IVF/ICSI Support Group

last time when i in e program,e nurse advise jogging better not,as during similations,e follicles inside will be growing bigger n bigger daily.

bbdust81,ya better to check with clinic becos different clinic different.
Thank you for ur reply sister, then I will stop jogging when I am at stim stage. I am going for long protocol this around , wait till 3rd week then go for scan and start injection.

Is anybody under Dr Anupriya from NUH - Is she a good Dr?
How is IVF at NUH like - will I have to go to separate places for scans, medicine etc?
Thinking of doing a second IVF.

scheduled for ER tml morn.
only told to fast from 12 midnight and report at 8 am.
what should i expect for tml?

Diff hospital have diff preparation.
In kkh u will do registration n lead to a room where u change n sit at a row of chairs waiting for your turn. Nurse will verify details n put drip on your hand before u go in to OT. In OT anesthetic dr will tell u the procedure n dr will come in say hello n u will be la la land. After ER u will be push to recovery area. Hubby will go produce sperm n wait outside till u are ready to go off.

In Tfc same thing nurse will verify details n lead u to recovery room where u change n wait on bed with curtains. When your turn come u go in to OT n nurses will prepare u n anesthetic dr brief u on what he is going to do. Dr will come in say hi n u will be knock off. Hubby can be with u in the OT. After ER same thing push to recovery Ward n nurses will brief u on what to expect n how many eggs retrieved. Hubby can wait in recovery room by your side n even bring snack for u.

Don't worry ER procedure very fast n not scary at all. U will be sleeping n before u know it everything is done.

I have balance of only 2 frozen emby.So thought of doing fresh in other hospital as who knws diferent hospital diferent protocols can make me strike miracle news.is it posible? As in keeping many frozen emby in diferent hospital...Are we allowed to?

I have balance of only 2 frozen emby.So thought of doing fresh in other hospital as who knws diferent hospital diferent protocols can make me strike miracle news.is it posible? As in keeping many frozen emby in diferent hospital...Are we allowed to?
Hajar,
Why not... you can transfer your 2 embbies to another center for future transfer.

Hi sister , can you share ur 2 bfp experience , how did you prorate for it and what did you do during 2 2ww?

Hi hi, I'm actually a bad example for 2ww. For my #1, I went back to work the next day, n flew to US on 10dpo. Took a bunch of domestic flights, eat crappy burgers everyday, spent the whole day on my feet at Disney World, went on Caribbean cruise. Think I was the most bo chup patient ever in NUH. Maybe cos I had so many failures before where I guai guai went on bedrest until backside mouldy, everyday just google symptoms until I go mad, n nothing happened. So that time round I was determined to just live life normally n go ahead with my holiday plans n not think too much abt the results. Call it self defense mechanism. To tiao my body I did acupuncture at Raffles Hospital TCM for 2+ years - ya, took me that long to "graduate". Think it did helped cos I had less AF cramps n blood clots over time. Food wise I tried to eat more egg whites during my cycle, n abstain from cold drinks. But other than that nothing special. For my #2, no preparation at all, no TCM, no special diet/restrictions, cos I was too busy n tired running after my #1. I know it's easier said than done but just try to stay positive, keep a 平常心, n eat well sleep well. My TCM always nag at me to give up my weekly mahjong sessions n sleep before 11, cos if not the body cannot recover from the daily stress. I also believe sometimes it's luck n fate. We just try our best, so we have no regrets. Don't get too stressed over what to eat/not to eat, what to do/not to do. Hope u get your miracle soon. Jia you!

Think it's ok, I did a fresh cycle with NUH while I still had frozen embryos with Raffles.

Is anybody under Dr Anupriya from NUH - Is she a good Dr?
How is IVF at NUH like - will I have to go to separate places for scans, medicine etc?
Thinking of doing a second IVF.

I had Dr Anu for one of my cycles cos Prof Wong was away. She's ok la, not very chatty, but gets the job done I guess. I didn't succeed that round though. IVF at NUH is actually not too stressful time wise, big reason why I stayed with them. I usually get there before 8, Prof usually starts seeing patients at 8. He will do the scans himself, n then after the scan u go up to CHR (Centre for Human Reproduction) to get a blood test n collect meds there. They will call u that afternoon to let u know the dose for your evening jabs. Sometimes when there are a few patients before me I will go up to CHR for the blood test first before my scan by Prof. All in all I can usually leave NUH by 8.40am. So no need to take time off from work.

