(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Yah lor… nway my gynae gog away first wk of May *double gasps* so baby better dun come out during dat time too! Altho the gynae taking over is Ben Tham, sounds like some of e mommies' gynae here?

Today is unbelievably hot. Evening liao why still so hot?!?

Yeah @cynn04 at least me n another 2 mummies is under ben tham! If u see him, remember bring thumbdrive, alot photos of scan stored during d visit.

Oh my, i see the pic of ur swollen feets, seems the water retention is real bad! Do u all walk alot?
For me i practically walk all the way whilst in office. At most 2-3hrs at desk rest of time walk up n down, so far 3 preg nv swell. I duno how true, but i heard drinking too much before bed can aso cause some water retention...

Confinement during this humid, hot, irritating weather seems depressing leh. Sigh. @yew_yew, u doing 30days confinement? Got bathe everyday?

wow! wouldn't baby likely be rather big by then? mine was 2.4kg at week 35, and by week 37, he was 3kg! at that rate, by 39 weeks maybe 3.6kg already...

I dunno leh, im actually more worried i'll be the one putting on the weight haha! But my first, a girl, carried to full term oso only 2.62kg. So based on dat, dun expect this to be a big bb bah.

@furbee, I'm doing 28 days. I start counting from the day I was discharged. Yes,it's horrible to do confinement in this weather. I don't sleep in aircon room coz my hubby cannot tahan cold temperature. My baby too. So I've been telling him that this baby takes after him. I bathe everyday with herbs dipped in water.

Btw, scans are not accurate. Baby's weight may differ. Mine was born at 2.4kg but at the last scan before she was born,the machine said 2.8kg. My gynae used his hands to feel my tummy and he actually estimated the weight quite accurately.

Great! Your bb is a boi or gal? My son weighs 3.2kg at my 37wks. :)

I am at end of wk 37. My baby gal weights 3.27kg. Same as u r. Trying to control not to eat stuff to make baby bigger. ....
Carrying the weight around is so tiring for my legs. Very hard to find a good position to sleep at night.

@furbee, I'm doing 28 days. I start counting from the day I was discharged. Yes,it's horrible to do confinement in this weather. I don't sleep in aircon room coz my hubby cannot tahan cold temperature. My baby too. So I've been telling him that this baby takes after him. I bathe everyday with herbs dipped in water.

Btw, scans are not accurate. Baby's weight may differ. Mine was born at 2.4kg but at the last scan before she was born,the machine said 2.8kg. My gynae used his hands to feel my tummy and he actually estimated the weight quite accurately.

Wah no aircon… dat sounds awful, dunno how u surviving! At least u get to bathe everyday.

Yeah i agree dat machine estimates of bb's weight are just estimates. It was way off for my first one - 3kg+ (est) vs 2.6kg (actual)

so about 400gm difference from gynae machine scan versus actual baby weight hor
Depends... for my #1, est her to be 3.1-3.2kg, but when she came out, she's 2.9kg. That's pretty close. and also depends on the gender I think... girls usually are lighter when they come out compared to the est weight.

@yew_yew, maybe you can on the air con to cool down the room before you sleep. Hopefully it will help. I'm not intending to let bb sleep in air con so probably will on air con in living room n my room n leave the door open throughout the night so that whole place is cool.

Do you boil the herbs in big pot n transfer to pail for bathing?

@happy08, yup. My confinement lady helps me boil the herbs and then transfer to pail.

I just had my first session of post natal massage. Never had it for first 2 deliveries. Hopefully it will help me reduce my tummy size effectively.

My confinement lady, the massage lady and a lot of our friends and colleagues asked us to go for no.4. Try for a son. Seriously, I really want a son and like I said,I miss being pregnant (I'm not joking). But, when I think of the money spent on gynae checkups and delivery and having to juggle 4 kids, I shudder with fear. Sigh.

Anyway,anyone expecting no. 4 here?

@happy08, yup. My confinement lady helps me boil the herbs and then transfer to pail.

I just had my first session of post natal massage. Never had it for first 2 deliveries. Hopefully it will help me reduce my tummy size effectively.

