(2004/06) June/July 2004 Babies

pringles
your girl is real fast ...started crawling already. mine only learn how to turn over to her tummy yesterday. so any snow over at tanglin mall ?

b2b3m4
yah, agree that lamaze bks are nice, got my girl the kitty book n she really like the kitty alot but the bk always end up in her mouth
happy.gif
If u intend to get clothers from Zara, just be careful cos I got a cardigan for my girl and the color runs.

avocado
my pd advise us not to put medicine into the milk cos it alters the taste of milk and they may not want to drink milk subsequently. I feed my girl her medicine using syringe, but hor now i'm trying to give her gripewater using syringe also, she tot is medicine and will cry and scream when she see the syringe.

amie
saw the "pacifier" for feeding medicine at robinson and wanted to try that out ...hopefully she associate pacifier=medicine and wean off her pacifier, hehehe

giggler
I share the same worry, my girl likes the TV too... its my own mum who keep turning on the tv to distract my girl during feeding.

Hi B2B3M4, you can take pix using digital cam and send the passport application via internet.

Hi Viv, the zara cardigan's colour run? It's not cheap rite? So did u tell your mom not to turn on TV while your gal feeds? I can't really tell my mil abt it cos she watches TV almost 24hrs a day. So I can only bring bb to my room once I reach home at nite, if not my bb will be watching TV 24hrs a day too. Sigh........

Hi all mummies, any one intro brown rice to bb liao? My mom just gave brown rice to Vane yday and she likes it too. I think my gal quite 'greedy' one seems to like food a lot.

For mummies whose babies are already on solids, when you bring bb out, do you just feed them milk though at home you will feed solids, if not what and how do you bring out the solids?

wow...this thread is too fast!
Hey, i read abt the flash card thingy...did you moms made them? i'm interested too but dunno how to go abt making it and buying them are juz too costly. U know lah...single income now with 3mouths to feed! so everything also must watch!
Sometimes, i really what can i do with my boy to keep our time occupied. So please give me some advise.
hey, i tend to agree with engineers...hee hee but being a sales man's wife is not that great too...:p he talk too much at work that sometimes they juz wanna to be quite at home :D and for my hubby, so long as there's a sight of a notebook, he'll be on his email ..... well, i can't complain much...since its biz, and more communication means possibility of more biz :D
To sahm...yes, we'recoping well in HK. its been a mth thou. But i truely miss my mon's cooking.....they's juz so tasty....and i pity my hubby for having to put up with my cooking...i'm a idiot in cooking....sigh. need some really ez to follow recipe. anyone of u got the complied recipe mentioned in the other thread? i'm still waiting for it.... eating in HK can be ex, so hopefully i can brush up on my cooking skill...
Its getting cooler here. i think by this weekend, it'll be <20degree alr. in the way, we dun hv to turn on aircon or fan
happy.gif
but our skin are getting really dry. so i've to apply moisturiser a few times a day on my boy's face.
Oh, my boy was born on 16/6. weighing 8.9kg now. length at 69cm. so, my arms are very strong considering lots of walking in HK. very tiring....haha

sweetpooh, there's so much things to do in HK!! Bn there almost every yr to SHOP/EAT/SHOP/EAT.... except last yr n this yr - cos preg - now got bb so cut back on travelling!! You wont be bored there mah - but of course since jus shifted there.

as for the flash cards - some mummies in this threads are using A4 paper DIY style - maybe you can try.

qsg, currently my 5mth old boy still taking dumex rice cereal - so for outing still quite ez/similar like preparing FM. Pour n Shake. But as he progress later on to brown rice/porridge...i've intend to get a hot flask cook/pack and bring out.

sahm, ur boy to young to understand sharing concept, moreover with a stranger rite?? but is he able to share his toys with his sis??? now i really worried abt jerald's character since u mentioned - he all alone - dun wan him to grow up into a self centered person. (or maybe i think too far)?

B2B3M4,
we applied online through the APPLES website. It's $10 cheaper and takes only 3 working days. Had a hard time taking the photo though... took so many until we were exhausted!

sahm,
I'm the conservative type... dun dare to buy shares... hehehe..

Haven't gone to NTUC yet! Still have 3 packs of pampers Premium at home leh!

Lyn,
BBcenter pointed out 1 v gd pt, ie, nvr predict/judge a kid's character based on his behaviour at bb's/toddler stage. BBs or toddlers need time to develop their character with the help of our moulding/coaching/disciplining.

