Support group - Miscarriages

Hey Ladies,

Can ask how many days did your menses lasts for the 1st period after MC?
Was is similar to your usual menses flow and days?

I guess mine went hay-wired.
Extreme light flow and short days.

Hey Ladies,

Mine around 6 days..1st n 2nd quite heavy the rest of the days light flow

Im also in my 4th week, menses not here yet and abit worried. I do get abit of cramp when i drank some juices or drinks without ice. -_-""

Hey Ladies,

Mine came on Sunday. first 3 days pretty heavy. Today is 5th day. Seems like ending. I think my gynae did mention that first period after m/c usually abit diff. Could be heavier or lighter than usual.

I just went to Buddhist lodge last month n I paid 100$ for all my three miscarriages..
100$ is got individual praying while 30$ is mass praying..
Go there now to register, they are starting the praying today..
Hi jesmin0918,
How do you tell them is for ur 3 mc, need to give them any details? I suffered 3 MC too , lately was thinking of doing chao du but don't know how to go about doing so .. Hope to hear from ur experiences .

Hi. Thk u for sharing. i am hoping for a 40 weeks baby. Dunno if it's possible with my case. The gynae currently attending to me is Anita Kale. She has mentioned that they will take out the stitch at 36weeks. So hoping I won't go into labour before that.
It is now Day 3 post cerclage procedure. Feels weird to know tht there's that something in ur body.
nice, im seeing her too! she gives me a lot of assurance! and most imptly she gave me the confidence on my last pregnancy. so thats how i got my baby. i liked her a lot. and I trust her words too.

Hi, can I find out what are the typical charges for D&C? My current gynae can only do at Mt E and her charges are about 6k plus. Haiz, I find it so exp.

Hi, can I find out what are the typical charges for D&C? My current gynae can only do at Mt E and her charges are about 6k plus. Haiz, I find it so exp.

Hi, you may wanna call other gynaes and ask about their charges.
Usually it ranges from 1k+ to 3k+ but it depends on what you seek from the gynae too.
Some have their own surgery room in their clinic, some will do in hospitals.

Hi Gniq, how many weeks are you ? I also going for d n c with my current gynea. He charges about $900 at tmc . It a day surgery, usually Done at his clinic .i had recurrent MC and all my d n c were done by my current gynea. He is very assuring and ensure there is no scar . So far I am pleased with his work .

Hi Gniq, how many weeks are you ? I also going for d n c with my current gynea. He charges about $900 at tmc . It a day surgery, usually Done at his clinic .i had recurrent MC and all my d n c were done by my current gynea. He is very assuring and ensure there is no scar . So far I am pleased with his work .

The gynae did not really confirm how many weeks, but from first scan deduction, it should be 9-10weeks.
I seek another doc charge and it is about 3-4K. $900 is very cheap. Probably because it is done in his clinic, it save the hospital fee which range from 1k-2k at least.

Hi, you may wanna call other gynaes and ask about their charges.
Usually it ranges from 1k+ to 3k+ but it depends on what you seek from the gynae too.
Some have their own surgery room in their clinic, some will do in hospitals.

Thanks. I will check.

Hi jesmin0918,
How do you tell them is for ur 3 mc, need to give them any details? I suffered 3 MC too , lately was thinking of doing chao du but don't know how to go about doing so .. Hope to hear from ur experiences .

Hi adel19...no lei I never tell them how many.they just use both our surnames and I did a personal praying under 100$..

I went to Buddhist lodge at river balky recently..I booked the 100$ (personal praying ) and I just buy some soft drks n sweets and went back on 13feb to pray..

They will do the mass praying again during qing Ming Jie and 7th mth..

I did chao du for 安心 also...

The gynae did not really confirm how many weeks, but from first scan deduction, it should be 9-10weeks.
I seek another doc charge and it is about 3-4K. $900 is very cheap. Probably because it is done in his clinic, it save the hospital fee which range from 1k-2k at least.
Hi Gniq,
U might want to call up to enquire . AL Lim at tmc . 6k is too ex Le . It 's done at their clinic after that can go home Liao. Will be seeing him tmr..

Last edited:
How long did u guys come menses after D&C?? Mine was 6 weeks ago but menses still not here. Sometime still got some brown discharge. Don't know what's going on inside.. Hai.. Anyone can advise me???

