2016/07 July babies

My baby drink FM at night. 9.00pm. He skipped the 12am one. Wake up at 3.45am for me. I actually planned to dream feed him at 12am so that can dong until 6am. Need to train him but he simply refuse to open his mouth at 12am feed. No choice I have to wake up at 4am Lo. Other timing he very on the dots.

Mine depends some night can last longer, these are the nights where she drank more during the day like every 2 hours...if not still ask for milk every 3 hours

Any mummies drink coffee? Does it make your baby more awake/restless? I'm not a regular coffee drinker but once a blue moon crave for coffee latte instead of tea. So I'm not sure if I should give in to temptation.

Any mummies drink coffee? Does it make your baby more awake/restless? I'm not a regular coffee drinker but once a blue moon crave for coffee latte instead of tea. So I'm not sure if I should give in to temptation.
I am a regular coffee drinker...but been drinking decaf now

I feed my LO with FM for his last feeding around 9+ 10pm, and for the past 2 nights he will sleep till around 5+ 6am for his milk! I think it's consider STTN liao right? *YEAH!* And the good thing is he will drink super fast and after that fall asleep. I don't have to spend too much time to coax him.

Night time I can slowly pump my milk, and do power pumping. No one to disturb.

Between 9pm to 7am, my baby tends to wake up for milk 2 times. Once at 1am/2am, 4am/5am. But last night the eyes went wide open at 5am! I spent a good 1hour plus to pacify baby and to clam down by resting baby on my breast while we sleep on the sofa. Wake up with backache.

Recently, my baby doesn't like to sleep alone. The little one enjoys body contact and bonding. Prefers to sleep when someone carries.

Once you place back to cot, the crying symphony starts. I was told that baby shouldn't be left crying too long. How ah? Should I harden my heart and just let baby cry it out? Afterall, baby will be tired eventually. If not, i will not have any time to do any household chores!

@KWL My baby also want to be carried in order to sleep. Even if he's also ready in deep sleep, once I put him on the cot he will wake up and cry. But I notice this only happen during his growth spurt. This few days he can sleep almost an hour to 2 when we put him on the cot. Keeping my fingers cross though, because he at night he still want to sleep with us on the bed. HAHA!

Reactions: KWL
@Sa_rahhhh same problem. Deep sleep or not, the moment I place back in cot, the eyes auto open. And crying starts. I also wanna cry and bang my head when that happens haha

My baby don't want to sleep in his cot during day time, put him down he will cried but he is ok to sleep on his cot during night time. I put him down he make some noise with hand n leg movement eh eh ah ah then fall to sleep by himself. Morning to evening I will put him on the auto swing chair then he will sleep and snort, no choice lo, I got to take my afternoon nap on sofa chair, be a 厅长.

If your bb's long stretch is 9pm onwards, will u feed at 12mn?

I tried that last nite and he woke 3hrly... If I dun wake him, I MIGHT get 9-1am or 2am? Which is a longer stretch? I am also doing this last feed dream feed thing like u @piglet

When I bring bb out, he doesn't nap well even tho he is sleeping in the stroller or carrier. Back home he will concuss. I try to load him b4 he concuss so that I can get a good stretch at nite.

I think a 4hr stretch is good for me to feel human and alive. 2hrly makes me feel faint and zombified...

Anyone here has 2 or more kids and plans to get them to sleep tog in the same room?

Between 9pm to 7am, my baby tends to wake up for milk 2 times. Once at 1am/2am, 4am/5am. But last night the eyes went wide open at 5am! I spent a good 1hour plus to pacify baby and to clam down by resting baby on my breast while we sleep on the sofa. Wake up with backache.

Recently, my baby doesn't like to sleep alone. The little one enjoys body contact and bonding. Prefers to sleep when someone carries.

Once you place back to cot, the crying symphony starts. I was told that baby shouldn't be left crying too long. How ah? Should I harden my heart and just let baby cry it out? Afterall, baby will be tired eventually. If not, i will not have any time to do any household chores!
U can try to train him in the day time. Ensure feed, burp, diapers clean, carry until drowsy but not asleep then put him down in the cot for him to own self fall asleep. If cry let him cry it out for some duration. When they are tired they will eventually sleep...

But I noticed when they are agitated they dun fall asleep, they cry and heart beat very fast. If they drowsy they cry and will become feeble and fall asleep... My initial phase i let him cry it out for a few days...