Outright frm toddler, they r all almost the same. Dun know how to share, THEY r the SOLE thing in the universal; they r testing out their weight too.....my boy is at the stage of saying 'No NO NO, DUn want ....blah' n we always trick him with 'so u dun want ur nei nei too?'
happy.gif
...but he noramlly is fast enuf to respond 'nei nei' n rushes off to kitchen where the milk powder is.

V interesting lah....bb into toddlerhood....no jerald already have gigi, later crawl, later walk, later sure call PAPA 1st (mama last...norm), then alot alot more. V interesting!

Me just hoping the stage of my boy asking WHY WHY WHY dun come so soon....bo eng to answer so m uch Y Y Y!! hahahahhah

Many mummies N I Agree on 1 things. Last time when we r single or no kids yet, we wonder y some kids r so noti n how come the parents dun know how to teach. NOW WE UNDERSTAND n in their shoes liao.................

Sweetpooh,
Wow...ur boy sure is big!!R u going to be in HK for long r just short term?

Cooking....think in cold weather, home cooking is the warmest to our heart n stomach. ANything edible n not too yucky shd be fine!
happy.gif

QSG,
I tend to time chun chun to finish feeding the solid food then we go out. If not, i just make milk n add 1 scoop of rice ceareal (not too many as scared choking) into the milk bottle as a meal for him outside.

Punggol Plaza is selling the bumbo at 79.90. Uob selling at 75? Dun know which place am I going dn to buy.........

Lyn, Mom_Mom
The next gathering @ Nat's plc in the central on 18.12.2004

sahm
y u threw away gripe water??
your friend so nice lend u flashcards
Your ah boi v obident, easy to teach
do u need to self collect bumbo if purchase fm uob?

Giggler
Me sama sama dun buy toys 4 chen chen. his toys r shower party gift or hands me dwn
No la i only bf in the car. Chen Chen v funni, once he wz sick, I saw him so ker lian, I bf him in the car, now whenever we get into the car, he will position his mouth on my left nipple n asks 4 milk milk

B2B3M4
U know wat, my mum mistaken Ashley for her darling Chen Chen fm the bb gathering photos taken @ your plc
Did u try applying bm on Ashley's scalp? It works on Chen Chen
Time flies our bb reaching 6mth n on solid soon. Seems like yesterday when we talked abt our pregnancy

jul,
ya lor....dun know how to grow rich also. Dun dare venture into property, prudent in shares...so bank acc nvr seems to grow!!!!

counting down ur aust trip? v shiok to travel...now with kids, dun know can still say the same thing. Think our maiden family trip, also wanna lug my sis/PIL along!
happy.gif

U enjoy ah......takes lots of foto to share too! Turban Ian head too.......

Giggler

my aunt is gonna get me brown rice and hv it grinded at Little India market....u made brown rice with milk for Vane? Gd she likes it. I'm gonna try soon.

WAh...nowadays bb shit is getting more and more smelly after starting on semi-solids....argghh

B2B3M4 and SAHM

The clothes frm the shop "Bundle of Joy" at Tanglin mall range frm $10 - $59.90...maybe there are also more exp ones but once u step into the shop, i tell u u won't be able to resist getting one for your gal. It happened to me....u can't find these dresses everywhere....at least not in neighbourhood area...they are not branded but very classic...very pretty and sweet...they cater more for bb gals than boys...i'd rather get these than branded clothes..

Viv,

no snow at Tanglin mall
happy.gif
But nice place to browse around for bb stuff.

Mummies,

was talking to my part time helper abt how long they bfeed in their country....she told me her first one she bfed until 2 years old!!!!! After that....VERY difficult to wean off....the son so smart that he even lift her shirt up to demand for BM! Her son would refuse FM or anything else....in the end, she had to put something bitter on her breast so that he finds the taste wierd and also had to let someone else take care of him everyday for a few weeks b4 he finally could wean off BM. They look to the breast for security more than for food! It really drained her physically and emotionally. Her second child, she decided only to bfeed for 8 mths. Now Alicia is only 6 mths and its already tough enuf for me to wean her..i tend to bfeed her b4 she sleeps..thats why if she doesnt suckle....she can't fall asleep easily....i had to carry and rock her for awhile b4 she falls asleep....hv to let her cry quite a bit but what to do...gotta be firm....better now than later...thats why i feel im quite happy to stop bfeeding by 6 mths or so....i won't do it for close to a year....emotionally difficult....

Viv,
I specifically told my MIL not to feed Aelwen in front of the TV. I tried to get her attention by having the TV on while feeding. End up she didn't swallon, just 'keep' the food in her mouth. After turning off the TV, she diligently finish her food in a short while.

