(2005/01) Jan 2005 Mom-To-Be

Piggy, haha, ok but fingers and toes gotta be fast k? Best is if you surf Old Navy and Gap first, get an idea of what you want. I get a lots of playclothes from there... and I usually whack when I get minimum 20% off storewide.

Catz,
waaaahh... yah, I want I want. Online shopping suits me cos I can never buy anything when we're out with the kids. I still think leggings would be too hot in S'pore weather, but don't mind trying. My daughter sweats wearing just spaghetti strap top & diaper at home, so you can imagine if she had anything like leggings sticking to her skin, she would probably soak it through.

Hahaha, you girls won't believe it, I bought myself a sewing machine. Hubby asked me what for. I dream of sewing simple dresses for Sherilyn, just like my mother did for me as a child. But the last time I sewed anything was in sec sch! anyway, so far too busy. I unpacked it and read the instructions, but haven't put any thread in yet. With Catz offering to spree for us, I think my project to sew a dress will be put on hold indefinitely!

Reminiscene

3884267.jpg

piggy: aiyo, really bring back those memories. Thanks for posting this photo. And now our kiddos are in school now. So surreal... And an advanced Happy Mothers' Day to all mummies here!

OMGOMGOMG! I'd quite forgotten we'd even had this session!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

babyD, spree is on.. I sms'ed you but I think you've changed your number.

Wow, sewing machine is super domestic goddess lah... I shy away from anything to do with home ec. Wahaha. But good for you! With the prices of clothes these days, erms, not worth the time and effort IMHO unless you're gonna make money from doing Etsy! Lazy girl here!!

We had another gathering at Suntec food court which is now Food Republic, right? And at Tetra's BIL's place in Seletar.. and at Bottle Tree. Where else har?

Yah, that was me @ the same place but on a later date. haha... Got to bring Lucas there to see the spot where I sat.

whoa, that was so long ago, look at all our babies!! Think it was the only gathering I ever made it to?? Cos i can't recall the rest. Aiyoh, I look strange in the picture, definitely not smiling +P

Catz,
Hope I won't be disappointed by my maiden spree experience by the whole US size issue. But yah lah, all of you imagine me to be much thinner than I really am. ;P definitely never wore a size 0 or size 2 in my life.

Tetra, it's a historical place for you
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

BabyD, I wasn't even looking at the camera lor, lagi cham :p

Yes I hope you will like your spree stuff.. although I think you should've gone for a size 6! There's no way you can be bigger than me lorrrrrrr.

Catz,
*sobs* This is probably the fattest I've been (excluding pregnancy and post-preggy recovery). Wish that thyroid problem would just go away. The thought of ballooning into a Chen Liping is horrifying!

Catz,
FB photos not updated lah. My profile pic was taken b4 I had Sherilyn. I know I'm not yet considered fat by any measure, but I really notice my waistline ballooning soon after starting the thyroid medication. I went from losing weight to gaining weight, and then i gained more than I lost lor. But recently maybe stabilize a bit, because I've been super stressed at work. At least my doctor is happy that the meds are working. Going for follow up appt this Fri, hope my blood test will say that my levels are still ok.

So thyroid can be controlled with meds? My MIL has thyroid which is why she is ultra fat and crazily grumpy cos she refuses medication! Siao siao..

Where's everybody?

A lot of chickenpox going around these days.. scary.. need to get our kids to do the booster jab before they kena!

Hi Hi,
Whole family down with a nasty nasty flu. The pain on the head is extremely bad. Linus' fever up and down swinging up every 4hours!! When he coughs, he hold on to his forehead....and gives a excruciating pain look....wahhh...see already so heart pain.
You know, this month I had taken 3courses of antibiotics!! One flu goes and another comes.
This morning, maid told me she's not well too. Will be sending her to the doc. Sigh....

Catz,
Definitely, thyroid can be controlled with meds. Got two types of thyroid, hyperthyroidism (which is what I got) and hypothyroidism. Hyper is overactive thyroid, hypo is underactive thyroid. Symptoms slightly different. Usually hypert. ppl lose weight, hypot. ppl gain weight.

