(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Mummies, my bb estimate weight is only 2.3kg and I am already at week 36. I put on 1.5kg but it didn't go to him. Is there anything I can eat to fatten him up?

This is a gd ideal weight, isnt it? The last appt I went at 28weeks baby was weighing 1.18kg and gynae said baby is growing well, this is a good weight? According to gynae, baby will grow exponentially abt 150-200g per week during the last trimester, so by 32 weeks should weigh ard 1.8kg and by 36 weeks ard 2.4-2.6kg? Too big is not good because gynae says will be difficult for natural vaginal birth, as the head or shoulders may get dislocated and cant go through the canal and may need emergency c-section.

Any mummies got comments on Spectra M1 breast pump? I bought that because i find Medela Freestyle very ex... Lol... I didn't wanna commit Medela cos i dunno if i have got enough breast milk to begin with for the pumping...

Sharring ur sentiments. I am v worried about bb being too small coz my last scan was only at 7th percentile and I certainly hope BB can be healthy to leave the hospital with rather than staying put at nicu.
my gynae was saying more important is full term than heavy bb but is preterm. so he assure me that weight and size is not the main issue

my gynae was saying more important is full term than heavy bb but is preterm. so he assure me that weight and size is not the main issue
well for my case he already told me it's tough for me to go full term due to my risk factors like, age, GDM, possibility of growth retardation etc. Just have to hope for the best.

@Skivewalker keep a happy mood ok. n keep talking to you bb. bb will noe de. Dr once assured me even full term babies can have breathing difficulties while preterm baby do not. It's up to individual baby n asked me not to cluster all pre term babies as problematic babies. Worry is unavoidable for a mummy. Like u I oso wondering when she decides to come out but I tried to let it be. God's will. Baby's decision. Haha.

@Skivewalker keep a happy mood ok. n keep talking to you bb. bb will noe de. Dr once assured me even full term babies can have breathing difficulties while preterm baby do not. It's up to individual baby n asked me not to cluster all pre term babies as problematic babies. Worry is unavoidable for a mummy. Like u I oso wondering when she decides to come out but I tried to let it be. God's will. Baby's decision. Haha.
Yup I will stay positive. Thanks :)

Any mummies got comments on Spectra M1 breast pump? I bought that because i find Medela Freestyle very ex... Lol... I didn't wanna commit Medela cos i dunno if i have got enough breast milk to begin with for the pumping...
I was conteplating between Spectra and Unimom.. but I finally settled for Unimom instead. not because spectra is no good... just that Unimom is cheaper and have better bundle. So I choose the cheaper one.

dont worry. we will keep you in prayers. =)

I was conteplating between Spectra and Unimom.. but I finally settled for Unimom instead. not because spectra is no good... just that Unimom is cheaper and have better bundle. So I choose the cheaper one.
I see, cos i didn't know there is another option which is Unimom... Lol... If not would have evaluated this alternative too.

Wow. So much to catch up as haven't been logging in. A few here are giving birth soon! So exciting!

Anyway,any carriers to recommend? Bjorn or ergo? Am afraid material will be hot.

Wow. So much to catch up as haven't been logging in. A few here are giving birth soon! So exciting!

Anyway,any carriers to recommend? Bjorn or ergo? Am afraid material will be hot.
i got a MGG and a ERGO organic. haben try it out yet. i also got a hana wrap too. abit KS haha. if u like to personalize, u can go for MGG. their material is really good and we love our customized MGG very much

Hi all mummies!

I'm currently at week 37 + and have not engaged any postnatal massage lady! Do you all think it's necessary / essential to engage one or can do without one? :)

To me, i seen the 'wonder' just the massage can do.. Esp pushing up the womb ...
As for slimming really depends... Not everyone will be back to pre preg shape. :) of cos to spend that amount of $$ i also hope to see some results. Hehe.
Good to reserve a massage lady early before delivery. Even if dun engage its okie if no deposit.

Thanks furbee!