My confinement lady, the massage lady and a lot of our friends and colleagues asked us to go for no.4. Try for a son. Seriously, I really want a son and like I said,I miss being pregnant (I'm not joking). But, when I think of the money spent on gynae checkups and delivery and having to juggle 4 kids, I shudder with fear. Sigh.

Hi Yew Yew..how is the massage lady service? Malay? I am thinking to engage one also.

Actually if the financial situations allows, no harm trying for no. 4 since you are mentally game for it and your body condition seems very suitable (since massage lady also advise it)

This is my first pregnancy. I am honestly very scared of the morning sickness as I vomited excessively and I got hospitalised. Even the thought have having the 2nd one scares me lol.
I also dont think our financial can allow for 4 kids in sg as it will be quite shiong. But my FS master actually told us frankly we can expect to have only 2 kids and his prediction about first being a girl came true. So I don't doubt him. Maybe, I hope, I will miss pregnancy like you do after I deliver this little baby in my tummy and yearn to get pregnant again.

If there were no factors stopping me (not sickness, not money, not concern about lack of caregiver), i would want 3 kids, doesn't matter boys or girls. I think having a bigger family is a great blessing!

@yew_yew , let it happen naturally lor.. Honestly if ur financial able to provide jus the minimum for ur kids, go for it.. If not, jus wait couple of yrs later? I ask my hubby after #3 wan #4 anot? He gave a flat no. But i dun intend to ligate either. Honestly having 2 i can feel the strain financially thou both of us r working FT.

Yea i agree @happycsk ! Having more = blessing, but i aso worry if i have d time to educate them as a parent :( so hard to manage time!!! :mad:

I wish I cld say I miss pregnancy. ... but I dont! Not a single bit at all. Glad its over.
Its more tiring actually now that the baby is out. But at least after seeing her lil face, all will be justified.

For now, I don't think I wanna go thru the 9 months all over again. Its just a mind tiring process in my opinion.

Let me chill for a couple of years, maybe I'll change my mind! But in a couple of years I'll be 40 when I give birth. ..

We'll see when the time comes...

@furbee you are a lucky woman blessed with 3 babies!!
true also about the education part, i bet it's tough. I definitely will wait a while before trying for a 2nd one. See how i struggle with this #1 first! hahaha

I wish I cld say I miss pregnancy. ... but I dont! Not a single bit at all. Glad its over.
Its more tiring actually now that the baby is out. But at least after seeing her lil face, all will be justified.

For now, I don't think I wanna go thru the 9 months all over again. Its just a mind tiring process in my opinion.

Let me chill for a couple of years, maybe I'll change my mind! But in a couple of years I'll be 40 when I give birth. ..

haha @nazriah i am with u on this - i wish i could but i don't. i even gave my husband a warning that i do not want the 2nd one so soon coz he would love to have children close in age gaps but i told him i would kill him. lol! he himself is 5 years older than his brother so he finds the gap too wide and no common topics when growing up.

@furbee, i actually agree with you on the education part. Now,I feel like I'm neglecting the 2 older girls. But can't be helped. I try to read stories to them when I'm not nursing the baby or not too tired. It's also this reason that I'm really thinking hard if I want no.4.

My hubby always wanted 2. He knew I wanted 4 so we came to a compromise - 3 kids. He doesn't care about the gender; it's me who wants a son. When his colleagues asked him to go for no.4, he just laughed. I asked him "So,you want or not?" He replied "Up to you lah." Duh. I can't come to a conclusion. If he gave a flat no,I will quit the idea of having no.4 but he gave this kind of answer....sigh.

Anyway, sorry for digressing. Feeling kind of emo about this topic. Haha. Perhaps I should think about this again in 2017. Coz hubby and I were saying,if we really go for no.4, it has to be year 2017.

your hubby is very sweet...he leaves the option of having #4 open to you after all. :)

Don't emo okie. Have a good recovery and confinement this month. Enjoy your happy family of 5 first! It's only 2015 now and 2 more years to 2017! Cheers!

I am also with you nazriah. At week 38++ now, feels like being pregnant forever. I do not think that I want to be pregnant anymore. Bring this watermelon everyday, very tiring. I just want my baby to pop soon. Although I know it would be more tiring after the baby is pop. I still dunno how I will survive with this first baby. Hubby busy working and I need to do these things by myself. No support from both parents or parents in law since they are all overseas. Only my mom will come to help for few months, after that I really need to do by myself. Do not think I have extra energy for the second one.