QSG,
We usually only bring bb out after lunch or after she gets her cereal in the late morning. While out, I just give her fm. But I've seen my friend bring warm water with flash then pour and mix w cereal to feed bb while out.

Shook,
Your Chen Chen very intelligent...knows where and when is feeding time
happy.gif
Think Aelwen is getting tired of my breast liao. Everytime I try to latch her on, 5mins later, she will turn away and then don't want already. Will even cry if I try to put my breast near her mouth. Anyway going to stop bfg 2 weeks later.

I don't have Nat's address, can you forward me?

sahm - ya lor - think i too gan cheong!!! too early to tell hor (silly me!!)

shook, tot nat's plc in the west?? anyway - better what till she pm us her add.

mummies, when to uob to check out the dumbo - so crowded!! all mummies were so bz turning n tossing the stuff/clothings...etc!! yep saw the dumbo liao - very tempted to buy.

Hi QSG, I still give bb bm when I'm out cos it's the easiest.

Hi sweetspooh, wow your boi also on the heavywt end hor? I made the flashcards myself. I bought the cards with a few gals that I knew from this forum. Quite enjoyable flashing cards to my gal cos she's always smiling when I do it.

Hi lyn, I just intro brown rice to Vane and she likes it.
happy.gif
So you going to get hot flask? Knew from the other thread that there's a Tiger fair at Isetan.

Hi sahm, hahaha.. You're rite man. I used to wonder why some parents don't know how to teach their kids when they cried a lot. Now I understand. Heehee. You getting the bumbo seat?

Hi shook, so you only bf in the car now. I quite daring nowadays, sometimes I just bf Vane in the restaurant. Hahaha so chen chen thought your car is the nursing room liao.

Hi pringles, I got those ready-made brown rice from NTUC. I got the moon rabbit brand as recommended by some gals in this forum. Vane still doesn't shit much but she farts a lot. And her poisonous gas is really smelly. I scared that Vane will be addicted to my breasts leh but on the other hand, I can't bear to let go leh.

lyn, which month then we should start porridge? Was thinking its kinda troublesome to bring so many things when we go out especially without hubby to help carry things.

sahm,i read that not suppose to give cow's milk to bb before 1 year old so is it okay to give those cereal that is already mixed with cow's milk?

regarding bumbo, depending where you stay, if nearer to punggol then might as well get it there than travel all the way to raffles place. I went all the way from jurong west to carrefour to buy then 3 weeks later realised raffles place so much cheaper
sad.gif
btw, any idea if we can use a grinder (those Munchkin type) to make fruit purees also...was thinking of getting grinder or food processor but food processor more ex.

Mummies,
tok later....v hungry after scrubbing toilets/mopped flr....going to golden shoe to eat the lor mee (still open?) n check things out at oub center.

Shook, QSG, lyn, Giggler, Pringles....tok later ah....tata.....

hi sahm, we'll be staying here for a couple of years.... as for my boy, he's tall,. dats y look bigger also lor. both weight &amp; height in the >90% base on the growth chart

lyn, ya, there's simple so much to do here in HK...but not when there's a young baby. besides, changing diapers in HK shopping area is not that clean...so limited lor.... and its not v child friendly here....lots of walking and climbing....and not forgetting, air is not as clean here as compared to singapore
sad.gif
but other than that, its alright lor.

Giggle, than wat are the pictures/words did u paste on the flash card? any pix to show :p

Pringles, y stop bfg soon? thot its best to continue so till 1yr min? since you're alr half was thru the mark alr.
anyway, for me, only at night he needs to br feed to sleep...in the day time, when he's tired and no hungry, he can juz sleep by himself. intend to feed him for as long as possible....told my hubby - if i can contribute to the household, i'll help in save on FM :D

Hi QSG, I gave Vane dumex plain rice cereal that contain cow's milk leh. Didn't realise that it's not advisable to give cow's milk before one year old. I intend to give my gal porridge when she turns 6mths.

Hi sahm, did you find the bumbo seat at OUB centre? I'm quite interested too leh.

Hi sweetspooh, I wrote on the flashcards myself. Words that my bb may get in contact with, eg mummy, daddy, etc. Also, I paste dots on it to teach bb numbers from 1 - 100. Sorry I got no pic to show leh. Part of the reason I want to bf as long as possible is cos fm too ex liao. heehee.......

Giggler, which month did you start giving Vane cereals? Did you start on your own or PD said okay to start?

Just realised during lunch just now that tarlington(a shop that sell bb stuff) at clifford centre also got sell bumbo but dunno how much.

