(2014/05) May 2014

http://www.fivestarsandamoon.com/pregnant-who-cares-a-social-experiment/

I experienced this too :mad:

those kind souls are usually singaprean aunties who give up their seats for me. Otherz jus stare at their hp or pretend i m invisible. Met a prc guy who have the cheek to ask his wife to give up her seat for me while his butt stayed glued to the chair. In the end none of them stood up. Another was a pinoy couple with the gf sitting on the reserved seat n happiily abosrbed in their own world.

I dunno how to teach my kids next time. To be compassionate when none of these foreigners i met on the train has showed their cocompassionate side to his mum when she was heavily preggy with him. Not tt i v gian the seat but is tt act of kindness someone showed to u after a long day.

Don't give up. How others behave should never affect the way we aspire to bring our kids up. If we want our kids to be thoughtful and gracious, my personal belief is that it needs to start with ourselves at home first. There will be times when the children question. Mine has already started, but it is the emphasis to her that we are trying to build good, strong character who gives back to society.

And all that jazz about people overseas who don't behave in the same manner, I speak from personal experience that it's all hyped up. On numerous occasions over the years in different countries, be it first world or third world, have I experienced their own ppl not giving up seats in buses, trams and trains to the needy. Me the foreign talent giving up my seat to an elderly lady during peak hour whilst a very well-dressed executive in a suit keeps his ass glued to the seat.

Hi mummies... I'm in my 33rd week now & last night my pantyliner has abit of blood stains... And my tummy cramp as if im having menstrual cramps.. I just drank more plain water to ease the cramp pain.. Anyone experienced this before?

Hi mummies... I'm in my 33rd week now & last night my pantyliner has abit of blood stains... And my tummy cramp as if im having menstrual cramps.. I just drank more plain water to ease the cramp pain.. Anyone experienced this before?
Bettr giv ur gynae a call to b safe,he might wan u in for checks.
cld be early labour signs

http://www.fivestarsandamoon.com/pregnant-who-cares-a-social-experiment/

I experienced this too :mad:

those kind souls are usually singaprean aunties who give up their seats for me. Otherz jus stare at their hp or pretend i m invisible. Met a prc guy who have the cheek to ask his wife to give up her seat for me while his butt stayed glued to the chair. In the end none of them stood up. Another was a pinoy couple with the gf sitting on the reserved seat n happiily abosrbed in their own world.

I dunno how to teach my kids next time. To be compassionate when none of these foreigners i met on the train has showed their cocompassionate side to his mum when she was heavily preggy with him. Not tt i v gian the seat but is tt act of kindness someone showed to u after a long day.
So far i have been quite lucky that seat given up for me. The one time no one gave up seat for me was when the train was very crowded and I squeezed to the reserved seat and ask the lady sitting there to please let me have the seat. She wasn't very willing but everyone was looking so eventually after coughing many times she gave up her seat.

Yes please give doc a call... are your cramps coming and going and coming? If so u can start timing... could be contractions...

Hi all ,I have delivered at 37wks,bb 2.33kg via C sect,although small but healthy,
and is free from GBS.
C sect is super painful after birth....etc but feeling better on 3rd day.
Maybe due to my bb 1 leg out and 1 leg inside so I have bruises inside??
it takes sometime to pull him out,he has bruises on his knee too and hb didn't
cut the umbilical cord,Dr n nurses r too anxious to push n pull him out.

Hi all ,I have delivered at 37wks,bb 2.33kg via C sect,although small but healthy,
and is free from GBS.
Congrats.great to hear tt all is well nw.have a gd rest

and is free from GBS.
Congrats poco! Glad you and baby are both safe and healthy! Rest a lot now, no heavy lifting!!!

Gv gynae a call and go down for a scan immed.
I have slight bleed at 10+ weeks forgotten which week.
Is a tear outside womb so Dr just prescribe duphaston.
Go for a scan Dr will check the bleeding come from where.

Sounds like coming to labour to me. Do go and see your gynae to check on dilation. And do you have regular contractions?

