(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Im showering everyday with herbal water. Today finally washed my hair after 5 days!! Feels soooo good. My CL quite modern la, says cleanliness is more important hehe.

Abit worried for my boy cos seems like his jaundice worsening. Hopefully next wk checkup everything will be ok.

My LO has to stay in hospital for 2 more days previously because of jaundice. Then we finally brought him home and few days later, his jaundice came back as well.

PD advises me to bring baby for sunbathe, every morning at approx 8am and every evening at approx 5pm. I have been diligently doing so. I will expose my LO frontal body and sunbathe him for approx 5 mins.

Next week i got review, hopefully by then, he will recover completely cos he's turning 2 weeks next week

Mummies, during feeding, does your baby feed several times per feed? Or your LO is able to finish their feed one whole shot? Sometimes it takes me near 2 hours to complete a feeding. My LO will feed and pause and feed and poo and feed and pee etc. Ding dong until I super shagged.

Hi @amyyeo , my hubby stayed, the single room packAge includes breakfast. If wan full 3 meals den top up, if not jus pay for hubby stay which includes the bf. i only stayed 1 night, n gotten free upgrade to premier single..

Hi my baby turning one month in 2 days time. On formula milk. Anyone experienced baby spitting up milk even after burping? Mine on and off spits but earlier on spitted quite alot so I was quite worried.
Hi, my bb also the same. She now 1 month 7 days. Also on FM. She will spitted out a lot of milk. I just wonder izzit becos of her stomach got a lot of wind...

Mine is at 80-90ml per feed. He's only one week old. How old is your baby? Wah, 200ml, that's a lot!
my baby is almost full month le, 3 days to go. I give him these for more than 3-4 hours, coz I thought he full already, then put on bed, still looking for hungry cues then cry. haishh.....

my baby is almost full month le, 3 days to go. I give him these for more than 3-4 hours, coz I thought he full already, then put on bed, still looking for hungry cues then cry. haishh.....

Same. My son never stops. Just when I thought he is full and place him on the bed, he started opening his mouth and cry again....

Mine now day 9, still 1/2 drop.. hope it drols fast so easier to bathe.. now has to maintain dry..

My nipple is supper sore now.. if bb suck i feel super pain worse than pumping..
@isenggirl, I have experienced sore nipple oso. Then see LC, she clear my blocked ducts and teach me the correct latching. Perhaps you can also check if you have blocked ducts that caused ur sore nipple or incorrect latching.

Hi, my bb also the same. She now 1 month 7 days. Also on FM. She will spitted out a lot of milk. I just wonder izzit becos of her stomach got a lot of wind...
Ya I wonder too. But my CL very confidently said not wind cos if got wind tummy will look bloated and feel hard. I used a new brand of milk bottle (munchkin latch)so now I am switching back to previous bottles(tommee yippee) and monitor. So scary and upset to see him spit up especially with crying and crankiness.

By the way what formula is your bb drinking? And how often does she spit up?

Mummies, during feeding, does your baby feed several times per feed? Or your LO is able to finish their feed one whole shot? Sometimes it takes me near 2 hours to complete a feeding. My LO will feed and pause and feed and poo and feed and pee etc. Ding dong until I super shagged.

For me whether i latch or bottle feed, bb can drink many times within an hour leh. Now use fast flow teat, can finish 130ml straight, den 45mins again wan to latch.

@furbee, yeah.... he suckle, burp, eye watching around, crying then suckle again then cry then suckles again. No sleep leehh.... that's why i am v tired.

High chance mayb still hungry? Or havent feel full for first feed, den by time latch finish wan to 补偿 his 2nd feed liao.. Lol. Xin ku ni leh... Really mummies are d best!!

@isenggirl, I have experienced sore nipple oso. Then see LC, she clear my blocked ducts and teach me the correct latching. Perhaps you can also check if you have blocked ducts that caused ur sore nipple or incorrect latching.
@mylilsheep... how the LC clear your block ducts? Can share? Does she massage or she poke with needle? Very curious. How is blocked duct like? Wanna know if I hv them too.

For me whether i latch or bottle feed, bb can drink many times within an hour leh. Now use fast flow teat, can finish 130ml straight, den 45mins again wan to latch.

