(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

can check anyone taking hospital leave and rest at home about 36 week onwards? my wife annual leave and MC not enough soon. :rolleyes:

Hi, I took HL from mid Oct till now, after this week will be taking ML (2 weeks from edd). I'm just glad that my company allowed me to take HL, coz I was prepared to take No pay leave to cover already.

In my opinion, not all companies like their staff to take so many days of MC/HL.

PS: I did tell my middle managers that I might not be working in my third trimester.. so they were mentally prepared I guess.

My boy was induced coz e umbilical cord was ard his neck so still not in position at 39 wks. When I reached e hospital, was oredi 1.5cm dilated so din need e tablets. But my gynae cut my waterbag den to start e contractions, not when 8cm dilated leh. If too long or baby in distress den need to go c sect. But after 10 hrs of labor, managed to gif birth to him naturally, although fainted from excessive loss of blood due to a super big tear whilst trying to push him out wif e cord still ard his neck. Woke up 3hr+ later n my gynae was still stitching me up in e delivery suite. But I'm hoping my waterbag will burst on its own dis time coz haven experienced before leh. Heehee...
first you will be checked if you are dilated. if your cervix is still closed and not dilated, you will be inserted with the tablet to soften your cervix and dilate. after that you will be strapped onto CTG and monitored. after 8 hours, if still not dilated, another tablet will be inserted.

this is repeated 3 times until you are at least 3 cm dilated

after you are 3cm dilated, the contraction medicine will be given to you via the IV drip. and waiting continues again... until you are 8cm or more dilated, depending on your gynae then he/she will proceed to burst your water bag.

By the way, my bb is out already. so instead of "dec mum" become "nov mum" :D same situation as nana09 for me so had to be induced.

Its long and slow and painful...compared to my #1 when water bag broke by itself.

Maybe different ppl may have different experience, but if you ask for my opinion, i feel its better to let it happen naturally instead of inducing birth unless you have strong medical reasons that the baby should be induced.

mine was induced like nana09 because of low water level. maybe already super low water level already so until last moment then gynae wanted to burst? not sure.. :D

But the water bag was burst prior also for mine. it burst during one of the time when checking for dilation. mine came out with umbilical cord ard neck too.. but pre matured bb.i feel waterbag burst on its own much faster. It was much faster for my #1 comparatively

My boy was induced coz e umbilical cord was ard his neck so still not in position at 39 wks. When I reached e hospital, was oredi 1.5cm dilated so din need e tablets. But my gynae cut my waterbag den to start e contractions, not when 8cm dilated leh. If too long or baby in distress den need to go c sect. But after 10 hrs of labor, managed to gif birth to him naturally, although fainted from excessive loss of blood due to a super big tear whilst trying to push him out wif e cord still ard his neck. Woke up 3hr+ later n my gynae was still stitching me up in e delivery suite. But I'm hoping my waterbag will burst on its own dis time coz haven experienced before leh. Heehee...

Last edited:
Ic. Nvm lar. Bb out n all safe most impt. Congrats!
mine was induced like nana09 because of low water level. maybe already super low water level already so until last moment then gynae wanted to burst? not sure.. :D

But the water bag was burst prior also for mine. it burst during one of the time when checking for dilation. mine came out with umbilical cord ard neck too.. but pre matured bb.i feel waterbag burst on its own much faster. It was much faster for my #1 comparatively

first you will be checked if you are dilated. if your cervix is still closed and not dilated, you will be inserted with the tablet to soften your cervix and dilate. after that you will be strapped onto CTG and monitored. after 8 hours, if still not dilated, another tablet will be inserted.

this is repeated 3 times until you are at least 3 cm dilated

after you are 3cm dilated, the contraction medicine will be given to you via the IV drip. and waiting continues again... until you are 8cm or more dilated, depending on your gynae then he/she will proceed to burst your water bag.

By the way, my bb is out already. so instead of "dec mum" become "nov mum" :D same situation as nana09 for me so had to be induced.

Its long and slow and painful...compared to my #1 when water bag broke by itself.

Maybe different ppl may have different experience, but if you ask for my opinion, i feel its better to let it happen naturally instead of inducing birth unless you have strong medical reasons that the baby should be induced.

Congratz and speedy recovery. :) At last you can see your cute bb.

Hi mummies,

I am week 35 and baby has not engaged. My gynea said next week (week 36) if she is still not engaged. Most likely we will go thru c-sec. Any mummies has such experience? Is there a possibility that bb will engaged till last min?

Hi, I look at the packing list for the hospital bag seems a lot of items. But I wan to try avoid unnecessary items. Esp we don't have car.. Anyone can sure the must bring items to hospital? I going to deliver at kkh class c. Thanks a lot.