I think I had mine 4 weeks after D&C.
Bcos it was so little and also brown, am not really sure if it was menses.
It was so little that I doubt 1 whole day also cannot fill 1 pad.

Have you tried drinking the shen hua tang to clear after your D&C?

How long did u guys come menses after D&C?? Mine was 6 weeks ago but menses still not here. Sometime still got some brown discharge. Don't know what's going on inside.. Hai.. Anyone can advise me???
It means it was still not really clear yet..have you gone back to gynae for review?u may need another dose of antibiotics..

For my recent miscarriage also, I also have spotting on and off, so I went back to gynae

i didn't drink Shen hua tang, does it help?

It means it was still not really clear yet..have you gone back to gynae for review?u may need another dose of antibiotics..

For my recent miscarriage also, I also have spotting on and off, so I went back to gynae
After dnc, 2 weeks later went bk for doc review but doc didn't say anything. I also think not totally clear. Got mild cramp since last night. Don't know is it menses coming. If call for appt, I think hv to wait for weeks. I will monitor these 2 days 1st ba. If still the same i will call hospital. How long did ur spotting end after dnc?

hiya... did u girls have any bad cramps prior to the first menses aft d&c? I never had any menses cramp for my past menses, now the pain is almost as bad as i have after the procedure. At first i thot could be due to the very one glass of cold drink ever since my d&c one.mth plus ago. realised a little red stain after gg to toilet.

Hi adel19...no lei I never tell them how many.they just use both our surnames and I did a personal praying under 100$..

I went to Buddhist lodge at river balky recently..I booked the 100$ (personal praying ) and I just buy some soft drks n sweets and went back on 13feb to pray..

They will do the mass praying again during qing Ming Jie and 7th mth..

I did chao du for 安心 also...

Jesmin0918 - I went to Buddhist lodge and registered for the chao du for my mcs too. They will start praying during qing ming and was advised by the lady to go back to during that period if can to pray and say some prayers as well. I will book the personal praying on my next visit.
Feel so much better after visitng the temple.

Had my D&C done last sat . Doing a min confinement as well.
I had a fibroid detected on my uterus, this is my 4th miscarriages. After my 2nd preg, detected a fibroid growing . It's growth bigger during my current preg due to hormones.
I am suspecting that fibroid could be the cause of my mcs and seeking gynea to remove it for me .. Been thru multiple blood test but can't find out what is wrong . All blood test came back normal.
All mummies out there, do recuperate your health so that we can carry our rainbow baby soon ok. God blessed.

i didn't drink Shen hua tang, does it help?

I only drank it once after my D&C.
so far i find that it clears quite fast for me.
I still gt 1 pack left.
Maybe will drink on my next period.

hiya... did u girls have any bad cramps prior to the first menses aft d&c? I never had any menses cramp for my past menses, now the pain is almost as bad as i have after the procedure. At first i thot could be due to the very one glass of cold drink ever since my d&c one.mth plus ago. realised a little red stain after gg to toilet.

I got worsen backaches for my 1st mense after D&C
And after my menses, I think I have "ovulation pain" for 2 days ard 14th day.
Now waiting to see if my 2nd mense is on time.

icic.. the cramp is so bad that doc issued 2 days MC. Never had such cramp before ever. Hopefully next one wont be like that. Good to drink red dates after period right? Planning to try again after the 2nd cycle.

icic.. the cramp is so bad that doc issued 2 days MC. Never had such cramp before ever. Hopefully next one wont be like that. Good to drink red dates after period right? Planning to try again after the 2nd cycle.
Put long gan as well and just consume warm .:) Jia you
Do take ur folic acid as well and Co Q10 as I heard it helps .

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I was reading through the forum and sorry that some of you had rather unpleasant experiences.

I lost the pregnancy on the 12th.. Initial 2 scans detected no heartbeat and foetus and it was quite a confusing period for me. My ovulation calendar tells me I'm 8 weeks, my own calculation its about 6 weeks and at the second scan, the dr tried to comfort me by saying that its still early to see heartbeat so its only about 4-5weeks, which I didn't believe la. He prescribed me dydrogesterone but throughout I had moderate spotting until a week later, when it became heavy bleeding with blood clots. Called my dr and he suggested for a scan the next day and to maybe prepare for an evacuation of uterus, which I rejected because I wasn't keen on an invasive procedure so I told him that I will wait it out. I continue to bleed like menses and at one point I passed out a huge blood clot and suddenly in the evening the bleeding just stopped. And I sort of just knew it's over.