Yah lor, damn fast hor. Nope, not doing full month. Too much of a hassle. Always feel this kinda thing is for old folks. And then when they come, all wanna carry and see baby. Scared overstimulate him. Just gonna buy cake vouchers for those who gave ang pow and gifts.
Haha my #2 i wil do manyue BUt only for frens...kekek relatives was still telling me see me in May/June ..keke i jus kept quiet.
Aft first lesson learnt..too luan liao wif bth sides relatives..
I have to hold 2days for #1

and is free from GBS.

Congratulations! Sounds like my #1 the other time but I don't have bruises inside. The gynae told my DH don't need him to cut umbilical cord leh. They said usually it's not for DH to cut. My DH so relieved coz' he was so scared he had to do that. He very chicken when it comes to such things. Throughout whole surgery, he just sat next to me and didn't dare once peek at my stomach. Hhahahahaha.

Bleeding could be due to several reasons and most of them are pretty serious. I would rather u head to the gynae quickly to ensure that all is ok. Some reasons for early bleeding (fr least serious)

1. Naughty rough acts in the bedroom. The cervix is soft and sensitive so any rough acts may cause slight bleeding. But u got cramps oso so may not be../

2. Bleeding due to low placenta... For some women the placenta is low and hence at late stage may experience bleeding. Not sure if wk 33 will still suddenly bleed due to this reason.

3. You are going into labour. A bit too early at 33 wks so u btr go see gynae.

4. Placenta is detaching... Ok this is the scariest... The placenta should not detach itself until aft your baby is birthed. Detaching placenta can result in death of the fetus. (CHOI!)

Ok sorry if i scared u... But please please go see the gynae. If not u should at least call the clinicfor advice.

Btw snowymum,have u done ur ctg?do u hav signs of contractions liao?

Doc refuse to do CTG for me leh. He did vaginal examination instead to see if i was going to be soon. He said baby is not fully engaged so he does not think so... And then again my contractions could jus be BH.

This early morn 3 am, i woke up and my tummy felt like a stone!

Doc refuse to do CTG for me leh. He did vaginal examination instead to see if i was going to be soon. He said baby is not fully engaged so he does not think so... And then again my contractions could jus be BH.

This early morn 3 am, i woke up and my tummy felt like a stone!
Wens ur next checkup?
So we r bth stil in waiting mode.haha

Tdy im having quite bad gastric n nauseous..n i often feel hungry lik tt..
Looking forwrd to monday hope i be direct at hospic instead of at clinic for ctg.keke

Last edited:
My new domestic helper just arrive this morning. Went through a bit of orientation with her liao. Hope all goes well!!!

Any experienced employers got tips for me?

Just to share my experience. I was pushed by a man who was behind me trying to get into the train. When I confronted him. He pretend not to see or hear me..I was already 7 months preggers then... my bump was very obvious. Just a few weeks back, a man hit me in the tummy as he was rushing out from the train. I was standing still away from the door and was not in the way of the traffic.. he quickly apologise d and ran away....compare to 6 years ago, when I was pregnant with my 1st, the environment was different... the ppl now are too engorse in doing their world now... sigh..
Yes... So true! Sad to see, Singapore is so different these last 3-4 years!

My new domestic helper just arrive this morning. Went through a bit of orientation with her liao. Hope all goes well!!!

Any experienced employers got tips for me?

I learnt

1. If u intend to let them stay home mostly (no off day) - dont bring them out during the initial days.

2. Put up a schedule/ list of regular work u wan her to do to make sure she knows what is to be done.

3. I gv mine a schedule and houserules...

Congratulations! Sounds like my #1 the other time but I don't have bruises inside. The gynae told my DH don't need him to cut umbilical cord leh. They said usually it's not for DH to cut. My DH so relieved coz' he was so scared he had to do that. He very chicken when it comes to such things. Throughout whole surgery, he just sat next to me and didn't dare once peek at my stomach. Hhahahahaha.

hi little lamb,my 2nd one natural birth dr let my hb cut umbilical cord.Hb see a bit how thy cut n pull bb leg out
also how 2 nurses pushing my tummy to help bb out.He can feel is major surgery, tough for me...can feel he appreciate me more...ha ha...as for naturally birth maybe is natural n recover fast ,hb doesn't feel the impact.

Rainbowstarz, you hoping baby arrive on 28th or 2nd right?

