2016/07 July babies

Oh yes I think the confinement food might be too heart for hubby. Your CL is good that she will be cooking seperately for you n your hubby.. Most CL won't do it.
As for pump, I'm using spectra which is a new pump. I use the massage function for 1 min n express for 5 mins then switch side.. Total pump time on 22 mins.. May I know how long do u all pump?? I tried longer than that but nth come out le

I use a 2nd Medela PISA double pump now. 10mins duration. B4 pump massage both breasts and do abit of hand expression to clear the ducts. Then pump. After pump I will do some hand expressions too... 4hrly. I aim to go to 6hrly ard 4 to 6 weeks.

I use a spectra m1 which also can be double pump at work. Much lighter than PISA! I pump 15mins 6hrly for my no1.

10mins I get ard 2 let downs...

To increase supply, u can try power pumping.

My version of power pumping:
Pump 10mins as usual
Rest and massage for 2-3mins
Pump another 5mins...

U shld get another let down...

Redvel when u use the 'let down' the button with water droplet ?

Moshicandy look like hot towel method sound good. Later I go try out. Haha I can feel some lump into and get my husband to massage for me last night to soften it. And this morning I still can see some lump again. Is it normal ?

It will take 2-3 cycles to soften. Ask ur HB to rub the lump under ur armpits. And all the lumps ard the breasts in circular motion... It should soften soon! :)

Emk I never used the droplet function leh. Just press the preset woman figure function. It is set at half hour.

Verluv, oh like very short your pump time. Mine pump two boobs at same time. Half hour. Yearn 70ml as per this morning with about 5hrs from last pump.

I'm looking at Preloved co sleeper / bassinet. After CL leaves, I will have my bb in my room in her own space.

Any thing i should look out for when hunting for one? I can't use the baby cot in my room as there's just no space for one. A small side co sleep cot will have to do.

Candymoshi: wah you have 2 let down within 10 mins? That's super good. I have a frien who had very good milk supply also tell me she can have 2 let down per pump.. I still not seeing let down yet and wonder when it will happen..
Redvel: this is your no. 1 and I think your milk supply also very good. I remember my no.1 milk supply was very bad... This is my 3rd one so milk supply better..

Definitely bottle feeding is faster.. But then u have to pump then bottle feed so it may take longer than juz latching the bb.
Sometimes when I'm too tired in the night, I will juz try to latch her. But my bb very difficult to latch.. I had to fight with her for abt 15 mins and sometimes half an hr before she really want to suckle..
But really pumping is tiring... I wish I have a device that can juz pour out the milk in my breast.. Hahha

Wah Verluv, 15 mins is a long period of time.. I only find direct latching & bf are tiring as my bb always dozed off and I remember I almost dozed off with my nipple in her mouth for almost an hour.. I have used an electric pump to pump out so that my CL can feed her in the night. Usually, I will bf her in the daytime.

Gwenk same here, I also end up in emergency c sec.. U have longer time frame to wait for dilation than me. Feel so emotional...
3am - feel the contraction
5am - admitted to hospital with 2cm dilation and contraction every 2 min
6am- took epidural
7:30am - 3cm dilation, gynae break my water bag
10:30am - 6cm dilation
11am- 6cm dilation, gynae said baby heart beat drop, ask to us to decide want to do c sec or wait, we decided to wait.
11:15am, gynae come and check still 6cm
11:30am, gynae come and check still 6cm
I'm getting very stressed when I see my gynae come in to check my dilation.
11:45am, gynae come again to check and said still 6cm and I feel so stressed then my baby heart beat suddenly drop again and gynae ask again ' c sec ?' .. Look like I got no choice since baby heart beat drop infront of my gynae .. Give up and do c sec .. I wondering why some gynae can wait 10-12 hours or even longer before go c sec but my gynae only let me wait 6hours :(

We are almost in the same situation except that the waiting time is shorter. Think it's due to bb heartbeat. My bb heartbeat is very strong, only for another 6-7 hours after they break the waterbag, after my bb heartbeat dropped the 2nd time, then they advised me to c sect. I remember when I tried to push, I can feel my bb went further down. But they told me it's still the same, at most I have dilated to 8cm. I think I have slept through during epidural and also the first time.
I almost break down but they said cannot cry, otherwise, nose will be blocked.. I am wondering if only I allowed them to break waterbag at much later.. Will they be a chance to push..

Candymoshi: wah you have 2 let down within 10 mins? That's super good. I have a frien who had very good milk supply also tell me she can have 2 let down per pump.. I still not seeing let down yet and wonder when it will happen..
Redvel: this is your no. 1 and I think your milk supply also very good. I remember my no.1 milk supply was very bad... This is my 3rd one so milk supply better..

