(2014/05) May 2014

im ok with csect actually. prepared my self for it already.

ya first baby.. can anyone tell me more abt csect with epi? im actually a very scary cat but no choice la.. was thinking of taking GA but wanted to see baby first so decided on epi.

What are the different in charges for normal and csect?
What about Medisave?
Previously opt for single bedded but if now gg for csect think got to go for two Bedded.

So gd my gal super light sleeper nw.so i hav problem.
Ic..bt u lost the weight fast too?
my gals all trained since in my tummy.. i have 2 dogs that will suddenly bark, they would have gotten used to the noisy environment at home haha.

previous pregnancy i lost weight quite fast, i could wear my pre-preg jeans during my gal's full month. cross fingers hope this round could lose weight also

Aiyoh, so angry, typed a bunch of stuff and accidentally pressed some keys and the window closed.

I was also so against epi and c sect. But actually after choosing it instead of waiting for cervix to dilate I felt it was not that bad. I had a very good anaesthetist and the only side effect I had was nausea and 1 episode of vomiting that's cos I drank longan tea instead of water after op. There's less lochia I can wear ultra thin pads. Different kind of pain from natural only when getting up from bed u feel the wound. And of course u get to see your baby within 1 hour of going into op.

Ruimom, Cesar is quite fast and easy. As in once you go in and have epidural given... You
Won't feel any pain except to lie back and wait for dr to get baby out.

It's the recovery part though that takes
A bit longer but, if make sure not to lift heavy things or exert too much on your self during first week, should be fine.

Did dr ask to choose a date? Next week we will be 38 weeks le ;)

Ruimom, I agree with what the moms shared. Having gone through twice csect, it's not as bad as you think. End of the day, lower risk to baby and mom is most important. I was deliberating between vbac or csect with #2. But of course, given the speed #2 came, I didn't have much time to think and DH just thought go with csect which is lesser risk. After doing that, the gynae doing the op told me I made the right choice.

In fact when I told her about my decision to csect, she even asked me if I was sure and not wanna try vbac. I told her I was sure. After the surgery, my gynae said my layers were thin and I ran into high risk of uterine rupture. As my friend reminded me before, we must know WHY we wanna do natural or csect and believe in it. For me, it really wasn't a big deal not being able to do vbac. Just that it was an option I had. As for epi, yes, I did go through the side effects, nausea then giddyness then shivering (which was the worst coz' it was uncontrollable and my DH felt so helpless for me being by my side and couldn't do anything).

But these are all short-term effects (except for the backache I had a few years later after #1 which I don't know if it was due to epi or babywearing my #1 for too long). You have to weigh the risks to health imposed. If you're going for csect, you definitely need anaesthesia, it's not a choice except to choose GA or epi. Most would go for epi coz' they wanna witness the birth of their baby. I'm quite glad this time round, my DH got to witness the birth of #2 coz' with #1, it was emergency c-sect (a situation whereby I wanted to try for natural birth and then end up never dilate and had to go coz' baby was under stress). Once again, it proved to me sometimes that it's no point trying to persevere for natural birth if your body isn't ready for it.

So give it good thought. Helps that mommies here share their experiences.

I remember feeding my #1 while sitting up.. Propped pillow behind my back and sat against my bedhead.. Until I fell asleep! Those were the days. My #1 didn't liked feeding while lying sideways, so I always had to cradle nurse her till she was very big.

Hhahahhaa, that is the me now. Dozing off while sitting up and latching in the middle of the night.

What are the different in charges for normal and csect?
What about Medisave?
Previously opt for single bedded but if now gg for csect think got to go for two Bedded.
C sect can claim medisave portion more. I shared before from MAH website:

Caesarean Section with GA (3 Days)
Maximum Medisave Claimable (Delivery expenses): $3500
Additional Medisave Claimable (Pre-natal medical expenses): $450

Family Suite: $5,612.15
Super Deluxe Room: $5,173.45
Single Deluxe Room: $4,578.53
Single Room: $4,445.85
Double Room: $3,144.73
4-Bedded Room: $2,872.95

Caesarean Section with Epidural (3 Days)
Maximum Medisave Claimable (Delivery expenses): $3500
Additional Medisave Claimable (Pre-natal medical expenses): $450

Family Suite: $5,505.15
Super Deluxe Room: $5,066.45
Single Deluxe Room: $4,471.53
Single Room: $4,338.85
Double Room: $3,037.73
4-Bedded Room: $2,765.95

my gals all trained since in my tummy.. i have 2 dogs that will suddenly bark, they would have gotten used to the noisy environment at home haha.

previous pregnancy i lost weight quite fast, i could wear my pre-preg jeans during my gal's full month. cross fingers hope this round could lose weight also
Whao so gd.envy.
Then u no nd wry abt ur weight

Aiyoh, so angry, typed a bunch of stuff and accidentally pressed some keys and the window closed.
Hhahahhaa, that is the me now. Dozing off while sitting up and latching in the middle of the night.
very unglam.. i remember waking up to my mouth opened very big and drooling :eek::confused:

Ok, since you girls are on the topic of hospital stay and saving costs, maybe you would also need to factor weekend or not. Especially if it's a Saturday afternoon or Sunday, you need PD standby, gynae available after office hours, these are extra charges also hor.