If your bb's long stretch is 9pm onwards, will u feed at 12mn?

I tried that last nite and he woke 3hrly... If I dun wake him, I MIGHT get 9-1am or 2am? Which is a longer stretch? I am also doing this last feed dream feed thing like u @piglet

When I bring bb out, he doesn't nap well even tho he is sleeping in the stroller or carrier. Back home he will concuss. I try to load him b4 he concuss so that I can get a good stretch at nite.

I think a 4hr stretch is good for me to feel human and alive. 2hrly makes me feel faint and zombified...

Anyone here has 2 or more kids and plans to get them to sleep tog in the same room?
Me! Trying to get my elder to sleep in her own room and number 2 join her few months later when she can sleep longer stretch ad night, now 4 of us are sleeping in a room...which is not ideal as number 2 disturbs elder when she cries. But my big gal is not willing/ ready to shift out yet

How do you get your kids sleep in their own room?

Me! Trying to get my elder to sleep in her own room and number 2 join her few months later when she can sleep longer stretch ad night, now 4 of us are sleeping in a room...which is not ideal as number 2 disturbs elder when she cries. But my big gal is not willing/ ready to shift out yet

How do you get your kids sleep in their own room?

From birth my elder sleeps in his own room. My HB and I dun want to co-sleep or even in a cot beside the bed.

Now my elder sleeps on a single mattress in his room, no2 in a playpen cot in what used to be study room converted to his room + sofa bed for previous confinement lady. When no2 can STTN, I plan to shift him into elder's room.

Last nite i managed to put both kids to bed at the same time. Elder was very tired due to short nap, he doesn't want to stay in his room and kept going to didi's room where I was. So I carried didi to his room, latched didi there while kor kor doze off on his own... Didi also doze off so I exited the room to put didi down. Had 3-4hr peace to unwind.

Wanted to nap, but got distracted by PM Lee's fainting incident. Stayed up until 1230am dream feed...

Anybody practice co-sleeping with baby?

I did allow no1 to sleep with us for a couple of nights, it was bad bad sleep for both my HB and I... So for sanity sake, no co-sleeping for us...

I also tried allowing no1 to sleep on a mattress in our room (bcos he was recovering from bronchiolitis) and he woke up in the nite and climbed onto our bed. Cannot tahan so moved him back after a week.

One of us will sleep w him for him to doze off. When he sleeps we will exit the room. He might wake once in the night occasionally, so one of us will go over and lay with him again.

The rationale is that at least one of the parent get decent sleep... Co-sleeping both will get crappy sleep...

@Sa_rahhhh same problem. Deep sleep or not, the moment I place back in cot, the eyes auto open. And crying starts. I also wanna cry and bang my head when that happens haha

You can let him cry and let him realize he has to sleep in the cot? Training takes time so give urself 2-3 days, up to a week to see results...

Decide what you want to achieve and train him accordingly...

@piglet n candymoshi: if u dream feed your LO at 1230am, wat time is the last feed before that? And how much will be the dream feed be? Seems like a good idea to train LO with this dream feed. I juz afraid that my LO will be too tired and refused to drink.

@piglet n candymoshi: if u dream feed your LO at 1230am, wat time is the last feed before that? And how much will be the dream feed be? Seems like a good idea to train LO with this dream feed. I juz afraid that my LO will be too tired and refused to drink.
I try to make the "last feed" ard 11-12mn, following the book Babywise.

So if bb previous feed is at 8, then last feed 11pm-1130pm...

But I haven been successful bcos he has been cluster feeding in the evening... So from the time I put him down he can go 3-4hrs cos he tank up Liao...

Like last nite I fed him 7plus latch, 8plus ebm 50ml, latch at 9pm while putting no1 to bed... He didn't wake at 1230am so I fed him ebm and go to bed. He next woke at 330am, then 7am...

For those who sleep separate rooms, how do you get the cue on feed middle of the night?

My baby's room and my room's door is ajar and I sleep on the side closer to the door.

My no1 is a loud baby. So I can hear him in the other room. No2 is softer so I borrowed a baby monitor. Haven set it up but I can hear him so it is ok? Hahaha! Sometimes I wake b4 he does, like if he goes beyond 3hrs...

Oh maybe I should look for decaf.
Initially I didn't take any caffeine too...

But after I went back to work, I find that I cannot focus and occasionally dozing off. So when bb was 6mo I took tea in the morn. But I order teh po (more diluted) for the kick only. I observed no significant difference in bb's sleep habits...