Can I know what's the meaning of "let down" ?

My BM supply is good but really can't catch up with my bb demand. My CL says she has a rather big appetite. With fm, then she can sleep for 3-4hrs straight. With latching, she is very restless and wants milk every hour.

We are almost in the same situation except that the waiting time is shorter. Think it's due to bb heartbeat. My bb heartbeat is very strong, only for another 6-7 hours after they break the waterbag, after my bb heartbeat dropped the 2nd time, then they advised me to c sect. I remember when I tried to push, I can feel my bb went further down. But they told me it's still the same, at most I have dilated to 8cm. I think I have slept through during epidural and also the first time.
I almost break down but they said cannot cry, otherwise, nose will be blocked.. I am wondering if only I allowed them to break waterbag at much later.. Will they be a chance to push..
Gwenk ... I know how you feel, I felt the same too. Sigh we were so unluckily that we didn't get a pro natural gynae.

Gwenk ... I know how you feel, I felt the same too. Sigh we were so unluckily that we didn't get a pro natural gynae.
Hi don't think about the birth process ...most impt baby is well and enjoy the bonding now

I have also wanted to do natural this time round but was not given a choice ... But most impt baby is well

Oh, and with regards to bb w jaundice. Just keep them fed and watered, monitor their diaper output, bring them for regular checkup and phototherapy if needed. Suntanning not recommended due to risk of overheating outweighing benefits of sun's UV strength, as cited by KKH website. I also kanchiong abt jaundice cos my 2 siblings and I had it, and read that if bb blood type different from parent, also higher jaundice, some more plan to bf and bf jaundice seems inevitable :(
Snow fern my gal jaundice is because of different blood group from me..she is A and I m O

If u r not an o, shld be ok

Oh yes I think the confinement food might be too heart for hubby. Your CL is good that she will be cooking seperately for you n your hubby.. Most CL won't do it.
As for pump, I'm using spectra which is a new pump. I use the massage function for 1 min n express for 5 mins then switch side.. Total pump time on 22 mins.. May I know how long do u all pump?? I tried longer than that but nth come out le
Verluv I am using spectra M1.... I spend 40mins!?

Which is express function ?

I don't do double pump as find it not strong

So you sterilize the spectra after every use?

Oh is it a scientific thing that different blood group among mommy and bb may result higher chance of jaundice? Me A and bb is B.

@gan1972 oh I am O+ hubby is B+ , so 1/2 chance she will be different from me (his mum is O+)... so depends on grandparents blood type also...

@redvel I also didn't know but jaundice is a hot topic in the fb groups, many gynaes told the Mummies abt the higher incidence and severity of jaundice being correlated to diff in mum and bub blood group...

My baby and me same blood type o but he still got jaundice. My nanny bring him to sun bath in the morning and hopefully can get better.

Gan yea Im focus on the bf now, today get the massage lady to massage my breast and I can see my milk flowing out but when I try to pump, nothing come out and cause bleeding. Sigh big challenge on bf.

I dunno which model I'm using and I will check tmr morning Coz this is a gift from my brothers. But I din sterilize every time. I will wash every time and use boiling water to pour over it each time I use. I will only sterilize in the night once.
Today my bb is super cranky.. Oh no... She woke up for milk and we tried to put her back to sleep. But after a while she will cry and we have to carry her.. After she sleeps in our arms, we will put her back to sleep and then she will cry again. Think this last for the past 3-4 hrs Liao.. She is finally sleeping now and I hope she will let us rest for a few hrs before crying for milk again.

Talking abt jaundice, my hubby and I are both A+ and both her sisters are A+ 5th I. So when the PD came in and say she is of O+ I was so shocked! I asked the PD and he say there is 25% that the bb will have O type. I dunno how true it is but that is wat PD says so got to believe lor. Now that u all say that with different blood group as her mum, I'm a bit worried now..
And guess wat? While I'm typing this msg, my BB cries again! Dun think I will get any sleep tonight!!

Gan yea Im focus on the bf now, today get the massage lady to massage my breast and I can see my milk flowing out but when I try to pump, nothing come out and cause bleeding. Sigh big challenge on bf.
Emk just keep pumping even if nothing comes out, will send signal to the brain to produce milk.

bleeding cld it be the fannel is too small ? Friction causes the bleeding?

