2WW - for those TTC-ing

Thanks @zaclin29 :)

I used to see this other practitioner for abt 2 years..no doubt she's good, managed to regulate my periods when I was younger.. But got to see her twice a week for med and acu until I'm so tired.

Periods went awry half a year fr e last visit.

But now she's shifted to yishun, even further and I'll dread all e time spent. I stay in e west.

Thanks @zaclin29 :)

I used to see this other practitioner for abt 2 years..no doubt she's good, managed to regulate my periods when I was younger.. But got to see her twice a week for med and acu until I'm so tired.

Periods went awry half a year fr e last visit.

But now she's shifted to yishun, even further and I'll dread all e time spent. I stay in e west.

Hope she can help u tiao yr body.
I stayed in NE so by train, I'll take almost 2 hrs journey. But I don't mind cos she's really good..

She has helped quite a number of ladies I know to conceive and some ppl from Mummysg forum too...

Her charges are reasonable too.. $44/2wks of med for me... I would advise that u bring yr hubby along as well... So she can treat both together...

Hello my dear friends, hereby announcing the arrival of my evil auntie!!!! Hahahaha. Oh well, try again next month!

Dear all,

I'm new to this forum and firstly would like to just wish all those TTC all the best and get in line for SG50 baby soon!!

Anyway, past 2 weeks I've been flitting around different forums just getting info all around... But jus like to ask - during the 2ww, is it okay to continue exercising? I used to run at least 3 times a week average of 8-10km, but past 2 weeks have half heartedly done it because of certain things I've read about exercising increasing body temperature so not good.. I actually have a 21km run coming up next weekend, but was telling hubby maybe I will give it a miss... I know each body is different, but what have been the advice given to you all on this?

Dear all,

I'm new to this forum and firstly would like to just wish all those TTC all the best and get in line for SG50 baby soon!!

Anyway, past 2 weeks I've been flitting around different forums just getting info all around... But jus like to ask - during the 2ww, is it okay to continue exercising? I used to run at least 3 times a week average of 8-10km, but past 2 weeks have half heartedly done it because of certain things I've read about exercising increasing body temperature so not good.. I actually have a 21km run coming up next weekend, but was telling hubby maybe I will give it a miss... I know each body is different, but what have been the advice given to you all on this?

Based on my experiences, do NOT exercise.

For both my pregnancies, I totally stopped exercising during the 2ww and I conceived the mth I didn't exercise... Unless both are pure coincidences....

With exercising, u risk the fertilized egg from being dislodged from yr uterus so they can't "stick on"... This is what I read.... Especially no jumping...

I would advise not to go for yr 21km becos of the "jumping" impact while running...

Dear all,

I think it depends on your body? I have a friend who went for a 21km run unknowingly, abt 8 weeks along. Son is well and healthy and 6 years old already.

I'm on IUI this cycle, so after stim my ovaries are bigger. Did a quick 2km run on the day before my IUI procedure and ended up with bad cramps. Told the doc and he told me to not push the body too much.

So now I'm just doing pilates and simple resistance work with weights.

Based on my experiences, do NOT exercise.

For both my pregnancies, I totally stopped exercising during the 2ww and I conceived the mth I didn't exercise... Unless both are pure coincidences....

With exercising, u risk the fertilized egg from being dislodged from yr uterus so they can't "stick on"... This is what I read.... Especially no jumping...

I would advise not to go for yr 21km becos of the "jumping" impact while running...
I heard of the advice too and stopped running for some months during the 2WW, but still didn't conceive. So I went back to running once a week or every fortnight for about 40 minutes only. For me, I think the reason why I haven't had any luck in conceiving is more than running. And moreover, not running just makes me feel unhealthy and gain weight, which obviously doesn't help in conceiving too.

But well, I guess each person is different; so perhaps no strenuous jumping exercise or long runs?

Thanks @zaclin29..

I've also read that if you were exercising regularly before, and then stopped, maybe not good for your body too?

What u can do is stopped during 2ww then continue exercising for the next 2 wks then stopped again...