Btw, I heard some tea has more caffeine than coffee lor... I go decaf sometimes too... Now I am surviving on Seasons Lemon Tea or coke for the caffeine fix... Still surviving...

While I take decaf..I crave for chocolates ..so been eating chocolate chips cookies, chocolate ice cream...there wld be caffeine

I'm usually a teh drinker, but I get the occasional coffee urge, and I do give in once in a while. So far, the caffeine has no significant effect on baby or milk supply.

@KWL - I co-sleep with baby. I resolved before she was born that I will train her to sleep in the cot, but I gave in after awhile as I found it easier to feed her i.e she eh eh a bit I will quickly latch her, no need to hobble to cot to get her when I'm half asleep. I've concluded that I'm a complete failure at sleep-training ... Will just let it be since it doesn't bother me very much. Think last night she slept through from 10 pm till 5.30 am, or maybe she did wake for a feed but I just forgot all about it since I sometimes latch her lying down n drift back to sleep while she drinks.

Wow I so envy those babies that can sleep for so long. When will it be my turn? All my kids sleep in the same room as me but I think it's better to make them sleep in seperate room since when my no. 2 cry, it will wakes up my baby.
However I tried once and ended up they wake up in the middle of the night and walk to my room. I think it's quite traumatizing for them to wake up without us and have to walk around the dark dark room to look for mummy. Maybe when I shift Hse in 1 yes plus time then i train them again.

Mummies do you buy any toys for the baby to play now? What are the toys ?
I did buy some toys which I shake it will have noise, so it can help to distract my baby when he cry.
ImageUploadedByForum1471859016.656606.jpg

Staying in CCK and able to look after babies to toddlers.

Have a baby on my own and earning quick bucks.

Per hour rate $8-$10 nego
Day care anytime before 8pm $800 per month
5 days n overnight care $1500 per month

Pm me for further discussion

A cup is ok.. So far I'm coping well.. Everyday one cup of coffee, bubble tea (earl grey milk tea from gong cha) at some days

Strangely my BM like not enough for no2? HB fed him at 415pm, I came back and latched him shortly b4 5pm to calm him down. He woke up Ard 6pm but I dragged to Abt 630pm. Now latching both side like empty alr. Usually one side is enough for him...

I think pumping is a way to rearrange our production to our babies needs... Like now low supply give ebm... Then midnight sleep longer need to pump....

I wonder how BF mothers from the olden days deal w supply n engorgement issues!!

Anyone w the same experience??

Strangely my BM like not enough for no2? HB fed him at 415pm, I came back and latched him shortly b4 5pm to calm him down. He woke up Ard 6pm but I dragged to Abt 630pm. Now latching both side like empty alr. Usually one side is enough for him...

I think pumping is a way to rearrange our production to our babies needs... Like now low supply give ebm... Then midnight sleep longer need to pump....

I wonder how BF mothers from the olden days deal w supply n engorgement issues!!

Usually I pump out after latching on.. Most of the time pump on the exact timing and the flow will be continuous

Hmmm I think I read his signals wrong. He just puke some curd on me. Maybe he is overfed. Or he was not properly burped in the previous feed so woke up in advance.. Sigh...

Recently LO seems to be willing to latch. However I am of the low supply type. If I were to pump every 3 hrs, maybe can reach 90ml or sometimes 100ml. So now since she is willing to latch, I'm juz wondering if she is getting enough bm from my breast. Eg. I pump out at 545pm and empty my breast le then at 730pm she seems cranky so I latch her. Since its before 3 hrs from my last pump, I wonder if my breast had made some milk for her to suck. Even if she did, she will be only taking one breast. In this case will she be full?

Hmmm I think I read his signals wrong. He just puke some curd on me. Maybe he is overfed. Or he was not properly burped in the previous feed so woke up in advance.. Sigh...
Ya, maybe he is juz feeling uncomfortable as there is air in his tummy. Have u started working?

Verluv u are not low supply la .. Haha I'm worse, if 3 hour pump only get 40ml, 5 hour pump can get 70ml, 8hour pump can get 90-100ml. Tried lactation cookie.. Doesn't work for me. Haha going to try fenugreek and mother's milk.