Mine bleed coz of shallow latch.... My baby can't latch properly coz of her 樱桃小咀

Talking abt jaundice, my hubby and I are both A+ and both her sisters are A+ 5th I. So when the PD came in and say she is of O+ I was so shocked! I asked the PD and he say there is 25% that the bb will have O type. I dunno how true it is but that is wat PD says so got to believe lor. Now that u all say that with different blood group as her mum, I'm a bit worried now..
And guess wat? While I'm typing this msg, my BB cries again! Dun think I will get any sleep tonight!!
Yup, it means both u and hubby carry the recessive O+ allele. 25% is correct.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABO_blood_group_system

Under section "Genetics" there's an illustration of how blood type is expressed!

Emk just keep pumping even if nothing comes out, will send signal to the brain to produce milk.

Mine bleed coz of shallow latch.... My baby can't latch properly coz of her 樱桃小咀
I also worry about this, so I went to buy the larger nipple funnel for my Avent and syringes.....T.T

I dunno which model I'm using and I will check tmr morning Coz this is a gift from my brothers. But I din sterilize every time. I will wash every time and use boiling water to pour over it each time I use. I will only sterilize in the night once.
Today my bb is super cranky.. Oh no... She woke up for milk and we tried to put her back to sleep. But after a while she will cry and we have to carry her.. After she sleeps in our arms, we will put her back to sleep and then she will cry again. Think this last for the past 3-4 hrs Liao.. She is finally sleeping now and I hope she will let us rest for a few hrs before crying for milk again.
Cld it be she needs more milk now? My baby milk intake has increased...

I am OCD when comes to baby stuff ...so I sterilise after every use but dunno if will spoil the breast pump with too much sterilization.

Verluv, my bb was like your case and CL says for my bb, it's either wanna pungsai or not full. So far she is right on every cry. She says if bb not full, no way she will sleep for hrs (I mean before she cried herself tired). And because she drinks a lot, she also pungsai a lot. Once she clears her bowel, she wants milk again so that pretty much sums up my life right now.

With my BM alone, I can't meet her demand. Her needs are getting more. Just now 730pm drank FM 60ml (and that was after a couple hours of suckle). Thot she would sleep. Instead she poop thereafter and needed to give her ebm 70ml at 9pm. Now sleeping soundly.

At 3rd/4th week of growth spurt, will need more liao.

Wondering if your gal also wants more milk.

Hmmm my hub also said maybe the size not suit me, but my nipple quite small and inverted, 24mm should be alright. When I pump on level 3 but nothing come out so my hub itchy hand go change to level 4 and my nipple below suddenly bleed. Now I try to use hot towel to massage my breast then I squeeze out a little bit of milk and hope this can help to keep the milk production on going.
My baby got very big mouth, too bad his mummy got small and flat nipple so it's take sometimes for him to find my nipples when I latch him. Then he got very frustrated and suck it so hard when he found my nipples.

With my no1, I sterilize after every pump. No2, I sterilize once a day. I put the pump accessories into a ziplock bag and put in the fridge.

No2 really more slack. I did not pump when I was in the hospital, which I did for no1. Imagine I latch 3hrly and pump to stimulate afterwards. This round I only latch bb and rest. At home, I dun set alarm to pump MOTN. I only wake up when my boobs r too full, usually abt 5hrs gap now. Day time I pump 4hrly.

Maybe she is going thru a growth spurt? There is a growth spurt at 1 week old and another one at 3 weeks old. Not looking forward to the 3 weeks growth spurt, think I need to up my pumping to supply his needs...

Hmmm my hub also said maybe the size not suit me, but my nipple quite small and inverted, 24mm should be alright. When I pump on level 3 but nothing come out so my hub itchy hand go change to level 4 and my nipple below suddenly bleed. Now I try to use hot towel to massage my breast then I squeeze out a little bit of milk and hope this can help to keep the milk production on going.
My baby got very big mouth, too bad his mummy got small and flat nipple so it's take sometimes for him to find my nipples when I latch him. Then he got very frustrated and suck it so hard when he found my nipples.
When I was in hospital the lactation nurse asked me not to use the suction function on my pump, instead asked me use the massage function which is not so strong, n surprisingly milk flows out.... N this didn't hurt my nipples
Maybe u try this on your pump if there is something not so powerful?

I also got its growth spurt so my hubby make some fm for her.. She din managed to finish instead once we managed to coax her to sleep, n we tried to put her down, she will start crying.
Since juz now till now, it's almost 6 hrs Liao.. We did feed her in between till she can't finish. I also latch her to give her some comfort but that doesn't seems to work. Can see that she is super tired but she juz won't spare us..

When I was in hospital the lactation nurse asked me not to use the suction function on my pump, instead asked me use the massage function which is not so strong, n surprisingly milk flows out.... N this didn't hurt my nipples
Maybe u try this on your pump if there is something not so powerful?
Oh i don't see a massage function on my pump, which pump u using ?