High chance mayb still hungry? Or havent feel full for first feed, den by time latch finish wan to 补偿 his 2nd feed liao.. Lol. Xin ku ni leh... Really mummies are d best!!
@furbee.. what is fast flow teat?

My LO can finish her feed one whole shot. She is a strong sucker even on day 1. But my nephew (1 mth old now) was also slow until he is 2 weeks old. took him 2hrs to complete a feeding too.. but now he is okay..

Thinking abt it.. my bb seems impatient when latching on my breast.. sometimes she sucks but sometimes she turns my breast away.. i m using avent and medela bottle but she can suck medela teats better without any leakage.. but I think she is having nipple confusion thats why turn me away at times :(

My bb woke up once or twice each night. I think I'm one of the more fortunate one that bb sleeps thru the night except wake up for milk. After that, he sleeps again. I'm the one eyes big big pick up phone and start scrolling.. wahaa

Me too!

Feel so helpess wen bb cries so much..since 8pm till now he dun wan to slp.. So cranky, making me cranky too...
Mummies what do u do with bb when they r awake?? Arrrggghhh duno how else to entertain bb ...

@Vinka , does ur bm leak at the bottom wen u pump using ur S9+? I using with the breast massager n leaks milk at the bottom.. Is it normal? 2nd day using d pump..

Feel so helpess wen bb cries so much..since 8pm till now he dun wan to slp.. So cranky, making me cranky too...
Mummies what do u do with bb when they r awake?? Arrrggghhh duno how else to entertain bb ...

@Vinka , does ur bm leak at the bottom wen u pump using ur S9+? I using with the breast massager n leaks milk at the bottom.. Is it normal? 2nd day using d pump..
@furbee... relax.. I know its kinda frustrating at times when you don't hv enough sleep. Keep cool. Jiayou...

Wah. That's lile near 6 hours awake. Is that his longest? Usually, for newborns, if within first few weeks, esp initially, they at most awake 2-3 hours max. Unless your baby is going through growth spurt, which makes them more cranky and hungry

Have u tried to apply some comfort balm on his tummy? Thats one of the thing I do if everything else seems okay. (Eg: not hungry, no poo, no pee, no vomit, no fever, etc)..

Max 3hrs.. Within 24hr time frame... *panda*

@jjmom , i use the teat with at lesst 3 holes..bb drinks faster, but sometime leaks

U only sleep 3hrs a day?? Aiyo too little!! Rest more rest more…

Now i got CL still very xin fu, she takes care of nite feeds and I only auto wake up once to pump. (Like now) I can still nap once in the afternoon. This is a much more relaxing confinement for me cos trust this CL more and not so stressed up over bf or why bb cries. Lol.

Thinking abt it.. my bb seems impatient when latching on my breast.. sometimes she sucks but sometimes she turns my breast away.. i m using avent and medela bottle but she can suck medela teats better without any leakage.. but I think she is having nipple confusion thats why turn me away at times :(

Mine too. Just now he was hungry and latched one side quite well. Fell asleep after suckling awhile so switched breast to wake him. Then cannot latch well already, keep pushing nipple out, i guess cos flow is too slow and he is impatient to work hard for his milk :( struggled for more than an hr till I give up and fed frm bottle. Haizzz…

Mine too. Just now he was hungry and latched one side quite well. Fell asleep after suckling awhile so switched breast to wake him. Then cannot latch well already, keep pushing nipple out, i guess cos flow is too slow and he is impatient to work hard for his milk :( struggled for more than an hr till I give up and fed frm bottle. Haizzz…
Yalor.. My gal same! So I dun latch her when she's already fuss for milk. Sure both of us frustrated de. Unless when I'm abt time to pump and see her still looking for snack, then I latch her. She comfort n satisfy, I happy oso, haha..

Wah. That's lile near 6 hours awake. Is that his longest? Usually, for newborns, if within first few weeks, esp initially, they at most awake 2-3 hours max. Unless your baby is going through growth spurt, which makes them more cranky and hungry

Now jus 1mth +2-3days so i guess might b growth spurt too... Hopefully will change n kick the bad habit of being awake sooo long!

Have u tried to apply some comfort balm on his tummy? Thats one of the thing I do if everything else seems okay. (Eg: not hungry, no poo, no pee, no vomit, no fever, etc)..

For bb any idea whats the temp for fever? I heard is different from adult. But i honestly nv once took bb temp since discharge from hosp leh... How often to check bb temp btw?

