gas mask for him.

really missed him...didn't see him for 3 days, coming back fm overseas tomorrow nite. can't imagine hubby not around when in labour, can easily go into post-natal blues. so to all mums here, must also reciprocate when hubby showers u with love.

Tetra
Glad to know your baby is well.
I think your it is very natural for hubby to be scared seeing the natural birth video. I think it is not good to let him see when your time arrives. I wouldn't ask hubby to look down there if I go thru natural delivery. As for C section, even more no no cos very bloody, you know. I read of some hubbies see the birth process, then cannot perform sex anymore. They got a mental image that is not sexy and thus suffer from erectile dyfunction. So I think I will ask my hubby to hold my hand, encourage me,etc and not peep there unless he really wants to.

You missing your hubby uh? Absense really make the heart grows fonder.
happy.gif
Ithink sometimes it is true that we take our hubbies for granted leh. We just think that they ought to understand and always pamper us, etc, etc. But sometimes, we can be very demanding without knowing it. I know sometimes I talk without thinking and then hurt his feeling, then later regret. Hee hee. So, I agree with you, must reciprocate or better, lead by example to shower love to hubby. I am going to kiss my hubby now. hee hee.

Hihi ladies... now that I'm in 3rd trimester, I'm feeling a lot more cranky and tired leh.. all of a sudden! PLus I realise that the skin on my belly seems to be really really stretched and can see the faint beginnings of stretch marks!! Now I'm doubling up on stretchmark cream application to twice a day.. hpefully can prevent those ugly red spider veins!!

Piggy, yah packing up to go home.. my poor husband, everytime he sees me packing, he will grab me and say 'don't go, don't go'.. aiyah, I think I will flood SF airport on 5th Nov. So poor thing.. he will have to yard sale all our stuff off by himself. Must ask the other guys to take care of him during the 1.5 months of separation.. if not I think he will pine away. I also hope I don't pop early leh, esp if Yvonne Chan will not be around!!!

JayKay, good to know you've got the plugs too!!! I find they come off easily in a warm shower but they start accumulating after half a day. Not sure whether the TMC LC is a complimentary service or need to specially request help. Over here, all of the nurses in maternity wards are trained in lactation... it's more BF friendly here. Actually, lots of people use LC and doulas over here, it's quite the norm.. Was quite surprised to hear that there were doulas in S'pore!!

As for watching the birth, I've heard of a lot of daddies who've gone impotent or at the very least, vegetarian for a couple of months... hehe..
happy.gif
Anyway, I don't think sex will be on the menu for at least 2 months after delivery. All that awful lochia!!!

Hi Piggy,
Looks like your body is preparing for breastfeeding well. Don't worry. Must stay happy and cheerful so that you can lactate well.

Hi Tetra,
I hope I have passed my growth spurt because I can't afford to put on too much weight anymore. I am left with 4kg to go for the next 3 months. They also found some traces of glucose in my urine, so I have to cut down on the sweet stuff and carbohydrates. Hubby was nagging at me after my gynae appointment because of this. Sometimes, it is good to have a husband who does not have any medical knowledge. I believe your hubby will appreciate you more after realizing what you go through to have babies. For my hubby, he's numb to such things because he sees trauma patients, clamps, protractors, lumps, blood all the full works day in day out. You must bask in his love and attention while you can, otherwise they will take you for granted.

Catz,
Your hubby is so sweet. I believe he will definitely pine for you and Tim. As for LC, I was told that Mrs Wong from Parent Craft will help all the mommies who have just given birth. Also, if you have any problems, you can also call her for help. Don't worry.

As for sex after delivery, I really don't know. May be too busy looking after ah boy to need it! By the way, I am starting to get those ugly spider veins too. We better walk around more to prevent them. I don't have stretch marks yet (touch wood!!) and hope they don't appear later either.

<font color="ff6000">Piggy</font>, i think u dun have to worry about not enough milk for ur BB liao!!
biggrin.gif
I still dun have yet, but noticed that the area around nipple is getting darker and wider! In fact, i think it looked ugly!!
sad.gif
But what to do... think my body is preparing for BF!
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">JayKay</font>, i guess if ur hubby stitch for u and turned out to be "artistic", next time u can complain to him &amp; demand for damages if he noti!!
lame.gif

As for traces in ur urine, there is once that i went for routine urine test, i had trace too. But nobody seemed to bother. So the next visit, i asked the doc and she said that is Trace 1. Not to worry as it can be normal during preggie. True enough, the next visit, my urine test was ok!!
happy.gif
So <font color="0000ff">JayKay</font>, ur hubby accompany u to see gynae every visit?