I'm trying to engage a ML too... any recommendation? I remember seeing a post here regarding postnatal massage but I can't seem to find it already hahaha

To me, i seen the 'wonder' just the massage can do.. Esp pushing up the womb ...
As for slimming really depends... Not everyone will be back to pre preg shape. :) of cos to spend that amount of $$ i also hope to see some results. Hehe.
Good to reserve a massage lady early before delivery. Even if dun engage its okie if no deposit.

Nv tried so wont dare to go thru it :p hehe.
Sheran since u gg for c-sec u can check with ur gynae if u can go for brazilian since ur in late preg stage...best to get their advise lor. If not they still have to shave u b4 c-sec if i rem..

My gynae adv against it...but I was jus tinking of convinience

Better not lah...... Ur gynae female? All the more den do.. Tahan few mths after confinement den do lor.... Can endure la..lol. N aso with our big belly cant c below aso :p

Im waiting to see if e sg50 goody bag's carrier is any good before buying one. I actually hv one luckybaby carrier given to me and used it for my #1, but dun really like it cos bb's legs are dangling ard, seems like not good posture or something.

any recommended binder for post delivery? I am still considering whether to buy expensive one or just normal range.. hmm..

I still pending diaper changing mat and bathtub. andi nv buy enuf bottles. Only 2 avent, 3 medela haha. Nv tried dr brown's or tommy tippee yet.. probably will buy if need so only.

my bb weight in wk32 was 1.8-1.9kg. I got my next appt next week Monday.. hope all is good :) getting very heavy nowadays...

any recommended binder for post delivery? I am still considering whether to buy expensive one or just normal range.. hmm..

I still pending diaper changing mat and bathtub. andi nv buy enuf bottles. Only 2 avent, 3 medela haha. Nv tried dr brown's or tommy tippee yet.. probably will buy if need so only.

my bb weight in wk32 was 1.8-1.9kg. I got my next appt next week Monday.. hope all is good :) getting very heavy nowadays...

Wah u bot so many bottles? Lol. I be using the great eastern freebie pigeon bottle. Actualy i wld intro como tomo instead of tommee tippee for u to consider. :)

Bath tub is gd to have. I nv use changing mat, cos i experienced the poo flying even with mat. Lol. I used those hospital disposable sheets tat have leftover from my stay during emergency only (like poo overflow from the sides)

1.8-1.9kg is a gd weight!

I tot hippychick or wat is quite popular now.. Can sit comfortably n with support...?
I think ergo is gd enuff, cos not v thick. I havent get mine too, still considering if i really will use anot...

I have ergobaby, can't wait to use it when baby is 4 mths old. Highly recommend not to buy from unknown sources like qoo10 or carousell pre orders coz lotsa of fakes floating around, they get stocks from China. Looks super real and selling like $90. Just google and u can find US mummies blogs comparing the real and fake ones, they are almost similar right down to the packaging. U won't be able to tell unless u have an original one side by side to compare. But note no QC and what if buckle or seams breaks? Baby will be in danger.

My sis had an ergobaby and couldn't live without it so of course I bought one too. Madame Googoo full buckle is tempting and I'm likely gonna order 1 one of these days when I can't resist the temptation. It's quite costly but online reviews says it's even more comfortable for the baby than ergo.

My sis sold away her babybjorn coz the straps hurt her back so bad, weight distribution isn't as good as ergo - that's her review. She absolutely loves her ergobaby carrier.

Nowadays a lot of Korea hip seat carrier too, if that's the kind u like. i-mama, todbi, pognae are quite reputable ones and sold like hotcakes at recent baby fair.

How many bottles is ideal to have? I've got tommee tippee bottles as a gift n avent bottles that comes with the sterilizer....not sure if still need to get some more or not. Haha. Heard bottles need to be changed after use for dunno how long? .... Or I can just change the teats as and when needed.

Recently saw a fb grp recommending Pur vacuum bottles. Said can help preserve nutrients and flavour of BM. Dunno gd or not. Anyone heard of it?

I bought pognae but dunno gd or not. Wait bb pop den can try n see. Haha.

@furbee Hospital provides disposable sheet? that's nice. I just gotten diaper changing mats. Aiyo.