Sherman has gotten chicken pox and Sherilyn has been vaccinated, so I think we're safe. More worried about the HFMD spike.

Piggy,
Heard about the flu going around, think it's a Influenza A strain, quite nasty symptoms. My friend and he kids almost kena hospital. Poor Linus and you. Hope you get well soon.

Hihi Piggy,

That was my family last two weeks. First Timo came down with slight sniffles.. then I crashed badly with bad flu and fever.. then Bethany crashed with high fever. Sian lor.. I already have had 2 courses of powerful antibiotics. And I'm still coughing. Basket.

HFMD and influenza... :p

We're heading to KL early tomorrow morning.. spur of the moment decision.. will be back on Monday. Woots.. makan makan, here we come!

BabyD
I don't know which strain. Just feel so unhuman. Can't even find strength to shower. After I shower, I have to sit down for good 10mins before I have energy to blow dry my hair. Can you imagine how week I am? Linus is still feverish. After taking the meds, we will perspire big time for a couple hours, feel better....and then feel feverish again.. the cycle goes on and on.

Catz,
I had this powerful Avelox and it nearly "killed" me. Wah...vomit, head spin like don't know what...
Enjoy KL.

BabyD, my MIL is the put on weight type.. yet she insists she's THIN.. omg.. fainted. :p Her arms are as big as my thighs lor, and I'm not slim :p :p :p

Piggy, I was on Clarithromycin which failed to knock out my sinus infection.. then switched to Zinnat.. not as bad as Augmentin and Avelox which really make me feel like zombie. Guess you cannot take Avelox, should have asked your GP to switch antibiotics!

I was weak like that twice.. faint all over the place. Once when I was in the UK.. and once in SG. Took 2 weeks MC and when I went back to the office, I nearly fainted just from the effort of getting TO the office. Horrendous... must rest well cos this kind of bug really no joke.

Oh dear, you girls sound like you've been at war with those bugs! I just came down with a phlegmy throat over the weekend, but no fever or cough (yet). Hopefully it won't escalate. We probably all had our share in Jan. Sherman was sick 3 out of 4 weeks then!

BabyD, yes KL was fun! But the kids didn't take well to the dusty environment and I guess aircon didn't help either.. but now that we're back, they're OK! Your Old Navy stuff should arrive around the weekend.. how? I'm still coughing so I don't really feel too good if I meet up with you - would you like me to post it? Or my helper attends SJSM, you want to meet her on Sunday?

Piggy, hope you and Linus are OK now.. can understand how horrible it is to be sick until faint and weak :p

Tetra, where are you?

hellooo... i am here... i still log in here everyday.

Hope you all are well especially those recovering from cough and flu. Is it because of the haze or the flu going around that's causing some of you to fall sick? Over here, the weather has taken a change to cooler temp and it is expected more people will be down with flu here. But overall, the air quality is still better here but not for those with asthma or tendency of having hay fever especially during spring. Apparently due to the terrain of this place (Adelaide is flat and bordered by the hills/ range), the dust and the pollen tends to fly from the outback, over the hills and settle on the flat Adelaide. Dunno how true it is but it was told by my friend's doctor here.

Haven't been cooking a storm yet. As usual, my days are just occupied with the usual domestic and kids routine. oh yah, last week was busy packing the place for the routine house inspection by the agent. Don't want the agent to find cause to increase rent. see so boring stuff...life is simplier & you stress of silly, simple things. Time to review my life for the next few years - was thinking of either pursuing a course or just take up a part-time work hopefully in a field I wish to do. Have to keep reminding myself tt I am not young anymore, my heart want to do so many things but must think of the family needs first and already in mid 30s, not much energy & time left liao.

oh by the way, I am thinking of returning to Spore end of this year. I saw some photos from blanche's photos @ Universal, looks like a fun place. Will definitely check it out when back and I so miss...the Singapore Zoo.

Catz,
No hurry lah. Think it would be nice to meet up when you and Piggy are both well. I also got a bit of a bad throat this week, but no fever or cough, but nothing like what you girls experienced. We're busy next Sat, then going on family holiday to Korea in the last week of May.

