IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies, have you heard of anyone has diabetes and still manage to bfp from ivf?

I took the GTT test recently after my mc and the result shows that i am diabetic. I went to take the hb1ac test and fortunately it is still a mild case now.

The kk nurse was very anxious when she called me abt my GTT results. Keep asking me to go see doc at polyclinic asap. She say this will affect my conceiving. It is probable that my last 2 mc could be due to this.

Sigh...1 more thing to deal with on top of infertility...

Hi ladies, have you heard of anyone has diabetes and still manage to bfp from ivf?

I took the GTT test recently after my mc and the result shows that i am diabetic. I went to take the hb1ac test and fortunately it is still a mild case now.

The kk nurse was very anxious when she called me abt my GTT results. Keep asking me to go see doc at polyclinic asap. She say this will affect my conceiving. It is probable that my last 2 mc could be due to this.

Sigh...1 more thing to deal with on top of infertility...
Oh dear.. I'm not sure but maybe can check with ur fertility doc?

What prompted kkh to get U to do GTT?

Oh dear.. I'm not sure but maybe can check with ur fertility doc?

What prompted kkh to get U to do GTT?
I had 2 mc so far and they both happened very early. During the review with my doc, he was saying his guess is my mc are by chance, but he could order for some tests to rule out the common factors. So he ordered for GTT and thyroid and 1 other test which I cannot really remember, maybe clotting disorder.

GTT result came out the soonest and it was marked as critical so i was pestered to go to polyclinic to start treatment.

I will check with my doc when I see him in June. Just thought to see if there is anyone with the same situation.

Just curious, are u on medicated FET? If yes do they still monitor ur ovulation?
I'm not too sure if mine is considered medicated FET. I take Proganov pills to thicken lining. But I have very regular menses. I saw someone posted on the diff in medicated and natural so mine should be considered medicated. However, I didn't have to go thru injection to induce the ovulation.

@Mrs Chan00 I am also doing a Natural cycle FET juz like u. Any idea how does the whole process work for Natural FET? It's my first time embarking on this. Hee hee. How many embies will u be transferring this time round? :)
Haha... I have no idea how natural FET work too... my 1st time also!:) But I guess no injections needed ba.. must monitor the lining and ovulation? Let me check with nurses tmr and update u.
My doctor say to transfer 2... praying hard that all embies will stay strong and survive the freeze...

Hi, how do u guys decide on the dosage? Is it advice by doc as well?
Hi, for me, I took reference from the book, "It starts with the eggs". The dosage was recommended for those in advance category which includes factors such as advance age, repeated Ivf cycles with prior unsuccessful attempts, etc. Also I read other sources about Coq10 and am convinced it is safe.

I'm not too sure if mine is considered medicated FET. I take Proganov pills to thicken lining. But I have very regular menses. I saw someone posted on the diff in medicated and natural so mine should be considered medicated. However, I didn't have to go thru injection to induce the ovulation.
Because in medicated FET, the dosage of Progynova you would take also prevents ovulation while it supports your lining to grow without dependence on the follicle, or rather egg which otherwise produces estrogen in a natural cycle to support lining growth. Once your lining is of ideal thickness, you will be scheduled for ET and you will start taking progesterone support in line with your ET timing and depending on the age of your embryo. Taking the progesterone support is to have same effect as if you have ovulated and the progesterone further supports your lining to maintain the implantation window.

Hi which hosp are u with?
What is the change in night injection and sperm selection protocol the doc is talking about?
I'm with kkh.

The night injection before the ER, she is gg to give me something different. Hope it can helps to mature the eggs better.

The sperm selection, she mentioned that she will adopt a different protocol from the usual but i'm not too sure how is it done.

Oh this is medicated.. FET doesn't need to induce ovulation, only fresh cycle needs

For medicated FET,once e lining is ok, there is progesterone support given eg: 2 x daily(1 morning,1 night).

But on e day of embryo transfer, is e cyclogest put in on the actual day morning? Eg if ET is scheduled on 10am friday ,that friday morning still need to put e cyclogest or e cyclogest is put in after that?

I'm with kkh.