<font color="aa00aa">Tetra</font>, happy to learn that ur BB is growing well!
biggrin.gif
I think my hubby will also faint during delivery. He hate to see <font color="ff0000">blood</font> too. Even those normal <font color="ff0000">blood</font> test, he also try not to look at the nurse poking!

Well, not to worry, when ur hubby home tomorrow nite, u give him 2 kisses
192910.gif
and tell him that is from his lovely wife and BB!
happy.gif

Hi dearest mums here,
ya, hubby support during pregancy is so important. miss hubby during these few nites is also b'cause didn't get any nite leg/foot massage from him. &amp; better kiss kiss now when he comes back 2 nite otherwise after going thru the birth, he may not wanna to kiss-kiss for a while. ha ha...also told him not to watch the delivery, just hold my hand &amp; guide my breathing.

jaykay: although your hubby is already used to such scene, he may not expressed how appreciative he is for wat u're going thru b'cause u 're carrying his child...this usually should melt most of the men's hearts.

catz: better be emotionally prepared on 5 Nov. it's going to be a long flight home, better dun cry all the way back...you will get dehydrated. maybe on that day, your hubby may cry more than u. better ask him to be steady for yr sake.

Ocean, he's making an effort these days to accompany me to see the gynae despite his busy schedule. I guess in some ways, he is more excited than me about the delivery and he kept saying it's going to be ok. In fact, he wants our boy to come out earlier, like in end Dec! He wasn't able to make for the last appointment but he asked me to ask the gynae for more photos.

Tetra, actually he has not expressed any appreciation on what I have gone through. The only time I noticed some tinge of 'kan cheong-ness' was when I had very bad nausea and vomiting during the 1st trimester and they found out I have Thalessemia. Other than that, he laughed at me for getting piles and varicose veins.
sad.gif
Well, I did ask him whether he will cry like his colleague when he see ah boy being delivered, he said "Aiya, I am so used to this already lah. Cry for what? I'm not the sentimental type like so and so." Anyway, I'll see what happens during the actual day.
happy.gif

Jaykay,
Your hubby very "iron teeth" hor. Say wouldn't cry. Later, see you screaming in pain, then baby born, maybe he will cry more than you. Men can be very trying to act macho. You must tell us ALL if he got cry on that day...

Jaykay, my husband is also the die die must be macho type.. till today, I still have not seen him cry before!!! I call him Robot! Oh well, I hope he doesn't cry lah.. if he cries, I will really flood SF airport and boohoo all the way on the flight
sad.gif

Ocean, yah, actually my nipple colour has been getting darker since first trimester.. I miss my pink nipples.. now they're purple and HUGE! It's so that baby can have a better target... *sigh*

JayKay, I think those spiderveins are precursor to stretchmarks leh... ARRGGGGHHHHHH... Oh yah, my husband was also laughing at me 'cos I have a really hairy belly.. those insensitive neanderthals!!! BTW, it's good to know that the famous Mrs Wong will be at hand... glad that I will be at TMC!

JayKay,
My hubby also wants our boy to come out earlier in Dec, says that he can start school one year earlier than if he comes out in Jan! Last time we told our gynae that in S'pore, we got chided cos gynae said Jan bb usu ahead of their classmates in learning becos they're older, Dec bb usu a bit behind, but will catch up later.

Are spiderveins the purplish looking patches? The whole area around my belly button looks purple, v scary! Hasn't popped yet, but I think it will soon. My friend said hers popped around 28 wks.

My Jap neighbour just delivered last week to a healthy bb boy, weighing 2.8kg (at 38wks), but as it's her 2nd child, she only had to endure 6 hrs of labour. So envious! She's an amazing woman... 1 day after getting out of hospital and she's up and about making dinner for the family. I made her family dinner the day she came back from hospital. Her bb so tiny and cute! Now my hubby really v ready to be daddy after we visited.

