(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Just take care of yourself and dont bother about the comments....it's the same for me, i didnt gain a lot of weight but baby at normal percentile for weight.. End of the day most impt thing is baby safe and alright.

ya is true cos different person react differently also, as long bb grow well is most important. people always have their own SOP hehe....

Btw anyone else went for taka baby fair? Any other deals besides Avent that are good ?
I went taka fair yesterday to buy my stroller but didnt take down the bundle details haha..generally if you are 1st 50 customers you get $10 voucher?

Spend > $350 there is a free gift (musical duck i think)
Spend > $650 there is a free gift - musical piano
Every $100 spent during the fair entitles you to 1 lucky draw chance.

Lucky draw tickets will not be issued if you use taka vouchers to offset your purchase.

@Baby Max @mylittlepony I'm gonna go with Novena too, late Dec :) do either of you know what Novena will give us when we discharge from the hospital? I can't remember whether they told us this at the hospital tour, but I don't want to buy duplicates. TMC and Mt A gives a bunch of stuff!

my baby is near to 1.1kg at 28 week, i myself gain 5kg. i am small size and tummy just started show up after 25week like that, sometime people comment do make me stress. they just though is i did not eat enough.

I understand the feeling, my tummy didn't really show much during tri 1 and early tri 2, and people keep chiding me for eating too little. They just assumed I am dieting out of vanity and not thinking about baby's health. Truth was baby weight had been in the 70-80th percentile all along and gynae always warned me about my carbs and sugar intake. At week 28 my bb was almost 1.7kg already -.- Even so, until today people are still making me feel guilty for having a smaller bump than what they expected. But I try to remind myself that gynae says baby is healthy and strong, and his kicks are powerful and frequent, and I should ignore what everyone else thinks :confused:

Reading the posts and see some mommies having anxiety stress like me. For me I initially worry about breastfeeding then I told myself not to push myself if I can't do it. At least I express our. Now looking at my pump I don't even know how to fix it up and which parts to sterilise Coz I am bad at such things. Been trying to watch some videos. A few days ago I was thinking how do I make formula milk ? Is it half hot water and half cold water then put in the milk powder? Test the temp before add milk powder by putting a drop on wrist? Arrgh thinking too much I know but can't help it

Completely agree with you re breastfeeding. We definitely should try our best but not drive ourselves crazy if we can't. I believe a lot of post natal blues comes from breastfeeding stress, but we need our sanity to care for our newborn in so many other ways that they need us for.

You got it right with making the formula milk. Lukewarm water first then add powder, then gently swirl to avoid too much air bubbles. Alternatively use room temp boiled water, mix with powder, then stand the bottle in warm water for a few minutes. I learnt from my antenatal class this is actually optional as room temp milk is actually okay, just that the older folks tend to insist warm milk is better for digestion. Be sure not to handle the bottle teat with your hands - hold the bottle cap ring in your fingers, and use the tongs to remove teats from steriliser, then insert into cap ring. Hope this helps!

Relax and don't overwhelm yourself too much. Will you be having a CL? If not, tell some experienced friends about your anxiety so that any time you have questions you can ask them. I find that mommy friends are super happy to share their newfound wisdom. As back up there is always the internet and forums :) We can do it!

Wow not bad...i'm still considering between getting Avent, pigeon or Tommee tippee...

Like to share:
Metro Centrepoint 3-in-1 avent electric steriliser bundled w pillow n bolster going @ $89 - $30 = $59!!! While stocks last or till 1 nov, whichever is earlier. I dunno why they didn't advertise the additional $30 off

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 195
I understand the feeling, my tummy didn't really show much during tri 1 and early tri 2, and people keep chiding me for eating too little. They just assumed I am dieting out of vanity and not thinking about baby's health. Truth was baby weight had been in the 70-80th percentile all along and gynae always warned me about my carbs and sugar intake. At week 28 my bb was almost 1.7kg already -.- Even so, until today people are still making me feel guilty for having a smaller bump than what they expected. But I try to remind myself that gynae says baby is healthy and strong, and his kicks are powerful and frequent, and I should ignore what everyone else thinks :confused:

wah...bb weight 1.7kg at 28 week, mummy u will have a big baby :) yalo, just ignore ppl comment...bb healthy is most imrptnt for us.

@Baby Max @mylittlepony I'm gonna go with Novena too, late Dec :) do either of you know what Novena will give us when we discharge from the hospital? I can't remember whether they told us this at the hospital tour, but I don't want to buy duplicates. TMC and Mt A gives a bunch of stuff!
Yeah! High chance we may see each other late dec at the hospital! :) i don't know what they will give us... i also want to know :p

Btw anyone else went for taka baby fair? Any other deals besides Avent that are good ?
Taka fair promotion for those that are interested ! For me, my pump, sterilizer, bottle, all diff brands so the bundle deal not applicable for me. I think pigeon stuff at takafair quite cheap, worth buying.