@isenggirl medelA freestyle v mafan, if remove battery, wait 1min den insert back, den charge 24hr uninterupted. Best to pump with the adapter if ur home. My motor weak alr, cant express much milk. Den i bot the spectra to try...end up using it as main...hehe

U only sleep 3hrs a day?? Aiyo too little!! Rest more rest more…

Now i got CL still very xin fu, she takes care of nite feeds and I only auto wake up once to pump. (Like now) I can still nap once in the afternoon. This is a much more relaxing confinement for me cos trust this CL more and not so stressed up over bf or why bb cries. Lol.

Ya i aso tink v v lil, makes me feel more 'pek chek' ... But with the elder ones lagi no chAnce nap in afternoon either... Hopefully bb more guai let me rest at night lor..

@furbee, I asked nurse during my hosp stay, bb temp 36.5deg is fine. 36 and below is abit too cold. Fever is 38 and above.

Ah.. i dunno that freestyle has a weak motor function. Hmm okay I will try to use adapter at home then. Do I need to remove battery when using adapter?

Btw, those who sunbathe bb under e morning sun, when shall we stop?

@isenggirl dun need remove batt, if not wen u wan bring out need recharge.
U mean sun for jaundice? 5min front 5mins back.. Den when go for the jaundice check, once doc say level in safe range dont need go back check den can stop the sunning.

@isenggirl dun need remove batt, if not wen u wan bring out need recharge.
U mean sun for jaundice? 5min front 5mins back.. Den when go for the jaundice check, once doc say level in safe range dont need go back check den can stop the sunning.

@furbee Okay! I have been using my battery for pumping both at home or outside, probably if battery weak just buy replacement then.

Actually PD said her jaundice is okay, slightly above but not too high, no need treatment.. but I was thinking there is vitamin D from sunbathing hehe..

@furbee, I asked nurse during my hosp stay, bb temp 36.5deg is fine. 36 and below is abit too cold. Fever is 38 and above.

Ah.. i dunno that freestyle has a weak motor function. Hmm okay I will try to use adapter at home then. Do I need to remove battery when using adapter?

Btw, those who sunbathe bb under e morning sun, when shall we stop?

I'm doing sunbathing for my son. 8am sun and 5pm sun. Around 5 mins with his front body exposed and diapers on. Same as you, mine is only slightly high.

@furbee Okay! I have been using my battery for pumping both at home or outside, probably if battery weak just buy replacement then.

Actually PD said her jaundice is okay, slightly above but not too high, no need treatment.. but I was thinking there is vitamin D from sunbathing hehe..

A new battery cost $120! I replaced mine, but i think is the motor after 1yr will weaken.. But it overall is a gd pump!

Yah he looks like in growth spurt stage now. Everytime looks like hungry never full. But sometimes he is cranky even when I feed him. Really dunno why he like dat.

@mylilsheep... how the LC clear your block ducts? Can share? Does she massage or she poke with needle? Very curious. How is blocked duct like? Wanna know if I hv them too.
@jjmom, LC only massage my breast circular motion and express my milk out make sure there is no blocked. Quite painful when she do the massage. If you have white nipple and your baby cannot help you to suck, then perhaps LC will poke with needle. But last time when I have white nipple LC also do massage first then hand express, see the white nipple pore there was milk coming out, then the rest let my baby to suck out. LC told me to do different bf position also, so my bb can suck that area better.

@furbee, same with me. Sometime baby cranky start from early evening then up till midnight. Too tired already to entertain him. I just give him formula milk, though I know I have milk, but lazy to give him coz he also some kinda of refusing my breast. haishhh...... Why don't you try to bottle feed ur baby?

Hey mummies, remember u guys were talking about the sudden gush of blood. Today I'm day 8 postpartum. At around 5am while I was pumping halfway, I experienced huge gush of blood n blood clots that couldn't stop. The clots were huge and definitely abnormal. I was about to pass out due to large amount of blood loss. My hubby called for the ambulance and I'm now warded for observation. They did transvaginal scan n ultrascan for me n put me on antibiotics drip. There were possibilities that I had remaining membranes of tissues left inside my womb or that I have uterus infections. Thus I was given two options either too go for op to flush out remains of tissues if there's any or monitor for a day to see if bleeding subsides. I chose the latter. Past few days my lochia flow wasn't much and in fact quite light and I thought I was healing well though I read that people usually have lochia bleeding for weeks but might strangely became so little only after a few days. So mummies out dear if u experience such light flow of lochia in just week one do be caution. I think this episode really freaks me out and I was thinking so much in the ambulance, worried about my bb back at hm. Luckily I have my mum n CL to look after him. But I just thought that the whole pregnancy journey has been so tough even till I delivered that it really traumatized me to even think of having a second one.

