(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

whats the difference between panorama and harmony?

What test does panorama include? I never heard of panorama too..

Hi ladies, I just went for review yest @7w and gyn is advising to start thinking abt Oscar vs Panorama in 4 wks time. Anyone has experience/comments to share for each test?
Was informed that Panorama is 99% accurate while Oscar is 90% but much cheaper like $300 vs $1.4k (and possibly rising cost).

Never heard of panoroma too.
I bought my maternity office and casual attire from ASOS. free shipping to sg. :)

I'm still getting brown discharge tho I'm taking duphaston twice a day already. Failed terribly to wean my 10mo off breastfeeding and I guess that poses some pressure/risk to the little one inside :(
Fatigue is 10 times worse than #1. Boohoohoo...

@~sanyu~, if you are not particular maybe can try 2nd hand sites like carousel or even SMH WTB? I bought some maternity pants at Carousel.

As for Panorama test, I have seen that brochure from my gynae clinic. But the cost, am not sure. How much your gyn quote for Panaroma test?

Googled and found this :
http://www.panoramatest.com/

Panorama is a DNA screening test that can tell you important information about your pregnancy. You can find out if your baby is at risk for having Down syndrome or other chromosomal abnormalities. Panorama can also tell you the gender of your baby. Non-invasive and highly accurate, Panorama has the lowest false positive rate of any prenatal screening test for the commonly screened chromosomal abnormalities, trisomies 21, 18 and 13. And, Panorama can be done as early as nine weeks into your pregnancy using a simple blood draw.

where did you order the maternity shorts? I bought pants online from old navy

I just bought a few pieces to try from JumpEatCry but the options are kinda limited, only managed to get some shorts and a pants for work. The search shall continue but also hesitant to spend so much on maternity clothes that will last for a year at most and maybe for #2, #3.

so far, i have gathered some info abt Panorama and Oscar.. do correct me if any is inaccurate
- both detect chances of Down Syndrome
- Panorama is a DNA test (only blood sample required) while Oscar involves u/s + blood
- Panorama tests for Trisomy 21, 18 and 13 while Oscar only detect Trisomy 21 (as far as i have read)
- Panorama can be performed as early as 9 wks while Oscar is usu from 11 to 14 wks.
- Oscar tests factor in age of mothers so the older you are, there's higher chance for the test result to be of higher risk while Panorama only look at DNA.
- Detection rate is 99% for Panorama but only up to 90% for Oscar
- Panorama can identify gender of fetus at early stage (optional)

I was told that if Oscar detects high risk, may still opt for Panorama for more detailed tests and confirmation so as to delay Amniocentesis which is invasive and holds risk of miscarriage during the procedure.

Was quoted $1.4K (as of Sat) for Panorama as it's still under patent and test results will be analyzed in the US hence the results will take longer than Oscar, possibly up to 2 wks.

i seem to have my mood changed very fast. one moment can be happy, another moment can be sad for such a small reason. is anyone experiencing mood swings during 1st trimester? Are there any ways to prevent mood swings?

@~sanyu~, maybe you can try Oscar first? but all depends on the age of mother when taking this type of test right? There are few test i guess, Oscar, Harmony, Panorama... I see the brochures until i blur...

@tanying, hv u consult your gyn? Please do asap. I hope you are doing ok. Hugs!

Hi everyone, my EDD is 5th Dec 2015! 2nd time mummy here. I joined the Nov grp as well just like mummy @evangelinegabrielle , as if I csect it will be end of Nov.. Anyway, I've joined the fb grp already.. Thanks for adding me mummy Jacqueline.

@~sanyu~ @happymok Jumpeatcry stuffs are all frm Taobao... Quality wise for the price they are selling it's abit hard to swallow. Since all made in China.

