(2005/01) Jan 2005 Mom-To-Be

welcome miao2... glad that the population is increasing... it's my first baby too so totally understand how you feel.
happy.gif

anyway, i have another question for everyone... any one feels uncomfortable wearing your usual wire bra nowadays? I am finding it too painful on the skin and thinking maybe it's time to start shopping for some softer, cotton ones...

Hi all.

Can I join you people as well?
happy.gif

Me tested +ve on 12/5 on CD31. Went to see gynae on 13/5 cos got light bleeding/spotting on 4DPO to 8DPO. Gynae says its implantation bleeding. But that visit too early to see anything. Gynae just gave me folic acid, pressed my stomach to see if there's any pain, presumably to check for ectopic pregnancy. Would be going back this coming Wed... hopefully can see sac by then. Also, took blood test and results showed that I'm about 4-5 weeks preggie based on HGC level...

Hehe, everything is so exciting.

Last 2 nights got insomnia though. was telling hubby that the bubblet (that's what we call it now!!) should be a monkey not rooster what, how come every morning, I'll wake up at 5 am and not be able to get back to sleep!!

hi miao2 & blanche,

congrats and welcome to the thread! yupe i also wake up at pre-dawn almost everyday...thinks its common to have insomia too.

oh i have gone to see my gynae and so happy that i can see the yolk and sac at wk 6..via v-scan coz dr say too early liow so cannot see anything when doing abdominal scan...its so exciting

the dr gave me folic acid and some tablets to ease my nausea if it gets unbearable.

looking forward to my next gynae appt in 2 weeks time!

hi li na, i am interested. can u email me at [email protected]

good morning ... and welcome Blanche!
how was weekend? I didnt eat well... nausea feeling kept me miserable for the most of the weekend. Vomited twice. And other times, i just feel giddy and tired. To think that this will last for about 5 more weeks is quite depressing. My only motivation now is really my gynea appointment next Thursday. Unlike Dolphina, I have not done any scan yet, and thus have not seen my baby till now... cant wait.

morning all!

sun_moon, maybe on ur next gynae appt can ask for some medicine for standby to ease your nausea if its really getting worse.

i really hope i dun need to take the medicine. aiyo last nite din sleep well at all...now so tired and zompie liow.

Hi dolphina,

May I know what medicine your gynae gave to you? never know can get medicine that helps to ease nausa leh..dun have appetide recently, has lost 1.3kg in 10 days..

Hi gals,

I am 6wks pregnant... I also had some spotting and even some bleed stains.... Then my gynae give me an injections and folic acid medicine.. Will be seeing him this friday. And my due date is on 14th jan next year...

Hi all,
I read somewhere that having MS somehow meant that the bb is growing fine. I'm quite worried 'cos I've not threw up a single bit yet. Does that mean that this is not normal? I will only be seeing my gynae the first time next tues.. so can anyone tell me more?

Thank you
talker.gif

hi tan tan,

the name of the medicine is "Metoclopramide" its say for nausea and vomitting.

so far i have tried not to eat them unless really necessary.

hi miao2,

yupe my gynae also say if feeling nausea and vomitting is a good sign bb is growing well but there are also a few lucky ones who dun feel anything thru out their pregnancy. u could be one of those lucky one!

hi yvoyvo,

congrats! wow u already know ur EDD huh. my gynae din say mine leh. only say mine is really early. maybe will tell me at next visit i hope. i did a rough calculation and mine EDD should be 13/1 i think.

Hi sun-moon,

Thanks for the welcome!

So far, I'm ok, not MS or anything. Feels quite normal. Maybe just that the time is not here yet
happy.gif
My last menses was on 13 Apr, so I think at most, I'm at 5 weeks.

Haha... got MS, feel bad. No MS, also a bit worried cos some people sya that MS means that baby is developing well... how contradictory
happy.gif

hi dolphina,

Thanks... so we should give birth around the same time... I am sure whether I am having MS... But on the off, I am feeling a bit of nausea... & I think I do get hungry and tired easily...

hi all..

I am at home resting cos i had some spotting.. Had a big hooha last friday when i went to see gp about it.. gp scared it is ectopic then send me to gynea at eastshore.. gynea did a scan but see nothing cos still too early.. anyway, so now rest at home.. but sometimes get sharp pains on the left and right when i walk too much.. got to take it easy..

my husband is also suggesting maybe i shd call the gynae to get some medicine for my nausea... but i am not sure whether it is okay for the baby or not. So far, today the MS is still quite manageable, but really not much appetite for anything.
Hope everyone is well....try to rest more!
happy.gif

Hi yve,
Do take good care. Try not to walk too much. Rest more. Yeah! Must take it easy...