Hi QSG, I started giving Vane rice cereals when she abt 5.5mths. Didn't ask PD leh, I just give her cos she seems to be very interested in our food.

sahm, the dumbo is $75. u taking ur 2 kids with u to raffles plc?!?!? warning - avoid lunch/after work hrs hor - v.crowded one. or shall i get it for you since i'm working here?

giggler, u mean all isetan is hving sale??? or which isetan specifically?? i v.tempted to get one since i love to bring jerald out..... (u know my bad shopping habits dun you) - till now still eyeing on dumbo but hvnt buy
sad.gif
anyway definately getting this hot flask cos hubby supported me to buy. he say its one of the necessities - so he'll buy.

qsg, my boi currently only 5mth so i duno when he can start porridge - all depend on my mum cos she the main caretaker...will ask her tonite (but really dare not proach the subject cos she v.anxious type to feed solid - anyway try try lor) when jerald coming end of 3mth/beginning of 4mth she quickly intro cereal liao - i cant oppose her - but managed to bargain not to let jerald start so soon on brown rice - so it's like a give-take thing.

as for the hotflask - no harm buying when it's on sale rite??? esp it's tiger brand - u know how much such things when there's NO discount - like the dumbo rite?

sweetpooh - i'm not sure abt the HK side - but kowloon is really not bb friendly (personal opinion) when i go i oways hang out at the shopping ctr @ Prince Edward East Rd (got big bus interchange over there, connect to a hotel oso) and Mongkok area. the roads r bumpy/alleys r dark n wet - hv to be v.careful esp u bring ur boi out.

but the shops selling bb stuff/clothings really nice over there - you must really brush up ur bargain skills to get gd deal!!

o, now weather cold - really to bring extra clothings for boi boi oso.

hi giggle, where did u pple got the empty flash card? how much and how many for 1 set? and for the DIY maths, is there a standard pattern to paste the dots?

lyn, ya, those big shopping mall have a cleaner place but limited. But those places are also expensive place...so we only go there to walk walk. Yes, Mongkok had lots of good deals. juz went to Fa Yuen street market and got 9pcs of clothes for him and it only cost S$40! unbelievable. and they are very good quality. Branded but cut label.... haha, wonder what in singapore can we buy for S$40 :p Unbelieveable, when we were there last week, my boi poo-poo...guess wat, we changed him in one of the shop's changing room :D
I think we should hv enough think clothes to for my boy in preparation for the winter. but me and hubby only had 1 each :D thats so much of having a baby around. everything also baby first....we as parent, talk abt it later :D

Pringles
Think it depends on individual. I attended a forum there is a PD who breast fed her (3 or 4) children n all her children automatically wean off @ 1yr + tho she preferred to bf longer. My cousin's friend's bb wean off automatically when she is pregnant. But my cousin's son 2yr+ still bf tho my cousin is pregnant.

Mom_mom
As bb grows older they suckle v efficiently. They get distracted easily too. Aelwen either wanna wean off your boobs or suckle efficiently or gets distracted. Y u wanna stop bf Aelwen in 2 wks time?
Nat din gime her address. I think she proposed the date, may b confirm later. She is v v busy now as her pt maid has gone back to China. Her PIL (both sick) r staying wif her.

Lyn
Nat stays in Depot Rd, central but near West rite
U r v familiar wif HK

Giggler
Chen Chen usually cries b4 latching (impatient to wait for me to get ready) sometimes cries mid of latching (either choked or needs burping). Tis catches attention. I dare not bf in the public. Ya boi, tis little rascal thot car is a nursing rm. Guess he enjoys the aircon n warmth fm mummy n comfort of being carried n enjoyment of his food, 4 in 1
Chen Chen poo everyday for 3 days. 2 day he told my mum ngh ngh b4 he poos. My mum doesn't belive him since he pooed day b4 yesdy once twice yesdy. In the n, he tar bulek tar hang pooed in the diaper.
Chen Chen breakwind v v often n it is v v smelly. My mum blamed on the fish I eat
Chen Chen wz v excited n attentive when I showed him flashcards initially now not so attentive liao. How often u show Van flashcards, for how long n wat is the interval u change the flashcards u show her?

sweetpooh
I intend to feed my boi till he wanna wean off my boobs too
I hv the dots n words to use for flashcard. Wat's your email address?

sahm,
tks for asking abt me. me sick, down w flu. bo bian still hav to take care of ashrel as hubby busy w work cant take leave. body aching badly, tough tough. i wore surgical mask but ashrel tink i alien. he smiles widely af i took off the mask. today i m much beta liao.

