(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Any mummies fighting sleeping bugs in the afternoon.... it is so embarrassing that I keep dozing off in the late mornings and afternoons in the office..... :oops::oops::oops:

lol i just did that yesterday but mine mostly afternoon. And mostly occur when i didnt sleep well the night before. And just go for a walk to another building and back i feel tired liao :confused:

I have started feeling my little kick since last week....i am now in week 21.
I am sure it was not a gas!!!
A feeling of something is moving quickly inside your tummy... quite interesting;)

Hi Mommies,

I am new and this is my first pregnancy and also my first time joining a forum.
I am at week 20 now. Edd: Dec 3rd
Please add me on facebook at : [email protected]

Would like to get to know more mommies out there esp Edd around my time too.

Cheers!
Nic

I have started feeling my little kick since last week....i am now in week 21.
I am sure it was not a gas!!!
A feeling of something is moving quickly inside your tummy... quite interesting;)

Hi mommy rabbit,

I felt the same thing esp during evenings and early mornings. It happened on my left and when i went for a scan, indeed BB boy's legs were there.
:) got Hubby to feel it and he got excited too. Amazing indeed!

Actually I also never say I felt baby kicking... he just tell me... make sure baby kick everyday... I was like... @@ orh... I might be wrong, but... when baby start kicking, you will feel it kick from that day onwards... no? Cos that what happened to me... felt the naughty boy kicking me once and a few times on the same day... then subsequently felt his kick daily liao... almost at the same time esp. during weekday (reminder for Mummy to go lunch aka shopping time, reminder mummy to go finish work faster then can bring him go home rest, sometime will kick mummy to wake up cos morning... more accurate than my alarm clock... sometimes I wonder how he know the time...)
May u stay still too long. When you move around, bb felt like water bed. So bb wake up to kick you to to ask you move around so that bb can go back sleep.

Actually all these emo happened last night when I was watching a TV show and pregnant woman had difficulty in labor. That scares me and the previous m/c experiences that I had emerged from my mind and started to feel very sad and emotional the whole night. The whole night I was in stated of sadness, so worried that I will go into depression. I fell asleep when tiredness from crying kicks in. Strangely, when I was feeling very emo, my bb keep kicking me that whole night, as if she is telling me not to worry and telling me we will be fine. Maybe it is just my imagination. I hope my emo last night won't affect my bb too much. Perhaps I should go speak to my gynea and get some assurance first before my detailed scan two weeks later. Perhaps I am just over-reacting and worry too much. Silly me.....

Last edited:
Actually all these emo happened last night when I was watching a TV show and pregnant woman had difficulty in labor. That scares me and the previous m/c experiences that I had emerged from my mind and started to feel very sad and emotional the whole night. The whole night I was in stated of sadness, so worried that I will go into depression. I fell asleep when tiredness from crying kicks in. Strangely, when I was feeling very emo, my bb keep kicking me that whole night, as if she is telling me not to worry and telling me we will be fine. Maybe it is just my imagination. I hope my emo last night won't affect my bb too much. Perhaps I should go speak to my gynea and get some assurance first before my detailed scan two weeks later. Perhaps I am just over-reacting and worry too much. Silly me.....

I too am feeling emo at the slightest trigger and well, it is pretty normal isn't it?

Try not to think so much and believe that everything will be fine. It might not be easy, as I am guilty of negative thinking all too often as well but as you said, your baby is kicking you to remind you that she is alright and everything will be fine.

I have been avoiding shows that will feed into my negativity actually, like the show about new born babies struggling with medical conditions. It made me think about if anything will happen to my baby as well, Because even after all the tests, it might not tell everything about if the baby will be healthy.

My husband has been trying to get me to think more positive, and I am worried my thinking will affect the baby as well.. We just have to trust that everything will be all right.

sorry ladies. some side track here.

can ask something about bowel movement? and sorry in advance for TMI . :oops: i do go to toilet everyday to clear my bowels but these 2 days the amount seems to be lesser than usual. Is it a sign of constipation again? the output is not hard , just like normal output 'quality' . i drink tons of water and do make sure i take fruits and veg everyday .

im just hoping it's not constipation again :(

I too am feeling emo at the slightest trigger and well, it is pretty normal isn't it?