Recently LO seems to be willing to latch. However I am of the low supply type. If I were to pump every 3 hrs, maybe can reach 90ml or sometimes 100ml. So now since she is willing to latch, I'm juz wondering if she is getting enough bm from my breast. Eg. I pump out at 545pm and empty my breast le then at 730pm she seems cranky so I latch her. Since its before 3 hrs from my last pump, I wonder if my breast had made some milk for her to suck. Even if she did, she will be only taking one breast. In this case will she be full?
Did you feel any letdown? If u latch more, I believe your supply will gradually increase.

Candy - think we hv good days as well as not so good days, don't know if it's because of something we ate that caused the supply to drop. There was an occasion my no. 2 had fever, so I applied peppermint oil on her, shortly after, I found that my supply dipped significantly. Maybe you think back if there was anything in your recent meal(s) you may have reacted to?
Olden days got breast pump! I chanced upon an article with the different sorts of devices used by mothers to express milk.

How much does she take per 3hrly? If she takes 100ml then one breast might not be enough.

My observation, last time he latch then will stop so I will burp and put him down. My boob wld be sufficiently softened. But he is waking up b4 3hrs some times 1.5hr.

So nowadays I will offer the same breast after burping, which he still will suckle. After I do this I noticed he last more than 2.5hrs...

U can offer both breasts, change breasts after burp... Less than 3hrs but latching vs pumping cannot be like maths... Pump 100ml =/= latch 100ml

Verluv u are not low supply la .. Haha I'm worse, if 3 hour pump only get 40ml, 5 hour pump can get 70ml, 8hour pump can get 90-100ml. Tried lactation cookie.. Doesn't work for me. Haha going to try fenugreek and mother's milk.
I find mother's milk helps. I hardly pump, latch all the time so on days I try, I barely express 100 ml for one whole day. But on the rare occasions I need to leave baby with my mum for a few hours, I will take a few glasses of mother's milk two days before, and the following day I can squeeze out 3 bottles of 120 ml each on top of latching. Will also take oats for breakfast for that day to help boost. Haakaa pump really helps also. I use it when latching, can get a decent amount in a short time.

U tried using other pumps or flanges?? Try latching n topping up at the end to increase ur supply?

U tried using other pumps or flanges?? Try latching n topping up at the end to increase ur supply?
Tuna oh that's great, going to start on mother's milk tml :)

Didn't try other pump, I have two size of flanges 24mm and 27mm.. Both give same amount. I wondering is it becoz I did a surgery to remove breast lump about 8yrs ago .. Will this affect my supply ?

Me in low supply group too. Eat the lactation cookies until popped pimples. Doesn't work for me even I've finished one pack of milk makers. I've only started last night to make a pt to drink papaya soup regularly and then see how.

Today my gal is a sleepy pig (yesterday at inlaws place. Perhaps over stimulated by so many ppl there). I don't really wish to break her sleep so instead of usual about 8 feeds a day, she is getting 6 so far (if she does wakey before midnight I'll give her 7th but she seems to be in deep sleep liao). I shouldn't worry she is missing 2 feeds right?

Tuna oh that's great, going to start on mother's milk tml :)

Didn't try other pump, I have two size of flanges 24mm and 27mm.. Both give same amount. I wondering is it becoz I did a surgery to remove breast lump about 8yrs ago .. Will this affect my supply ?
I have a lump in my right breast, did an ultrasound just before delivery and it is tissue...but not sure coz of this growth, I hardly have breast milk from this boob.l.maybe 20ml after pumping 30mins..

Left Side is the one that provides all the feed to the baby

For toys so far i didn't buy any but using those from passdown and gifts. Mostly with rattling sound will catch her attention but very very short span only. She quite enjoys the cushiony playmat with hanging soft toys. But again, not too long as she still prefers to be carried.

Her new milestone since days ago is she is making baby sounds. It's cute with the cooing.

Anyone suffers from 妈妈手? I didn't know got this term until I was chatting with a mummy. Wrist pain mainly from carrying baby too much. Now everything I do (even brushing teeth) is pain. Hope it will go away soon.

Emk, so how do you feed your bb? I mean as I also have low milk supply, and I can't pump regularly alone at home, and also bb is not a good/long latcher, I try my best to express and feed ebm in the day. At night then give fm. But most days also have to give some fm feed in the day.

Typically I can pump only every 4-5hrs when baby is cooperative. Else that will be extended.

Redvel: I had wrist pain when i have my no.1 n I went for acupuncture. I din know that was 妈妈手.. Anyway it did went off after that but I'm not too sure if it's juz went away or its due to the acupuncture

Back