IVF/ICSI Support Group

I think they will just retire from there. If you examine the photos of the "birthday parties" that Dr Lim gives to his patients in the clear folder, you'll see the 3 of them in one of the photos and they looked sooo young then i wonder how long they been working for Dr Lim. :p I like chatting with them... esp the one who doesn't wear glasses and the friendlier one with glasses.
Hahaha, not Theresa har? :p

Your first time seeing her?

Yes my dear. :) My DH helped me call her TCM clinic tdy to fix for apptm. My first consultation with her will be on next Friday. Omg, she really has a looong waiting list at her Chinatown branch. The earliest slot is on 13 Jul. As for her NTU branch, the earliest slot is on 1 Jun. Luckily, there is a patient who cancelled her slot and I managed to get a slot for next Friday. Phew. :p

Yes my dear. :) My DH helped me call her TCM clinic tdy to fix for apptm. My first consultation with her will be on next Friday. Omg, she really has a looong waiting list at her Chinatown branch. The earliest slot is on 13 Jul. As for her NTU branch, the earliest slot is on 1 Jun. Luckily, there is a patient who cancelled her slot and I managed to get a slot for next Friday. Phew. :p
Wow you're lucky! They called u to ask if u can make it next Friday?

Yes, there are articles saying that low-fat or skimmed dairy products do actually increase infertility. Full-fat may improves ovarian function and hormone balance.

Realli? I didnt knw tat till my fren told,mi.bout it today. Heard ice cream can too. Bt its cold so i will forgo tat. Time to change diet alrdy. Haha

Hi sisters,
I have consulted Tan Siew Buoy before my FET for about 1.5months. Just to share that despite me telling her that I was going for FET (severe male factor infertility made it impossible for us to try naturally) and that was the purpose of me seeing her (to siao the body before FET), she seems to totally forget about it in my 2nd consult with her and reprimanded me for not taking my basal temperature (not sure for what since i was not even trying naturally). She is rather arrogant but her TCM was pretty ok. Having said that, it is true that her NUH branch has shorter waiting time especially if you take like the earliest slots. So perhaps before u see her from now till the appointment date, you can just take your basal temperature (download chart online) and this may make it easier during consult with her. I also have purchased the double boiler that she sold for just boiling the herbs which I would like to sell to any sisters who are interested. the cost of the boiler was like $140 if I am not wrong but I will just like to sell it for $80 for anyone who is interested. I have only used it for 1 month. The way she prescribed her herbs is to boil for 2 days' doses and then stop for 2 days. Herbs are not to be taken during menses. Also all herbs were stopped up to my last menses before FET. All the best sisters :)

Hi sisters,
I have consulted Tan Siew Buoy before my FET for about 1.5months. Just to share that despite me telling her that I was going for FET (severe male factor infertility made it impossible for us to try naturally) and that was the purpose of me seeing her (to siao the body before FET), she seems to totally forget about it in my 2nd consult with her and reprimanded me for not taking my basal temperature (not sure for what since i was not even trying naturally). She is rather arrogant but her TCM was pretty ok. Having said that, it is true that her NUH branch has shorter waiting time especially if you take like the earliest slots. So perhaps before u see her from now till the appointment date, you can just take your basal temperature (download chart online) and this may make it easier during consult with her. I also have purchased the double boiler that she sold for just boiling the herbs which I would like to sell to any sisters who are interested. the cost of the boiler was like $140 if I am not wrong but I will just like to sell it for $80 for anyone who is interested. I have only used it for 1 month. The way she prescribed her herbs is to boil for 2 days' doses and then stop for 2 days. Herbs are not to be taken during menses. Also all herbs were stopped up to my last menses before FET. All the best sisters :)
She has too many patients hence she might have forgotten that you're doing fet.
Have u done your FET?

Actually places like Harvey Norman, tangs also got sell the broiler.. Think about $110. U can still use it to boil herbal tea etc.. :)

Going to do my FET this Friday. Hoping that the embryos are ok even after thaw. This is the first time I had to take the medication to thicken the lining which is 8.5 now. It's also a first that no follicle was seen even at day 11. Today is day 15 and I thk the follicle is still small. Dr. Matthew Lau left for studies and I was passed to the new doc, Dr. Jessie Phoon. Has anyone seen her for fresh cycle?