Catz
I also miss my pink nipples leh. Now the aerola so dark, nipples so dark. Also started from first tri for me.
Ya, I hope your hubby don't cry at airport, otherwise you sure hum bao all the way back. Tell him must be strong for you and baby.

All mtbs,
Btw, felt that the viginal area also a little engorged. Anyone experience this?

Piggy, yah lor yah lor... I find the purple one so gross hor? I think vaginal engorgement is very common leh.. that's why they say that sex can be difficult as it can make the guy too aroused due to the tightness.. so far so good but not much 'action' these days... feeling waaaaay too heavy and unsexy :p

Dolphina, I got 220 breastmilk storage bags for you liao.. US$5.36 w/tax. Will pass it to you when I get back to S'pore
happy.gif

Catz,
I feel the purple one looks very suffocated.
happy.gif
Ya, action nowadays are few, if any. Very clumsy to try anything. hee hee. Luckily, hubby also thinks likewise. If not jia lut.

I have been feeling more of baby movements throughout the day, not only at nights. Also, I feel my tummy wall like a drawing board. I think must be the hands moving across the tummy. Very ticklish leh. Sometimes, I walk half way, will start laughing out loud. Must have looked very silly..

Catz,
Can't agree more that our hubbies are neanderthals!! They simply love to joke &amp; laugh about our plights. I also haven't seen any action for a long long time - his excuse - EEEE, you have piles &amp; varicose veins OR ah boy will get irritated you know. Anyway, like you, I feel very unsexy - very much like a beached whale.

BabyD,
How come your belly button is purplish? Really quite scary. Like you, my belly button hasn't pop out yet. I'm starting to get linea nigra near the pubic area though. Your Jap neighbour very strong ah. I think I will be very tired after labour.

Piggy,
I do get the ticklish feeling on and off these days too.

To all MTBs,
Something to share with you - I had this horrible nightmare that someone took my boy away from my womb and replace it with something else which I don't know what. Woke up panicking and then I kept tapping and talking to my tummy hoping that my boy will respond. Thank God he moved. Otherwise, jia lat!! I hope none of you gets dreams like that. It's really horrible. Somehow, this dream made me a bit paranoid. I will talk to my boy more and tap my tummy more nowadays just to make sure he's okay.

Hey <font color="0000ff">JayKay</font>, cant help agreeing with <font color="ff6000">Piggy</font> that ur hubby can be <font color="ff0000">iron teeth</font>!!
lame.gif
Seriously, i was thinking if he is in this profession, he shld be aware how hard mum-to-be can be feeling at times, since he had see alot of such cases!
193281.gif
But luckily, he is making an effort and you can see his concern and anxiousness!
193282.gif
I dun noe leh, but if my hubby is very nice and show concern to my tummy
lame.gif
, i wld find myself very happy
193283.gif
and my heart melts!
193284.gif

<font color="119911">Catz</font>, so, it is true loh... but urs <font color="aa00aa">Purple</font> still ok lah.... Think mine is brown liao!! Very big and ugly!
sad.gif
Will they be back to normal once we stopped BF or it remained like that??
uhoh.gif

<font color="ff6000">BabyD</font>, my belly had not popped yet too! There is one thing i wanna checked. After popped hor, will our belly button be back to the previous pattern???
uhoh.gif

<font color="0077aa">JayKay</font>, not to worry abt ur bad dreams!
193293.gif
Was talking abt dreams in the other thread and the gals said once u tell the bad dreams to others, it would not happened!!
biggrin.gif
So, u already tell us, so things will be fine!
193294.gif

By the way, i am still cracking my brain to think of what names to give my BB gal!!
193295.gif
Headache leh....

hello girls,

was on mc yesterday so this morning busy clearing some work..catching up with the postings now....

hee my hubby also say must ask dr to stand by during childbirth in case he fainted before me!! wah piang really pengz!!!how to rely on him like that??

oh my hb also going to be outstation in 2 weeks time, gonna miss his massage too...and got to move to my parents house coz he dun wan me to be alone at home....sigh so troublesome...

catz,
thanks a zillion, we shall arrange a gathering when u r back and i can pick up the item from u....