Oh I tot it is ok to wait a few wks more to see if baby engages? Only after scan then can know whether baby is engaged? I don't think mine is engaged yet too coz I still feel her quite high up tho she is heads down at 32 wks check.

Oh I tot it is ok to wait a few wks more to see if baby engages? Only after scan then can know whether baby is engaged? I don't think mine is engaged yet too coz I still feel her quite high up tho she is heads down at 32 wks check.

My bb likes to position herself right side of my tummy and high up on my tummy. Gynea said after week 36, it is unlikely she will turn. Less space. So he will monitor next week and see her postiton again. Gosh! It's seems I am closer and closer to the date.

My boy was facing downwards but not engaged even at 39 wks so my gynae did a detailed scan den saw e umbilical cord ard his neck so nx day admitted to hospital for induction le. My boy managed to come out via natural delivery. Depends on ur gynae. My gynae is pro natural delivery so as long as there's chance of natural delivery, he allowed us to wait.
My bb likes to position herself right side of my tummy and high up on my tummy. Gynea said after week 36, it is unlikely she will turn. Less space. So he will monitor next week and see her postiton again. Gosh! It's seems I am closer and closer to the date.

My boy was facing downwards but not engaged even at 39 wks so my gynae did a detailed scan den saw e umbilical cord ard his neck so nx day admitted to hospital for induction le. My boy managed to come out via natural delivery. Depends on ur gynae. My gynae is pro natural delivery so as long as there's chance of natural delivery, he allowed us to wait.

I see. My gynea recommends natural also. But I guess will follow his suggestion if he thinks that c-sec is best solution for us.

Hi, I look at the packing list for the hospital bag seems a lot of items. But I wan to try avoid unnecessary items. Esp we don't have car.. Anyone can sure the must bring items to hospital? I going to deliver at kkh class c. Thanks a lot.

U can try sending an email to ask for more detail.

Tok to ur bb. I think some of e mummies posted some exercises dat can help e bb to turn. U nv noe. Not e last min yet. Anything is possible. My colleague's niece was told muz b c sect coz baby was horizontal in e tummy n refuse to move even up to e day before e op. On e day of delivery, e bb juz turned n came out via natural delivery instead. :)
I see. My gynea recommends natural also. But I guess will follow his suggestion if he thinks that c-sec is best solution for us.

Hi mummies,

I am week 35 and baby has not engaged. My gynea said next week (week 36) if she is still not engaged. Most likely we will go thru c-sec. Any mummies has such experience? Is there a possibility that bb will engaged till last min?

I read this from an app and thought it might help :) THere's an exercise to encourage baby to turn.

Attachments

• 1447531674391.jpg
    1447531674391.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 229
has anyone have any headaches after drinking milk these days? I recently tried Nestle Mom & me but during drinking found the taste is kind of metallic and smelly, and right after that i have super headache..the milk isn't expired, from brand new packet too..

has anyone have any headaches after drinking milk these days? I recently tried Nestle Mom & me but during drinking found the taste is kind of metallic and smelly, and right after that i have super headache..the milk isn't expired, from brand new packet too..

Best is to check with gynae n I believe him or her will ask u to stop the intake.

During my 1st trimester, I could only drink chocolate milk. 2nd trimester only fresh milk. Last trimester back to chocolate milk again. For my number 1, it wasn't e same too. If u really dun feel well, juz change to another brand or drink something else. All else fails, u can take calcium tablets. :)

Any mummies has swollen feet and hurts when walking? My one leg is more swollen than the other. Not sure if normal..

My right leg is more swollen than left one since week 30. Legs feels sore when walking. And the skin colour turns redness due to the water retention and swollen effects.

My Gynea will press my legs and he mentions if there is sharp pain, then must inform him. Do you have any sharp pain on Ur legs? Sharp pain may indicate blood clot somewhere. If dun have, then it's okie. Did your Gynea mention anything? You can let Ur Gynea know. If too painful to walk, then better call Gynea.

Any mummies has swollen feet and hurts when walking? My one leg is more swollen than the other. Not sure if normal..

Having noticeably swollen feet these few days... right feet more swollen (unless my eyes are playing trick on me)... discomfort when walking also... guess you are not alone! Going to my gynae tml and see what he says... but i am hoping by today the dwelling will go down... my feet looks like elephant leg now! I know it sounds a bit too... but that what i feel la... elephant leg... T.T

Try not to walk too much and raise your feet up whenever possible. I never had swollen throughout this pregnancy until two weekends ago I went to stay in a chalet and climbed up and down the stairs. But right after I rested for two days the swollen feet was gone. However I still have some white spots near the ankles of my feet wonder if that's a sign of poor blood circulation or low iron ??