Anyone has tutu skirt to let go? Am taking my maternity photoshoot next week but dunno where to find tutu skirt. Can Let me know where to get it?

@Skivewalker , my friend has the op str8 after delivery cos of the tissues that didnt come out.
Hopefully after monitoring and ur blood subsides, best is dun need to go thru another ops.. Thats v scary. Yes, by right 1st week lochia shld b quite alot. Even if got lump, the blood gush out wont be ALOT.. Luckily u went to hosp to get it check and are in observation.. U take gd care and rest well... Since ur mum n CL tk care of bb, take this chance to recuperate. Kip u in my prayers too..

@furbee, same with me. Sometime baby cranky start from early evening then up till midnight. Too tired already to entertain him. I just give him formula milk, though I know I have milk, but lazy to give him coz he also some kinda of refusing my breast. haishhh...... Why don't you try to bottle feed ur baby?

I also try bottlefeed after latching if still cranky, but he just wan ppl to craddle him n not put him down.. V v v tiring...
The only time bb refuse to latch is when he wants to poo x.x ... So hard to kip bb awake during the day, arrgghhh.. Seems like bb purposely torture mummy

Anyone has tutu skirt to let go? Am taking my maternity photoshoot next week but dunno where to find tutu skirt. Can Let me know where to get it?

U mean mother tutu skirt? Maybe u can post under the buy/sell/free forum see if anyone has any to let go? I remember this year got a grp of mummies took photoshoot with tutu skirt, but i forget is it Jan/Mar/Apr mummies

Mummies, my bb right eyes keep having sticky discharge since ytd.Is this something I should worry abt?

Is it slight yellow discharge? Den sticky bb eye cant open? Doc say jus use the round cotton ball with some water to wipe. For my bb it happened on both eye when his jaundice was high. It disappeared jus a day or 2 before his jaundice level went down.. If bb eyes isit red, n no signs of infection shld b alright. If ur worried can go pd to get it checked.

U mean mother tutu skirt? Maybe u can post under the buy/sell/free forum see if anyone has any to let go? I remember this year got a grp of mummies took photoshoot with tutu skirt, but i forget is it Jan/Mar/Apr mummies
Yea mother tutu skirt.

@Skivewalker , my friend has the op str8 after delivery cos of the tissues that didnt come out.
Hopefully after monitoring and ur blood subsides, best is dun need to go thru another ops.. Thats v scary. Yes, by right 1st week lochia shld b quite alot. Even if got lump, the blood gush out wont be ALOT.. Luckily u went to hosp to get it check and are in observation.. U take gd care and rest well... Since ur mum n CL tk care of bb, take this chance to recuperate. Kip u in my prayers too..
Thanks @furbee. Ya best not to go through another op especially when I thought I was just about to recover from my stitching, today the docs has to digged n scan and examined. Sigh.....

Is it slight yellow discharge? Den sticky bb eye cant open? Doc say jus use the round cotton ball with some water to wipe. For my bb it happened on both eye when his jaundice was high. It disappeared jus a day or 2 before his jaundice level went down.. If bb eyes isit red, n no signs of infection shld b alright. If ur worried can go pd to get it checked.
Ya.. Yellowish sticky discharge. After clean, keep coming back. Eyes is not red tho. Worrying it might be infection?

Ya I wonder too. But my CL very confidently said not wind cos if got wind tummy will look bloated and feel hard. I used a new brand of milk bottle (munchkin latch)so now I am switching back to previous bottles(tommee yippee) and monitor. So scary and upset to see him spit up especially with crying and crankiness.

By the way what formula is your bb drinking? And how often does she spit up?
Hi bublelovebubly
My gal drink Similac total comfort. Is recommend by pd. Normally will spit out 5 times a day... initially i using pigeon milk bottles. But now i am trying Dr Brown milk bottle... hope its work on her.

Back