jaykay,
i have been feeling faint over the weekend..guess this will only get worse in 3rd tri rite... getting worried coz if this goes on, it will affect my daily life leh...pressure everything seems ok according to the dr..jialat any remedies huh??

oceans,
yalor hb and myself cannot agree on names as well...so sian time is running out and still no head no tail....

thats all for now folks!

hi gals,

Went to see my gynae yest, i m into 27 weeks now, bb weight is 700+g if I hear correctly, is it small? I told doc abt bb not moving much these 2 days, doc sent me for ECG test, says that bb's heartbeat ok but not very active ECG seen. Today still have to go for another detailed ECG lasting an hr or so so as to confirm bb is doing fine. Might have tire myself too much lately due to some family matters. My gynae was saying bb shld be moving actively as I m already in wk 27. Hai, made me so worry....

Hi girls,
Just came back from my leave
Talking abt whether hubby will cry when witnessing the birth of the baby?
Ha, my hubby did cry but not bcoz he witness the delivery of our baby. In fact, bcoz of me! Why leh? Bcoz at that time I was screaming in pain, crying non-stop and kept saying: Let me died! let me died! I dont want to give birth anymore!! Please let me died!
He saw me in such great pain and saying those words, tears automatically rolled down. Moreover, when he held my hand trying to encourage me, I bitten his hand, his arm.some more! Therefore, he cried bcoz of me lor! Kekekee
However, during delivery the support of hubby is really important to us. Seriously speaking, I believe that all men cant be steady when seeing their women cry in pain!
Even this experience was so painful, but Im still thinking that I had a wonderful natural childbirth.

Dolphina,
If Im not wrong, I drank only 2 or 3 times of coconut water during my 1st pregnancy. I didnt make it like must drink 1 or 2 times per week in 3 trimesters.
Take good care of yourself!

BabyD,
Oh, the recipe actually meant for Asian Foods, not for cfmt foods. If you need it, can email to me your email add?

Sun Moon,
Yesterday forgot to tell youIf you really need the kids clothes hanger, can get it from Ikea. Ikea sells S$2.90/8packs. Yesterday we saw Mothercare sells S$24.00/4packs right? But Ikea one size abit bigger loh!

Piggy, Catz, JayKay,
Aiyo, I laugh when reading your postings: not much action, action nowadays are few, boy will get irritated
For me hor, dont know your believe or not? Hubby and me totally no sex since Im pregnant 5 or 6mths onward till now! Dunno leh! We feel uncomfortable if we continue to perform sex knowing theres a baby in me.

Jaykay,
What happen to you? Are you too stressing recently? Must relax hor!

Hi twinklegal, don't worry so much.. some babies are more laidback than others. The fetal ECG is the same as ultrasound leh... don't forget if you feel faint, to let the sonographer know that you need to lie on your left side. That's what happened to me.. nearly passed out during my tests in SF. Don't worry OK? There's no other indication that your baby is not OK.

Dolphina, I think you are feeling faint 'cos of lack of oxygen.. same here.. hard to breathe 'cos the uterus is pushing up on the diaphragm and making it hard to breathe lor. Just take it easy.. will meet up with you maybe 3rd wk Nov when I settle my jetlag and get used to the horrible weather in S'pore.
happy.gif

Ocean, I think sad to say, the darkening of the nipples is permanent leh.. boohoo... so sian. I think nipple size is permanently huge too. The only consolation is bigger breasts lor :p As for belly button, mine also hasn't popped out but heard that if it does, it can be pretty painful but good news is that it will revert to innie after birth, however it will be stretched out somewhat.

Piggy &amp; JayKay, yah I feel ticklish too, esp when Twinkletoes jabs me at my side. He moves around A LOT these days and he gets hiccups every 2 days or so... when he does, he gets pretty frustrated and will thrash around and give poor me a lot of painful kicks. As for 'action', I still have to fight my husband off as I really feel far from sexy lor. I think it will be one year of dry spell man...

Ocean,
I can't agree more that my hubby is very 'iron teeth'. Just before bedtime last night, he scolded me for getting pregnant at the wrong time. Why? Because he may be posted out of Singapore for 6 months and he will not see our boy grow up. He said that he will most probably leave when our boy is about 5 mth old which means that he will miss seeing him crawling, walking and talking. In fact, I could hear from his voice that he's a bit upset over this. He kept saying this means a lot to him even though I said that it's ok. Heeheehee... This is my crazy hubby for you. He's a softie at heart.