Have you done everything you intended to get done yet? I still haven't packed my hospital bag!!! Tonight or tomorrow then pack quick quick.

Rainbowstarz, you hoping baby arrive on 28th or 2nd right?

Have you done everything you intended to get done yet? I still haven't packed my hospital bag!!! Tonight or tomorrow then pack quick quick.
Nw is hope 28th...otherwis 2 may means he eat n grow anth 4 more days:eek:
Worst tis 2days i kp hungry.
Tink i jus left last touch on his cot, the bolster cases etc.
Haha jus nw i even go wash toilet
Hospic bag packed le..bt havent charge camera..al the small nitty gritty thgs

Wah u faster pack ah..cos urs is confirmed de

Maybe hee hee... I opt for 2nd may if baby buttock still down..
Ya normally what u gals pack for hospic bag...
Documents most impt.
My clothes for rtn..bra..breast pads,undie,pads,toiletries.. chargers..plus my hubby clothes...
Baby clothes i brg 2sets..mittens booties..swaddle blanket..cap if u want...

Oh ya n the button front..wats tt pyjamas?gown?

Last edited:
Bleeding could be due to several reasons and most of them are pretty serious. I would rather u head to the gynae quickly to ensure that all is ok. Some reasons for early bleeding (fr least serious)

1. Naughty rough acts in the bedroom. The cervix is soft and sensitive so any rough acts may cause slight bleeding. But u got cramps oso so may not be../

2. Bleeding due to low placenta... For some women the placenta is low and hence at late stage may experience bleeding. Not sure if wk 33 will still suddenly bleed due to this reason.

3. You are going into labour. A bit too early at 33 wks so u btr go see gynae.

4. Placenta is detaching... Ok this is the scariest... The placenta should not detach itself until aft your baby is birthed. Detaching placenta can result in death of the fetus. (CHOI!)

Ok sorry if i scared u... But please please go see the gynae. If not u should at least call the clinicfor advice.

Ya sketch heart, go see ur gynae or call him. It happened to me when i was in week 28 or 30. Dat's cos i went washing toilets and cleaning the whole house the whole afternoon. Gynae asks me go down to the hospital for a cervix check and ctg scan immediately in case it becomes pre mature labour. He says move around too much will cause bleeding like what snowy mum says above cos our linning becomes v soft. But better go in check in case. Wont take u too long.

and is free from GBS.

Congratulations! Rest well yea!

Sounds like coming to labour to me. Do go and see your gynae to check on dilation. And do you have regular contractions?
Yah i do have but it's on and off.. I think it's bcos I carry my #1 yesterday. Will check w the gynae soon, my mum told me to rest for today and see how..

Yah i do have but it's on and off.. I think it's bcos I carry my #1 yesterday. Will check w the gynae soon, my mum told me to rest for today and see how..
Y delay.faster call. Oct i also bleed cos carry my #1 tis n tt.
end up on 3wks mc.

Gynaes r jus a call away,wun harm to call nw.haha the problem with 2nd time mummies is we tend to tak thgs too easy..forgetg each pregnancy is difnt

Last edited:
end up on 3wks mc.

Gynaes r jus a call away,wun harm to call nw.haha the problem with 2nd time mummies is we tend to tak thgs too easy..forgetg each pregnancy is difnt

Agree with u... We tend to neglect more in second pregnancy...

No, my contractions are on and off. Yeah, I'm so afraid of premature labour. Most probably gonna head down to kkh tonight, once hubby is back just to check everything is fine since he will be out of sg in two weeks time..

end up on 3wks mc.

Definately! My 1st pregnancy was way much easier! But i pity my #1 now.. That's why i delay. Eversince the 2nd pregnancy, he's been so much closer to me, and also much more attention seeking just like yesterday... Refuses my bro to carry him and insisted me on carrying him out from the train.... I tried refusing but he cried in the middle of the mrt station... so no choice already. haha

No, my contractions are on and off. Yeah, I'm so afraid of premature labour. Most probably gonna head down to kkh tonight, once hubby is back just to check everything is fine since he will be out of sg in two weeks time..
Oh then better mak sure evryhthg ok b4 he leave.so he will be at ease too otherws wil kp wry abt u too

Back