True enough a few days later on my 3rd scheduled checkup, my uterus was empty on the ultrasound and the dr diagnosed it as blighted ovum. My mum and MIL said its a fake pregnancy uhh. But honestly it was quite a traumatic experience because of the continuous spotting/ bleeding. Husband was disappointed but nevertheless super enthu to try again but I'm not sure if I'm mentally ready to be pregnant :/

Hi everyone, I was reading through the forum and sorry that some of you had rather unpleasant experiences.

I lost the pregnancy on the 12th.. Initial 2 scans detected no heartbeat and foetus and it was quite a confusing period for me. My ovulation calendar tells me I'm 8 weeks, my own calculation its about 6 weeks and at the second scan, the dr tried to comfort me by saying that its still early to see heartbeat so its only about 4-5weeks, which I didn't believe la. He prescribed me dydrogesterone but throughout I had moderate spotting until a week later, when it became heavy bleeding with blood clots. Called my dr and he suggested for a scan the next day and to maybe prepare for an evacuation of uterus, which I rejected because I wasn't keen on an invasive procedure so I told him that I will wait it out. I continue to bleed like menses and at one point I passed out a huge blood clot and suddenly in the evening the bleeding just stopped. And I sort of just knew it's over.

True enough a few days later on my 3rd scheduled checkup, my uterus was empty on the ultrasound and the dr diagnosed it as blighted ovum. My mum and MIL said its a fake pregnancy uhh. But honestly it was quite a traumatic experience because of the continuous spotting/ bleeding. Husband was disappointed but nevertheless super enthu to try again but I'm not sure if I'm mentally ready to be pregnant :/

Hi, sorry to hear about ur MC, pls take care and do a mini confinement if you can.
Drink some longan red dates drink, order tingkat if no one cooks for you.

It was never a fake pregnancy for blighted ovum (only those old aunties saying).
I can relate to how you feel as I too had a blighted ovum.
I'm sure it was traumatising and a roller coaster ride for us - one moment preggy and next moment not.
We need time to "grief" as well.

You may wish to speak to your hubby 1st abt your feelings.
Of cos if you feel good enough after 1-2 mth from your MC that you wanna be intimate.
Dun need to force yourself to try if you are not mentally well prepared to get pregnant again.
You can take precaution measures until you are really to start.

Hi, sorry to hear about ur MC, pls take care and do a mini confinement if you can.
Drink some longan red dates drink, order tingkat if no one cooks for you.

It was never a fake pregnancy for blighted ovum (only those old aunties saying).
I can relate to how you feel as I too had a blighted ovum.
I'm sure it was traumatising and a roller coaster ride for us - one moment preggy and next moment not.
We need time to "grief" as well.

You may wish to speak to your hubby 1st abt your feelings.
Of cos if you feel good enough after 1-2 mth from your MC that you wanna be intimate.
Dun need to force yourself to try if you are not mentally well prepared to get pregnant again.
You can take precaution measures until you are really to start.

Thank you so much for the kind and comforting words!
I didn't do confinement as both my mum and mil said its not necessary cuz fake mah zzz.

The funny thing was that I asked the dr for contraceptive pills because I just want to "rest" for 6 months like that and he refused to give! His answer was epic: "Why? Scared? Don't scared! Married already right! Married couple must have lots of sex one! This month don't have, next month try again!" OMG *facepalm*

Just like most of us who encountered the fate of having a miscarriage (mc), my horror story started with the gynae telling me that she could not detect any heart beat at week 8 and the growth from week 6 to week 8 was only 0.3mm which is already abnormal. On week 6 we did hear a faint heart beat and were promised we will get louder ones in week 8, but this is what I got after 2 weeks of anticipation! Gynae gave me the usual 3 choices: d&c, wait for natural mc or pill insertion to aid mc. I found myself crying from the clinic to home to sleep to next day. Until my hubby got so mad at me cos everything he said couldn't stop my crying. I kept thinking what had i done wrong. Was it due to too much stress at work and in life? Was it because i ate something wrong? Was it due to my depression? And all sorts.
But before long the natural mc took place even before I could get a second opinion elsewhere. I shall not describe the pain and gruesome details. Soon i found myself at the gynaes office for the next 2 days. The conclusion was i still need to do a d&c cos there are some stubborn tissues clinging on tightly. I was never prepared for such a surgery. But it happened within the next 4 hours. I was put under general anesthesia so the surgery was over before I knew it. There was little pain when I woke up but that should be normal. Whats not normal to me is the size of the hospital bill. All I can say is d&c is not cheap.
Its been 3 days, I still feel sad for my little baby. I missed those happy little moments I spent with him/her during the cny even though he/she may be just so tiny during then. That cny that seem so extra ordinarily happy, is now part of my tearful memories.
Pregnancy, be it successful or failure, do cost alot. When a pregnancy fails, emotional, physical and financial health all seem to crumple down at the same time. I am trying very hard to get up....

