IVF/ICSI Support Group

Raz84,
It could be the post ET supports and the food which you have taken that resulted in constipation.
You can try to drink some prune juice and see if it helps soften ur stools.
Just do not push too hard as we do not want to over exert our abs muscles after ET.
Ah ok... i drank bottles of water... guess i need to drink more... :)

sorry there are too many post
just need advise what how is FET procedure like?

after ivf first cycle fail, how long can i move to FET?
Hi shijiaxin
For next FET after a failed one, actually there really isn't a best timing. If you want to, it's possible to move on immediately to plan a new FET. Most of the time, the gap is just for u to prep well for the next one. For instance, my gynae actually asked me to tiao my body thru TCM and go back again when I'm ready.

An FET starts with u seeing gynae at the end of a period. Gynae will assess the womb condition, check for any abnormalities (in my case he checks for any growth in my fibroids) before the process begins. He may start with birth control pills (Gynera or the like) to first stabilize the womb for abt 2 weeks. After that most likely u will start with womb lining building meds like progynova. For this you will take about another 10 over days while your gynae should be asking u to go back occasionally for u to check the lining thickness.

Once lining is good, you will be scheduled for your transfer. The rest is the same as per a transfer procedure.

Which stage are u at now? If u need some info on prepping for FET I can share some ideas with u offline. Can PM me.

Hi shijiaxin
For next FET after a failed one, actually there really isn't a best timing. If you want to, it's possible to move on immediately to plan a new FET. Most of the time, the gap is just for u to prep well for the next one. For instance, my gynae actually asked me to tiao my body thru TCM and go back again when I'm ready.

An FET starts with u seeing gynae at the end of a period. Gynae will assess the womb condition, check for any abnormalities (in my case he checks for any growth in my fibroids) before the process begins. He may start with birth control pills (Gynera or the like) to first stabilize the womb for abt 2 weeks. After that most likely u will start with womb lining building meds like progynova. For this you will take about another 10 over days while your gynae should be asking u to go back occasionally for u to check the lining thickness.

Once lining is good, you will be scheduled for your transfer. The rest is the same as per a transfer procedure.

Which stage are u at now? If u need some info on prepping for FET I can share some ideas with u offline. Can PM me.
Finesse9702, mind to share which Gynae are you with?

Hi,

Anyone know whether blastocyst can survive thawing better than D2 embryos. My ET cancelled today as the 2 D2 embryos didnt survive. Left with one blastocyst which will be thaw on tue. Praying hard that it can survive. Else this cycle will be cancelled.

Hi,

Anyone know whether blastocyst can survive thawing better than D2 embryos. My ET cancelled today as the 2 D2 embryos didnt survive. Left with one blastocyst which will be thaw on tue. Praying hard that it can survive. Else this cycle will be cancelled.

Theoretically, blastos are stronger embryos as they had developed in the petri dish in the lab. It all depends on the freezing technique of your lab. Previously I was with TFC and my embryos thaw rate on my D3 embryos were horrific :(. Did FET both times and Its like a 60% knock-out rate for me. Now some labs like Mt E, NUH have very high thaw survival rates.

Nevertheless, stay positive and have your faith in your strong blasto ! ...

Theoretically, blastos are stronger embryos as they had developed in the petri dish in the lab. It all depends on the freezing technique of your lab. Previously I was with TFC and my embryos thaw rate on my D3 embryos were horrific :(. Did FET both times and Its like a 60% knock-out rate for me. Now some labs like Mt E, NUH have very high thaw survival rates.

Nevertheless, stay positive and have your faith in your strong blasto ! ...

Thanks for the advice. Im with KKH. Really hope my last blastocyst can survive...

Hi,

If your embryo is strong it will survive the thawing.

Hi,

Hi what grade are u r D2 embryos? I also has a few D2 frozen. Good luck for ur ET.

Do we need to bring back our gonal f medication for every scan. The nurse who taught me at kkh say need to but I bring back for 2 scans so far like they dun check at all or use it?
If dun need I leave it at home when I go scan on Monday.