I am also with you nazriah. At week 38++ now, feels like being pregnant forever. I do not think that I want to be pregnant anymore. Bring this watermelon everyday, very tiring. I just want my baby to pop soon. Although I know it would be more tiring after the baby is pop. I still dunno how I will survive with this first baby. Hubby busy working and I need to do these things by myself. No support from both parents or parents in law since they are all overseas. Only my mom will come to help for few months, after that I really need to do by myself. Do not think I have extra energy for the second one.

Your situation totally same as me. Parents and parents in law at overseas too, no body to take care when pregnant. Everything need to prepare our self. My mom will only come to help me to do confiment and after that my MIL take turn.
My 1st one still haven't come out my husband already ask when we plan to have the 2nd one .

Your situation totally same as me. Parents and parents in law at overseas too, no body to take care when pregnant. Everything need to prepare our self. My mom will only come to help me to do confiment and after that my MIL take turn.
My 1st one still haven't come out my husband already ask when we plan to have the 2nd one .
hahaha... that's why I want my hubby to see me when I deliver his baby. I hope he can appreciate and feel that it is not easy for all mummies. Really need to think twice making baby next time. lols.....

Wah some of you thinking so far ahead liao. I enjoyed my first pregnancy, but not this one. Juggling work and one kid and all the morning sickness etc with no help is really quite tough. Luckily these days, my hubby's workload seems lighter, and he is helping out alot more, so feel much better.

Having one kid is fine, lifestyle wise easier to maintain for us parents. But when I see how lonely my gal was, really wanted to give her a sibling for company. Its heartening dat she keeps mentioning her brother this, her brother that now even tho baby haven come out.

Initially I wanted 2 kids... coz having one kid like so pitiful for the kid coz no siblings. Both husband and I come from big family, so its only natural to have more than 1 kid.

BUT after going thru the pregnancy and labor, I think for now, 1 is enough. Its a mutual feeling for both husband and I.

My baby will have her cousins to be her siblings.
I hope I am not being selfish to my baby.

Maybe if I am younger I wld definitely consider having even 3 kids...

Initially I wanted 2 kids... coz having one kid like so pitiful for the kid coz no siblings. Both husband and I come from big family, so its only natural to have more than 1 kid.

BUT after going thru the pregnancy and labor, I think for now, 1 is enough. Its a mutual feeling for both husband and I.

My baby will have her cousins to be her siblings.
I hope I am not being selfish to my baby.

Maybe if I am younger I wld definitely consider having even 3 kids...

Yah if hv alot of cousins still not so bad. My gal only has one on my hubby's side, and we dont see each other dat often. My siblings dun hv kids yet.

Now i totally agree dat shld hv kids when younger haha! Maybe if im younger by 3-4yrs would oso consider having 3 kids :D

Yah if hv alot of cousins still not so bad. My gal only has one on my hubby's side, and we dont see each other dat often. My siblings dun hv kids yet.

Now i totally agree dat shld hv kids when younger haha! Maybe if im younger by 3-4yrs would oso consider having 3 kids :D

Lots of cousins... so ok lah... not too bad.
My side got 8 cousins, my husband's side got 5 cousins.
And from my side, I took care of 6 of them almost from they were born till before I got married. So kinda close to them and they better help to take care of my daughter. Hehhe

Hi mummies! I've been MIA for a while.. :p Been too busy with handover at work and actually delivered my baby preterm on 04/04/15 at 35w4d gestation. Everything's good and we are both doing well at home. :) Hope everyone is coping well here!

Here's a pic of my little boy, very alert at 12 days old!

Jonavan.jpg

Thanks ladies! Yeah I MIA-ed a long time. Sorry about that. Was also on HL since March due to some bleeding issues. So during that time I also had to do handover both from home and go back office few days a week to clear paperwork.

@furbee, confinement is okay! Weather is quite hot though. I just hide in aircon room with baby when it gets way too hot. I'm not wearing long sleeves and long pants either. It's just not possible in this freaking hot weather.