Dolphina,
Hope you are feeling better now. Actually, I think Catz is right about your giddiness cause by the lack of oxygen. You better be extra carefully when getting out of bed or when trying to stand up from sitting position. Try to do it slowly so that you don't black out. If your gynae says you are fine, then don't worry too much. If you are worried that it may be anemia, a good way to check is to look at your palms. If they are pinkish, then your hemoglobin level should be ok. If they are pale, better go and tell your gynae ASAP, as it's a sign of low Hb.

Evelyn,
Wah, you very funny leh. Bite your hubby! No wonder he cried lah!! Heehee.... Don't bite your hubby this time round leh.
I think you are right, my horrible dream may be due to stress....but I have reason to relax this week - going off to Penang this Fri. Can't wait to fly off.

Twinkle,
Different baby grow at different rate and some just more lazy to move. As long as heart beat is ok, then you don't have to worry. Talk about stress, I got so much work to do in office till I want to cry man. I also very tired. But luckily got this forum to keep me alive. So for you, you just try to rest as much as possible and come up here to "Shu ku", ok?

Jaykay,
Your hubby very cute leh. Scold you for getting pregnant at wrong time. He did not contribute sperm meh? Why you don't ask him? hee hee. I think all iron teeth people very soft at heart one. They only want to appear macho. You see when he goes away for 6 months, got cry or not prior to departure. Just wait patiently and see....

Evelyn,
Wow, I never think of biting hubby leh. Must be very funny to the nurses in the delivery suite, man. I hope I won't curse and swear when my time comes. Maybe all the xyz language also come out due to intolerable pain. Must tell hubby to mute the video if he is going to use it. Otherwise, no face to face people after that. Ha ha ha...

Catz,
My little pinkies are gone for good uh? So sad....

Catz, Evelyn, Jaykay,
Ya, I think one year of dry spell it will be man. Never mind, I told hubby already, after baby born and fully recovered, leave him with MIL, we go for dirty weekends. Must try to do so, you know? Otherwise very unhealthy for the marriage. hee hee...

Piggy,
My hubby is a bit 'short' one. I think when he leaves, he will miss his boy more than me. Even though he is the sperm contributor, he said that I 'cheat' him because I miscalculated the ovulation date. That's why I got pregnant. Heehee... Actually, my hubby has the same idea as you, leave the boy at my mom's then we go travelling together. I definitely miss backpacking...sigh..

Oh <font color="119911">Catz</font>, really???
193530.gif
No more pinkish and remained so Big???
193531.gif
Ok, dont say pink lah... at least not so brown??? Can??
193532.gif
Ai..yoooo... like tat how?
sad.gif
Very ugly leh!!
sad.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Dolphina</font>, must take care of yourself hor!
happy.gif
As for names.. sighn.... Anyway, think after we give birth, still got one mth to decide right?
uhoh.gif

<font color="ff6000">Twinkle</font>, hope
193533.gif
that ur BB is growing well. Maybe urs is like my BB gal? Very gentle and so the kicks are very soft??

Hahhaa
rofl.gif
<font color="0077aa">Evelyn</font>!! Cant help lauging when i read ur delivery story!!
lol.gif
Bite hubby and asking to let u die.... Goosh, very drama, like those shows in TV!
biggrin.gif
I hope i wun be like tat...
lame.gif

<font color="0000ff">JayKay</font>, ur hubby hor, very very noti leh!! Oh, how can he said u cheat him! Think is more likely he cannot resist the temptation of his lovely wife!
blush.gif
Kekkee..
biggrin.gif

JayKay,
I think my belly button more brown than purple, plus a brown patch of skin on the belly around the belly button. None of you girls got this?? Is it because tummy is stretching?? Actually, your hubby should be the one calculating the ovulation date since he's the medical doc, how can he blame you!? Guys like that one... guess he must be upset that he has to leave you and bb for 6 months. There are a lot of guys here who left their bb and wives behind to come and study. One Jap guy said his bb only 3 mths old! So glad that I can be here with hubby.