Any mummies used ru yi you? My gynae says don't because too hot for baby. Some CLs don't recommend. But my CL says it's good for windy baby. She says not applying direct to skin but rub on hands and apply that warm palm on baby stomach and very quick the wind will be out. Just now my bb had stomach discomfort and my CL told me about the benefit of ru yi you. Actually I do have a new bottle my mil bought for my bb but I've been keeping it away first. Just thought if I should take it out for my bb to use.
I think it should be ok to use. My mum bought for my lo. She said is good to apply on baby body before and after shower to prevent wind to go into baby body.

I'm still waiting for my little one to pop! No signs yet! Getting excited and anxious.

@tuna you popped already? Our EDD is close by

Hi Verluv, you might wana check out this thread in Bulk Purchase on egg diffusers. My friend told me this is the same seller she previously bought some egg diffusers and lavender essential oil from at her website. She put the lavender oil on the attached heart shape wooden piece to diffuse the oil and hung the egg at the cot. She finds that her bb is calmer and sleeps more peacefully now. Quality grade essential oils can really help.

My friend bought the Monkey design for her bb born in June, also Abundance in Health and Highest Potential. I just ordered from the seller last night and excited to try on my cousin's bb who cries a lot.

http://singaporemotherhood.com/foru...gs-for-aromatherapy-display-on-sale-l.211891/

I've just delivered this morning. My irregular contractions suddenly became regular at 1 plus am, abt 6 mins apart. Tried to tong because I was just so unwilling to go to hospital at such an unearthly hour. At 3 plus, the contractions were getting too close apart to seem like braxton hicks, so we rushed to prepare and reached hospital shortly after 4 am. By then I was already 6 cm dilated, there was no time to clear bowels, was so stressed, because the urge to poop was there. Contractions were about 2-3 mins apart. Finally got into delivery room at abt 4.40 am and got my first whiff of the gas. Wa, shiok! By then already fully dilated, kept wanting to push, but doc not there yet, so relied on gas to control urge slightly. Doc rushed in slightly before 5 am, did episiotomy, and bb was out in 2 pushes.
This delivery so fast I was so scared.
That's my story.
To those still waiting, rest as much as you can now. Wishing you a smooth delivery!

I delivered mine yesterday via csect. Baby is small at 2.5kg but she is healthy and that's all it matters :) thanks to all mummies who have given valuable advices here & also all the best to mummies who are still waiting to pop!

Congrats tuna n starview.
I latch my baby since birth. BM can't catch up with baby intake. I latch until 2nd day my nipples is sore. No choice Apply nipple cream n pump out for bb. I use Spectra S1. Using the massage function. Now abt 1wks can pump more BM.

CL shares that our body is amazing as in the BM will be produced according to what baby "needs". My each pump is 60-70ml for now and that's the standard amount for my bb weight. However she says my gal is greedy so to please her, needs FM to continue second feed. We watch her closely to see if she gags out any (if overfed). But she sleeps very soundly with very full stomach.

Congrats tuna and starview. My bm but kicking out. Try to pump and not even 5ml, no engorgement too. And my boy drinking 80 to 90ml.. How to meet his demand ... Haha hopefully my bm can kick out fast ..

Congrats @tuna and @starview! Have a good rest and bonding w ur LO...

@redvel it is true that with a full tummy, the kid sleeps better. Last few nights my boy wakes in less than 2hrs. So xinku for my CL to wake and carry and feed. Last nite he seems to rest better. Hope he has gotten used to the amount of milk, now Abt 80-90ml/3hrs...

Congrats tuna and starview. My bm but kicking out. Try to pump and not even 5ml, no engorgement too. And my boy drinking 80 to 90ml.. How to meet his demand ... Haha hopefully my bm can kick out fast ..

Is your bb latching well? If not, regular pumping to send signal to brain can help bring in the milk. I pump 3hrly with my no1... Milk come in ard day 5...

Some tips: massage ur breasts between ur palms. Up down rub, and left right rub... Then press from base of breast toward nipple. U should see milk droplets? Then pinch/hand express a few times to clear the ducts... Pump for 15mins, rest and massage for a while, pump another 5mins to make one session... Jiayou Jiayou!!!!!!!

Congrats @tuna and @starview! Have a good rest and bonding w ur LO...

@redvel it is true that with a full tummy, the kid sleeps better. Last few nights my boy wakes in less than 2hrs. So xinku for my CL to wake and carry and feed. Last nite he seems to rest better. Hope he has gotten used to the amount of milk, now Abt 80-90ml/3hrs...

My bb is same same as yours. Need 90ml can sleep 3.5hrs.

I also started power pump last night. I just normal pump 2 hrs ago and I'm pleased to see I yielded 90ml. Break record!

Back