I have ergobaby, can't wait to use it when baby is 4 mths old. Highly recommend not to buy from unknown sources like qoo10 or carousell pre orders coz lotsa of fakes floating around, they get stocks from China. Looks super real and selling like $90. Just google and u can find US mummies blogs comparing the real and fake ones, they are almost similar right down to the packaging. U won't be able to tell unless u have an original one side by side to compare. But note no QC and what if buckle or seams breaks? Baby will be in danger.

My sis had an ergobaby and couldn't live without it so of course I bought one too. Madame Googoo full buckle is tempting and I'm likely gonna order 1 one of these days when I can't resist the temptation. It's quite costly but online reviews says it's even more comfortable for the baby than ergo.

My sis sold away her babybjorn coz the straps hurt her back so bad, weight distribution isn't as good as ergo - that's her review. She absolutely loves her ergobaby carrier.

Nowadays a lot of Korea hip seat carrier too, if that's the kind u like. i-mama, todbi, pognae are quite reputable ones and sold like hotcakes at recent baby fair.

Hey i agree with u.. in fact I just got cheated. Bought from carousell just to realise its counterfeit after sending all the pic to ergobany.com to authenticate. They quickly can identify its fake and reply me. i sent again my friend's from kiddy palace and they confirmed its aithenticity! So i return to seller (good thing she allowed!) and bought from spring maternity instead. Also bought infant insert since I have yet to but stroller.. lol. Considering quinny or babyzen but both quite costly.. i nv really research so much to other brands though. My other friend bought stokke carrier also her baby likes it.. :)

Im waiting to see if e sg50 goody bag's carrier is any good before buying one. I actually hv one luckybaby carrier given to me and used it for my #1, but dun really like it cos bb's legs are dangling ard, seems like not good posture or something.

The sg50 carrier is actually not bad tho. Its from baba sling. Just that the solid red color can be a bit too loud. its actually quite stiff at first... but after few usage... it's soft and follow the contours of the baby.

5 bottles?!! That's a lot I suppose. Unless u are planning to FM feed the baby. I only bought 1 avent bottle, coz I know I want to direct latch the baby. Bought 1 just in case. Then bought unimom pump, there's a bottle included as well. Been alternating both bottles for feeds when I am not direct latching. So far manageable tho. I still have one more pigeon bottle from free gift from hospital which I have yet to use.

I was skeptical on buying lots of bottles after reading that some babies dont like the bottles that we buy. Hence wasted after buying so expensive bottles. That's why I bought 1 bottle first just to test market on the baby. So far so good.

Ya, best not to change the bottles often as bb will get confused with nipple during bf, n teats..

To change bottle i think max 6 mths, but by then will turn yellowish if use frequently...

Hey i agree with u.. in fact I just got cheated. Bought from carousell just to realise its counterfeit after sending all the pic to ergobany.com to authenticate. They quickly can identify its fake and reply me. i sent again my friend's from kiddy palace and they confirmed its aithenticity! So i return to seller (good thing she allowed!) and bought from spring maternity instead. Also bought infant insert since I have yet to but stroller.. lol. Considering quinny or babyzen but both quite costly.. i nv really research so much to other brands though. My other friend bought stokke carrier also her baby likes it.. :)

wow very lucky that seller agree to let you return it! very immoral hor...so the seller also knows it's a fake so allowed you to return.

I didn't get the infant insert coz initial months i think i wont go out too often so i will rely on my sister's hand me down pupsik pouch and the babasling from SG50 package LOL.
I think babyzen yoyo is great! just that when keeping it is not one-hand fold and really expensive. But i like that it's very portable. I don't like heavy strollers to start with coz I can't handle it. but if u can, it's so sturdy and nicely built. think iCandy, Stokke, Quinny are all big wheels strollers that are sturdy and popular.
I personally considered only between Aprica and Combi. In the end I got Aprica heehee coz only 5kg and one hand fold/open.

I didn't purchase the hospital grade one though, just bought M1 type, which is portable and has rechargeable battery that's all...