Try not to think so much and believe that everything will be fine. It might not be easy, as I am guilty of negative thinking all too often as well but as you said, your baby is kicking you to remind you that she is alright and everything will be fine.

I have been avoiding shows that will feed into my negativity actually, like the show about new born babies struggling with medical conditions. It made me think about if anything will happen to my baby as well, Because even after all the tests, it might not tell everything about if the baby will be healthy.

My husband has been trying to get me to think more positive, and I am worried my thinking will affect the baby as well.. We just have to trust that everything will be all right.

So it is normal for pregnant woman like us to feel emo once a while. Maybe because I am the gan jiong type of person and wants to get things do quickly and this contributes to my anxiety previously. Then I start to worry that I don't know how to handle my bb when she is born. I think I worry and overthink too much.

I have been trying to relax myself for the past few months and tell myself that things will fall in place eventually. I hope I am not having an depression. My hubby just told me that I think too much. He has assured me that he will help me throughout. *deep breathe*..... and relax.....

can ask something about bowel movement? and sorry in advance for TMI . :oops: i do go to toilet everyday to clear my bowels but these 2 days the amount seems to be lesser than usual. Is it a sign of constipation again? the output is not hard , just like normal output 'quality' . i drink tons of water and do make sure i take fruits and veg everyday .

Hi DesperateMummyWannabe,

I have the same problem also. You need to drink more water and eat more fruits. I find dragonfruits are good for me.

Hi DesperateMummyWannabe,

I have the same problem also. You need to drink more water and eat more fruits. I find dragonfruits are good for me.

i was ok until 2 days ago. i drink 2 litres of water in office everyday . used to take dragon fruit everyday till my bro said it can be cooling so now its every other day. on days that im not taking dragon fruits ill take other fruits and every morning ill take a kiwi . its just that the output quantity is lesser than usual these 2 days ....

i was ok until 2 days ago. i drink 2 litres of water in office everyday . used to take dragon fruit everyday till my bro said it can be cooling so now its every other day. on days that im not taking dragon fruits ill take other fruits and every morning ill take a kiwi . its just that the output quantity is lesser than usual these 2 days ....

Or maybe you can try cranberry or prune juice? Another of my pregnant friend told me she took these two when she has constipation problems. I usually take apples everyday and dragonfruits (once every 3 days).

@ahockz Maybe... haha... but yesterday he know mummy going to have a hard time waking daddy up... he join mummy by kicking mummy... maybe he think daddy can feel...

@Faith&Hope0902, dun worry u r definitely not alone! I am finding myself tearing at night for the smallest stupidest thing too! sometimes watching too much TV is kind of not too good for us ya? like see mc then we will wonder if we gonna suffer the same... see on TV having difficult birth we will wonder will we suffer the same fate... maybe time to stop watching TV and just stick to reading books... =X

just had my detailed check on tuesday... though all clear... baby is healthy and good... now start to wonder liao... is he really good? haiz... mummy dun start worrying when she become a mummy... even before she become a mummy... her worries starts...

@ahockz Maybe... haha... but yesterday he know mummy going to have a hard time waking daddy up... he join mummy by kicking mummy... maybe he think daddy can feel...

@Faith&Hope0902, dun worry u r definitely not alone! I am finding myself tearing at night for the smallest stupidest thing too! sometimes watching too much TV is kind of not too good for us ya? like see mc then we will wonder if we gonna suffer the same... see on TV having difficult birth we will wonder will we suffer the same fate... maybe time to stop watching TV and just stick to reading books... =X

just had my detailed check on tuesday... though all clear... baby is healthy and good... now start to wonder liao... is he really good? haiz... mummy dun start worrying when she become a mummy... even before she become a mummy... her worries starts...
Watch running man. My wife keep laughing while watching.