All, do you have funny feel in the tummy at times - something like a little faint cramping here and there? I do tat's why rather worried. Wonder is this normal...Not seen gynae yet so rather anxious and worried.

Also happy to know the rest of you are okay.
smile.gif

miao2,
Cramping is normal as the uterus is expanding according to my gynea.. as long as it is not extremely painful..

morning all,

yupe in my earlier weeks i do feel some sharp pain on my right abdominal.think it subsided liow now only occasional cramp. my gynae say it could be due to ligaments expanding.

yve, did u do a v-scan? were u given any hormones supplements?

miao, i am feeling better.. but still get spotting.. dunno why leh.. at wits end..

dolphina,
din do v-scan last fri.. this coming fri appt, if cannot see with ab scan then do v-scan lor.. got hormone supplements.. dunno if i will get a jab anot this fri..
sad.gif

yve,

dun worry too much ok. just need more bed rest and dun move about unnecessary. everything should be fine!

are u taking duphaston?

dolphina,
i am taking some med that start with T.. think tourine or something like tat.. changed my appt to tomorrow.. haiz.. see doc very ex.. have not been getting bedrest much.. running around with hubby to buy things for new house.. things happening at bad times..

yve,

i think hor its not advisable to move around too much if spotting occured. maybe u should rest and then do those errands once bb is stable leh... dun take any chance u know...

heee maybe i very KS, hope u dun mind okie!

keep us update after ur appt tomolor ok.. see if u can see anything on the scan..

happy.gif

yve,
There are lots of no-no for early pregnancies as this is so-called the unstable stage so it's better to be xtra careful with the things that we do....esp when you experiencing some spotting now. Let your hubby do the buying and running around lah. He shd understand!

Best regards
happy.gif

Good morning all, how's all new mums today? My hubby took 2 days leave to keep me company on mon and tues. i have been trying to control my MS mentally but sometimes its hard.
Yve, i agree with the rest that you shd try to rest more. Dont strain yourself too much at this stage.

hi gers,
thanks so much for the concern.. pls lah, my hubby dun even know the implication of spotting.. wan to vomit blood...

yvoyvo,
did u get medical leave to rest at home? maybe i will be getting a jab today too to stop the spotting.. but dunno if spotting is due to infection.. suppose to be 5 weeks already, hope to see something by scanning.. then i wun be so worried..

gd morning all!

sun_moon, u r early...so are u back at work today? sometimes i think if we busy with some work the MS thingy seems like will not get as bad. maybe we are distracted by work.

yve, must let ur hubby know more about pregnancy stuff otherwise all the man are very blur one. just went libray to borrow some books to read and i will brief my hubby on it...hahaha must make him more aware leh.

happy.gif

Dolphina,

yeah, i also agree that having something to busy with can distract the attention and ease the MS.
Anyone feels tired while at work and just wish you can be at home sleeping ?

dolphina,
haiyah.. i have pregnancy books lying around.. internet also got so much info.. is a matter of whether he want to find out anot.. he just thinks everything will fall in place nicely for him.. always take things for granted..

sun_moon,

talking about tiredness, i was feeling so tired and sleepy the whole morning! cant wait to go home....

u know wat, on weekend, i can have my brunch and went to sleep till dinner time...aiyo really like a pig now...eat and sleep only.

yve,

take heart, guys are always like that one...bo bian lah. they always think having bb is an easy task...sigh and never understand wat we going thru..

Hi gals,

FYI, no massage if you r pregnant or after giving birth, as it might affect the foetus.

No milk/cheese unless you want to gain weight. As after birth, you will have difficulty regaining your beautiful figure.

Every month you should not gain weight more than 1 pound as by the time you give birth, ur baby should be 7 pounds. And the rest of weight that you gain will remain in your body.

So ladies take note...

Advice by nurse from my gynae clinic.

hi gers,

i am back from gynea.. did a scan and saw the sac.. estimated about 4 weeks and 4 days old.. so now my EDD is 24 Jan 2005.. for spotting, the doc gave me more hormone pills.. i think the spotting is less already too.. next appt is 2 weeks later..
happy.gif

yvoyvo,

i thot we suppose to take more cheese and milk to get more calcium? cna we take those HL milk or not huh?? "Scratch Head"

yve,
congrats .. wow u can see the sac in your 4th week already..very exciting right!

dolphina,

yeah, I am so relieved now.. good exposure for my hubby too..

yvoyvo, i also taking HL milk every day.. tot it is okay cos it is low fat..
happy.gif
i take cheese when i am hungry and want a snack..

btw, i am getting more nausea recently.. should be a good sign uh?

yve,
did your gynae do a v-scan or ab scan? So good. I'm still waiting and waiting for my gynae's appt next tues. Tomw I shld be at my 6wks liao. Sigh....still not know wat's happening inside!!