Looks like only dates are Sun 15 May in the afternoon. Might actually work if we aim for simple lunch / tea at my place? (Simple lunch means adults eat laksa / mee siam type noodles and kids eat udon / soba noodles) Catz can come after church and Piggy lives quite near me. If cannot, then we try to meet in June.

BabyD & Catz,
Yes, we are feeling much better. Linus has gone back to school today. He missed school since last Monday for more than a week. The teacher was so shocked to see that he lost so much weight.
I hope that he stays well and not catch another bug at school.
15 May seems ok for me. If it's too much trouble, don't have to prepare any food.

Tetra,
When you say returning to Singapore end of this year, you are saying for a visit, correct?
Don't tell me about no energy...I have been feeling so tired. Really heart got energy but body got naught.
You know, able to do boring stuff is a blessing. At least all is well at home for you to perform such menial work.
happy.gif

haha...piggy, you are right. yes, no more meeting other people's deadline i.e. bosses, mgmt, customers, etc. My deadline now is getting Lucas to reach school and fetch him back on time, and dinner ready when hubby reaches home. But cannot continue like that, think only 15% of my brain is functioning. Must get a proper reading lamp so that I can start reading again before I sleep. Now using this illuminated globe, good to see but quite useless when you want to read.

aiyah, envy lah. so good to meet up @ babyd's place. must take photo of all the kids & show it to me, ok?

oh yah, we are coming back for a visit. already on a no-return route liao, at this juncture, it is unlikely tt we will come back for good. sigh...for me, it is laziness and not sleeping early enough, that's why no energy...by the time when all the boys are sleeping, my mind is still so active...so hard to sleep. hmm, maybe you can consider taking some "bu" or tonic to boost energy level.

Tetra, you miss the zoo?! Trust me, now with this awful weather we are having. SO HOT!!!! Aircon alone not enough, need to blast fan as well! Siao siao...

Piggy, glad to know that Linus is well enough to get back to school! Poor guy... Beth is also like a skeleton after her bout of illness..
sad.gif
Timo, same same lah.. :p

BabyD, the date sounds pretty OK for me right now.. that's provided we're all A-OK. Don't wanna be spreading germs around! Thanks for the lovely invite!

Wow, Korea will be fun!

Tetra, actually your life is so shiok right now. No office politics, no bad Singapore weather! So when you come back, we meet up k????

I swear by Brand's Essence... love the taste, dunno if the stuff really works but it's a good excuse to 'bu'.. hehe.

Catz & Piggy,
Ok, we set for next week Sun 16 May then. I'll sms you girls my address. Coming for lunch or tea? What time is good? Lunch@noon? No worries, plan first and confirm next week, to make sure we're all well enuf to meet. =P

Tetra,
Yah, we'll miss you for this one, but when you come back we try to org another one. I also think your life v shiok now. I noticed recently I keep dropping hairs, must be all the stress at work. Haiz.

Heyhey everyone,

BabyD, your Old Navy stuff is here
happy.gif
Will bring it on Sunday 16th May. I'm OK for an earlier lunch? That ok? Cos my two need to get home to nap latest 1.30pm :p

Tetra, YOU WILL BE MISSED!! Sigh... everyone seems to be overseas these days.

Catz & BabyD,
OK. For me, timing is ok, I will plan my appointments after the gathering. Since Catz need to go 1.30pm....what about meet at about 11am? Is it too early?

Next time when I return to Spore for a visit, let's arrange for a meet-up. It will probably in Dec/Jan. Will look forward to hear from you all on your gathering.

aiyo, miss brand's essence...I also love the taste. Got problem or no problem, I also take just for the taste of it.

I know days like these will not last long...yah, it is less stressful and days do pass by fast. Good to have Marcus around to keep my company. In fact, since he was born, he spent more time with my helper. It is only after she left and now with Lucas in school, I can have undivided time with him. Once he starts his school, I really really have to find something to do...otherwise I will be talking to walls, pots, trees and bugs.

But really, being a SAHM without any help can be so very busy. No time to watch my fav tv programmes. I think just standing @ the kitchen, washing dishes & ironing clothes already takes so much time. Can't wait for the boys to start chipping in with the chores.

