IVF/ICSI Support Group

Ask her to shut up lah. There are many overweight people succeed in Ivf.

Haha. I have received the same message. To be honest, before I embark on IVF, my body fat was ideal as I am an exercise freak. But I have no luck as well. It does not matter if we are overweight or not but just it is not our time yet. This person is so hard up for business.

Hi all, I am currently on D6 and am currently on prognva to prepare for my first medicated FET. Anything I can do to increase my chances? Many thanks!

Hi all, I am currently on D6 and am currently on prognva to prepare for my first medicated FET. Anything I can do to increase my chances? Many thanks!

Monkeyzai,
Eating a few brazil nuts (which has selenium) a day also helps with implantation. But dont over consume as our body can get heaty with all the supplements/supports that we are already eating.

I saw dr jerry from kkh. I ask him what to eat to improve the quality of the egg. He said there is nothing we can do, they are born like that. I also ask for Dhea, but he say previous case that thing wouldn't have high chance of pregnancy. He don't prescribe anything , but he would give me higher dose of injection.
Please advise anyone prescribe Dhea from kkh. What we can ask for doctor to check (like check fah or s.i.s) or we just continue the fresh cycle. Please help.

I was also on progynova. For me like the other ladies.. I took folic acid, Q10 supplements.. I was also taking tcm meds to warm my womb.. all the way until I did the FET. And also once in a while drink some red dates tea...

I followed this before my FET, hope it helps u!

Alternate days red bean soup and 2 egg whites
Red date longan daily
Every weekend black chicken soup
Conceive well Gold
TCM plus acupuncture
Sleep with long pants and socks every night, by 11pm
Alternate days soak feet in warm water
Exercise 3 times a week

Good luck to you!

if it is KKH they will call you to tell you the appt.
I have just seen my dr, i am booked for the December slot. Going for the briefing in November. May i check with the rest of u, usually its how many days from day 1 of IVF am i required to go down regularly for scanning? Assuming im on short protocol? I want to roughly calculate the leave. Thanks in advance.

Hi HavingHope,

If you are doing a fresh cycle, then be ready to go once every 2-3 days for scan.. So that they can monitor the growth of your follicles and adjust your medication accordingly. If you are doing a frozen cycle, depending on whether its a natural or medicated one, the number of scans will be lesser than a fresh one. I just did a medicated FET and did 1 scan before going for ET.

To the other ladies here,
I wanted to ask for FET, it's a 3-day embryo transfer right? I wanted to clarify how old the embryo so can take note of possible implantation period but I guess too kan cheong and forgot.. But I know it's not blastocyst cos the photo didn't look like.

Wanted to ask too for those who did FET, how did you approach your 2ww? Since it's only 3 days mc rather than 17 days..

Thanks in advance!

My second ivf/icsi using long protocol resulted in two eggs from five follicles. Both are mature eggs but failed to fertilised. Does anyone have advice to share?

Previous ivf/icsi using short protocol also produced 5 follicles, but with 3 eggs, transferred two, one of which helped me conceived my firstborn,

Hi HavingHope,

If you are doing a fresh cycle, then be ready to go once every 2-3 days for scan.. So that they can monitor the growth of your follicles and adjust your medication accordingly. If you are doing a frozen cycle, depending on whether its a natural or medicated one, the number of scans will be lesser than a fresh one. I just did a medicated FET and did 1 scan before going for ET.

I wanted to ask for FET, it's a 3-day embryo transfer right? I wanted to clarify how old the embryo so can take note of possible implantation period but I guess too kan cheong and forgot.. But I know it's not blastocyst cos the photo didn't look like.

Wanted to ask too for those who did FET, how did you approach your 2ww? Since it's only 3 days mc rather than 17 days..

Thanks in advance!
Im doing a fresh one. This is my first ivf. So the 2-3 days of scanning is after 10 days of injection right?

I followed this before my FET, hope it helps u!

Alternate days red bean soup and 2 egg whites
Red date longan daily
Every weekend black chicken soup
Conceive well Gold
TCM plus acupuncture
Sleep with long pants and socks every night, by 11pm
Alternate days soak feet in warm water
Exercise 3 times a week

Good luck to you!
Did u transfer 2 embryos also?

Hi all, so i presume from the 1st day my menses come up to the day embryo transfer, everything will takes about a month?

Usually u start jabs around cycle day 3, depending on your response, it's usually abt 10-13 days of stimulation jabs, then when 3 or more of your follicle sizes are ideal (around 18mm), they will trigger u that night, n ER is 36 hrs later. Transfer is 2 days later for KK, 3 days later for NUH. But if u have enough good quality embryos they might wait till day 5 for transfer. So abt 3 wks.