Calval my Edd is 1-8dec and will be going for csec too. So I shld end up in nov most likely as well.
Mama ya, yes i hav seen my gynae and prescribed duphaston and advised to stop bf.
As for maternity wear, I buy my load fr asos! And actually for now till maybe mid of 2nd tri, u dun really need one and can jus make do w ur loose fitting baby doll dresses, maxi etc

Dear all, I am excited and expecting my 1st baby! :) Have not seen a gynae yet, but tested positive last thurs, should be week 5 now!
Does any one has any female gynae to recommend? Hoping to deliver at Mt A. Any comments on Goh Seng Li or Tracey Lim? Thanks! :)

anybody pregnant before while taking exams? my final paper is mid nov n m so worried that it will affect the baby or studies.

anybody pregnant before while taking exams? my final paper is mid nov n m so worried that it will affect the baby or studies.
Same here. I have papers at mid nov. So not sure if I should take up the modules... My hubby is against me taking up many modules and want me to rest more...

Same here. I have papers at mid nov. So not sure if I should take up the modules... My hubby is against me taking up many modules and want me to rest more...

when is ur edd ee09? i will be on my final lap next semester with last paper mid nov and it will be my strategy paper of 3hrs.. i told my gp when i confirmed my pregnancy that day, she say see how it goes...

I am doing a diploma now. Ends in December. So far so good. Hope I can finish it before I am due.

Morning Mommies to be !! im new to this thread!!

tested positive on 14 Apr and again with clear blue digital with 3 week + sign on 17 Apr. Other than slightly sore breast and lower back ache,nothing much. But my cramps are quite constant... especially when i'm hungry...and once i eat, the cramps will be gone. is it normal? because this is my first pregnancy, im rather paranoid....no feeling scare bb no more, pain also scare bb no more :(

have made appt to see Dr Tho Chin Keong (delivers at Mt A and has clinics at Jurong East and Mt E Novena) on 27 apr... hopefully everything is ok *keeping fingers crossed*

anyone knows how to solve constipation..........im someone who needs to do the deed everyday.... nowadays don't even have the feeling...

Fellow mummies, just want to see if anyone has the same problem like me..

I get giddy and very hungry every morning but when i smell food I just don't feel like eating anymore.

When I eat, I find it hard to swallow the cooked food (noodles, rice, etc) but have a love for fast food..

Drank milk for the calcium but will have diarrhoea immediately after that...

Running out of ideas on what to eat for baby to grow healthily and at the same time have to buy food after work for my No. 01 and myself..

Any ideas to help the eating part? Don't want to keep taking fast food..

Hi all Dec mommies to be

Congratulations to all! I tested positive last Sat and this is my first baby.
Currently I am staying overseas so have been feeling quite emotional these two weeks.
Anxious, worried and feel quite alone in the day. Sometimes very tired but still have to make myself go cook healthy food on my own.Miss my mom's cooking =(
And I keep worrying about where to deliver and where to do my confinement...

Can the experienced moms here advise me how frequent are these gyane checkups throughout pregnancy?
I have found a gynae in the country I am staying but plan to deliver back in Singapore. I have also made appointment with my SG gynae Dr KT Tan KKH when I go back for a visit end May. But i doubt I will keep flying back to SG to have my checkups with her.

Also what does your gynae prescribe on the first visit? Mine just did urine test to confirm my pregnancy(not even blood test), folic acid, some anti vomit pills and some carbon pills coz I had light diarrhea last week. Do I need to take any more extra vitamins? My consultation plus medicine fees here on first visit was less than SGD70 in a pte hospital but when I called KKH was told my gynae's fees are $118 onwards...faintz...How about you ladies? What kind of charges are you all paying?

Really glad to find this forum so at least I dont feel so homesick =)

hi Mummies-to-be, how are u feeling? I had diarhea this morning..maybe i ate sthg wrong yesterday... ;(

hope you are feeling better mama_ya... keep yourself hydrated, 100plus/isotonic drinks will help replenish minerals. Otherwise, carbon pills is safe also to absorb toxins.

@~sanyu~ , thank you ! currently drinking ribena (self made) lolx. cos 100 plus to me is gassy drinks. hehe

@DesperateMummyWannabe, i stayed jurong west. but i have seen Dr Tho back in 2009 and seek help / treatment to conceive my nr #1 (now my son 3yo). Currently I'm having my nr#2. Hopefully this bb is strong and healthy, as I m/c end Jan this year.

@happy21, how do gyn rule out its etopic preg? Any symptoms to look for?