b2b3m4,
ashrel oso has v v little hair but can c his hair is growing af i diligently apply olive oil n massage his scalp as his scalp is dry n sensitive (wonder whether it helps in hair growth).

val,
ashrel oso finds his daddy, his best playmate.

foreverfriend,
me stay west n quite often brg ashrel to changi airport. stay at hm v bored so wkend we will go out. alwy go shopping oso v sian.

mummies,
so many posts on diaper. ashrel big n tall. mamy poko m size like getting too small liao. pamper premium m size is ok for him. if not becos he has so sensitve skin, i dun mind trying the diff brands.

sweetpooh, $40 for 9pcs!!!! cant wait to go over for shopping liao!!! i was once so crazy abt shopping i went over 2x a year!! in S'pore $40 can only get u max i think 3pcs - decent one
sad.gif

shook, dun 4get my pre-marriage day - me super shopping queen!!! my record is spending $300 in 5mins @ 5different shops in Orchard Rd!! anyway that was many years ago liao - now i dun spend this kind of $$ - either i save up or spend it on Jerald!! Yah I've bn to HK as many times as I hv bn to BBK. Love the services/food there. Further more, no lang barrier compare to BBK. Can take bus/mrt n travel whole day - no prob.

mummies, jus came back frm mum's plc - normaly dun post so late - i really v.sad. JERALD HD A FALL JUS NOW!! FURTHER MORE IT'S FRM HUBBY'S ARM!! NOT FRM BED/COT...ETC...ME SO HEARTACHE I OSO CRY!! (silly rite) He was seated on the floor held bb up and swing him as usual but Jerald got so excited that he start laughing/figeting and the next moment he was leading fwd n thus fall head 1st onto the floor (OMG!!!) i was too stun to do anything!! V.headache to c him crying 2 rolls of warm tears - stupid mummy oso stand there n cry - in the end grandma hug him tight n sayang him
sad.gif
now his forehead can c a 20cent "bao" a bit reddish oso
sad.gif
hope he ok 2moro.....LEARN OUR LESSON - NO MORE SWING SWING ON ARM AGAIN!!! NITE NITE MUMMIES.

Sanrio,
Tough....sick n if whole body sng still gonna look after Ashrel. U really gonna grab every chance to rest n drink lots of water! So cute n sweet to flash his smile at u when u removed the mask....best remedy! U take care!

Giggler,
I bot the bumbo liao. Surprisingly the salesgirl told me lime green n BLUE is most popular colour. Lime green no more stock. Blue is rather nice but for girl n my hse's colour, I chose yellow.

Tried on elyse just now. I was able to prepare her bath water, boil water n filled up the flask. She was playing with her toes while sitting there......got2 make the money worth!

Always think if it is my 1st bb, I will invest in this bumbo, since 2nd 1 can still sit. But I kinda convinced myself that if i were to look after 2 fulltime myself, I might need this bumbo as well. IM my hb.....he is convinced n said go ahead
happy.gif

Lyn,
Tks for offering ur help. I reached there ard 4...off peak liao. Hawker stalls mostly closed too.......customer service at OUB sucks! Reading mag upfront n showing faces of displeasure to help.....

QSG,
Me quite fine with both location....my place quite centralized. Tks for the info, great deal. I have not given any cow's milk to my kids yet...not even fresh milk to my coming 2yrs old boi.

Tarlington, pls dun sell cheaper than $75.52
happy.gif

Food processor more ex but I would prefer to invest in this cos more different usage? But I hardly puree or grind anything for my boy since young! I only steam, mash it till v soft, then feed!

Sweetpooh,
wow, 90% percentile.....my girl only 25% percentile! So u will be sahm for that few years in HK? U n hb very courageous to go there alone with ur bb..........

Skyblue,
Packing my diaper bag n found 1 S dryper there. Oh mine, cutting is so small. No wonder ur boy kena redness! Compared to the M size n it is exactly the height of the bear apart (bear bear pattern on the diaper). Bad mama me, die die squeeze my 5mth old girl to wear now...changing her to pampers later at 11+
happy.gif
....dun waste!

Shook,
Chen chen is so cute...programming himself to auto-mount onto ur breast once in the car!!! bbs/Kids, nvr underestimate them!

My kids dun like the gripe water...so after mths, i just threw away. Dun like to feed them any extra things.......

Bumbo at oub, pay n carry away.......

Pringles,
Yes, once bbs on solid food, the output is stingy n will worsen as they grow older.....hahahaha, we always remark 'ren siow siow, ta bien so smelly!!!!'

Now i hesistate, shd i get into the shop u mentioned. I am those cant resist type....must buy if I like. My storerm has got at least 4sets of new bedlinen not opened yet!!!