Attachments

• 1446215271848.jpg
    1446215271848.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 196
anybody delivering their babies at Parkway East Hospital? my friends told me to start packing my maternity bag but im not sure what will the hospital provide. just want to make sure i dont over bring or miss out anything impt to bring

This is a continuation of my post earlier, hope this helps for everyone. Seems like Avent has an island wide $30 off all special bundles. on top of whatever sales they are having.

I was at OG Chinatown, they had a promoter to show you how to use the 3 in 1 steriliser.

Less 30% on regular items, Less 10% on special buy items like bundles

OG Bundles (Prices i calculated after discount)

1) 3 in 1 sterilizer with 4 feeding bottles (2 newbord, 2 1M+) --- $105
2) 3 in 1 sterilizer with baby pillow and bolster set --- $90
3) Warmer bundle with container --- $53.10
4) 4 in 1 Steriliser with newborn starter bottle set and set of newborn clothes ---$113
5) (Dr Brown Bundle) Steriliser with newborn bottle set --- $139 (no discount, this isn't Avent)

In addition, there are freebies,
Purchase $100 of Avent products = Sunshade
Purchase $200 of Avent products = 125ml natural bottle and free delivery on items.
Purchase $300 of Avent products = Baby Playmat and free delivery on items.

Takashimaya Fair Bundles (Prices i calculated after discount) I took pictures of the bundles

1) 3 in 1 sterilizer with 3 feeding bottles , warmer, soother, pillow set --- $150
2) 3 in 1 sterilizer with 1 electronic breast pump, warmer, 6 bottles, pacifier and playpen set --- $388
3) Pigeon Rapid steam sterilizer with 4 bottles, warmer, pillow set --- $189 (no discount, this isn't Avent)
ImageUploadedByForum1446269594.417554.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1446269604.701001.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1446269619.079095.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1446269628.132505.jpg

Purchase $350 of Baby Fair Items = Musical Duck?
Purchase $650 of Baby Fair Items= Musical Piano
Every Purchase $100 of Baby Fair Items = 1 Lucky Draw Chance. Lucky Draw top prize is Delphin Home Vacumn Cleaner Worth $3,900 and the rest are Takashimaya Vouchers

Do note that if you offset your purchase with Taka Vouchers you wont get the Lucky Draw Ticket.

Metro Centerpoint Bundles (Prices i calculated after discount)

1) 3 in 1 sterilizer with pillow set --- $59
2) 3 in 1 sterilizer with 4 bottles and pillow set --- $105
2) 3 in 1 sterilizer with warmer, 4 bottles and pillow set --- $158
3) 3 in 1 sterilizer with warmer, 3 bottles, 2 soothers, washcloth set and small bag set --- $169
4) 4 in 1 Steriliser with 2 soothers, washcloth set, pillow set and 1 cloth diaper ---$149
5) 4 in 1 Steriliser with 4 bottle (newborn set), and newborn clothes set ---$113

Purchase $80 of Avent Products = Mamy Poko Wipes

ImageUploadedByForum1446269639.251360.jpg

Last edited:
Apologies... supposed to update mummies here about the fair yesterday... looks like @Lynnie0803 has shared what I wanted to share...

Seems there is like nothing much there... but inthink if you were to go up to their baby dept there is slightly more things... a few items are on sales there...

Hi all mommies...

Not too sure if anyone out there wants... hubby and I went to a seminar today and return with 8 packs of frisomum gold samples... i dun really drink milk... so we are blessing all the milk powder samples we got... any takers? O we also have a box of mom and me (nestle) to bless too...

My wedding band and proposal ring both cant fit already! u are lucky u can still fit urs.. think my case is not similar to urs then.. coz the achin is painful so i cant even crack it.. haha.. ^_^||
My hand is pain also , visited gynea he said is normal . My fingers will get numb sometimes

Completely agree with you re breastfeeding. We definitely should try our best but not drive ourselves crazy if we can't. I believe a lot of post natal blues comes from breastfeeding stress, but we need our sanity to care for our newborn in so many other ways that they need us for.

You got it right with making the formula milk. Lukewarm water first then add powder, then gently swirl to avoid too much air bubbles. Alternatively use room temp boiled water, mix with powder, then stand the bottle in warm water for a few minutes. I learnt from my antenatal class this is actually optional as room temp milk is actually okay, just that the older folks tend to insist warm milk is better for digestion. Be sure not to handle the bottle teat with your hands - hold the bottle cap ring in your fingers, and use the tongs to remove teats from steriliser, then insert into cap ring. Hope this helps!

Relax and don't overwhelm yourself too much. Will you be having a CL? If not, tell some experienced friends about your anxiety so that any time you have questions you can ask them. I find that mommy friends are super happy to share their newfound wisdom. As back up there is always the internet and forums :) We can do it!
Don't be stress off on the breastfeeding . We try to relax . For me during my girl I got pressure from my Ah ma and keep ask me about breastfeeding . My girl can't latch on due to my short nipple . So I pump out for her and Mix with formula milk if not enough. I'm stress and cry because Ah ma keep asking me .