Going to do my FET this Friday. Hoping that the embryos are ok even after thaw. This is the first time I had to take the medication to thicken the lining which is 8.5 now. It's also a first that no follicle was seen even at day 11. Today is day 15 and I thk the follicle is still small. Dr. Matthew Lau left for studies and I was passed to the new doc, Dr. Jessie Phoon. Has anyone seen her for fresh cycle?
Just curious, are u on medicated FET? If yes do they still monitor ur ovulation?

I saw in iherb.. Probably will buy together with all the supplements. U used the castor oil for what purpose?
Hi hi the castor oil is used for fertility massage at the womb area... I got a brand new bottle and the funnel cloth from iherb previously but never used. Let me know if you keen to get it from me :)

Thanks Dreams...

I actually bought the double boiler just for the herbs and i have so many pots at home so will probably just sell it. The thing is she is supposed to take notes in her computer on my first consult but totally forgotten what i told her in the second consult and scolded me for not taking basal temp. (She did not even give me the chart or instructions to do that). Then when i told her i am here to siao for FET, she said oh we dun target for FET or IVF.. my method is to help people improve to conceive naturally *faint*

It does not matter cos I won't be seeing her again :p As for fertility massage, I did got a lady to come to my place to do it. I like her because she helps to massage my womb back in position. I dunno if that help but instead of acupuncture, i actually opted massage cos it is more relaxing.. She stays at Woodlands and come to my place (near Bukit Batok) for $80 a hour. Quite popular lady cos she does post natal massages too. If any sisters are interested, please let me know and i will share her details with you.

Thanks Dreams...

I actually bought the double boiler just for the herbs and i have so many pots at home so will probably just sell it. The thing is she is supposed to take notes in her computer on my first consult but totally forgotten what i told her in the second consult and scolded me for not taking basal temp. (She did not even give me the chart or instructions to do that). Then when i told her i am here to siao for FET, she said oh we dun target for FET or IVF.. my method is to help people improve to conceive naturally *faint*

It does not matter cos I won't be seeing her again :p As for fertility massage, I did got a lady to come to my place to do it. I like her because she helps to massage my womb back in position. I dunno if that help but instead of acupuncture, i actually opted massage cos it is more relaxing.. She stays at Woodlands and come to my place (near Bukit Batok) for $80 a hour. Quite popular lady cos she does post natal massages too. If any sisters are interested, please let me know and i will share her details with you.
I see.. Can pm me more details about the massage?

Hi Sisters here, paisei for asking a noob ques. :p Anyone knows watz the difference btw "Medicated FET" and "Natural FET"??
There are two possible options for performing a frozen embryo transfer (FET): Natural-Cycle FET (NC-FET) and medicated FET.

Natural Cycle FET is available to women with regular ovulation and monthly menstrual cycles. In patients with predictable menstrual cycles, we can carefully monitor the cycle to determine the precise timing of ovulation. Alternatively, ovulation can be induced with the administration of an HCG injection. Once the precise date of ovulation is set, then the uterine lining should be receptive to embryo transfer 5 days later (for embryos frozen on day 5 in a previous IVF cycle). In this way, the embryos can be replaced at approximately the time when they would normally be arriving in the uterus.

One problem with Natural-Cycle FET is that the optimal time for implantation may fall at an unpredictable time during the laboratory work schedule, so some clinics choose not to offer NC-FET. In addition, NC-FET demands frequent patient monitoring around the time of ovulation. If a cycle is suboptimal in terms of the estrogen level and endometrial development, then the embryos should not be thawed and the cycle should be cancelled.

A medicated FET allows the couple to avoid some of the pitfalls associated with a NC-FET. In this type of FET, estrogen pills, shots, or patches are used to prepare the endometrium for embryoimplantation. Three days prior to embryo transfer, the woman begins taking progesterone to modify the endometrial lining so that it will be receptive when the embryos are placed. Some clinics prescribe GnRH agonists (such as Lupron) to their patients the month prior to a medicated FET cycle so as to reduce the chances of spontaneous ovulation. The use of Lupron reduces the chances of cycle cancellation owing to unexpected ovulation to near zero.

The choice of estrogen supplementation varies somewhat between clinics. Some clinics prescribe oral estrogens; other clinics administer intramuscular estrogen shots twice a week, and still other clinics use transdermal estrogen patches twice a week. The choice of estrogen protocol is clinic-specific and should be discussed with your reproductive endocrinologist. Many clinics prescribeprogesterone-in-oil injections to prepare the lining for embryo transfer. Women who have aprogesterone allergy can use progesterone suppositories instead.