Hi sister , can you share ur 2 bfp experience , how did you prorate for it and what did you do during 2 2ww?

Hi same as bbcrips, after failing 2 times I decide to take it easy and do the usual things rather than just resting on the bed. 4dpt I took long flight to USA as well. I drank cold drinks, coffee, ate fast food, even took long hours drive to sightsee and visit different states. Was surprised that BT was positive when back :)

Last edited:
Hi same as bbcrips, after failing 2 times I decide to take it easy and do the usual things rather than just resting on the bed. 4dpt I took long flight to USA as well. I drank cold drinks, coffee, ate fast food, even took long hours drive to sightsee and visit different states. Was surprused that BT was positive when back :)

Glad to find out that so many of u actually took long flights. Cos i need to take long flight to USA also. my doctor during transfer told me must wait after 12wks or at least till pregnancy stabilised then can travel if pregnant.

Wahhh damn angry. I just got a PM from someone in another forum and this was what she told me

"Read from the forum that you are contemplating IVF but is overweight. To be honest, dont't waste your money on IVF if you are overweight. The body fats levels will hinder your success rates.

Just will like to share with you that some of my friends tried a weight management program and took supplements to boost their fertility chances. They were overweight with high level of body fats and had already failed IVF at least once. they tried all methods, IVF, traditional chinese medicine to tiao, IUI, etc. They decided to try this weight management program and while in the midst of the program, they managed to conceive naturally. They were able to successfully give birth and there are no side effects of this weight management program to the mummy or baby.

If you will like to find out more or get a free body fat analysis, please PM me and I can link you up with my friends' consultant who helped them to lose weight and conceive naturally.

Not to worry, no hard selling or pushy sales. It is not like those commercial slimming centres whereby they push you to buy their packages before letting you leave the shop. The consultant will just do the body fat analysis for you, explain to you the numbers, explain about the program and its benefits and that's it. You can opt take up the program if you are convinced by it or to leave if you need more time to think about it.

Personally, I went through a long tedious road before I managed to conceive which is why I PM you to want to offer you some advice."

WTH, got so desperate for business anot. like that all fat people can go and die liao.

Glad to find out that so many of u actually took long flights. Cos i need to take long flight to USA also. my doctor during transfer told me must wait after 12wks or at least till pregnancy stabilised then can travel if pregnant.

Haha for my #1, I tested positive when I landed there, for my #2 I flew to US again when I was 7 weeks preggy. Most important is to listen to your body, take it easy n get somebody to help u with your heavy luggage. On the flight drink lotsa fluid n move around to get the blood circulation going. Oh n u can tell the security u don't want to go thru the scanners cos u are preggy. They will just do a pat down. U can also ask for support meds from your Gynae n bring along as stand by.

Haha for my #1, I tested positive when I landed there, for my #2 I flew to US again when I was 7 weeks preggy. Most important is to listen to your body, take it easy n get somebody to help u with your heavy luggage. On the flight drink lotsa fluid n move around to get the blood circulation going. Oh n u can tell the security u don't want to go thru the scanners cos u are preggy. They will just do a pat down. U can also ask for support meds from your Gynae n bring along as stand by.

Oh. Thanks so much for the kind advice. I will have my pregnancy test here and few more days later i will need to go back USA. Ya USA has very strict security check. Glad that they can exempt pregnant woman from gg thru that. I will let them know. Thx.

Oh. Thanks so much for the kind advice. I will have my pregnancy test here and few more days later i will need to go back USA. Ya USA has very strict security check. Glad that they can exempt pregnant woman from gg thru that. I will let them know. Thx.
When are you leaving for USA? I am schedule to fly on Monday =X Not looking forward to the loooong ride

Wahhh damn angry. I just got a PM from someone in another forum and this was what she told me

"Read from the forum that you are contemplating IVF but is overweight. To be honest, dont't waste your money on IVF if you are overweight. The body fats levels will hinder your success rates.

Just will like to share with you that some of my friends tried a weight management program and took supplements to boost their fertility chances. They were overweight with high level of body fats and had already failed IVF at least once. they tried all methods, IVF, traditional chinese medicine to tiao, IUI, etc. They decided to try this weight management program and while in the midst of the program, they managed to conceive naturally. They were able to successfully give birth and there are no side effects of this weight management program to the mummy or baby.

If you will like to find out more or get a free body fat analysis, please PM me and I can link you up with my friends' consultant who helped them to lose weight and conceive naturally.