Hi mummies! I've been MIA for a while.. :p Been too busy with handover at work and actually delivered my baby preterm on 04/04/15 at 35w4d gestation. Everything's good and we are both doing well at home. :) Hope everyone is coping well here!

Here's a pic of my little boy, very alert at 12 days old!

View attachment 516249
Congrats starrymommy!!!! Your boy is soooo handsome. So happy for you :)

So exciting seeing mummies giving birth one by one!

Last night I thought I'm going into labour as I've regular contractions from 20 mins interval to 5 mins interval over 4 hours. Then about 1 am I got too tired and fell asleep. Woke up feeling like another day. Haha no more regular contraction etc. No water bag burst or bloody show...

Really not sure when to admit myself to the hospital... worried that it will be false alarm! How so we identify and know when to admit?

Just hit 38 week today!

@eatsleepgym , i told my dr i had pains, he still can laugh at me say 3rd preg i still cant differentiate whether contractions anot ah. :eek:

Honestly, i think it really aint easy to know when r we gg thru true labour! I also worried...i've dilated 3cm, but no contractions... more worried when my discharge getting thick but still no signs. Lol.

U really can tahan 4hrs...*gasp* is ur back aching during tat 4 hrs?

@starrymommy , u got CL help u? Wah envy can be in a/c in shorts n non long sleeve! Sigh, i so stress in tis weather but still have to prepare long pants n long sleeve...gonna ask my mama let me bathe every alternate day if not i sure go mad.
The prob with working moms is theres so many work to do b4 delivery. No proper or right time to handover!! Haha.
Anw Hows ur milk supply so far?

Haha really not easy to differentiate... maybe when pain until cannot liao then it's time to go to the hospital haha

My back was aching too. No matter which position I lie, the contraction still come and go... but today I'm feeling ok le. So last night was false labour... luckily never go hospital...

@eatsleepgym , i told my dr i had pains, he still can laugh at me say 3rd preg i still cant differentiate whether contractions anot ah. :eek:

Honestly, i think it really aint easy to know when r we gg thru true labour! I also worried...i've dilated 3cm, but no contractions... more worried when my discharge getting thick but still no signs. Lol.

U really can tahan 4hrs...*gasp* is ur back aching during tat 4 hrs?

wah think if i'm week 38 and experiencing contractions so long i prob will end up going hospital then get sent back home haha

turning 35 weeks tomorrow. I downloaded this countdown app on iphone and every few days check back to see how many weeks left. it's a little surreal every week to see it turning from 8 weeks > 7 weeks > 6 weeks > 5 weeks. I still rem when I was 5 weeks preg. Now I'm left with 5 weeks to go...the feeling is..dont know how to describe! haha.

I can't differentiate on the pain too. Just had tummy pain but seriously not sure if its contraction or gastric. Probably the latter. @furbee... when is your due date? And already dilated 3cm? So delivery shd be these few days,right?

@eatsleepgym, i had he following signs the day i popped:
1. loose stools twice
2. frequent and intense BH
3. backache that came with BH (otherwise no backache)
4. baby moved a lot lesser
5. bloody show when i went to pee

all these came late at night. i admitted into hospital at 3.30am. hubby was so shocked when i woke him up and said it was time, our boy was ready to come meet the world! turned out i was already 4cm dilated when i got into the labour ward.

@happycsk, very soon will be your turn. feeling excited for you! :)

@furbee, very hard to handover, honestly.. until now still responding to emails from home. my boss also not very happy but no choice lor! not as if i wanted to have my baby preterm. he had to be warded in NICU for 5 days. heart pain. my milk came in on day 4, was tough in the beginning as breasts were really rock hard and i had bad engorgement. ever since i started fully latching baby, it's been good. no more hard like rocks unless i don't empty them. milk supply also more than what baby needs so i pump out the excess and give to my #2. haha!

hi starrymommy congrats for your beautiful boy! :) here comes busy busy days.. I guess u just need to let go ur work, bo bian not that u want preterm labour right..

Any mommies here catering confinement food? Any recommendation between thomson hospital, nasal essentials and richfood?

http://www.natalessentials.com

Back