2016/07 July babies

Dunno is the bursing tea that I'm taking or I am pumping at 3-4 hrly.. Think my supply increase le. For the past 2 days that I'm not taking the tea and pumping 5hrly, my supply drop quite a bit.. Or is it my mind that is playing the trick?
Haiz.. Seems like I have no choice but to pump more frequently and to take the nursing tea daily.

I must have tired out no2... From 1130pm last fed until now, he hasn't wake up. Tho he made some eh eh sound Ard 3am which woke me up. Pumped and waiting for him to wake...

Mummy was tired as well, as bb cannot sleep in the stroller. Carrier him to nap. A lot of stimulation in music, lights and preacher talking...

I must have tired out no2... From 1130pm last fed until now, he hasn't wake up. Tho he made some eh eh sound Ard 3am which woke me up. Pumped and waiting for him to wake...

Mummy was tired as well, as bb cannot sleep in the stroller. Carrier him to nap. A lot of stimulation in music, lights and preacher talking...
They must be tired during the day. Mine also last feed 10pm. I waited until 1am. Didn't make cry for milk until almost 3am.

Mummy is it too much stimulation that make baby can't sleep. Me after 6pm don't do that. Just shower, feed, carry /put in rocker. Rocker awhile. Mine will sleep. Carry to the room by 10pm after my nos.1 sleep.

Mine was also fussing all the way from 7+ till 10+ and finally got to sleep at 11pm after coaxing. Same case. Baby simply knocked out with very few feeds throughout he night. I just do side latching but baby also cannot be bothered to drink a lot. Prefers to sleep.

Mine was bothered by gas, she kept fussing after the feed at 2 am...straining to fart, spitting milk

Think need to give rid wind....do I need dr prescription for this?

Mine was also fussing all the way from 7+ till 10+ and finally got to sleep at 11pm after coaxing. Same case. Baby simply knocked out with very few feeds throughout he night. I just do side latching but baby also cannot be bothered to drink a lot. Prefers to sleep.
Hopefully that means she will drop the night feedings soon! Jiayou!

Mine was bothered by gas, she kept fussing after the feed at 2 am...straining to fart, spitting milk

Think need to give rid wind....do I need dr prescription for this?
No need prescripttion. Can just go any pharmacy to buy. Is call rid wind the packaging is blue in color with a baby face. Give 0.2ml per feed abt 4x per day for a start. 0.2ml is abt 4drops.

Mummy may I check do you all steam the breast pump parts after every pump. I find it every tiring pump wash steam. Is it necessary or I can just used the sterilized bottles is good enough?

Mummy may I check do you all steam the breast pump parts after every pump. I find it every tiring pump wash steam. Is it necessary or I can just used the sterilized bottles is good enough?

With my no1 I wash after every pump... As no1 grew older, I stop doing it every pump. I heard can put into ziplock bag and put into fridge and reuse, wash n sterilize once a day...

With no2, I have been practicing the ziplock method. I think it's up to ur comfort level abt the hygiene level.

With my no1 I wash after every pump... As no1 grew older, I stop doing it every pump. I heard can put into ziplock bag and put into fridge and reuse, wash n sterilize once a day...

With no2, I have been practicing the ziplock method. I think it's up to ur comfort level abt the hygiene level.
U mean u pump n put in ziplock n put in the fridge?

I wash and sterilize everytime. But I'll do that together with the milk bottles. So each time I sterilize, it will be full load. But quite shag cause gotta wash a lot of things at one go

Me wash pump after every 3-4 pumps. Keep in fridge in ziplock. The parts that touch my boobs will be rinse with hot water first prior to keeping.

So far rinsing with hot water has no issue for me. I'm alone at home in the day and washing everything to be ready for next pump is mission impossible.

Back to leftover ebm at each feed. Sometimes left 10ml or so that she just can't drink anymore. Every drop is precious so I keep them in fridge. After few rounds of leftover which I collected, I pour inside the small pail where I wipe her down with in the evening. Milk bath.

I were thinking wash every time I pump but don't need to sterilize (steam). Can right.
I wash n steam sterilize after each pump but if you read the instruction for breast pump or google on this, the Ang mo website didn't recommend sterilise after every pump. It always says wash in warm soapy water n dry

So far rinsing with hot water has no issue for me. I'm alone at home in the day and washing everything to be ready for next pump is mission impossible.