Pregnancy rates have not been shown to differ significantly between NC-FET and medicated FET. However, medicated FETs do allow for advance scheduling, which both patients and physicians find attractive. The advantages of NC-FET are its simplicity with no injections (besides the HCG trigger shot) and minimal additional medications with an overall cost savings compared with a medicated FET.

Source: https://www.dominionfertility.com/f...ozen-embryo-transfer-fet-and-a-medicated-fet/

There are two possible options for performing a frozen embryo transfer (FET): Natural-Cycle FET (NC-FET) and medicated FET.

Natural Cycle FET is available to women with regular ovulation and monthly menstrual cycles. In patients with predictable menstrual cycles, we can carefully monitor the cycle to determine the precise timing of ovulation. Alternatively, ovulation can be induced with the administration of an HCG injection. Once the precise date of ovulation is set, then the uterine lining should be receptive to embryo transfer 5 days later (for embryos frozen on day 5 in a previous IVF cycle). In this way, the embryos can be replaced at approximately the time when they would normally be arriving in the uterus.

One problem with Natural-Cycle FET is that the optimal time for implantation may fall at an unpredictable time during the laboratory work schedule, so some clinics choose not to offer NC-FET. In addition, NC-FET demands frequent patient monitoring around the time of ovulation. If a cycle is suboptimal in terms of the estrogen level and endometrial development, then the embryos should not be thawed and the cycle should be cancelled.

A medicated FET allows the couple to avoid some of the pitfalls associated with a NC-FET. In this type of FET, estrogen pills, shots, or patches are used to prepare the endometrium for embryoimplantation. Three days prior to embryo transfer, the woman begins taking progesterone to modify the endometrial lining so that it will be receptive when the embryos are placed. Some clinics prescribe GnRH agonists (such as Lupron) to their patients the month prior to a medicated FET cycle so as to reduce the chances of spontaneous ovulation. The use of Lupron reduces the chances of cycle cancellation owing to unexpected ovulation to near zero.

The choice of estrogen supplementation varies somewhat between clinics. Some clinics prescribe oral estrogens; other clinics administer intramuscular estrogen shots twice a week, and still other clinics use transdermal estrogen patches twice a week. The choice of estrogen protocol is clinic-specific and should be discussed with your reproductive endocrinologist. Many clinics prescribeprogesterone-in-oil injections to prepare the lining for embryo transfer. Women who have aprogesterone allergy can use progesterone suppositories instead.

Pregnancy rates have not been shown to differ significantly between NC-FET and medicated FET. However, medicated FETs do allow for advance scheduling, which both patients and physicians find attractive. The advantages of NC-FET are its simplicity with no injections (besides the HCG trigger shot) and minimal additional medications with an overall cost savings compared with a medicated FET.

Source: https://www.dominionfertility.com/f...ozen-embryo-transfer-fet-and-a-medicated-fet/

Thank u so much for sharing such informative info. @towkayneo from wat u shared, I guess I might be going for my natural FET next mth with my 1 and only golden frozen embryo. Hehehe. :D

Thank u so much for sharing such informative info. @towkayneo from wat u shared, I guess I might be going for my natural FET next mth with my 1 and only golden frozen embryo. Hehehe. :D
Actually why not consider medicated FET? Medicated FET is just about lining.

Natural FET, you have to take into consideration the lining and ovulation. If either variable doesn't meet, then your cycle may be adjourned to the next month.

Actually why not consider medicated FET? Medicated FET is just about lining.

Natural FET, you have to take into consideration the lining and ovulation. If either variable doesn't meet, then your cycle may be adjourned to the next month.

Oh, haha, actually I went to see Dr Veronique at KKH today for my review after my failed fresh cycle. She recommended me Natural FET with no medications required. Hee hee. I might be wrong but I guess it might be due to my thick lining and also regular menses cycle every mth. :D:p

Hi how many fresh cycle have u done? I'm left with 1 frozen embryo as well.. Am actually thinking of doing another fresh rather than FET

Hi babe, I hv done 2 fresh cycles which resulted in BFN. How abt u? When will u be seeing yr doc for yr post IVF review?

Initially, I oso thought of doing a fresh cycle just like u but Dr Veronique told me that it will be LONG protocol for me if I embark on my 3rd fresh cycle. So I hear liao already siaannnnz half, considering the fact tat I m super scared of needles, hv super looow threshold of pain and the IV thingy during ER. So I thought might as well juz go for my FET next month. Hehehe.

