2016/07 July babies

Is your bb latching well? If not, regular pumping to send signal to brain can help bring in the milk. I pump 3hrly with my no1... Milk come in ard day 5...

Some tips: massage ur breasts between ur palms. Up down rub, and left right rub... Then press from base of breast toward nipple. U should see milk droplets? Then pinch/hand express a few times to clear the ducts... Pump for 15mins, rest and massage for a while, pump another 5mins to make one session... Jiayou Jiayou!!!!!!!
Yea my bb can latch well now. Today my nipple finally recover and I latch him, not hurting at all. Thanks for the tips, will try it later.

Congrats Tuna and starview!! So I think really left a few haven popped yet..
For me, my bm supply seems to decrease a bit.. Maybe I haven been pumping regularly but I'm juz too lazy and tired. Suppose to sun bathe my bb but din do so for the past 2 days. I will do my best from tonight onwards. Wake up regularly to pump!! Haha

3.5hrs is very good. My boy barely last 3hrs. Sometimes he screams b4 3hrs is up...
I just jinx it. She drank 90ml ebm, poop a lot, don't wanna sleep. Then let her latch half hour. Poop again. Eyes opened big big still. Then have to break my pump routine to give her 40ml ebm. Don't know how many diapers being changed in the last 2hrs. I can see I may pull my hair when CL leaves.

I just jinx it. She drank 90ml ebm, poop a lot, don't wanna sleep. Then let her latch half hour. Poop again. Eyes opened big big still. Then have to break my pump routine to give her 40ml ebm. Don't know how many diapers being changed in the last 2hrs. I can see I may pull my hair when CL leaves.
Mine has been having her eyes big big for the last 2 nights 1am to 4 am

Whenever she had milk and still have her eyes big big, my hubby will suggest giving fm. Juz now 2 hrs after feed, she started crying n open her eyes big big. So my hubby made her 80ml of fm n she poop after that n now in the next room sleeping while I'm doing my pump.

Dear Mummies,

I just gave birth about a week ago, and baby has G6PD deficiency which causes his jaundice level to be high. He had to stay back in hospital to do phototherapy. Finally after 7 days, he was discharged and home sweet home.

But I'm still worried about his jaundice level any recommendations on how to keep his jaundice level low and stable? TIA!

Dear Mummies,

I just gave birth about a week ago, and baby has G6PD deficiency which causes his jaundice level to be high. He had to stay back in hospital to do phototherapy. Finally after 7 days, he was discharged and home sweet home.

But I'm still worried about his jaundice level any recommendations on how to keep his jaundice level low and stable? TIA!
That's a long stay and glad bb is back home.

My nanny suntan mine daily after discharge. 8-10am sun only. About 10mins. Make sure her eyes are covered if theres direct sun on her face. After the tan, give her milk as she may be a bit dehydrated.

For your food intake, cut down on ginger. Maybe some more food needs to cut down, but that's all I know for now.

My bb 12days old. I having a hard time to burp after feeding. At hospital is so easy. At home is different story. What brand of FM are u giving to ur Lo? I give similac since like my Lo unable to digest. Wee a lot. Poo little. Jaundice still quite high. Done sun tan too.

That's a long stay and glad bb is back home.

My nanny suntan mine daily after discharge. 8-10am sun only. About 10mins. Make sure her eyes are covered if theres direct sun on her face. After the tan, give her milk as she may be a bit dehydrated.

For your food intake, cut down on ginger. Maybe some more food needs to cut down, but that's all I know for now.

Thanks! :) Yup, my CL will bring him out for a short suntanning.

Right now I just eat the food cook with ginger, but not the ginger itself. Hopefully it will not affect baby too much. Was thinking to feed him just FM, so that can eliminate the BM jaundice factor. Meantime just pump out and store first.

Dear Mummies,

What is the jaundice level now? Do h need to go back to do blood test again?

Previously w my no1, he had severe jaundice and I battled with it for 12w. PD only advised to ensure intake of milk, Pee and poo.

So I continued giving ebm (he was poor latcher, doesn't take much milk when latching), so ebm I can enforce and "force feed" him the 80ml that PD advised. I sun him alternate days (cos I lazy) in the morn sun. He hates it. Wake him up 3hrly so as to give ebm... Cut ginger and alcohol from confinement food.

I'm not sure if this ginger/alcohol thing will affect g6pd cos mine seems to be bm jaundice. Did liver test, thank God nothing wrong w liver, just slowly slowly wait for his body to mature and deal w the bilirubin!

Candymoshi, I tried out your massage method and manage to pump slightly more, will keep doing it. Btw how long it take for u all to pump out 50ml?

What do u mean by how long?

At day 4, I have Abt 60ml per pump...

Now I have 140-160ml per pump (10mins), so maybe 4mins to get 50ml?

Is that what u are asking?

My bb 12days old. I having a hard time to burp after feeding. At hospital is so easy. At home is different story. What brand of FM are u giving to ur Lo? I give similac since like my Lo unable to digest. Wee a lot. Poo little. Jaundice still quite high. Done sun tan too.