Back to leftover ebm at each feed. Sometimes left 10ml or so that she just can't drink anymore. Every drop is precious so I keep them in fridge. After few rounds of leftover which I collected, I pour inside the small pail where I wipe her down with in the evening. Milk bath.
Will the skin feel sticky after wipe? I now keep left over n feed her in next feed

I were thinking wash every time I pump but don't need to sterilize (steam). Can right.
I didn't sterilizer, I only wash and soak in warm water and air dry it after every pump. Frequent sterilize it the plastic will get harden.

I will wash my pump after 2-3 use. And after each pump, I will put in ziplock bag and put in the fridge. After I take them out from the fridge I will rinse with hot water before use.
As for the leftover milk, I will put it in warmer snd try to feed the baby in the day time. In the night I will keep it back in the fridge and use it on the next feed.. Not willing to discard them as its soooooo precious.

When is a good time to bring baby out? Which week onwards? Any rationale?
Actually after confinement, anytime u can bring baby out. Depend on how confident or your comfort level. I have brought baby out for his medical appt then shopping whole day for abt 3x. Yet to try baby with my nos.1 out for meal togather. Baby still young I avoid very crowded places

I drive too. Put baby in car. When baby cry, is a no no to carry in car. Just talk talk calm them down. Even hungry, I bottle feed also no carry. Safety first. Outside I put in pram so that when they are heavier & older. They can sit in pram n see see look look ard. Self entertains. Is all abt letting them get use to it. Otherwise u Everytime need to carry them even in car. I saw many cases carry in car when they older refuse to sit in car seat. Very dangerous. Monkey jump in car Lo.

I am thinking of driving baby out. But I am scared that baby will wail while driving.
Oh yes, u guys put baby in pram? Or baby sling? Or hand carry?

It's ok for bb to cry abit. But should not let them cry for long distance. Try music in the car or dangling toy in the seat. Ensure he is not due for a feed? No wet/dirty diaper.

Sit in stroller if possible.

BB carrier if stroller is not convenient like no ramp or slopes. Crowded places (like when I was in BKK stroller is not useful).

And insist on using car seat when young bcos safety is top priority. U have to train, even if they cry... U r the parent, they obey u...

Today we officially took bb out on our old routine which is to hawker Centre for our breakie on a Saturday. Trial run. Just makan, la kopi and return home.

Safety first I agree. And can't agree further on starting young. Put her in newborn carrier strapped down in car. Usually will yiyieheh the moment put into the seat but when the car moves, she sleeps well. Brought along the stroller where the carrier can be fixed onto it. She slept half the time while we makan.

I sit next to her at the backseat. When she is bigger when I understand her ride pattern more, I will return to front pax seat.

Not confident to drive her just me and her for now. But I'm sure there will come one day I'll have that to be more mobile.

I'm struggling with the sling. Use only short time at home and I find it so hot while wearing it. I'm also given the Hanawrap but haven't got around to learn to use it yet. Hope it's more friendly. Anyone using Hanawrap ?

I'm struggling with the sling. Use only short time at home and I find it so hot while wearing it. I'm also given the Hanawrap but haven't got around to learn to use it yet. Hope it's more friendly. Anyone using Hanawrap ?

I also have a ring baby sling, but find that it's hot to wear at home, unless I bring baby out to air con place then will be slightly more comfortable.

Still trying to get use to using it also, sometimes cannot position baby well then he will eh eh one o_O

Hi mummies, did u apply baby lotion on your baby skin? I still can't decide to apply it or not as my baby skin not dry and don't want to explore him to chemical product.

Hi mummies, did u apply baby lotion on your baby skin? I still can't decide to apply it or not as my baby skin not dry and don't want to explore him to chemical product.

Yes I do apply some baby lotion after every bath even though his skin is not dry. I used the lotion given by Thomson Medical, very light and not sticky when applied on. So far so good :)

I did purchase two tubes sebamed before her arrival but decided not to use since it still has some form of chemical. Even bath time has no soap in it. Till 6mths then I will include.

I didn't apply any lotion. But baby have rashes on the face n neck until the skin very dry. I apply nipple cream ( pure lanolin). It works on my baby face. Recovered the next day. Rashes sub a lot n skin not dry. Smooth smooth Liao. I applied like once a wk or when I find his skin very dry.

Hi mommies who had confinement lady during the 1st month, can I check what is the market rate for Ang Bao to give the CL at the end of the 1st month?