I had been drinking low fat milk before MS, but now I drink calcium fortified orange juice cos cant stand milk now. I dun take cheese cos i never like them. Trying hard not to gain too much weight too... cos i dun want to get stuck with the extra kilos after birth.
Went to Mothercare and bought a maternity bra today, but stupid me brought a size too big... so now hoping my bust will expand a bit more to fit into it! :p
Tomorrow will be the first day of my 8th week! Yippee.... everyweek is a milestone!

Miao2,

ya the waiting period is torturing hor, but no choice lor still have to wait. really hope bb can grow faster
happy.gif

sun_moon,

how much is the bra? actually wat is the diff betw a maternity bra and normal bra huh? oh btw do u feel the breasts getting more sored? wonder is anything wrong with me or not.

yve,
bb is so small hor on the scan. almost cant spot it until gynae pointed out to us. think nausea will get worse as days passes but then again it shows bb growing well i guess.

miao2, my gynea did an ab scan.. the same that she did last fri.. could not see anything last fri but five days later can see a 13mm sac.. very amazing hor.. dunno wat can be seen 2 weeks later.

dolphina, mine is not that small. Can see the bubble. so she measure the length of it as 13mm and the machine calculated the EDD as 24 Jan 2005.

I also dunno wat is the difference bet normal and maternity bra.. maternity bra has not wire and wider straps for support?

yeah, maternity bra gives more support and has no wire, wide straps. The wire actually hurts when i try to sleep at night... so the non-wire ones are more comfy since brest more sored now. A good bra is impt to support the tissue and ligaments... and will ensure our assets gets back to good shape after birth. I bot mine for abt $40.
Are there anyone contemplating becoming a stay at home mom after birth?

sun_moon,
I wish to be a full time mom but think cannot leh cos of financial commitments.. or at least take long no pay leave, but i also think cannot leh..

I have some figures from my gynea..
From 3rd month onwards checkup package, 500
normal delivery, 700
hospitalisation at eastshore 2 nights double room, 1300
epidural, 500
paediatrician, 200
total 3200
medisave claim, 1050
cash, 2150

yve,

eh, when gynae measure mine, its 0.64cm by 0.6cm at week 5 + .... yours is almost double mine leh.. (did i calculate correctly huh?)

oh no, mine like so small leh

yve,

yours indeed look bigger than mine leh. dr did mention i may ovulated late last cycle. can i know when is your LMP?

ur bb seems like growing very well...

dolphina, my LMP is 9 april, but i ovulated late.. i know cos i used both ovulation test and temperature taking..

wow Yve, your baby is growing fast and well. Did doc gave you the photo in hardcopy or softcopy? i believe i shd be able to see mine next Thurs.... excited!
having a baby will cos me alot of money.... and i think i shd start doing a budget liao. BTW, without a package, how much do you have to pay per gynae visit?

sun_moon, the doc gave me a hardcopy pic, then I scanned it.

There is a sample budget at www.mothercare.com.sg for things to buy, not for the medical bills.

Without package, I am paying 90 per visit. The

Congraduration to u all, i can feel the happiness of u all.
i know it is not easy to have a baby. My hubby and i trying for baby staring in this month... now waiting fo the result (my Ms supposes coming next week 25th) ...
i realy feel very nervourse in this few days.... it is more exciting than waiting for strike toto.
I hope i can join u all on this topic soon.

Regards
Sharon

sharon,

good luck to you and hope to hear good news!

yve,
my last LMP is 8th April. so we are pretty close ya. but how come my little one so small compared to yours since u also ovulated late... "scratch head"... getting worried liow..but i still have to wait till next fri for my gynae appt.

sun_moon,
u should be able to see yours next week liow! agreed that its really costly to have a bb. my first appt cost me $140 leh

Sharon,
be patient and sure hope you can join us soon!

Dolphina, yup...my first gynae also cost me about $160 there about... i think most gynae cost abt the same right? How did you gals go about deciding on the gynae? Reputation? The hospital that they deliver at? Clinic location near house? Gender of the doctor?
I didnt see others, just went to the one my fren recommended... she just had her baby by him... i wonder if i shd go to a few more, just to have a feel. But then again, costly and seems like my doc is quite alright also. confused. :l

sun_moon,

personally i think if i feel comfortable with him then i will stick with him.

i also went to one recommended by others and so far feel ok with him. so i will stick with him i guess.

Back