Poo little Shld mean that the fm is well digested right? When I feed ebm, watery stools. When feed fm, he got more poo, means less digested/absorption?

I gave my LO Mamil cos he was given Mamil in the hospital (jaundice). Back home we gave him similac but he rejects after 30ml. So takes full ebm...

No2 takes Mamil for first few days now full ebm as well... :)

You champion :). Half hour I only got 90ml plus minus. Maybe my pump is weak?? Using medela freestyle.

Hi mine also on similac but now mostly on ebm. She also wee more than she poo... Need to bring her back for review again this Thursday.

Who is you PD?

What pump are u using?? 10 mins is very fast...mine is like 40 mins for 120

I have a problem,..mine seems like only left side has milk, right side...no matter how I pump only 20ml.....and now my left boob is bigger than my right.....

@redvel @gan1972

I am using Medela PISA, it's a double pump, so mayb it halves the time compared to single? This is also after 4hr no latch/pump. I am also ending my 3rd week Liao, supply kick in Liao ba.

I do abit of massaging and hand expressing b4 I pump to clear to ducts. When pump, I also do breast compressions bcos I am impatient like dat haha!

When I do breast compressions I can see the milk squirting out, quite shiok. Cannot tahan if pumping takes too long, not sustainable for me in the long run...

Last edited:
I have a problem,..mine seems like only left side has milk, right side...no matter how I pump only 20ml.....and now my left boob is bigger than my right.....

Do u have block ducts/lumps in the right breast?

Might need massage to help clear the blockage.

If notblockage, mayb u can try to stimulate by power pumping your right breast only. Stimulate more, more supply mah? Alternatively, get BB to latch on the right!

I also have uneven breast size after my 2nd one.. Now I try to pump more on the smaller breast and it is still producing lesser milk.. No choice can't rectify it..
Candymoshi: wow I really think you have great milk supply. Even though this is my third and supposedly yielding me more supply, but I think it's gene..
Now that my 2nd one is down with flu and cough, I am very worried that it will spread to my nb.. It's very difficult to separate them n hopefully my girl recovers soon.
Last night my BB wakes up more punctually for milk.. Every 3 hrs she will cry for milk.. At least for the past few nights, sometimes she can tong for 4 hrs before crying for milk.
She is still having jaundice but I dunno her level since I Nvr bring her to any pd or polyclinic.
By the way are your bb poo more solidified now? It's seems like my bb does not poo watery poo now.. Is that normal?

I also have uneven breast size after my 2nd one.. Now I try to pump more on the smaller breast and it is still producing lesser milk.. No choice can't rectify it..
Candymoshi: wow I really think you have great milk supply. Even though this is my third and supposedly yielding me more supply, but I think it's gene..
Now that my 2nd one is down with flu and cough, I am very worried that it will spread to my nb.. It's very difficult to separate them n hopefully my girl recovers soon.
Last night my BB wakes up more punctually for milk.. Every 3 hrs she will cry for milk.. At least for the past few nights, sometimes she can tong for 4 hrs before crying for milk.
She is still having jaundice but I dunno her level since I Nvr bring her to any pd or polyclinic.
By the way are your bb poo more solidified now? It's seems like my bb does not poo watery poo now.. Is that normal?
Mine still watery poo...this uneven size is permanent?? Mine is like 2 cup diff...damn ugly

Do u have block ducts/lumps in the right breast?

Might need massage to help clear the blockage.

If notblockage, mayb u can try to stimulate by power pumping your right breast only. Stimulate more, more supply mah? Alternatively, get BB to latch on the right!
I have lumps on my right side....even before delivery, during my late stage of pregnancy. Did ultrasound, it is breast tissue....how do you massage to unblock? Need to engage someone to do the massage?

I have lumps on my right side....even before delivery, during my late stage of pregnancy. Did ultrasound, it is breast tissue....how do you massage to unblock? Need to engage someone to do the massage?

I duno what to do with breast tissue? I thot lumps = block milk ducts. Milk ducts Massage Theraphist can help to unblock... But very painful lah...

Today I just have to deal with blocked ducts. Hate it when I have to wear bra! (TMI!!) Last nite to this morning 3 pumps still cannot clear. Just now got LO to latch, soften abit Liao. Mayb latch once more to clear, hopefully!!

Haha yes that's what I asking. Haha Coz I get less than 10ml for 45mins :p

Hi mine also on similac but now mostly on ebm. She also wee more than she poo... Need to bring her back for review again this Thursday.

Who is you PD?
Tmr have to bring my boy back to polyclinic for jaundice. Last measure his level 180 on sat. Hopefully can come down somemore. He have other issues follow up at Kkh. Not with any PD yet

Today saw paedi. My bb jaundice is much under control now. She has gained some weight to 3.2kg at 12-day old.

Anyone doing 6-in-1 vaccine? If I'm not wrong, 5-in-1 is free at polyclinic? (According to this site)
ImageUploadedByForum1468302203.082711.jpg

What is the jaundice level now? Do h need to go back to do blood test again?

Previously w my no1, he had severe jaundice and I battled with it for 12w. PD only advised to ensure intake of milk, Pee and poo.