Hi mommies who had confinement lady during the 1st month, can I check what is the market rate for Ang Bao to give the CL at the end of the 1st month?

For the closing ang Bao I don't really follow the market rate, rather on her service during the whole month. If you are happy with her, then you might want to give more :)

Piglet02, oh didn't know nipples cream can be use for rashes too haha great
Redvel /sa_rahhhh I got sabamed lotion too, think will on hold to it. Only apply if needed.

Piglet02, oh didn't know nipples cream can be use for rashes too haha great
Redvel /sa_rahhhh I got sabamed lotion too, think will on hold to it. Only apply if needed.
Didn't want to expose to chemical so early. If nipple cream is use on our breast n no need to clean it of before latching. That is should be safe right. Wouldn't cause any allergy I think. Nipple cream is made of lanolin (sheep oil).

I want to dream feed my baby @12am. Just nice he due for feeding too. Make FM for him. He refuse to open his mouth. What to do with a bottle of FM I touch. How to train him to sleep longer until Tmr morning ard 6am. Hai

I bought my baby out after the confinement too. Hand carry her as I always lazy to bring stroller out. Actually it's really good to have stroller as I always see my bro putting his LO in the stroller and they dun need to carry while shopping. But I find that stroller really troublesome and clumsy Coz heavy n bulky. But I think it's Coz I'm lazy la. I always tell myself that I will train them to take the stroller but I fail for the first 2. Haha.. Lousy me!

I bought my baby out after the confinement too. Hand carry her as I always lazy to bring stroller out. Actually it's really good to have stroller as I always see my bro putting his LO in the stroller and they dun need to carry while shopping. But I find that stroller really troublesome and clumsy Coz heavy n bulky. But I think it's Coz I'm lazy la. I always tell myself that I will train them to take the stroller but I fail for the first 2. Haha.. Lousy me!

I brought the little one out to supermarket yesterday. We managed to do so successfully using a stroller. Baby is asleep most of the time. Not as bad as I imagined - baby wailing in public for milk. We were able to shop at our own pace and leisurely before heading home 2hr later.

The moment we reached home, baby's eyes opened immediately. I can't help it, but WOW!

Do your baby get fussy after back from shopping? I brought mine out for shopping twice and he get extremely fussy after we back home and next day too. So I a bit scare to bring him out now haha

I brought the little one out to supermarket yesterday. We managed to do so successfully using a stroller. Baby is asleep most of the time. Not as bad as I imagined - baby wailing in public for milk. We were able to shop at our own pace and leisurely before heading home 2hr later.

The moment we reached home, baby's eyes opened immediately. I can't help it, but WOW!
Lucky you ! Mine was fussing for milk just one hour after a bottle of 90mk! I didn't bring extra!! So I have to try latch her in the car at the carpark as I can't find nursing room in j8 after failing to pacify her after 1/2 hr in the restUrant ....didn't expect her to be hungry so fast!

I want to dream feed my baby @12am. Just nice he due for feeding too. Make FM for him. He refuse to open his mouth. What to do with a bottle of FM I touch. How to train him to sleep longer until Tmr morning ard 6am. Hai
Can only keep fm up to 1 hr, after that must discard

Normally if I were to bring her out, she will be in my arms.. So she can really sleep and forget abt her feeding time. Like juz now, she had her last feed at 2pm n is supposed to drink at 5pm. But she din fuss at all. But at 630pm I juz gave her the milk since I'm seated down at the restaurant after my dinner. She is well asleep till the moment I reached home n put her in her cot!

And dunno how come she can be so punctual in the night waking up n crying for milk! Still no sign of sleeping thru the night at all!! Hopefully she can do so n I can sleep throughout the nite too!

So far my bb sleeps when we're out with the motion of moving. Last night we did go out past her sleeping time of 9pm. Got home 1030pm with the late cleaning her up and soothing her to sleep. next day which is today she has been super tired in the morning and drank very little. But resumed her usual self from afternoon. Next time I will try to avoid coming home too much later.
But usually, she doesn't fuss after couple of hours out.

So far she can dong 5-6hrs from last night feed. If feed 9pm, will wakey 2-3am. Last night fed at almost 12am, she wakes st 5am to drink. Usually this drink is more like 20-30ml more kind.

My bb timing not so right haha the long stretch fall on the wrong period.he will sleep from 8:30pm to 1:30am, after that every 2 hourly ask for milk. 3:30am, 5:30am sigh ..

Back