The night injection before the ER, she is gg to give me something different. Hope it can helps to mature the eggs better.

The sperm selection, she mentioned that she will adopt a different protocol from the usual but i'm not too sure how is it done.
Oh, previously which trigger drug were u on?

Hi, for me, I took reference from the book, "It starts with the eggs". The dosage was recommended for those in advance category which includes factors such as advance age, repeated Ivf cycles with prior unsuccessful attempts, etc. Also I read other sources about Coq10 and am convinced it is safe.
Oh I'm still waiting for the book.. Did u find any differences in your cycles after taking it?

Yeah due to my age, I'm 40 this yr and is my first fresh cycle too.

Oh I'm still waiting for the book.. Did u find any differences in your cycles after taking it?
Over 3 fresh cycles in about 9 months, we did see improvement in terms on egg quantity, quality and hubby's sperms (from failing all parameters to being above average for concentration and motility, except morphology still not good). But I believe it is not solely due to CoQ10, but many factors combined (lifestyle, diet, supplements, tcm, acupuncture, protocol etc). The book also mention about avoiding or minimising exposure to those toxic chemicals which have evidence of impacting fertility and i did try to make lifestyles changes reference to that, e.g. Avoiding fragrances (phthalates) like perfumes or toiletries, minimising use of plastics (BPA, PVC) for food or water storage, etc.

Last edited:
For medicated FET,once e lining is ok, there is progesterone support given eg: 2 x daily(1 morning,1 night).

But on e day of embryo transfer, is e cyclogest put in on the actual day morning? Eg if ET is scheduled on 10am friday ,that friday morning still need to put e cyclogest or e cyclogest is put in after that?
Hi Connie, best to contact your clinic to confirm coz there are varied practices. For myself, at TFC they told me to continue the insert (mine was Utrogestan) in am as usual on day of ET. It doesn't affect ET as doc will clean area with saline water before procedure. But others have encountered different instructions at other clinics/ Hospitals depending on doc's practice and also take note that cyclogest is more oily texture.

Haha... I have no idea how natural FET work too... my 1st time also!:) But I guess no injections needed ba.. must monitor the lining and ovulation? Let me check with nurses tmr and update u.
My doctor say to transfer 2... praying hard that all embies will stay strong and survive the freeze...
I did it before, its really no medication required, no jabs. after ET, doc put me on progynova to manage lining. thats all

Hi elsie, it is ok to go work during stims unless you feel physically uncomfortable. Most sisters will rest at home after ET. up to your comfort!
During the stimulation stage (Day 1 to Day 14 estimation), no matter if you working, walking around and standing, it all requires lotsa of movements, it will not affect the eggs right. Sorry for this stupid question.

During the stimulation stage (Day 1 to Day 14 estimation), no matter if you working, walking around and standing, it all requires lotsa of movements, it will not affect the eggs right. Sorry for this stupid question.
No question is stupid ! I understand your concerns. It won't affect the eggs. Most important eat healthy during stims, will help the eggs more. Don't go intense exercise because your ovary will become so big. Intense exercise will make ovary tangle in worst case scenario ! Good luck ya?

@Mrs Chan00 woo hoo, I feel so excited for U and US. Hahaha. And thanks for yr helpfulness as always. :):p Who is yr Dr in KKH and how many frozen embies do u hv in total?

Dear sisters

I would like to seek some advices regarding supplements on coQ10.

I will be doing my first fresh ivf on 29 May at NUH under Dr Stephen Chew. I have purchased some supplements from NUH for folic acid, MD3 tablets, CoQ10 for 30mg. The CoQ10 costs $110 which is very costly for me. Dr Chew want me to take the CoQ10 for 400mg daily and the one I purchased from NUH is only 30mg which mean I have to take at least 10 tablets daily. I have sourced few of them from 100mg to 150mg from pharmacies and need advice which brands are the right choice. Thank you.

I am with NUH Prof Wong and I was only told folic acid is sufficient. no mention of any other vitamins. wonder why the different advice..