Catz & Piggy,
Sure, can come at 11am+. We're usually back from church just before 11am. Looks like it will be a short and simple noodle lunch, maybe mee rebus for adults. ;P Soba noodles w seaweed ok for kids? Can I task one of you to tar pau some roast chicken from Cold Storage to supplement? Anything that you or the kids don't eat, any allergies? Piggy coming with hubby? Any helpers?

Hey Catz, just wondering if you could loan us some of Beth's 2 yr old leggings for my Korea trip? Or any 1.5-2 yr old girls jeans that she doesn't wear anymore? Sherilyn only has shorts and dresses cos she's always sweating in SG. It's summer when we go, but MIL is afraid it may get cold on some days/nights. Only if you have spare stuff that Beth doesn't use anymore. If not, it's ok.

Tetra,
No hurry to find work, right? Think the grass is always somewhat greener on the other side. When SAHM, life is simple and routine, so it gets a little boring and you look for some excitement. When FTWM, life is hectic and stressful, sometimes you wish you could just quit and play with kids at home. Both sides got good and bad lah. We are never satisfied, and that's not a bad thing in itself either. =P

BabyD,
Just Linus & myself. HB probably catching up with his sleep. As for helper, not sure yet as my mum may need her. Let you know later. OK, I go ta pau roast chicken from CS. One chicken will do, correct?

Hieeee,

BabyD, unfortunately all Bethany's leggings are her current size cos I only discovered leggings not too long ago! But I do have jeans that I can loan you, let me go and dig
happy.gif

Tetra, I think it's great to be a SAHM... I honestly feel a lot of guilt working part-time but we do need the extra income. Or well, I need the extra income for my spendthrift ways
happy.gif

Looking forward to meeting up.. gotta zap off.. things to do.

Piggy,
Yup, one chicken enough. Thanks!

Catz,
It's ok then, we managed to buy a pair of jeans for her. I'll try and borrow from someone else, don't worry. =)

Hey BabyD, hmmm.. try Fox Kids, they may have leggings which are reasonably priced? Or Cotton On Kids, they definitely have it. Outlets at Anchor Point and United Sq.

Catz,
My friend said she has leggings and can lend me, so no need to buy =) My dd is dripping with sweat and has to bathe 3-4 times even though she just wears sleeveless dresses / tops only. Leggings would just get soaked in 30 min if she wore them in SG.

BabyD, actually leggings are really not sweat-inducing.. take it from a mother of a sweaty girl
happy.gif
Good lah, maybe after you try leggings, you'll be inspired to buy.. I'm sure they'll have plenty in Korea for you to buy!!

Catz,
I'm not convinced leh... the reason why I'm getting the leggings is because my MIL thinks it might get cold in Korea, so it's there as an extra layer to warm up her exposed legs. I personally find leggings extremely warm and sweat inducing, and I don't sweat half as much as Sherilyn. =P

Sherilyn really sweats a lot. After taking a bath, she drinks her milk and by the time she's done, she's got perspiration dripping down her head already! After half an hour, her skin feels sticky, hair all tousled and wet with sweat - she looks like she needs another bath! It even happens on a rainy day or cool evening. My mum is always asking whether she'll catch a chill wearing sleeveless on rainy days. I just roll my eyes and tell her to feel Sherilyn's head, which would be as usual, covered with sweat on an otherwise cool rainy day....

Wow, she sounds like me.. I'm such a sweaty person. I'm even contemplating botoxing my face cos I sweat so profusely!!

Eh I sweat until I look like an utter mess leh.. but I'm all talk only.. when it comes to pain, I tak boleh tahan :p

Hi Piggy,

Thanks for the pix! Could I trouble you to email them to me?
happy.gif
I like how psycho my daughter looks with the foliage :p

Hihi BabyD, thanks to you and Mr BabyD for hosting our motley crue. So pai seh that we left your toy room looking worse than atomic bomb aftermath! But I looooove your house.. super envious of the sheer spaciousness and airiness! Oh and the location.. hehe.
happy.gif

Back