Last edited:
Just like most of us who encountered the fate of having a miscarriage (mc), my horror story started with the gynae telling me that she could not detect any heart beat at week 8 and the growth from week 6 to week 8 was only 0.3mm which is already abnormal. On week 6 we did hear a faint heart beat and were promised we will get louder ones in week 8, but this is what I got after 2 weeks of anticipation! Gynae gave me the usual 3 choices: d&c, wait for natural mc or pill insertion to aid mc. I found myself crying from the clinic to home to sleep to next day. Until my hubby got so mad at me cos everything he said couldn't stop my crying. I kept thinking what had i done wrong. Was it due to too much stress at work and in life? Was it because i ate something wrong? Was it due to my depression? And all sorts.
But before long the natural mc took place even before I could get a second opinion elsewhere. I shall not describe the pain and gruesome details. Soon i found myself at the gynaes office for the next 2 days. The conclusion was i still need to do a d&c cos there are some stubborn tissues clinging on tightly. I was never prepared for such a surgery. But it went through. I was put under general anesthesia so the surgery was over before I knew it. There was little pain when I woke up but that should be normal. Whats not normal to me is the size of the hospital bill. All I can say is d&c is not cheap.
Its been 3 days, I still feel sad for my little baby. I missed those happy little moments I spent with him/her during the cny even though he/she may be just so tiny during then.
Pregnancy, be it successful or failure, do cost alot. When a pregnancy fails, emotional, physical and financial health all seem to crumple down at the same time. I am trying very hard to get up....

Please be strong! The initial heartache is inevitable. It took me a few days for the news to sink in as well. I requested for an extra blood test before we made the decision to d&c. When I was wheeled into the operation theatre, the tears came rolling.
Even now I still have nightmares a few days before my gynae visit.

But believe me that you will see the rainbow soon. Now the most impt thing is take care of your health and do your confinement properly.

Please be strong! The initial heartache is inevitable. It took me a few days for the news to sink in as well. I requested for an extra blood test before we made the decision to d&c. When I was wheeled into the operation theatre, the tears came rolling.
Even now I still have nightmares a few days before my gynae visit.

But believe me that you will see the rainbow soon. Now the most impt thing is take care of your health and do your confinement properly.
Thank u for your encouragement, j_snow.. what did u do for confinement? I only made longan red date drinks. I bathed and washed my hair as normal cos was getting hot and sweaty yet dont dare to have fan blow direct at me :(

Hi there,

Seeking help here. Any recommendations for 2nd opinions gyne as received results of no hb at 8week through u/s though there was hb at 6th at kkh. Was advised to go for d&c.

So kinda lost here as it's my 1st time. So posting here as I can't find any other thread on this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much for the kind and comforting words!
I didn't do confinement as both my mum and mil said its not necessary cuz fake mah zzz.

The funny thing was that I asked the dr for contraceptive pills because I just want to "rest" for 6 months like that and he refused to give! His answer was epic: "Why? Scared? Don't scared! Married already right! Married couple must have lots of sex one! This month don't have, next month try again!" OMG *facepalm*
Hahaha your doc same as mine..u
Who r u seeing ?he told me that..u lost one but in order to forget you must carry one..so make love make babies keep on making....

Hi there,

Seeking help here. Any recommendations for 2nd opinions gyne as received results of no hb at 8week through u/s though there was hb at 6th at kkh. Was advised to go for d&c.

So kinda lost here as it's my 1st time. So posting here as I can't find any other thread on this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Did the baby grow in size?for me, my 3miscarriages hb ended around 8weeks plus and last saw was 6week plus..hb was gone and baby did not grow either..and worse still, my morning sickness was still there when I visited the doctor on my second visit..