I was planning that way but didn't get a chance to materialize cos got bfp once I stopped exercising during the 1st trial (for both pregnancies)...

Agree. Different people different body.. Really depends how much u wanna sacrifice during TTC-ing....
I was also very active and the decision to stop exercising during the 2ww is really "tough" for me...

If i feel I don't mind this is not the month to get a bfp, I'll go for the 21km... Cos not everytime u get to do a 21km and with a baby later, u never know when u can run a 21km again....

So really depends on ur priority...
Just my 2cents worth...

Thanks for the advice :) I understand... I probably won't go for the 21km, and haven't really been running to full effort the last two weeks anyway since I didn't want to exert too much - not sure if there's anything actually happening inside, but oh well, waiting a few weeks is okay ;)

Previously I always hear stories (especially in western countries) about how there are mothers who just went about their exercising during pregnancy and so I thought I could do the same - end of the day, I guess is really, do I want to risk a life just so I can run...

So okay, gotta find takers for my 21km next weekend then..!

But I'll think better if you could continue exercising in some form? Like what you said, if you have been exercising regularly, and you suddenly stop exercising, it does create stress for the body too.

Expecting af as 12dpo today and starts spotting. Will go enjoy my holiday trip this Friday. When back next week will be seeing new sinseh for new hope.

But I'll think better if you could continue exercising in some form? Like what you said, if you have been exercising regularly, and you suddenly stop exercising, it does create stress for the body too.

Yeah, jus thinking what I could do though? Swimming? Since it is low impact?

Expecting af as 12dpo today and starts spotting. Will go enjoy my holiday trip this Friday. When back next week will be seeing new sinseh for new hope.
:(
I plan to go tcm too if still bfn.
Am expecting my AF signs to appear later tonight or tomorrow.
Yea, go enjoy your holidays and a new month brings new hope!

Good luck fedfen.

I do everything the same during 2ww. Run or don't run also no bfp so I rather run to keep up my fitness :)

Good luck fedfen.

I do everything the same during 2ww. Run or don't run also no bfp so I rather run to keep up my fitness :)
Hahahaha, yes!!! My sentiments exactly!!!

But my previous episode with a bleeding corpus luteum cyst was aggravated when I ran and did abdominal exercises. Soooo... Must control a bit and don't go all out?

:(
I plan to go tcm too if still bfn.
Am expecting my AF signs to appear later tonight or tomorrow.
Yea, go enjoy your holidays and a new month brings new hope!
if you do not have any problems like PCOS or iregular menses, do not see TCM.. just go and see gynae....
if you see TCM, they will give your herbs to eat which mess up your hormones and your regular cycle will become irregular...
i wasted 9months seeing TCM, should just go straight to gynae...

if you do not have any problems like PCOS or iregular menses, do not see TCM.. just go and see gynae....
if you see TCM, they will give your herbs to eat which mess up your hormones and your regular cycle will become irregular...
Hmm but I have several friends and colleagues who became preggy after visiting tcm, specifically the famous one in jurong east. They didn't have any irregularity in their monthly cycles after visiting, so I would like to give tcm a try too.
Which tcm did you go to?
I'm not sure also if costs from gynae higher than tcm?

Hmm but I have several friends and colleagues who became preggy after visiting tcm, specifically the famous one in jurong east. They didn't have any irregularity in their monthly cycles after visiting, so I would like to give tcm a try too.
Which tcm did you go to?
I'm not sure also if costs from gynae higher than tcm?

i tried the famous TSB lo.. rumor that fann wong and mark lee went one...
to me, tcm is more exp...
everytime i went to TCM cost about $150 every month.
gynae i went for ultrasound scanning + consultation only $50... even clomid cost about $15.. but i need to visit twice.. but sometimes the gynae doesnt charge me at all...so about $65 to $115 each cycle..

Dear All,

Today (18.03.2015 - 4pm onwards) I will be giving some red eggs to Zhu Sheng Liang Liang at Shuang Lin Temple in Toa Payoh. If you are free, probably wanna drop by to pray and take some red eggs for "heng heng".

Good Luck to all.