Talking abt grinding brown rice.....my mum used to go tekka to grind that for me too....that's y I ended up so tough n big! Tks to my sailor dad too.....he travelled widely n brought back international milk powder/cheese (in ball form) for me.........ended up I am this size but belly strong!
happy.gif

Brown rice is v gd n nutritious!

Amie,
Saw the pacifier medication aids liao. If u nvr mentioned, I will nvr notice n keep a look out!
happy.gif
...sua ku me

BTW, JUS BOUGHT FITTI FRM SHING SHIONG $17.80 CHEAP OR NOT AH???

BTW, LUCKY THING HUBBY NOT STANDING - OTHERWISE THE INPACT SO BIG ON HIS LITTLE FRAGILE HEAD - CANT IMAGINE ....THAT....TOO SCARY....TONITE SURE NITMARE FOR BOTH MUMMY N BOI BOI!!!
sad.gif
such a bad scare tonite
sad.gif

Lyn,
Dun be sad......beat beat hb, soh soh Jerald n everything is fine. Sim tia but knocks n falls are inevitable for kids. mosquitoes/insect bites too.....
happy.gif

My boy also been a superman, toppled over frm the sofa's arm to the flr....at ard 8~9mth!.

Just learn our lesson n be more careful! BBs/kids are tougher than we expected. Alot of time they cry even louder becos we are hoo-ha over their fall, stay calm n they will get over it v fast. But do really be v careful, Jerald is still a little too young.....Gdnite!

Shook/Giggler,
TML i am going to a flashcard user/maker sharing corner by shichida mummies. Me just blur blur follow friend there. She urges me to go look see. Me neither keen or enthusiatic abt it but will still keep open mind.....

sahm,
Yeah, i tried M size dryper. Seems that it's a better fit for my boi. But I think I'll open up the Pampers s size n hurry up use it b4 it really gets too small. I 'sim tiang' if dun use it.

lyn, how is jerald's sleep last nite? Hope he is fine.

sahm, did u buy anything else from the mini baby fair?

My bb Dana when sitted in bumbo kept trying to touch her toes and these few days when lying down, she start sucking her toes, tried to stop her but she persisted, dunno what to do, she started with fingers which is still okay now toes.

Any bbies here suck their toes also?

hi all mummies
can anyone recommend bb car seat? i wanted to get cosi maxi during John little sale at expo but thought of checking out other brands like britex... then realise britex has too many models, donno how to choose. is cosi maxi good better than britex? anyone can advise? thanks!

hi giggler
guess what, yesterday i brought my bb for 6th mth assessment, the nurse said he is overweight! 9.3kg++! she asked me to feed less milk to my bb and let him drink plain water in between.

hi
heard u mummies mentioned about bumbo, what is that??? I surfed and checked, it said it is an infant seat and it looks like a potty to me or is it a potty plus infant seat???

thanks!

shook,
can u email me the words for the flashcards please? Thanks!

Good that Chen Chen poos so frequently. Ian only poos once in 3 or 4 days now... hope the Perth trip won't disrupt everything again.

sanrio,
good to hear that u are recovering! Can bring Ashrel swimming soon!

hi lyn...
aiyoh... so sad to know jerald had a fall.... hope he's ok nw... sayang him and shower him wif kisses okie?
happy.gif

sahm...
edi loves gripe water... for dunno wat reason... he can recognise the cup we always feed him for gripe water.. and he gets v excited whenever he sees the cup.
wow.. so many mummies bgt the bumbo... issit reali dat good? and how long can it last? as in can fit bb until how old? cos it looks a bit small to me... and i think when they start to crawl, they wldnt wanna be confined in the bumbo anymore?

sanrio...
take care...flu bug going ard... i got it few days ago, went to see doc immed so dat wldnt get worse... hmm... mayb shld eat some multi-vits to build up immunity....
edi oso likes to play wif daddy the most... laughs the loudest whenever daddy sings and dances for him... i dun get dat kind of reaction when i play wif him.

mummies...
yeah... me bgt the MP fr ntuc on thur already. seems like a good buy! there were 4 extra pieces in each pack somemore... will prob go back to get one or 2 more packs.

Soyabean.. the bumbo..mostly will last till baby is about 9mth..coz by then their cubby legs will be less chubby and most are able to stand up so can get out of the seat .. tried it at my friends house ..most of those 10mth old bbs can get out within 5 min..coz the bumbo doesn't have any restrains.