If deliver on a Friday.. will those extra charges be applicable too since the stay in ward would have spill over into weekend?

Ok, since you girls are on the topic of hospital stay and saving costs, maybe you would also need to factor weekend or not. Especially if it's a Saturday afternoon or Sunday, you need PD standby, gynae available after office hours, these are extra charges also hor.
Yes.... So many cost to factor. That's another reason I chose 28th being a Monday and all. Was shocked at first.... Gynae said Sunday extra charge.... Public holiday too!!! Wah piang.

Ruimom, Cesar is 3n 4 d as what Rainbowstarz mentioned. If not Because of my current children... I prefer to stay as per the package but coz of them... I rather discharge a day earlier n I guess get rebate too...

Ruimom... U at TMC right? Also with Lawrence Ang? If u opt 4 bed he will auto upgrade to 2 bed.

Last x my #1 was out on a wed.haha wkday hp #2 also

Ruimom, I agree with what the moms shared. Having gone through twice csect, it's not as bad as you think. End of the day, lower risk to baby and mom is most important. I was deliberating between vbac or csect with #2. But of course, given the speed #2 came, I didn't have much time to think and DH just thought go with csect which is lesser risk. After doing that, the gynae doing the op told me I made the right choice.

In fact when I told her about my decision to csect, she even asked me if I was sure and not wanna try vbac. I told her I was sure. After the surgery, my gynae said my layers were thin and I ran into high risk of uterine rupture. As my friend reminded me before, we must know WHY we wanna do natural or csect and believe in it. For me, it really wasn't a big deal not being able to do vbac. Just that it was an option I had. As for epi, yes, I did go through the side effects, nausea then giddyness then shivering (which was the worst coz' it was uncontrollable and my DH felt so helpless for me being by my side and couldn't do anything).

But these are all short-term effects (except for the backache I had a few years later after #1 which I don't know if it was due to epi or babywearing my #1 for too long). You have to weigh the risks to health imposed. If you're going for csect, you definitely need anaesthesia, it's not a choice except to choose GA or epi. Most would go for epi coz' they wanna witness the birth of their baby. I'm quite glad this time round, my DH got to witness the birth of #2 coz' with #1, it was emergency c-sect (a situation whereby I wanted to try for natural birth and then end up never dilate and had to go coz' baby was under stress). Once again, it proved to me sometimes that it's no point trying to persevere for natural birth if your body isn't ready for it.

So give it good thought. Helps that mommies here share their experiences.

Thanks babe, its really ease my worries after reading what you say. If no changes this friday, will choose a date for csect with epi... wanna witness the birth of my baby too....
Once again thanks for the assurance..

Yes.... So many cost to factor. That's another reason I chose 28th being a Monday and all. Was shocked at first.... Gynae said Sunday extra charge.... Public holiday too!!! Wah piang.

Ruimom, Cesar is 3n 4 d as what Rainbowstarz mentioned. If not Because of my current children... I prefer to stay as per the package but coz of them... I rather discharge a day earlier n I guess get rebate too...

Ruimom... U at TMC right? Also with Lawrence Ang? If u opt 4 bed he will auto upgrade to 2 bed.

Ya with Lawrence Ang too, hee hee ya will opt for 4 bed then upgrade.
but will discuss with hubby, if not much different in charges will just stay as single bedded.

Hope softer n gd for wounds.haha try
Considered wide rite?
Looks nt bad .soft.
Jus tt nt long engh compared to sofy night etc.mus change often ba

Attachments

• 1398154250472.jpg
    1398154250472.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 89
E c sect must be GA is it? Wat if u r aiming fot natural n epi b 4 gynae sayz u must go for e c section.

im using the pureen pads..v soft, gentle to wounds.

hey anyone giving bb pacifier? im not sure if bb reali hungry or jus wans to suck...feed 1hr liao still mouth big big finding food...

hey anyone giving bb pacifier? im not sure if bb reali hungry or jus wans to suck...feed 1hr liao still mouth big big finding food...

Great i gna pack sm pureen to hospic.dunno wat brand or type thy using!.

My #1 i gt giv.haha i wun reject pacifiers. But lucky since small she only takes wen she wants sleep.2yrs old she stop liao.

I Hope didi wil be lik jie jie

Last edited:
I c 2 mummies asking to join our fb grp.are u a all mummies here?.
Looks like secret grp more privacy?haha nw i dunno who is who leh.