I have the S1+ hospital grade one. I think M1 is good enough though coz size very portable and reviews very good.
S1 is really really huge and not portable at all. So if my bf is successful, i will get a M1 or S9+ else quite impossible to bring S1 out...bulky and heavy,

Ya, best not to change the bottles often as bb will get confused with nipple during bf, n teats..

To change bottle i think max 6 mths, but by then will turn yellowish if use frequently...

My pd rec to change bottles every 6mths, which I think I did for #1 as newborn. But as she grew up, I haven changed the bottles for a year liao hahaha. Nway she auto weaned off and drinking milk frm cup now.

The sg50 carrier is actually not bad tho. Its from baba sling. Just that the solid red color can be a bit too loud. its actually quite stiff at first... but after few usage... it's soft and follow the contours of the baby.

Dats good! Save money hehe :)

I have the S1+ hospital grade one. I think M1 is good enough though coz size very portable and reviews very good.
S1 is really really huge and not portable at all. So if my bf is successful, i will get a M1 or S9+ else quite impossible to bring S1 out...bulky and heavy,
True... I hope BF will be successful for us!!! Thanks for sharing!

True... I hope BF will be successful for us!!! Thanks for sharing!

yeah yeah let's jiayou together!

I just counted maternity leave 16 weeks, actually if we start ML last week of May, it will end around 2nd week of Sep. Quite short...only slightly more than 3 mths. hehe

Mummies, i saw got few of u ordering the herbs soup from newbaby.sg, any reviews or anyone tried before?
I was thinking of buying from hock hua or those medicinal halls...

Ya ML only 3.5mths or less... Sigh. I guess i back work by aug....lol, den clear long leave go holidays!! So looking foward.....

Hopefully our milk will keep on flowing!!

So far mine has been good. I cant believe I am milking! Hehhehe...

Jia you!
Nazriah so far bf ok for you? I am a bit worried don't know if got milk or will get engorgement. I heard so many stories ended up nummy give up to bf babies :(

Mummies, i saw got few of u ordering the herbs soup from newbaby.sg, any reviews or anyone tried before?

Ya ML only 3.5mths or less... Sigh. I guess i back work by aug....lol, den clear long leave go holidays!! So looking foward.....

so good u have holidays planned out liao! where you going?
i am dying for a holiday!!

Furbee.. I ordered but have yet to try cos baby still hot in tummy la.

Nazriah so far bf ok for you? I am a bit worried don't know if got milk or will get engorgement. I heard so many stories ended up nummy give up to bf babies :(

i've also heard so many stories from friends and bloggers.
But i think actually boils down to individual's body also. my friend took lactation cookies, mother's milk tea and drank fish soup and tried all she could, nothing works for her to boost her supply. since birth, her baby is consistently on formula + breast milk till about 4 mths and then the milk just became so little it stopped altogether. But she tried her best already. I also quite salute her for her determination. But her baby is very healthy and very, very chubby!

I suspect the key is latching for successful bf? once baby can latch well - seems like will not have engorgement issues, blocked ducts, can trigger the right hormones to produce a good supply and clear the breasts well rather than rely on breast pump. But it's the latching that's the most painful to endure as I've heard from my sis and sis in law....the bleeding and sore nipples doesn't allow them to have baby latch on as frequent as they like. Or need a lactation consultant to really guide you in latching baby correctly hor? Hope everyone's bf journey will be smooth!

So far ok lah... the first week was hell! I didnt know what to expect and it hurt so bad. Cracked nipple on the 4th day. Bleeding on the 5th... had a breakdown by 6th day...

I guess it takes a lil getting use to the whole process. ...

Ohhhh a lil tip. .. get ready at least 2 small towels... wet it and freeze it. They work sooo well on engorged breasts.... almost like orgasm. Hahhaha.... but seriously.... they worked wonders for me. For fast relieve and cooling down the crack nipples. The lactation consultant suggested using chill cabbage or even frozen wet diapers. I dont like to waste food or even diapers. Towels work as well. And u can always reuse them again.