During my 1st trimester, I could only drink chocolate milk. 2nd trimester only fresh milk. Last trimester back to chocolate milk again. For my number 1, it wasn't e same too. If u really dun feel well, juz change to another brand or drink something else. All else fails, u can take calcium tablets. :)
Thanks!

My right leg is more swollen than left one since week 30. Legs feels sore when walking. And the skin colour turns redness due to the water retention and swollen effects.

My Gynea will press my legs and he mentions if there is sharp pain, then must inform him. Do you have any sharp pain on Ur legs? Sharp pain may indicate blood clot somewhere. If dun have, then it's okie. Did your Gynea mention anything? You can let Ur Gynea know. If too painful to walk, then better call Gynea.
I dont have sharp pain but when my hubby massage the swollen feet it is quite painful and can see the area where he pressed actually sinks in. I am seeing my gynae this wed and will check with her.

I dont have sharp pain but when my hubby massage the swollen feet it is quite painful and can see the area where he pressed actually sinks in. I am seeing my gynae this wed and will check with her.

Yes, better ask Gynea. My hubby also help my massage my feet. The water retention will cause the skin surface to sink in but will pop back again. When my hubby massage my legs and feet, I will feel soreness but will feel relief during the massage. U can ask your Gynea to do a more detailed check.

Hi mummies,

Need some opinion.

If gynea recommend to do c-sec due to bb position and ask us to fix a date for surgery, would you find a master to calculate a good date for your bb? Or would you select a date that is meaningful? It happens that the one of c-sec dates that Gynea wants us to choose falls on our wedding anniversary.

Just came back from hospital due to low lying placenta and sudden bleeding and get to know two mummies who were warded for more than one mth due to their 2nd episode. Apparently, low lying placenta can bleed anytime and anywhere without warning. U have to be on alert and get your stuff ready. The two mummies seen a lot premature delivery.

Hi Mummies, would like to check if there is addition charges if induce is needed? How about elective inducement? Going for natural, but thinking of inducing baby out at 37/38 weeks.

Just came back from hospital due to low lying placenta and sudden bleeding and get to know two mummies who were warded for more than one mth due to their 2nd episode. Apparently, low lying placenta can bleed anytime and anywhere without warning. U have to be on alert and get your stuff ready. The two mummies seen a lot premature delivery.

Take care! Hang in there. A few more weeks to go.

Just back from gynae checkup and baby still in breech position. If baby don't turn by week 37, gynae is going to arrange C-sect by week 38. Any mummies have the similar problem? Why can't the gynae wait till week 39 for the C-sect? Any other gynae also recommend C-sect in week 38?

Just back from gynae checkup and baby still in breech position. If baby don't turn by week 37, gynae is going to arrange C-sect by week 38. Any mummies have the similar problem? Why can't the gynae wait till week 39 for the C-sect? Any other gynae also recommend C-sect in week 38?

My bb is in upright position now. And my gynea also recommended by end of this week (which is week 37 for me) if bb position not turn, he will schedule c-sec between week 38-39. Reason why cannot wait till week 39 - 40 is because they are worried about emergency c-sec which has a higher risk. My case is same as yours. I will know by this Sat if I need to do c-sec.

I rather have a schedule c-sec than emergency one. Cause I worried that water-bag will break or contraction will come earlier than expected. If that happens and bb not in right position, then I will have to go for emergency c-sec.

I have the exact same issue as you - both legs swollen but right leg is worse. Last few visits I have mentioned this to Dr Teo, but all she asked me to do is to wear compression socks (didn't help) and elevate my feet. During one of the visits she did ask if I have headaches or blurred vision, as alongside with fluid retention it could indicate pre-eclampsia. Otherwise, just have to live with it :/

I have the exact same issue as you - both legs swollen but right leg is worse. Last few visits I have mentioned this to Dr Teo, but all she asked me to do is to wear compression socks (didn't help) and elevate my feet. During one of the visits she did ask if I have headaches or blurred vision, as alongside with fluid retention it could indicate pre-eclampsia. Otherwise, just have to live with it :/

I am seeing her tmw.. i guess she will say the same thing. But the sole of my feet hurts when i walk especially after sitting down for a while.

My bb is in upright position now. And my gynea also recommended by end of this week (which is week 37 for me) if bb position not turn, he will schedule c-sec between week 38-39. Reason why cannot wait till week 39 - 40 is because they are worried about emergency c-sec which has a higher risk. My case is same as yours. I will know by this Sat if I need to do c-sec.