I kept biscuits, sweets & small plastic bags in my bag, office & my house. Biscuits I bought Sultana (Khong Guan).

Gyn yesterday measured my beanie, and mentioned based on the measurement, its about 3 1/2 weeks. But didnt give EDD yet. He says only next week / next 2 weeks then can see if beanie is inside womb or outside womb. I try hard not to worry, but the feeling worrysome is always there.

Hi @mama_ya, nt to worries so much.. as no bleed or pain. Will be fine. That time my gynae also say dono is inside womb anot. Jus think positive u seeing ur fetus soon :) mayb urs still early.. cant see. But u r lucky to see beanie at ur 3weeks. For mine. I see in only 5 weeks.. nt only to see whether inside womb anot to worry for another few weeks.. later gyna will tell u.. need to check for heartbeat. Everything will be fine for u. Do update us ur beanie is healthy soon :)

when is ur edd ee09? i will be on my final lap next semester with last paper mid nov and it will be my strategy paper of 3hrs.. i told my gp when i confirmed my pregnancy that day, she say see how it goes...

end nov to early dec. I dont want to give up on my studies as I worked hard on it and had good gpa so far...

Hi all Dec mommies to be

Congratulations to all! I tested positive last Sat and this is my first baby.
Currently I am staying overseas so have been feeling quite emotional these two weeks.
Anxious, worried and feel quite alone in the day. Sometimes very tired but still have to make myself go cook healthy food on my own.Miss my mom's cooking =(
And I keep worrying about where to deliver and where to do my confinement...

Can the experienced moms here advise me how frequent are these gyane checkups throughout pregnancy?
I have found a gynae in the country I am staying but plan to deliver back in Singapore. I have also made appointment with my SG gynae Dr KT Tan KKH when I go back for a visit end May. But i doubt I will keep flying back to SG to have my checkups with her.

Also what does your gynae prescribe on the first visit? Mine just did urine test to confirm my pregnancy(not even blood test), folic acid, some anti vomit pills and some carbon pills coz I had light diarrhea last week. Do I need to take any more extra vitamins? My consultation plus medicine fees here on first visit was less than SGD70 in a pte hospital but when I called KKH was told my gynae's fees are $118 onwards...faintz...How about you ladies? What kind of charges are you all paying?

Really glad to find this forum so at least I dont feel so homesick =)

Which country are u in now?

Anyone has Gynae with good stitching skill to recommend? Review on dr Claudine tan is good but she's away in Dec do can't choose her alrdy.

Anyone has Gynae with good stitching skill to recommend? Review on dr Claudine tan is good but she's away in Dec do can't choose her alrdy.

Dr Yvonne Chan (Thomson Medical). Her stitching was quite good and I didn't experience much pain (except for the piles I had) a day after delivery

Dear all, I am excited and expecting my 1st baby! :) Have not seen a gynae yet, but tested positive last thurs, should be week 5 now!
Does any one has any female gynae to recommend? Hoping to deliver at Mt A. Any comments on Goh Seng Li or Tracey Lim? Thanks! :)

Congrats and take care.
Dr Goh was my gynae last time, gentle n meticulous, fast n decisive in her actions during delivery. Her staff are friendly and helpful too.

Hello ladies! How are u all doing? Just went for my check up today, sac is growing and beanie sprouting! Based on CRL, it is 4mm and shows 6w1d.. But cannot see heartbeat yet.. But based on LMP calculations I should be 7wks.. Can I say I ovulated late? Cos my "timings" weren't so off for my previous 2...

So far so good, no MS and better appetite still! My next checkup is next week.. Hopefully can detect heartbeat :( the anticipation to next week is drilling me!

Hi ladies
jus wondering if this is considered positive?
One of the lines is very faint n im kinda nervous abt it. i hvt told my hub about it as I dont want to give him false hopes in case its not +ve. :)

20150422_073237.jpg

Thanks ladies! I really hope so. Been trying for no 2 but no luck.
Going to get another test kit after work. Hopefully the lines will be clearer then. :D

Anyone seeing Dr Kenneth Lee from Mount A? Can advise on the charges for oscar, consultation and package? TIA.

Back