Did the baby grow in size?for me, my 3miscarriages hb ended around 8weeks plus and last saw was 6week plus..hb was gone and baby did not grow either..and worse still, my morning sickness was still there when I visited the doctor on my second visit..
Ya i had the morning sickness even after the bad news came too. Very ironic feeling giving false hopes :(

Hi jesmin0918, sorry to hear that but u can say you are very positive. I broke down immediately but have came to terms with it. Anyway according to sonographer, it measured 6week and hb since the last scan at week 6. So it didn't grew. Made appointment for 2nd opinion before deciding on d&c. I do not have any symptoms since day 1 except having headaches and slight nausea.

Thank u for your encouragement, j_snow.. what did u do for confinement? I only made longan red date drinks. I bathed and washed my hair as normal cos was getting hot and sweaty yet dont dare to have fan blow direct at me :(

Yep lrd drink is a must. I din even drink water. Just lrd for the first 3 weeks at least. Sometimes my mum even put ginger inside for the first 2 weeks. I din do anything herbal. Just that my mum cook food with lotsa of ginger.
Den I started on Dom after 1 week. I started bathing 2 weeks later with the herbal thingy bought from medical hall. After which I bathe 3 days apart, if wash hair blow dry immediately. I venture out 3rd week but long sleeves and long pants. If I eat out I was careful with my choices. i slept in aircon but the wind cannot blow you.

I finish nearly 1 bottle of Dom. I drank them every night. The things we have to go through sigh

Yep lrd drink is a must. I din even drink water. Just lrd for the first 3 weeks at least. Sometimes my mum even put ginger inside for the first 2 weeks. I din do anything herbal. Just that my mum cook food with lotsa of ginger.
Den I started on Dom after 1 week. I started bathing 2 weeks later with the herbal thingy bought from medical hall. After which I bathe 3 days apart, if wash hair blow dry immediately. I venture out 3rd week but long sleeves and long pants. If I eat out I was careful with my choices. i slept in aircon but the wind cannot blow you.

I finish nearly 1 bottle of Dom. I drank them every night. The things we have to go through sigh
Wow, so many things to observe. Thanks for sharing..
Ya.. sigh... dont worry we will see the rainbow soon.

But before long the natural mc took place even before I could get a second opinion elsewhere. I shall not describe the pain and gruesome details. Soon i found myself at the gynaes office for the next 2 days. The conclusion was i still need to do a d&c cos there are some stubborn tissues clinging on tightly. I was never prepared for such a surgery. But it happened within the next 4 hours. I was put under general anesthesia so the surgery was over before I knew it. There was little pain when I woke up but that should be normal. Whats not normal to me is the size of the hospital bill. All I can say is d&c is not cheap.
Its been 3 days, I still feel sad for my little baby. I missed those happy little moments I spent with him/her during the cny even though he/she may be just so tiny during then. That cny that seem so extra ordinarily happy, is now part of my tearful memories.
Hi dear , please be strong ! I had 4 Mc. 3 in year 2014 and the 4th one occurred recently.
Like you, we were excited to receive the new addition to the family . Was having spotting during the first few weeks. Did a scan at tmc level 4 twice and hb was detected but was not strong . Last check, bb measured at 6 weeks whereby it supposed to be 8 weeks. Henxe hb could have stop due to development issues ...
I had went thru many blood test too but can't detect anything . I seek 2nd opinion before proceeding for DNC. The gynea from 2nd opinion was quite confidently that my mc might be sure to the fibroid that was growing on my uterus and he suggested to remove it else same thing might happen if I were to conceive again . It is not easy knowing that there a life in us and next it gone :( .. I will be removing my fibroid in time to come before Ttc. Meantime pls take lrd tea and ginger if possible for at least 3 weeks .
Also not sure how old are you ? But pls start multi vit and cq10 before u conceive as it helps a lot in pregnancy . Jia you .

Hi Jesmin0918, did you go for any mc blood test after ur 3 MCs? Did gynea mentioned why it happen ?

Hi all, just came back from 2nd opinion. Can't detect anything. Scheduled for d&c on Monday. Guess not fated to be my child. . Anything for me to take note after d&c and preparations prior ttc again? Oh, I'm hitting 34yrs this year. So I'm quite worried.

Back