I rather have a schedule c-sec than emergency one. Cause I worried that water-bag will break or contraction will come earlier than expected. If that happens and bb not in right position, then I will have to go for emergency c-sec.
Hi! I am in the same situation now. My gynae says baby unlikely to turn now coz I just reach 38wks! He recommend me to do c-sect on one of the day next week which is 1 week before my edd at wk 39! But he says before the op they will still scan one more time, if baby really turns, they will cancel the op!

i read somewhere that only 3 or 10% babies are in breech. But going by what im reading on this forum, the % must be higher!!
I'm 1 day away from wk35. In my last scan, my baby is still in breech.

My gynae is also very keen on early C-sec, and will confirm the dates in my visit next week. She did not really explain why. I was starting to get worried and wanted to get a 2nd opinion. But reading the comments from other mummies about wanting to avoid emergeny c sec situation, i feel a bit better knowing that it is a common advice.

any mummies here having hubby keep wanting to take video of the whole birth process? mine nearly bought a camcorder but lucky he didn't. hubby face changed after my gynae says... No video and photo during the process... only after baby is out... the look on hubby face was... wahahaha... (mummy is loving it la... cos i had been telling him... he is inside to give support one.. not to take video... but he can't seem to accept... so ya... ) can imagine the differences between mummy and daddy face there and then... BTW this is the policy for SGH... not too sure about other hospitals...

any mummies here having hubby keep wanting to take video of the whole birth process? mine nearly bought a camcorder but lucky he didn't. hubby face changed after my gynae says... No video and photo during the process... only after baby is out... the look on hubby face was... wahahaha... (mummy is loving it la... cos i had been telling him... he is inside to give support one.. not to take video... but he can't seem to accept... so ya... ) can imagine the differences between mummy and daddy face there and then... BTW this is the policy for SGH... not too sure about other hospitals...

lol. I also told my hubs very firmly, no photos and no videos. I'm not going to want to look at it, our future child will not want to see it, and he won't be allowed to show it to anyone else (sometimes he has boundary issues). Have your hubby watched any birthing videos before? After we had to sit through 5 birthing video clips during our antenatal class, he got what I meant by its NOT something he would want to rewatch again and again, heh heh.

Hi all mommies, I am 37 weeks 6 days (coming 38 weeks soon). There are signs of her moving near my cervix and tailbone pain.
My gynae in KKH tells me that there are Zero dilation, probably only engaging.. she is in head down position now.
Yet I cannot wait for her to come out soon. Gynae is towards pro natural birth; so she doesn't recommend induce unless necessary.

Am I too impatient or is it something wrong that there are not even a cm dilation for 37 weeks pregnancy?:(

Hi all mommies, I am 37 weeks 6 days (coming 38 weeks soon). There are signs of her moving near my cervix and tailbone pain.
My gynae in KKH tells me that there are Zero dilation, probably only engaging.. she is in head down position now.
Yet I cannot wait for her to come out soon. Gynae is towards pro natural birth; so she doesn't recommend induce unless necessary.

Am I too impatient or is it something wrong that there are not even a cm dilation for 37 weeks pregnancy?:(

Hi, urs is under subsidize or private? How did they check for dilation in kkh?

Hi, urs is under subsidize or private? How did they check for dilation in kkh?
Mine is private. The gynae insert some tools in to check whether there are effacement or dilation ..which i admit is quite uncomfortable.
Quite disappointed to hear that it is not even a cm dilate...she is too comfortable inside...

I'm wondering what will be the checkup like for subsidize? I'm going for 34 week checkup next week. But my below was painful each time I roll over to change position or lift my leg. Although not super pain but no comfortable at all..

I'm wondering what will be the checkup like for subsidize? I'm going for 34 week checkup next week. But my below was painful each time I roll over to change position or lift my leg. Although not super pain but no comfortable at all..
:)Your baby should have drop to your cervix area to prepare for labour. Maybe your gynae might do group B strep test next week.

lol. I also told my hubs very firmly, no photos and no videos. I'm not going to want to look at it, our future child will not want to see it, and he won't be allowed to show it to anyone else (sometimes he has boundary issues). Have your hubby watched any birthing videos before? After we had to sit through 5 birthing video clips during our antenatal class, he got what I meant by its NOT something he would want to rewatch again and again, heh heh.

Haha... i dun think mine watch or maybe he watched on youtube... we didn't watch it together... but he was complaining... why others can but he cannot... but you are sure right... i am NOT and will not want to watch it... my kid will also not want to watch it... (rather mummy will make sure he don't see it =x) so i have no idea after he take the video who will be seeing it beside himself... =X

that is funny! anyway, mount E orchard has the same policy.
Anyway, my husband is also extremely strange. He is keen to see the placenta and cord cause he is curious. *faints*. I' quite sure he would want to take pictures and videos too if allowed.

Back