So I continued giving ebm (he was poor latcher, doesn't take much milk when latching), so ebm I can enforce and "force feed" him the 80ml that PD advised. I sun him alternate days (cos I lazy) in the morn sun. He hates it. Wake him up 3hrly so as to give ebm... Cut ginger and alcohol from confinement food.

I'm not sure if this ginger/alcohol thing will affect g6pd cos mine seems to be bm jaundice. Did liver test, thank God nothing wrong w liver, just slowly slowly wait for his body to mature and deal w the bilirubin!

Just went to the Polyclinic to do his blood test, result came back to be 160. I decided to go on FM for now because my CL cooks my meals with Ginger and the rice wine. Not sure whether the BM have any effect on his jaundice but I thought might be good to remove this factor for now.

Meanwhile will just pump milk and store for him.

Have problems pumping on my left breast, should be due to block ducts! Can't even pump out 30ml LO latch and help, but I think he's using a lot of energy just to suck the milk out

How about the 6th? I believe it's for hepB second shot. Do you know how much is it at polyclinic?

6-in-1 is $120 at poly. Cheaper than my PD, $150... Previously my no1 has jaundice so I didn't do any vaccination (hepB is a liver disease so might get full blown if we do hepB jab with jaundice)...

I did 6in1, rotarix and Pneumococcal at PD for $500 at 3mo... Cos need to put into IFC so I feel safer to have him vaccinated...

Actually in polyclinic they do all injection. It is not that if u take 5 in one, you will not lose out on one injection. It is juz that instead of the usual 3 Jab or so for 5 in. 1, you will still need to take an extra jab that makes up the six. The bb will need to go back to the clinic again to take the last jab. Normally people will take 6-1 Coz they can save one more trip to the clinic and also save their bb from one more time of crying. But the convenience will come with a cost of the 6-1 jab la.
I took all 5-1 for all my kids and will most likely do so for this bb too. For pneumococcal, I will give my bb when she reaches 2 so that she only need to take once instead of 3 if she is to take before 1 yrs old. For mine, since she will be staying at home till 3 before going to sch, I think it's ok. Unless u r sending your Bb to infant care or childcare earlier, then it is advisable to take earlier. So far I haven immune my 3 against chickenpox and this is something I want to do it together for the 3 of them.

Mine still watery poo...this uneven size is permanent?? Mine is like 2 cup diff...damn ugly
I think it's quite permanent leh.. I mean this is so far I can see from my breast la. After the 2nd one, I realized that one of my breast is smaller. Now that I'm breastfeeding, though both my boobs grow in size, they are still imbalance. I also yield lesser from the smaller boob. Now what I did is to do power pump on the smaller one and hopefully it will have more milk supply and thus grow bigger to catch with the other boob.. Haha..

I just got brown spotting, tummy feel a bit hard and tight... 37W1D
Feeling nervous now! Continue monitor?

Monitor for mucus plug and time your contractions...

I had brown discharge for my no1 at 5am and mucus plug discharge at 7am. Contractions at regular intervals.

If u change position and no more contractions that wld be Braxton Hicks. If regular contractions then need to admit when intervals is close like 5mins per contractions...

Can't recall who talked about yang shifu too on naming. I've just met him. So it takes about 1w plus to come back.

I just got brown spotting, tummy feel a bit hard and tight... 37W1D
Feeling nervous now! Continue monitor?
Yea continue to monitor till u feel the contraction or bloody show. I got brow spotting for three days and finally feel the contraction and bloody show come.

Correct, my bb has no birth cert. Zero identity :p ICA says to register within 14days. But have up to 42 days I think. Else need to explain why late for registration.

As for Yang Shifu, I find abit hard to understand what he is talking. Got some speech issue. Likely he can't speak English (if you ladies are more comfy with English). I find the whole experience so so la. But ultimately we get the name choices. He gave 5 characters each. Meaning 5 x 5 = 25 permutation. We have decided on one and will go ICA tmr.

Correct, my bb has no birth cert. Zero identity :p ICA says to register within 14days. But have up to 42 days I think. Else need to explain why late for registration.

As for Yang Shifu, I find abit hard to understand what he is talking. Got some speech issue. Likely he can't speak English (if you ladies are more comfy with English). I find the whole experience so so la. But ultimately we get the name choices. He gave 5 characters each. Meaning 5 x 5 = 25 permutation. We have decided on one and will go ICA tmr.
Redvel think can still do the birth cert at the hospital u which u delivered. I did mine at TMC yesterday

Mount A cost $42, ICA $18...

I guess doing it at the delivery hospital is convenient if u r there. If u r discharged, ICA is more affordable and equally convenient ba...

Hassle free if done when I popped at GlenE indeed. But we had to wait anxiously for the calculated name so might as well go ICA now instead.

Weather is so hot lately that my bb develops some rashes on her neck. CL uses rice water to clean and it seems to help bit by bit. Of course letting her cool down in Aircon room also helps.

Hi mummies, today is day 4 and i have engorgement. It is painful cos breast is hard & bb can't latch well & can only suckle thru nipples. Now i have sore nipples Does regular pumping & applying hot towel helps to soften the breast for bf?

Back