Oh, haha, actually I went to see Dr Veronique at KKH today for my review after my failed fresh cycle. She recommended me Natural FET with no medications required. Hee hee. I might be wrong but I guess it might be due to my thick lining and also regular menses cycle every mth. :D:p
Ok, then better listen to professional advice from the doc *thumbs up*

Hi babe, I hv done 2 fresh cycles which resulted in BFN. How abt u? When will u be seeing yr doc for yr post IVF review?

Initially, I oso thought of doing a fresh cycle just like u but Dr Veronique told me that it will be LONG protocol for me if I embark on my 3rd fresh cycle. So I hear liao already siaannnnz half, considering the fact tat I m super scared of needles, hv super looow threshold of pain and the IV thingy during ER. So I thought might as well juz go for my FET next month. Hehehe.
I've also done 2 fresh and 1 medicated FET.. Thinking of fresh cycle somewhere in sept but instead of fresh transfer, maybe will do a medicated FET.. But have to see how's the doc schedule Lor.. So far now focusing on recovering from my mc

Why u need a Long protocol? Did she say why?

I've also done 2 fresh and 1 medicated FET.. Thinking of fresh cycle somewhere in sept but instead of fresh transfer, maybe will do a medicated FET.. But have to see how's the doc schedule Lor.. So far now focusing on recovering from my mc

Why u need a Long protocol? Did she say why?

Sorry ger to hear abt yr MC. Hope u r coping fine now. *Hugs* Which hospital are u with?

Hmm, coz for short protocol, I got BFN for BOTH fresh cycles and my fertilisation rate decreased from 100% success to only 50% success. So my fav Dr is hoping that things might improve if she changed to long protocol for me next time. :)

Sorry ger to hear abt yr MC. Hope u r coping fine now. *Hugs* Which hospital are u with?

Hmm, coz for short protocol, I got BFN for BOTH fresh cycles and my fertilisation rate decreased from 100% success to only 50% success. So my fav Dr is hoping that things might improve if she changed to long protocol for me next time. :)
I'm with Nuh.
What stim were u on and how many embryos did u get from each cycle?
I didn't yield much embryos too but my doc hasn't say anything about whether changing my protocols

I'm with Nuh.
What stim were u on and how many embryos did u get from each cycle?
I didn't yield much embryos too but my doc hasn't say anything about whether changing my protocols

I am with KKH. I am on short protocol for both of my 2 fresh cycles. Coz I hv low egg reserve, so Dr only managed to retrieve 3 eggs for my 1st cycle; 2nd cycle Dr retrieved 6 eggs (but only fertilised 4 eggs and in the end, only 2 eggs made it for fresh transfer).

How abt u? :)

I am with KKH. I am on short protocol for both of my 2 fresh cycles. Coz I hv low egg reserve, so Dr only managed to retrieve 3 eggs for my 1st cycle; 2nd cycle Dr retrieved 6 eggs (but only fertilised 4 eggs and in the end, only 2 eggs made it for fresh transfer).

How abt u? :)
Sounds like we are in similar boat.
1st cycle I had 6 eggs retrieved and fertilised, but only 3 made to blast. 2nd cycle 5 retrieved, 4 fertilised and 3 made to day 5.. So both cycle only have 3 blast each.

How much dosage is your jabs?

I read some overseas report saying long protocol is actually not ideal for Low ovarian reserve but I've not discuss this with my doc before hence I'm not sure how true is it.
Did u test ur AMH or FSH levels before?

Thanks Dreams...

Hi can pm me her contact too thanks.

I took clomid a few times and my period became shorter. My tcm said its coz it thins the lining. Anyone have similar experience? And how long did it take u to get ur lining back to normal again?

Sounds like we are in similar boat.
1st cycle I had 6 eggs retrieved and fertilised, but only 3 made to blast. 2nd cycle 5 retrieved, 4 fertilised and 3 made to day 5.. So both cycle only have 3 blast each.

How much dosage is your jabs?

I read some overseas report saying long protocol is actually not ideal for Low ovarian reserve but I've not discuss this with my doc before hence I'm not sure how true is it.
Did u test ur AMH or FSH levels before?

Wow. Yr fertilisation rate looks good too. Do u hv an issue of low egg reserve too? I knew my AMH level but not FSH.

Back