Ocean,
Dun worry, belly button will go back after delivery. But like Catz says, our bellies will be forever changed, not to mention the rest of our body and our entire life! Yah, reading some books and mags that say that after bb comes, even relationship with hubby will have to change too.

How much have you girls spent on bb gear &amp; equipment etc? I think after buying cot, pram, sheets, blankets, changing mat, bottles, pump, clothes, etc etc, must be more than $1000??

Hihi girls...

Ocean, yah lor, I was always wondering why my Mom's nipples looked like that.. now I know that it's 'cos of pregnancy.. *sigh* Plus she has stretchmarks.. aarrrggghhhh....

Evelyn, you solid lah
happy.gif
Actually my friend who requested epidural too late and had to do without it, well, she scratched her husband until he had to be treated for those deep scratches!! heheheheheh...

JayKay, actually I was thinking my timing was a little off too.. if I had conceived one month later, I could stay on in the US for longer with my 'teh pao' husband. Oh well, we're really blessed to have conceived at all so I shouldn't be so silly! Wah, your husband away for 6 months very shiong leh... A lot of guys over here have left their babies behind too and their course is 1 year! One guy wasn't around for his wife's entire 3rd trimester and for the baby's birth, in the end, she suffered from depression. So terok.

BabyD, I think I've spent about US$1000 in total but that's incl clothes up to 3 years old.. hehe..

Piggy, I told hb that we MUST go paktor at baby's first month to keep the sparks going. I do try to give in lah but sometimes all a pregnant woman wants is sleeeeeeeeep
happy.gif

BabyD,
Even though he is a doctor, he expects me to do the counting - I'm a pharmacist by training - so no excuses. But sometimes you forget....so embarrassing. Anyway, I'm fine with him leaving us for 6 months because it's for a very good reason.

Catz,
We actually planned to start 'production' sometime in September this year. If we have stuck to schedule, hubby would have been just in time for baby's birth when he comes back from the 6-month posting overseas. That's why he's so upset. I am thankful that hubby will be with me during pregnancy, otherwise, I will get pre-natal blues!

Last night hubby was listening to my tummy again. He was surprised that ah boy is so strong - nudging his ear. Hubby thought it was me who was pushing. I guess he can appreciate what I am going through now.

JayKay, it's just as well you miscalculated! Imagine going through 2 trimesters of pregnancy without husband!!! At least when your hb is overseas, you'll have your baby for company
happy.gif
Where will he be posted? If it's regional, maybe you can fly to see him?

Ocean &amp; Dolphina,
Time is running out, your better dont delay anymore! Ocean, u dont like that lah! Want to wait after give birth some more? Bua tahan u leh!
Give your a suggestion; Try to think of Chinese name first, then English name. For example; Hubby sir name is Lim, if he prefer second character name as Xiao for BB boy, then u can decide the last name lor! Eg; Lim Xiao Ming, Lim Xiao Hua, Lim Xiao Kang. Checks whether will you like the pronunciation and the meaning of the name after combine with hubby sir name? Hope this can be one of the solutions to solve your problem.

JayKay,
Wow, someone going off to Penang this Friday leh! Morning or night flight? Stay at hotel or relatives hse?

Piggy, JayKay, Ocean, Catz,
No joke man! That time really very painful till need to bite something lor! (my poor darling!) At first I think I can tahan the pain, thats why didnt ask for epidural. When I request for it, too late liow!
I told hubby this time round he must remember wear very thick jacket, just for in case.heheee!
Catz, youre so romantic leh! Paktor so fast? Must learn from u!

BabyD,
I think Ive spent not much, less than S$300. Bcoz a lot of things from hand me down.

hello all,

thanks..feeling better today, jus hope it wun get worse but now really get breathless easily...kekekek

girls,
on lah so we shall have a gathering when catz is back and also before some of you going to pop in dec right...sound exciting

twinkle,
dun worry too much...sometime my bb also lazy, not moving much on some days and make me paranoid but i guess a few movement a day is fine right?

oceans,
u very steady leh, everything also take it so slowly and easily...i dun think i will wait till delivery to decide on a english name lah...

evelyn,
now i headache over english name. for chinese name, will wait for bb to pop then get people to "count" the stroke...heeee
so u still intend to go w/o epidural this time round huh?

jaykay,
wow u must be looking forward to your weekend getaway. have fun!

gtg

Back