QSG, my baby sucks her toes too. When she is in her pram, it looks very 'sam-seng'
lol.gif
. So unladylike. Actually she sucks on everything she can get her hands on. The other day, I saw her sucking on my house slippers
uhoh.gif
uhoh.gif
!!!!! Also if she doesn't want to sleep, she'll pull all the mosquito net into her crib and chew on it too. The whole mosquito net almost fell on her
uhoh.gif
!!

sahm, ya lor - tot he fell frm hubby's arm he still act like nothing happended - and told me not to fuss also - BUT THIS JERALD'S 1ST FALL LEH - i oso panic mah - now learn my lesson - be calm n get over asap lor.

btw, u got anything @ the fair y'day?? tld hubby abt the GREATLY REDUCED PRICE for the dumbo but he said it's still to expensive - and he agreed with ruffy_happy - bb will probably outgrown it in another 6mths time...so his ultimate decision is DUN BOTHER - HE'LL NOT BUY
sad.gif

qsg, called my mum 1st thing in morning. Jerald was ok last nite - the "bao" also reduced liao. tks.

jo, the dumbo is jus a seat not a potty - it's say to help develop gd sitting posture for bb.

soyabean, yah he's ok now - he fell while playing on his daddy's arm - it happened so quickly i oso didnt c how he fell (bab mummy). will be more carefull nex time.

sahm,
so u finally got the bumbo n at a gd price right. mus take pic, they look like a 'big boss' in it, so cute hoh. ashrel plays w his toes while on bumbo too. i drk lots of water n wen he nap, i nap. now much beta liao.
i keen to let ashrel try brown rice wen he turns 5.5mth. u mean i grind the brown rice to powder then cook w water, for how long n wat consistency ah? tks
happy.gif

oh ya, u remb my b'day is in dec, so touched...

pringles,
u put alicia front facing on the carrier when go shopping? will she fall asleep in it? ashrel alwy doze off while on carrier (face inwards), i wori if face out, if he wan to slp, will fuss.

skyblue,
pampers premium cutting is quite big compared to some other brands like mamy poko n pet pet.

lyn,
jerald will b fine af much sai yang sai yang. like wat sahm said, bb are quite tough. jus need to b more careful next tx.

soyabean,
i dun give gripe water. paed said if dun need, dun give.

mummies,
is gathering on 18 dec at nat's place confirmed?
managed to capture a foto of ashrel smiling in his sleep, keke..mus b tinking of mummy.
225853.jpg
225854.jpg

hi lyn, hope your boi's better now....use cooked eye to roll on it...should subside faster...
oh, my email is [email protected]. thanks in advance.
sahm, well, for survival sake, we juz have to make that move. singapore market is juz too small....at least here in HK, there's china market. Hopefully we're hearing God correctly :p
Oh, my boy's tall cos he has a tall mommy...dat explains :D and yes, perhaps total breastmilk contrinutes too :p
Yes, will be a sahm for the time being.

hi jo, u mean 9.3kg is overweight? i told my Pd in singapore abt my boi's weight gain, she mentioned that she won't be surprise to see my boi at 12kg when he reached 1yr old..... well, will wait till his 6mth to see of he is anywhere near 9.3kg....

oh, heard abt u gals comparing diaper price....i'm lucky enough over here in HK. Nepia is all over in HK supermart. and its abt HK155 for 2 packs of 60pcs each...dats abt 28cts/pcs
Still remember when i was in singapore, i could not get my hands on Nepia at all.....

Priviledged, my bb also chews on her blanket until so wet...is sucking and chewing signs of teething? She drools alot also.

Sahm, the grinded brown rice can keep how long? must keep in fridge? Dun have to wash the brown rice before grinding?

Priviledged,
Same same Aelwen also sucks anything she can grab. When she's in her pram she will put both her legs on the barrier in front...like so shiok in that position. Very unlady-like too
happy.gif

Lyn,
Sayang Sayang jerald. Bb take falls very easy one....they will cry cry for a while then forget. It's us who are always very kanjong.

Instead of buying the bumbo we bought oen of those traditional Mom-baby sit....those made from bamboo which we sit in when we were young. Although only pay $25 but still felt very exp cos it was so cheap last time.

sanrio,
Glad that u're recovering from flu. I got it 2 wks ago n developed a cough thereafter which until now, haven totally gone away. Now got bb, we jus can't afford to be sick. Take care. Oh, Pampers Premium cutting bigger? Then I'll definitely open tis pack of pampers so that it's not wasted. Anyway, jus bought 3 packs of M size Mamy Poko from NTUC. Find that I'm more n more like ah soh. Kekeke...

As for the Bumbo, i'm also contemplating whether wanna but or not. Scare buy oredi, bb won't want to sit inside after a while, then waste $$$.