After that , I told myself just be normal and relax . If got Prob call Kkh hotline or ask friend around .

My feet is so badly swollen that my gynae is asking me to wear compression socks to sleep :confused: I got a pair today from Guardian and whilst it hasn't made the swelling go away yet, at least my feet don't feel so tender and sore. Any mummies with the same issues might want to try.

I was waiting for the delivery of the baby cot the whole day, yesterday. Finally it came. Felt body aching very badly and pasting salonpas plaster everywhere except on my tummy. Going for a scan again on Tuesday to see bb's position and etc. Going to see diaper bag and wrote a list of things to pack for delivery too. Btw, remember to increase your cards withdrawal limit through Internet banking if u have not done so and to register for baby bonus too.
ImageUploadedByForum1446336354.862456.jpg

Hi all mommies...

Not too sure if anyone out there wants... hubby and I went to a seminar today and return with 8 packs of frisomum gold samples... i dun really drink milk... so we are blessing all the milk powder samples we got... any takers? O we also have a box of mom and me (nestle) to bless too...
Pmed you! Thanks!

I washed baby clothes for first two mths Ytd. Was bending down to pack them and rinse, after that my upper tummy was so tight and bloated. Back also ache. Today continue tom fold and wanted to wash bedsheets and some towels but lazy. Now see the weather going to rain I heck it. Lying on sofa now but mind is running thru the to do list. Haven packed hospital bag etc

I was waiting for the delivery of the baby cot the whole day, yesterday. Finally it came. Felt body aching very badly and pasting salonpas plaster everywhere except on my tummy. Going for a scan again on Tuesday to see bb's position and etc. Going to see diaper bag and wrote a list of things to pack for delivery too. Btw, remember to increase your cards withdrawal limit through Internet banking if u have not done so and to register for baby bonus too.View attachment 587379

Register for baby bonus? So fast? i thought at the hospital delivery time then can do it..

I reg for baby bonus and open cda account on the portal too. Will they send us some confirmation after that or we have to wait till we reg the birth certificate then update the details online again ?

Hi mummies,

I am in my week 34 and 3 days now. I weigh 71kg and bb is 2.3kg. But I have been feeling numbness on my tail bone and nerves on my right thigh feels painful when I stand up and walk. Anyone has such problem. Should I be walking or take bed rest?

Hi mummies,

I am in my week 34 and 3 days now. I weigh 71kg and bb is 2.3kg. But I have been feeling numbness on my tail bone and nerves on my right thigh feels painful when I stand up and walk. Anyone has such problem. Should I be walking or take bed rest?

I'm having these pain. Dr says it's quite normal and should go away after delivery. It's not harmful to the baby.

Anyone went for the detailed scan for 3rd trimester? Can share what the detailed scans check for?

Yes, I just went for the 8th month growth scan. My placenta was borderline low during the 5th month detailed scan. So they did a check if it has gone up. They also checked water level, baby position, etc.

Last edited:
Hi mummies. Im 34weeks this week. I went for the growth scan yesterday and the doctor scheduled my next appointment in 4 weeks time, which will be around 38 weeks. I asked around people I know and they told me that their appointment is every 1 or 2 weeks once they reach 32 weeks as their doctor will check dilation and water level. Should i check again and request for faster appointment? My next appointment is a scan.

Yes, I just went for the 8th month growth scan. My placenta was borderline low during the 5th month detailed scan. So they did a check if it has gone up. They also checked water level, baby position, etc.
How much U pay for this scan ?
I also did the scan today but never check placenta . She said doc never indicate . Haiz

Is this similar to the week 20 detailed scan? I just went for my week 34 visit but gynae never mentioned anything about a detailed scan.

Yes, I just went for the 8th month growth scan. My placenta was borderline low during the 5th month detailed scan. So they did a check if it has gone up. They also checked water level, baby position, etc.[/QU

is this scan compulsory? cause i remember when i sign up for the package i don recall any further scan after the detailed scan at 20 weeks. I remembered the clinic asst said the 30 weeks something scan is only when necessary ..

Oh in which week will we have detailed scan in third tri?

The scan is done around week 32. It's not compulsory. It depend on your week 20 scan if any concern like low placenta, baby position, etc. If your gynae never ask u to do so mean everything is normal.

Hi everyone! I am fortunemew! So Sorry I join this forum so late! I am due in Dec 15, I would like to join the Dec 2015 mummies grp in facebook.. who I can PM my email address to who? Thanks!

This is my no 2 child n currently 33 wks pregnant and due in middle Dec but i think may give birth earlier as gynae commanded me to go full bedrest now at home to avoid early delivery and avoid mild contraction.

Thanks pongtch and soyabean love for the replies.

I only know this scan to be done around week 32-34. It is stated in my package although it will be charged separately.
I am scheduled for this scan in 2 weeks time.

Back