Sry Cinnamon i hav changed the grp back to secret grp.so that only forum members here can c our grp.not any other fb users.

Actly closed n secret wats the dif? Haha.actly i dunno
Secret group meaning they can't find the group by searching, can't see members or post, and closed group means that they can search the group, see members (names only) but can't see post still.

Coz if not they couldn't search and request to join.

Secret group meaning they can't find the group by searching, can't see members or post, and closed group means that they can search the group, see members (names only) but can't see post still.

Coz if not they couldn't search and request to join.
Ya jus nw then i went to read.

Bt thy can be any fb users that we dunno rite?

Dunno y my fb i alrdy set anyone can send me request etc ppl stil cant find me to add them as fren first b4 i add them to grp

Hi, I am eliz khoo. I have been following this thread only in april, havent been participating.. hope u can add me in the fb group.:)
Elkhoo78/3/3rd may/Dr Henry Cheng/Boy/mount e novena
Added u as fren.aft u accept me i can add u le.
Mayb we wil c each other in mount e novena..same gynae

Last edited:
http://www.fivestarsandamoon.com/pregnant-who-cares-a-social-experiment/

I experienced this too :mad:

those kind souls are usually singaprean aunties who give up their seats for me. Otherz jus stare at their hp or pretend i m invisible. Met a prc guy who have the cheek to ask his wife to give up her seat for me while his butt stayed glued to the chair. In the end none of them stood up. Another was a pinoy couple with the gf sitting on the reserved seat n happiily abosrbed in their own world.

I dunno how to teach my kids next time. To be compassionate when none of these foreigners i met on the train has showed their cocompassionate side to his mum when she was heavily preggy with him. Not tt i v gian the seat but is tt act of kindness someone showed to u after a long day.

those kind souls are usually singaprean aunties who give up their seats for me. Otherz jus stare at their hp or pretend i m invisible. Met a prc guy who have the cheek to ask his wife to give up her seat for me while his butt stayed glued to the chair. In the end none of them stood up. Another was a pinoy couple with the gf sitting on the reserved seat n happiily abosrbed in their own world.

I dunno how to teach my kids next time. To be compassionate when none of these foreigners i met on the train has showed their cocompassionate side to his mum when she was heavily preggy him. Not tt i v gian the seat but is tt act of kindness someone showed to u after a long day.
The prc guy really i mus "salute" him

If deliver on a Friday.. will those extra charges be applicable too since the stay in ward would have spill over into weekend?

Possibly because weekend, PD and Gynae still have to do their rounds and check on baby and you. I don't know how your hospital charges. You might need to call and ask just to be sure.

At newborn stage, babies still won't be able to use mom's breasts as pacifiers, so I think it's likely baby is still hungry. Sometimes mouth big big could be gassy too. You need to burp baby between breasts feeds. Pacifier is best given after one month after they're used to latching. Especially when you're not introducing the bottle to them yet. You just want to avoid nipple confusion.

Thanks babe, its really ease my worries after reading what you say. If no changes this friday, will choose a date for csect with epi... wanna witness the birth of my baby too....
Once again thanks for the assurance..

Glad to be of help. I understand being a first time mom, it can be a ball of nerves. I was like that too and asked a whole load of questions. Everyone will tell you to take it easy and chill but only having gone through experience that you can relax about the whole thing.

Possibly because weekend, PD and Gynae still have to do their rounds and check on baby and you. I don't know how your hospital charges. You might need to call and ask just to be sure.

At newborn stage, babies still won't be able to use mom's breasts as pacifiers, so I think it's likely baby is still hungry. Sometimes mouth big big could be gassy too. You need to burp baby between breasts feeds. Pacifier is best given after one month after they're used to latching. Especially when you're not introducing the bottle to them yet. You just want to avoid nipple confusion.

Glad to be of help. I understand being a first time mom, it can be a ball of nerves. I was like that too and asked a whole load of questions. Everyone will tell you to take it easy and chill but only having gone through experience that you can relax about the whole thing.
Little lamb.ur baby cmg to 3wks liao rite?
So fast!
U doin manyue ?

I dunno how to teach my kids next time. To be compassionate when none of these foreigners i met on the train has showed their cocompassionate side to his mum when she was heavily preggy with him. Not tt i v gian the seat but is tt act of kindness someone showed to u after a long day.

Just to share my experience. I was pushed by a man who was behind me trying to get into the train. When I confronted him. He pretend not to see or hear me..I was already 7 months preggers then... my bump was very obvious. Just a few weeks back, a man hit me in the tummy as he was rushing out from the train. I was standing still away from the door and was not in the way of the traffic.. he quickly apologise d and ran away....compare to 6 years ago, when I was pregnant with my 1st, the environment was different... the ppl now are too engorse in doing their world now... sigh..

Back