Hi Lyn, wow, bumbo really expensive. Like mon_mon, maybe I should also buy baby bamboo seat.

Hi sweetpooh, what is your bb weight now?

Hi skyblue, sanrio is right, mamy poko's cutting is smaller than Premium Pampers. I think Mamypoko L size is only slightly bigger than Premum Pampers M size. my bb so fat, Mamypoko L size is just nice for him now but I guess he may outgrow it soon.

Sanrio

hehee....Ashrel looks very cute in the photo...maybe dreaming that he had endless milk supply frm mummy!
happy.gif
Wow, its gd he can allow u to put him facing inwards on the carrier...Alicia refuses to be placed facing inwards..only can place her looking outwards.....she falls asleep when very tired but not in noisy shopping centres with loud music.U delivered at KKH right? Just went there yesterday to visit a friend....didn't know they have such a big shopping area now...so many bb stuff inclusive of Mothercare!

Tmw my hubby and I leaving Alicia for first time with my aunt while we go catch The Incredibles....hope Alicia will not cry too bad...this is the first time we go somewhere without her..i'm already feeling apprehensive
sad.gif

Lyn

oh dear....is Jerald better now? Poor boy....many many hugs frm me too....It teaches my hubby to be more careful too. Nowadays, Alicia is progressing rapidly....she is crawling forward very fast already....on the floor also cannot leave her alone anymore even if I put many pillows as barriers....she can climb over the pillows like as tho they were mountains...sigh....

Mummies,

btw, those of u whose bb sleep in cots, are they able to pull themselves against the railing to standing position yet? Can they be left to play in the cot for some time or after a while....they feel confined and wanna get out? I'm considering whether the cot is a safer/better option than bb sleeping on mattress on floor since I didn't buy cot for Alicia.

pringles, where does Alicia sleep now? Good for u that u are taking time out with hubby... I haven't left Ian with anyone before ... hubby and I have practically no couple time now... so sad...

I delivered in KKH too.. bot a lot of stuff from Mothercare during all the antenatal visits and delivery time!

I usually carry Ian facing inwards in the carrier... never tried carrying him facing out.. will definitely do that in Perth. Then he can see more things.

mon, I also bot the $25 bsmboo chair! He stays in it just long enough for hubby and I to eat dinner/lunch. We entertain him with his teethers... hehehe..
Here's a picture of Ian in the chair.

225962.jpg

jul,mon_mon, wow the bamboo chair look like an alternative ans to the expensive dumbo!!

sweetpooh, the nepia in HK so cheap!! I only buy pampers, mamy poko when they are on offer. Prev hubby stock the whole storerooms with so much Pampers!!! so i've no need to get diapers for sometime. But really tempt to try out other brands oso. Nepia is good (tried out their sample) but too expensive.

pringles, alicia can climb over the pillows!!! I used a lot of pillow cushion when i leave him alone on my bed so i can prepare milk, go toilet...etc, now after knowing that alicia can actually climb them over so easily - i think i better put him in his cot next tx. Otherwise if .... (touchwood) ME GOT TO B CAREFUL!!!

BTW, managed to get jerald's gigi on pix. will resize and post asap.

Yah,
Actually i agree with Jul, not necessary to get our bb bumbo when they can keep their neck upright. Ashley too like to sit on her high chair when we have dinner. Same as Jul, we juz stuff her pillows here n there to keep her more balance.

Pringles,
Ashley can't pull herse;f up the railings yet but she can pop up her head above the railings. N she's grabbing onto the top of the railings already. Gonna put her bed lower now, not going to take any chances.

Jul

Ian looks very cute!!
happy.gif
First 4 mths, Alicia slept with me on the King size bed....after that, we transferred her onto a large mattress on the floor in her own room next door...one morning, i found her under the super single bed in her room..she was on all fours! Now i pile lots of pillows around her when she sleeps...so far still ok....but dunno how long this can last...we didn't get cot initially coz i felt it'll become a white elephant after some time....still don't wanna get one but someone's offering me a second hand.

B2B3M4

Can Ashley be left in her cot to play even when she wakes up in the morning? Does she demand to get picked up frm the cot?

Mummies,

Sigh....ive been lacking sleep lately.....Alicia wakes up a few times in the nite and i hv to go check her out.....doesn't seem like hunger....maybe just want to suck for comfort....yet day time i just simply can't sleep.....so tempted to take tranquilizers....my dark eye rings are getting more prominent!!
sad.gif

Lyn

ya....just keep an eye on Jerald....these bbs progress so fast!!!

Back