Over 3 fresh cycles in about 9 months, we did see improvement in terms on egg quantity, quality and hubby's sperms (from failing all parameters to being above average for concentration and motility, except morphology still not good). But I believe it is not solely due to CoQ10, but many factors combined (lifestyle, diet, supplements, tcm, acupuncture, protocol etc). The book also mention about avoiding or minimising exposure to those toxic chemicals which have evidence of impacting fertility and i did try to make lifestyles changes reference to that, e.g. Avoiding fragrances (phthalates) like perfumes or toiletries, minimising use of plastics (BPA, PVC) for food or water storage, etc.
I see.. May I know what's the difference between just ubiquinol and the one with kaneka QH?

@Mrs Chan00 woo hoo, I feel so excited for U and US. Hahaha. And thanks for yr helpfulness as always. :):p Who is yr Dr in KKH and how many frozen embies do u hv in total?
Ya... Feeling very excited now! But also abit nervous and worry. Hope everything will goes well for US! Really hope that all ladies here will strike and get to hold their bundle of joy in their arm soon. :)
I am with Dr Tan HH... Only got 3 precious frozen embies left... Pray that all will survive

Ya... Feeling very excited now! But also abit nervous and worry. Hope everything will goes well for US! Really hope that all ladies here will strike and get to hold their bundle of joy in their arm soon. :)
I am with Dr Tan HH... Only got 3 precious frozen embies left... Pray that all will survive
Mrs Chan!!!! Good luck to you !!! ;):D

I see.. May I know what's the difference between just ubiquinol and the one with kaneka QH?
As far as I am aware, Kaneka is the sole producer of Ubiquinol in the world since it first discovered this stabilised form of CoQ10 which is believed to have best absorption in the body. Other supplement brands offering Ubiquinol would use this nutrient supplied by Kaneka and should state so, otherwise any touted Ubiquinol composition in the supplement could be questionable.
Check these out for more info -
http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/articles/2013/03/coq10-vs-ubiquinol.aspx

https://ubiquinol.org/supplement-info

Hi ladies, anyone taking royal jelly?
I was taking Royal Jelly too and actually started taking it before I had to do Ivf. There is not much concrete studies that confirm it's effectiveness in improving egg quality or supporting implantation while I decided to just continue taking it since my doc was not against it and I have no allergy to it. However, after bfp I stopped at doc's advice because there is limited studies confirming it's impact on foetus or babies but there may be risk of developing allergic reaction during pregnancy.

I was taking Royal Jelly too and actually started taking it before I had to do Ivf. There is not much concrete studies that confirm it's effectiveness in improving egg quality or supporting implantation while I decided to just continue taking it since my doc was not against it and I have no allergy to it. However, after bfp I stopped at doc's advice because there is limited studies confirming it's impact on foetus or babies but there may be risk of developing allergic reaction during pregnancy.

agree with @DawnBB and also, i do not think it helps with lining but the argument was more on improving egg quality.
Thanks both for sharing! A little worried about my lining after seeing my tcm and just trying to see what else i can take.

Hi sisters.. excited and don't think many of my friends or colleagues would understand as well as you ladies.. I'm here to share that we have confirmed 6 blastocysts for freezing! Yay! The largest crop for me so far.. after waiting with bated breath for many days.. phew. 3 are very good (AA) and 3 are average (BB).. strangely my embryologist didn't give me a number system, so I'm not sure what they translate to, in terms of grading. But heng all blastocysts so can freeze. And now.. just need to prepare well for FET!

Hi sisters.. excited and don't think many of my friends or colleagues would understand as well as you ladies.. I'm here to share that we have confirmed 6 blastocysts for freezing! Yay! The largest crop for me so far.. after waiting with bated breath for many days.. phew. 3 are very good (AA) and 3 are average (BB).. strangely my embryologist didn't give me a number system, so I'm not sure what they translate to, in terms of grading. But heng all blastocysts so can freeze. And now.. just need to prepare well for FET!
Wow! Definitely a good crop! Are u the one who had saizen and pergo added? Sorry I cannot remember! Super bad memory

Am I seeing things on day 12?

maybe you are not seeing things, sometimes the embryo implanted but not sustained on the implantation. Other reason could be chemical pregnancy. Go for blood test, thats the most accurate reading. Dont think so much and just wait for bt ba. good luck.

Back