Hi HavingHope,

Thanks in advance!
I guess mostly should be 3 day embryo? I am not so sure about mine either.. haha

For the 2ww there wasn't much changes to my lifestyle. I still go to work as per normal. However diet wise just eat healthier loh.. like what you would do if you are pregnant. I was also told to try doing like exercises like walking. Eat more fruits and vege to prevent constipation..

most importantly stay happy.

I guess mostly should be 3 day embryo? I am not so sure about mine either.. haha

For the 2ww there wasn't much changes to my lifestyle. I still go to work as per normal. However diet wise just eat healthier loh.. like what you would do if you are pregnant. I was also told to try doing like exercises like walking. Eat more fruits and vege to prevent constipation..

Thanks ocling! Though it's been about 3 days since my ET, I have so far been less uptight for this FET cycle. For my first cycle, I took time off work, watched what I ate, rested a lot, stayed indoors, but in the end still failed, so I told myself that I would go about my daily activities as what I would normally do, just going to avoid strenuous activities. But you are right, staying happy and positive is important, and I hope to achieve that :)

Im doing a fresh one. This is my first ivf. So the 2-3 days of scanning is after 10 days of injection right?

Hi,

After you go for your first scan, you will start injections, and that's when they will schedule you for the scans depending on your follicle and lining growth. So the scans start when you start your injections, not after. The scans are done in the morning and after that you will meet the doc for review and then proceed to the pharmacy to get your medication. You may also need to return to the ivf clinic for further instructions on how to do your injections, etc from the nurses. This is the routine for KKH, Im not sure if it's the same for the other hospitals or medical centres.. Hope this clarifies :)

Usually u start jabs around cycle day 3, depending on your response, it's usually abt 10-13 days of stimulation jabs, then when 3 or more of your follicle sizes are ideal (around 18mm), they will trigger u that night, n ER is 36 hrs later. Transfer is 2 days later for KK, 3 days later for NUH. But if u have enough good quality embryos they might wait till day 5 for transfer. So abt 3 wks.
Hi bbcripps,
If jab around cycle day 3, that means jabbing while im still having my menses? Sorry... this is my first time and im really a noob. So i think my cycle will overlap Dec and Jan.

Hi Ocling,
You went to work during the 2ww? U didnt stay at home to rest?

Hi,

After you go for your first scan, you will start injections, and that's when they will schedule you for the scans depending on your follicle and lining growth. So the scans start when you start your injections, not after. The scans are done in the morning and after that you will meet the doc for review and then proceed to the pharmacy to get your medication. You may also need to return to the ivf clinic for further instructions on how to do your injections, etc from the nurses. This is the routine for KKH, Im not sure if it's the same for the other hospitals or medical centres.. Hope this clarifies :)
Hi Faith,
This is really helpful. That means i have hope to complete my cycle before CNY. Im with KKH. Cuz dr has already prescribe me medicine to induce my menses from Oct all the way to Dec. Will be taking the med on 11 Dec for 7 days, so i will complete on the 17 Dec. Assuming my menses come within 7 days. Said for eg 24 or 25 dec, then maybe the 3rd day of menses, i will be going for the scan and injection right? Oh my goodness... its the christmas week, hopefully kkivf is open... so it definitely will stretch to Jan 2017.

anyone has abominal pain after ER? started abominal pain since ytd evening and it always get worse after a meal.
Yes it is absolutely normal and for me it got to the point that I could not walk without pain too. But it subsided in around 48 hours before my ET. Good luck to you! :)

Hi All, I am currently on my 2WW. Can't wait for BT next week. I do go out once in a while but mostly staying home to rest, watch movies etc. And I am like googling before I eat anything if it is okay to consume. Any ladies out here on 2WW and tested positive? Also I heard pomegranate is good for the womb and I eat one fruit almost daily. Is that ok? Any thoughts, ideas and advice will be greatly appreciated. Good luck to all of us! :)

my menses just came, 4 days before blood test, tested paos negative, and it definitely is menses, not spotting or colored discharge, can I stop the vaginal insert already? kkivf center closed already I can't call to confirm, any ideas, sisters?

my menses just came, 4 days before blood test, tested paos negative, and it definitely is menses, not spotting or colored discharge, can I stop the vaginal insert already? kkivf center closed already I can't call to confirm, any ideas, sisters?
I am very sorry to hear this. But just to be on safe side why don't u continue the vaginal progesterone as I heard implantation also can lead to bleeding as will early pregnancy symptoms. Then call or go to KKIVF Centre first thing on Monday morning. They open at 0730 if I am not mistaken and they won't have many patients at that time. I wish you good luck and hope it is just a false alarm sister.