I pump to keep me sane.... direct latch can be soooo tiring. .. so bottle feeding isn't that bad... it helps to keep me from going crazy. Hehhe....
I pump abt 2 to 3 times daily and the rest will be direct latch... and my milk flow has been good. Hope it stays that way.... keep talking to the breast just as u talk to the baby when baby was in your tummy. Hehhe... my mantra "formula milk is expensive! !"

And ohhh..... so far I didnt take any supplements for milk booster... even tho I got the lactation tea as gifts and I even bought fenugreek. Haven't use them yet tho.

I followed what my SIL been doing. Just eat and drink well and milk will come! She has been nursing for one year alrdy.

So far ok lah... the first week was hell! I didnt know what to expect and it hurt so bad. Cracked nipple on the 4th day. Bleeding on the 5th... had a breakdown by 6th day...

I guess it takes a lil getting use to the whole process. ...

Ohhhh a lil tip. .. get ready at least 2 small towels... wet it and freeze it. They work sooo well on engorged breasts.... almost like orgasm. Hahhaha.... but seriously.... they worked wonders for me. For fast relieve and cooling down the crack nipples. The lactation consultant suggested using chill cabbage or even frozen wet diapers. I dont like to waste food or even diapers. Towels work as well. And u can always reuse them again.

I pump to keep me sane.... direct latch can be soooo tiring. .. so bottle feeding isn't that bad... it helps to keep me from going crazy. Hehhe....
I pump abt 2 to 3 times daily and the rest will be direct latch... and my milk flow has been good. Hope it stays that way.... keep talking to the breast just as u talk to the baby when baby was in your tummy. Hehhe... my mantra "formula milk is expensive! !"

hahaha.....thanks for the tips!! i shall try on all your methods including talking to my breast...hehe

by the way mummies = i just discovered bong qiu qiu blog about her journey into motherhood - she's so funny and direct. no false pretense.
for those who wants a good read and laugh - do check out her blog

Hi mummies, I can't seem to find the thread for post natal massages. If I remember correctly, there is a lady named Ida (whose sister is Emma). Does anyone have her contact and if she did your post-natal massage, is she recommended?

I put on quite some weight during this time and would like to lose the weight after baby comes out end May.

Thanks in advance!

@nazriah i tot cold compress is to reduce milk if its too much..? If blocked ducts can use warm compression with hot towel(cool abit before putting breast), shower n massage press hard on the blocked ducts.. But i used to pump 3 hourly cos like easily engorged. Ur bb able drink both sides? Or one side den u pump d other??

@happycsk , i did pay for seperate LC consultation 45mins $50, one to one advice n coaching n she see how i bf my kid, n helped adjust the posture, bb lip position, how to open bb mouth bigger n to unlatch, etc..

@nazriah i tot cold compress is to reduce milk if its too much..? If blocked ducts can use warm compression with hot towel(cool abit before putting breast), shower n massage press hard on the blocked ducts.. But i used to pump 3 hourly cos like easily engorged. Ur bb able drink both sides? Or one side den u pump d other??

@happycsk , i did pay for seperate LC consultation 45mins $50, one to one advice n coaching n she see how i bf my kid, n helped adjust the posture, bb lip position, how to open bb mouth bigger n to unlatch, etc..

Dunno leh.... LC say cold compress if engorged. ... cold and hot also can. Cold works better for me esp in this weather. Hot like no diff only.
She drinks from both breasts.... i pump also both sides as well. My breasts also like very fast replenish.

I went to antenatal class and they mention if engorge shld use cold compress,it does reduces milk flow though. Eg. Cold = contracts, hot = expand. And frozen cabbage shld be the last resort as it reduces milk flow rapidly. So u gotta 'restart' again after u feel more relief.

Hot compress will cause the ducts to expand thus more milk will flow into the breasts causing more engorgement.

Hi mummies, I can't seem to find the thread for post natal massages. If I remember correctly, there is a lady named Ida (whose sister is Emma). Does anyone have her contact and if she did your post-natal massage, is she recommended?

I put on quite some weight during this time and would like to lose the weight after baby comes out end May.

Thanks in advance!
Emma 9182 2373
Ida 9424 9829

Hope I got them right. Have engaged Ida for the massage.

Back