Not to worry, no hard selling or pushy sales. It is not like those commercial slimming centres whereby they push you to buy their packages before letting you leave the shop. The consultant will just do the body fat analysis for you, explain to you the numbers, explain about the program and its benefits and that's it. You can opt take up the program if you are convinced by it or to leave if you need more time to think about it.

Personally, I went through a long tedious road before I managed to conceive which is why I PM you to want to offer you some advice."

WTH, got so desperate for business anot. like that all fat people can go and die liao.
Dont angry la @sharkles she is trying to sell some kind of product in the forum. You know Liu ling ling the ge tai 大姐大 she is also fat what. But she succeed her IVF program and give birth to a boy. so just ignore those posting. jiayou.

Dont angry la @sharkles she is trying to sell some kind of product in the forum. You know Liu ling ling the ge tai 大姐大 she is also fat what. But she succeed her IVF program and give birth to a boy. so just ignore those posting. jiayou.
Thanks babe! Ya she trying so hard to sell and still can tell me she not selling anything. * roll eyes*

Thanks babe! Ya she trying so hard to sell and still can tell me she not selling anything. * roll eyes*
hahaha.. She might not have gone through the procedure and did not know how hard it is for us lady here and talk rubbish in there about the slimming thingy. Is this your 1st cycle?

hahaha.. She might not have gone through the procedure and did not know how hard it is for us lady here and talk rubbish in there about the slimming thingy. Is this your 1st cycle?

Is another forum. This forum people ALL VERY NICE!

Yes gonna be my first cycle. alot to learn from you all man.

Btw whats 2ww?

I actually wanted to delay the ET cos I bought the tickets already but my doc was like what's the matter. Of course you can travel during the 2ww while the nurses were more worried saying about cabin pressure etc. He even said good time to go shopping haha

However doc did advise no travelling during the 1st trimester after tested positive. Reason was if anything happen, medical care will be ex and also I may not know where to go to seek help (I have 2 mc).

So it's a decision you have to make yourself. ;)

Hi ladies
Saw ur earlier post
Does testing in HPT kit 5 days after ET is accurate
My previous 2 pregnancy I tested but it was negative BT was positive
Now I can't wait to test 5 days later also

I have been informed by KKH that i am schedule for IVf in Feb. Scared and excited! JIAYOU everyone!

Meanwhile, just a quick check while i am learning the jargons, whats 2ww?
Hi sharkles, the queue is until feb already... goodness, im going to see dr tml then i would know when is my schedule.

I actually wanted to delay the ET cos I bought the tickets already but my doc was like what's the matter. Of course you can travel during the 2ww while the nurses were more worried saying about cabin pressure etc. He even said good time to go shopping haha

However doc did advise no travelling during the 1st trimester after tested positive. Reason was if anything happen, medical care will be ex and also I may not know where to go to seek help (I have 2 mc).

So it's a decision you have to make yourself. ;)

Thanks for the advice. I will take into consideration.

Ask her to shut up lah. There are many overweight people succeed in Ivf.

Hi. Anyone knows the diff btw progesterone vaginal gel and utrogestan capsules? Previously my fresh cycle, i was given utrogestan. Tis time fet is progesterone vaginal gel which was so much more ex.

Hi. Anyone knows the diff btw progesterone vaginal gel and utrogestan capsules? Previously my fresh cycle, i was given utrogestan. Tis time fet is progesterone vaginal gel which was so much more ex.
Utrogestan you need to insert into the vagina and then lie down for 30-60 min. For crinone gel, which is more expensive; it comes in gel form and you need to smear into the vagina and walk around for 15-20min

Utrogestan you need to insert into the vagina and then lie down for 30-60 min. For crinone gel, which is more expensive; it comes in gel form and you need to smear into the vagina and walk around for 15-20min

You know under what condition doc will give utrogestan and when give crinone gel? I dun understand the differences.

Both are the same effective. But w crinone the gel don't get panic when you will experience spotting. Sometimes comes out with lumpy like rotten cheese so gross w different colors (black, brown etc)
Now I got infection bacteria e coli duhhhh and on antibiotics
Some ppl prefer progesteron injection too but I don't cos buttock sore pain

Hello ladies! I had my FET done on 23 sept and was tested positive on 8 Oct. Yay!

Want to check if it is still ok to continue drinking red dates longan tea during pregnancy??
Yay congrats ocling! I've read that it's OK to continue to drink red dates longan tea and it's good for early pregnant women. But just maybe once a week and not too often coz it's heaty. Congrats again and happy for you!

Back