I am very sorry to hear this. But just to be on safe side why don't u continue the vaginal progesterone as I heard implantation also can lead to bleeding as will early pregnancy symptoms. Then call or go to KKIVF Centre first thing on Monday morning. They open at 0730 if I am not mistaken and they won't have many patients at that time. I wish you good luck and hope it is just a false alarm sister.
sis,thanks for your advice and best wishes. hope all the best for you. I will restqsome time and start fighting again.

Hi Faith,
This is really helpful. That means i have hope to complete my cycle before CNY. Im with KKH. Cuz dr has already prescribe me medicine to induce my menses from Oct all the way to Dec. Will be taking the med on 11 Dec for 7 days, so i will complete on the 17 Dec. Assuming my menses come within 7 days. Said for eg 24 or 25 dec, then maybe the 3rd day of menses, i will be going for the scan and injection right? Oh my goodness... its the christmas week, hopefully kkivf is open... so it definitely will stretch to Jan 2017.

Hi HavingHope,

On your 2nd or 3rd day of menses, you will go for the scan, and that's when they will see the results and decide what sort of medication they would want you to start your injections with. I recommend taking at least half day off for that first scan, cos you need to do the scan, review with doc, buy medication and also see the nurse who will teach you how to do the injection.. Could take up the whole morning.

Hi happy0428,

So sorry to hear this.. I was in a similar situation, and it was at first brownish stain on the inserts around 4 days before BT then got slightly a bit more until I fully stopped the inserts then my full menses came. I called up kkh to arrange for an earlier BT, hcg was very low (around 10+) so they asked me to stop the inserts. But it wasn't considered a negative BT so I still had to go back for another BT on the scheduled day to confirm a negative result.

Hi HavingHope,

On your 2nd or 3rd day of menses, you will go for the scan, and that's when they will see the results and decide what sort of medication they would want you to start your injections with. I recommend taking at least half day off for that first scan, cos you need to do the scan, review with doc, buy medication and also see the nurse who will teach you how to do the injection.. Could take up the whole morning.
Hi Faith,
Ok... i will get the day off to settle all this. It seems v packed! Now im gettinh excited to be reaching that stage which I have been waiting for. Good luck and bb dust to everyone!

Hi happy0428,

So sorry to hear this.. I was in a similar situation, and it was at first brownish stain on the inserts around 4 days before BT then got slightly a bit more until I fully stopped the inserts then my full menses came. I called up kkh to arrange for an earlier BT, hcg was very low (around 10+) so they asked me to stop the inserts. But it wasn't considered a negative BT so I still had to go back for another BT on the scheduled day to confirm a negative result.
thank you faith05, I will call kk first thing on next monday, my flow is getting a bit heavier, I wonder if I should stop the insert and let the flow come smoothly. from what I read, hcg>5 means the embryo implanted but somehow it doesnt stick. anyway I will call and get the proper closure for my first fresh and fight again when I am ready. hope all the best for sisters on this path.

My second ivf/icsi using long protocol resulted in two eggs from five follicles. Both are mature eggs but failed to fertilised. Does anyone have advice to share?

Previous ivf/icsi using short protocol also produced 5 follicles, but with 3 eggs, transferred two, one of which helped me conceived my firstborn,
i bfp on my short cycle, long cycle not any chance at all. Why doc gave u long cycle this time? By right if u successful on short cycle should continue using that same successful formula

Hi All, I am currently on my 2WW. Can't wait for BT next week. I do go out once in a while but mostly staying home to rest, watch movies etc. And I am like googling before I eat anything if it is okay to consume. Any ladies out here on 2WW and tested positive? Also I heard pomegranate is good for the womb and I eat one fruit almost daily. Is that ok? Any thoughts, ideas and advice will be greatly appreciated. Good luck to all of us! :)
do not take lemongrass as it can induce menses, any other liang food avoid

Hi HavingHope,

Thanks in advance!
3 or 2 days depends on your retrival last time, when they freeze that time did you ask? normally 3days for nuh and kk 2days. First 1 week after ET take it very easy, no squating carry heavy stuffs thruout. U can ask for more days mc

Thank you all! How about raspberry leaf tea? Anyone hear good things about it?
It's to prep the womb too, can buy at coffee and tea leaf cafe. Drink a bit alternate days best with honey or else light brown sugar. But then stimulation time stop. No no for pregg women as cause contractions (some recommend taking during 3rd trimester to relax the uterus and prep for childbirth)

Hi, has anyone got mosquito bite during 2ww or early pregnancy but still ok? I Got bitten last night and now very worried...
you better go test for zika..for that peace of mind. I know of one who has to abort her baby 11 weeks, cos scan has no skull covering (very likely affilated) u go google..

Back