Thanks. Yah, I am trying to get over and do dwell too much. My detailed scan is two week later and I guess I am anxious to see my bb and know that she is growing okie.

I worry everyday now and hope to feel her kick everyday so that I know she is doing well.

Good that your check is cleared.... now you can start doing shopping.... :)

Thanks. Yah, I am trying to get over and do dwell too much. My detailed scan is two week later and I guess I am anxious to see my bb and know that she is growing okie.

I worry everyday now and hope to feel her kick everyday so that I know she is doing well.

Good that your check is cleared.... now you can start doing shopping.... :)

Everything gonna be alright! shopping begin so much earlier thanks to the excited daddy to be... the moment we know of baby... he already started looking around for things to fill his room... i cannot imagine what happen today if i didn't stop him then... I might go back to a baby house more than my house... =X **better not let hubby know of this post**

Is it the channel 8 9pm show final 10 mins part? :D

You are normal dont worry. i also cried at that scene.. too emo too . hehehe....

eating more carbohydrates like rice or bread also helps i feel in addition to water and fruits intake.

Or maybe you can try cranberry or prune juice? Another of my pregnant friend told me she took these two when she has constipation problems. I usually take apples everyday and dragonfruits (once every 3 days).
Hi... Can check with u whether u're eating the red or white ones? I only like the red ones... Can eat??

Everything gonna be alright! shopping begin so much earlier thanks to the excited daddy to be... the moment we know of baby... he already started looking around for things to fill his room... i cannot imagine what happen today if i didn't stop him then... I might go back to a baby house more than my house... =X **better not let hubby know of this post**

Yours is a baby boy? Maybe there is why ur hubby is so excited. He can decorate the room accordingly to his favourite football team or characters etc.....

Mine is a baby girl and my hubby wanted to get Star Wars items! He said Star Wars got Princess Leia, suitable for girls too! *Alamak*...... I told him bb girl should like "Hello Kitty" more than "Star War"..... If mine is a boy, he would sure decorate bb's room with lots of bat-man character! *shake head*.... hahaha!

Hi... Can check with u whether u're eating the red or white ones? I only like the red ones... Can eat??

I like the white ones, so I only take the white one. Think both should be the same???? But I dun eat them everyday, I rotate different fruits every day..... Like Monday - apples, Tues - oranges, Wed - dragonfruits, etc.

Yours is a baby boy? Maybe there is why ur hubby is so excited. He can decorate the room accordingly to his favourite football team or characters etc.....

Mine is a baby girl and my hubby wanted to get Star Wars items! He said Star Wars got Princess Leia, suitable for girls too! *Alamak*...... I told him bb girl should like "Hello Kitty" more than "Star War"..... If mine is a boy, he would sure decorate bb's room with lots of bat-man character! *shake head*.... hahaha!

Yup! I cannot imagine if baby is a girl... spider-woman? that be soooo.... @@ haha... but Star Wars for bb girl? that's gonna be like... a bit too manly for a girl ya? Personal view... no offence... for me i tell hubby... as much as he like spiderman... control!!! and stop influencing baby... baby has the right to like what he like... dun because daddy like spiderman, influence baby from birth...

Yup! I cannot imagine if baby is a girl... spider-woman? that be soooo.... @@ haha... but Star Wars for bb girl? that's gonna be like... a bit too manly for a girl ya? Personal view... no offence... for me i tell hubby... as much as he like spiderman... control!!! and stop influencing baby... baby has the right to like what he like... dun because daddy like spiderman, influence baby from birth...

Hahaha! I agree! He wanted to get Star Wars "diaper" bags so that he can carry the bag himself.... *shake head*... hahahaha!

I am starting not to like this... =X imagine one day shopping hubby see spiderman diaper bag... i think we are in the same boat, @Faith&Hope0902... hoping not to see any spiderman diaper bag until baby is toilet trained...