Do we need to bring back our gonal f medication for every scan. The nurse who taught me at kkh say need to but I bring back for 2 scans so far like they dun check at all or use it?
U bring back whenever u have access. The nurse should indicate on the jab sheet which is given to u

its better to bring along. occasionally they will combine dosage of 2 pens so that you will not have to jab many times.

Hi sisters,

need your advice here. I am suppose to go for endo scratch on 24 Oct and start my cycle in Nov. However my last period is still not here, late by 2 weeks and i just out of curiosity tested a kit and got +ve! I still can't confirm if its real cos due to past experiences, i am scare to believe..so the problem now is do i go back to my previous gynae at TMC to confirm on scan or is it better to check with kkh first? but am thinking if i check with kkh then in the end ask me go back my gynae..i need to spend double? anyone has such experience?

hi,
just want to share some info that my clementi tcm dr tan shared with us last week. although we see for male fertilty,i thought this advises make sense for ladies also.
though i not tested to see if it works cos was reminded to look into this last week. but just thought of sharing since it looks quite healthy
1. sleep before 11pm every night for better replenishment of energy
2. drink more water for more fluid
3. eat less fried food
4. regular exercise. eg jogging
5. ladies avoid drink ang mo teh becos its 'liang'

he actuali ask my husband to eat more bird nest and sea cucumber

all e best ladies. fighting..be it watever conception methods u are trying..

Last edited:
Hi sisters,

need your advice here. I am suppose to go for endo scratch on 24 Oct and start my cycle in Nov. However my last period is still not here, late by 2 weeks and i just out of curiosity tested a kit and got +ve! I still can't confirm if its real cos due to past experiences, i am scare to believe..so the problem now is do i go back to my previous gynae at TMC to confirm on scan or is it better to check with kkh first? but am thinking if i check with kkh then in the end ask me go back my gynae..i need to spend double? anyone has such experience?
Congrats! Tho I have no advice for you but so happy for you! :)

hi,
just want to share some info that my clementi tcm dr tan shared with us last week. although we see for male fertilty,i thought this advises make sense for ladies also.
though i not tested to see if it works. but just thought of sharing since it looks quite healthy
3. eat less fried food
5. ladies avoild drink ang mo teh becos its 'liang'

Actually dr has always say cut down carbo n sugar, it will helps too..

Hi ladies.

During my previous embryo collection, i had mild OHSS with bad bloatedness. Went to buy Immunocal supplement after reading advices from forum. It totally helped after taking a few pack so I recovered after a few days.

Now i still have about 15 packs left, hoping to sell to those who might be doing embryo collection soon. I bought it at OG it comes in a box of 30 at $106 but only needed a few packs then. Expiry date is Feb 2017. Let me know if you are keen to have some.

Please PM me if interested thanks.

i think spotting not counted. filled half a pad should be cd1 le. full flow is cd2. but maybi better u call n ask e nurse to confirm
I called KKIVF and the nurse said full flow is CD1, guess I have to monitor...
This cycle a bit haywire, not sure is caused by endo scratch which I did on last sat... Normally mine will be full flow from the 1st day...now is like half or less..

hi,
though i not tested to see if it works cos was reminded to look into this last week. but just thought of sharing since it looks quite healthy
3. eat less fried food
5. ladies avoid drink ang mo teh becos its 'liang'

Can jogging during the period of stim ?

Hi ladies,

Did anyone experience diarrhoea after taking the antibiotic after ET? I had watery stool after taking the antibiotic.

Actually for both my bfp I got bad stomach cramps n LS on dpo 9. Then poas +ve 2 days later. So LS is an implantation symptom for me, haha. Hope it is for u too!

Thanks for the reply. Cos my ET was today. Transferred 1 blast and took the antibiotic. So dun think is implatation yet.

Hi, has anyone got mosquito bite during 2ww or early pregnancy but still ok? I Got bitten last night and now very worried...

Helo everyone. after my 3rd fresh IVF failure, i had my first period. After that no period today is Day 52. Did blood test and pregnancy test with Doc Vanaja at NUH women clinic all turned negative. Doc checked and said my uterus all fine but didnt find any follicles. Doc gave me medicine to eat for a week to induce period but still no show. Anyone experience this before or any advise on what i shd do please? I want to try naturally but no period means no follicles.

Back