1 year birthday Celebration

hi jenny,

ya..i know wat u mean liao..haha..like last time those old fashion cake taste right??

i think i will get the butter cream as i may cut the cake after the buffet lunch. btw, SO increase their price? im shock that their cake is more expensive then PG...mine cost abt 150..

tempura76,
Yes yes, those old fashion cake taste. I tried many places, only like the bakery at my mum place and SO one. The rest got weird taste.
All along their price is more ex than PG. But I feel is worth the price for the design they did. Really a lot of hardwork. I've a chance watching the bakers doing a twinklebell theme cake when I was there ordering.

thanks jenny! i shall update when i've got the cake and also the taste!
happy.gif

Hi Jenny,

Need to check with you on Eatzi catering. I have 43adults + 6 kids. What is the no. of pax to order, going by your experience with them? I was advised by eatzi that their serving size is 1.2X per pax.

marble,
You refer to Eatzi Gourmet right? Cos Eatzi catering is another catering leh.

Which menu you are taking? I took the $15++ per pax for the international buffet, the one with laksa.
If I remember correctly, I order 70 or 75 pax for 90 paxs (include kids). Guests still tabao home the balance. (Cos I have some guests need to attend wedding dinner then, so I didn't cater too much then.)

I took a guide as 3 kids = 1 adult.

You also need to take into consideration if there's big eaters in yr guest list. + your cake and some add on food?

The cold dish aka appetizer portion is not huge. But not every1 eats. Anyway appetizer is not meant to eat a lot right?

If your guests are average eater, I think 38 pax should be just nice. If like what they mentioned, 1.2x per pax, if you take 3 kids = 1 adult, then you will have abt 45pax. Using their guideline, 45 pax / 1.2 = 37.5pax.
Perhaps you can cater some for tabao, if so I think 35 pax (depends on eater, risk just nice portion), 38 pax should be on a safe zone, 40 will have left over.

Hihi,

Anyone can recommend what flavours of the cake I shld get from Smiling Orchid? I heard that their blueberry filling is nice but worry that it may be too sweet. Anyone has tried?

Jenny, yes I mean Eatzi Gourment from Jack's place.

Wow your analysis is very detailed. In this case I think 38 should be ok. We have cakes, some glutinous rice and ang ku kway to go along too..

anyone knows how much and where to fill the balloons I bought from birthday express with helium?
sad.gif

My sis say she saw at parkway , it's $5 per balloon!
sad.gif
that's too expensive. I remember seeing here that it's $1 per balloon. Anyone knows? hehe thanks!

Hi all,

Just to share. There is a party shop at People Park centre (the one where alot of tour agencies is located) and they are selling some nice parties supplies that look like those from US (disney princess,mickey club hse, pooh bear, strawsberry shortcake, etc). The shop is at a corner beside a coffee shop. Happy shopping!
happy.gif

hi celine,

one of the shop moved from Concourse to Tekka Mall 5th level sell the helium tank..went on tues but they left the medium size tank which is about 60plus..
happy.gif

missy (demellor) :May I know where is heartlink tgd located? hehe I stay in sengkang!
happy.gif

tempura76 (tempura76) : Nice cake and agar agar ... I bet my 3 yrs old boy would love to have something like this too!
happy.gif
hehe

florence: my boy was very excited about the toys rather then eating the cake!! and keep calling Bob..Bob..(bob the builder, too long for him) hahaha! We realy enjoyed yday. Friends and relatives commented the cake is nice and not too sweet, i ordered a 2.5kg and its all gone! not a single piece left! i took the filling with blueberry, nice!
happy.gif

tempura76 (tempura76) : where did you get ur cake? hehe my cake , will be from PG , two layer cake coz it will be for my gal and boy , their bday is 1 day apart , so celebrate together. hehe theme would be pooh and thomas ...

It's in sept and I am all excited already. silly mummy!
happy.gif

Florence: i got it from Smiling Orchid
happy.gif
have u design the cake alreadi? haha, can start to plan soon..esp if u need to get figurines to put on ur cake..remember to show me the pictures ya!

tempura76 (tempura76) : yup , had start plannning le . the cake decors also buy le .. hehe !
happy.gif
I will post here to share when it's over. but still long lar... in sept!

hi tempura76,

yes yes, my gal ADORES cars
happy.gif
..hehe, so got this racing car cake for her.

This is a chocolate and vanilla sponge with blueberry filling fresh cream cake
happy.gif

lego mum,

something different! normaly gal gal loves sweet stuff
happy.gif

i had mine done with buttercream with chocolate sponge and blueberry filling..nice right?

tempura76,

ya lor, i have to commend on their efforts in making this cake more "girly". Cos normally racing car cakes are more boyish.

The sponge cake taste is nice, wasn't too sweet.

Yr bulldozer cake is very nice leh!! I thot it was a job well done
happy.gif

wow lego... share here and not at our thread lah! unfrenly! *stalker* hahahah :p

but really looks nice.
happy.gif

Hi!
Am new to this thread here...

Hi Pipijo,
Do you have the contact number to the party shop u mentioned in People's Park centre 'cos afraid i'll lose this thread? R they open on weekends? Can PM me? thanks!

Hi missy (demellor),
May I know where is heartlink tgd located? Can PM me 'cos afraid will lose this thread? thanks. I also stay in SK area. N also found out about the $5 charge for pumping big foil balloon. So am looking for cheaper alternatives.

hi florence & ichigo07,

actually i'm nt sure where is the location as this is given to me by my friend. u may like to contact the person-in-charge to check @ 62974939.
happy.gif

Hi mummies

any1 noe where I can get strawberry shortcake figurines to be put on the cake? Need it for my ger's 1st birthday this mth. Or anyone wanna sell mi theirs?

Thks!

tulip
i saw a gift shop at tg pagar xchange selling small figurines of strawberry shortcake, abt 6-8pcs i think for $20. you can go check it out.
happy.gif

lego_mum & tempura76,
both cakes are so nice!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

btw, can share how big is the cake & how much you pay for it?

hi jas,

yes, cos its alreadi included in the cost..they have toys and the figurines displayed at their bakery..if not, u can also provide them your own.
happy.gif

hi patrina,

yes, they provide only those normal type.
i've got a candle for 2yrs old...bought and forgot to use! im letting go, just send me a return envelope with postage.

Back