Haha! Yah, I think so.... our hubbies behave quite similar..... My hubby disagrees with my diaper bag and said it is too "girly" for him.... so he want something "customised" to his liking..... so his search online is either Star Wars or Batman! Hahaha!

upload_2015-7-23_15-29-44.png

here.. starwars diaper bag :D

I dun know... he just did a random search online and saw there is..... Hahaha!!!

Haha! Yah, I think so.... our hubbies behave quite similar..... My hubby disagrees with my diaper bag and said it is too "girly" for him.... so he want something "customised" to his liking..... so his search online is either Star Wars or Batman! Hahaha!

I am up to no good now... oops =X perhaps we can make use of this situation to our advantage... =X Tell hubby... u want star wars or batman diaper bag? can! as long as we are out, anything that got to do with diaper, such as diaper changiing etc, all settle by him alone... mummy will continue shopping =X OK I know... I sound bad...

actually its good to let hubby choose the design of the diaper bag if he has any preference. Anyway if go out together he will be the one who is carrying the diaper bag :D

previously for my #1, he didnt like the girly colour of my bag so i bought another diaper bag for him to carry when we go out together. When he isnt out with us then I will carry my own diaper bag. hehehe

if u choose a girly colour end up wait ur hubby might say he doesnt want to carry the diaper bag coz it looks too girly for him to carry :D

Hahaha! I agree! He wanted to get Star Wars "diaper" bags so that he can carry the bag himself.... *shake head*... hahahaha!

actually its good to let hubby choose the design of the diaper bag if he has any preference. Anyway if go out together he will be the one who is carrying the diaper bag :D

previously for my #1, he didnt like the girly colour of my bag so i bought another diaper bag for him to carry when we go out together. When he isnt out with us then I will carry my own diaper bag. hehehe

if u choose a girly colour end up wait ur hubby might say he doesnt want to carry the diaper bag coz it looks too girly for him to carry :D

We actually got a neutral design bag... but it looks a little kiddish... it looks exactly like the one in the pic... only thing is it is a white cow.. cos we thought after that baby can use for schooling...

Attachments

• Simpledimpleshieldbackpack-cow-brown.jpg
    Simpledimpleshieldbackpack-cow-brown.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 129
is it heavy ?

My first diaper bag was from Eddie Bauer. But I find the bag too heavy (ie. even when it was empty it already felt heavy) and hubby didnt like the design. so later I changed to LeSportsac & Kipling because the material is sturdy yet light weight.

My diaper bag for hubby was from LeSportsac - Ryan Baby bag. I chose the Zoo cute print because it feels cute enough to me and I told hubby it is dark blue based colour so he can carry it too. :D

upload_2015-7-23_15-39-53.png

I also use the LeSportsac Voyager Backpack. Can store lots of things, yet light weight and keep my hands free when I am out. The design of the Voyager Backpack looks like the picture below. Mine is a different print though :D

upload_2015-7-23_15-42-19.png

We actually got a neutral design bag... but it looks a little kiddish... it looks exactly like the one in the pic... only thing is it is a white cow.. cos we thought after that baby can use for schooling...

is it heavy ?

My first diaper bag was from Eddie Bauer. But I find the bag too heavy (ie. even when it was empty it already felt heavy) and hubby didnt like the design. so later I changed to LeSportsac & Kipling because the material is sturdy yet light weight.

My diaper bag for hubby was from LeSportsac - Ryan Baby bag. I chose the Zoo cute print because it feels cute enough to me and I told hubby it is dark blue based colour so he can carry it too. :D

View attachment 556658
I also use the LeSportsac Voyager Backpack. Can store lots of things, yet light weight and keep my hands free when I am out. The design of the Voyager Backpack looks like the picture below. Mine is a different print though :D

View attachment 556660

the one we had was quite light when emptied... but hubby now thinks too kiddish... o_Oo_O:(:( and is looking at other bag... for me i find it ok... when baby old enuff can get him to carry on his own le... =X

Back