Hi all, this my first time here. TTC coming to 2 years. My period is very messy. After tracking for a while, realized that every month it gets pushed back by 2 days. Eg, last mth was 30d, this mth 32d, next mth would be 36d. This mth, started spotting at mid cycle and after 5d, became heavier but still very light compared to normal period. But by right AF souls only be due next week.

Feeling really down and emotional after all these while.

Huggg! I know how u feel... I tried for more than 1.5 years. Had 5 iuis in total, was gonna go for ivf next round but managed to conceive twins on my 5th iui. Chin up okay. Don't ever give up!!

Haha I cried buckets last night but woke up feeling ok. Just lead the day happily, I'm sure the I'll BFP! :)

Last time I every month also cry :((( esp cos my sil got pregnant after 1.5 months of marriage without even trying. I cried for 16months...

I'm very new here, been trying for one year plus. I went to gynae, did HSG test before and results showed no blockage. Went to see TCM for a short while cos the medication to help the body to improve qi etc was very heaty for me and I stopped. Now I dunno what to do. I've been reading about IUI then if no results, eventually IVF. I'm sure there are a lot of experienced ladies who can advise what I should do.
1) Is IUI the next step for me?
2) Is IUI a lot more expensive at private gynae compared to KKH (meaning referral from polyclinic then to KKH)? Anyone knows the waiting time after getting the referral letter?

Thanks in advance!

I saw Dr Su from Bukit Batok last time and my period was messed up :( so I stopped. Nonetheless, there are people who can conceive and have no issues w menses when under her.

I switched to Dr Tan lately and my period is not affected. In fact I feel stronger :)

I believe in TCM because it diagnoses some underlying issues which western docs cannot. I think we should combine both so they complement one another. Let the western doc do the basic body/health checks and allow the TCM docs to improve the overall health :)

I saw Dr Su from Bukit Batok last time and my period was messed up :( so I stopped. Nonetheless, there are people who can conceive and have no issues w menses when under her.

I switched to Dr Tan lately and my period is not affected. In fact I feel stronger :)

I believe in TCM because it diagnoses some underlying issues which western docs cannot. I think we should combine both so they complement one another. Let the western doc do the basic body/health checks and allow the TCM docs to improve the overall health :)

ya, if you have health problem or any underlying issues, TCM can helps...
for me, i'm healthy from TCM and western aspects...
so TCM totally useless to me...

the only thing TCM told me is that my partner & i are stressful, can see from our pulse rate. but still kinda useless because we cannot quit our job *shrug* other than that, she every month told us to try harder only.

I'm very new here, been trying for one year plus. I went to gynae, did HSG test before and results showed no blockage. Went to see TCM for a short while cos the medication to help the body to improve qi etc was very heaty for me and I stopped. Now I dunno what to do. I've been reading about IUI then if no results, eventually IVF. I'm sure there are a lot of experienced ladies who can advise what I should do.
1) Is IUI the next step for me?
2) Is IUI a lot more expensive at private gynae compared to KKH (meaning referral from polyclinic then to KKH)? Anyone knows the waiting time after getting the referral letter?

Thanks in advance!
i can tell you if this cycle i still not pregnant.. LOL~
coz i doing HSG this cycle and if no blockage and no pregnant, next cycle will be doing IUI... and i will go private because i dun like government hospital coz i prefer my gynae dedicated to me for the whole entire time,.

I been taking body temperatures these few months and noticed that ovulation did not happen every month. I also seeing TCM at the same time.

Are there any supplements to improve in this area which I can buy in pharmacy or Watsons? Or I need to go back to gynae ?

I been taking body temperatures these few months and noticed that ovulation did not happen every month. I also seeing TCM at the same time.

Are there any supplements to improve in this area which I can buy in pharmacy or Watsons? Or I need to go back to gynae ?
you think you do not have ovulation coz of no body temp rises? I think if you do not ovulate every month, TCM should advise you and give you some herbs to eat?
i do not think any supplements will make you ovulate except clomid which is prescribe by gynae

Clomid also may not induce ovulation ... That's what the doc suspected in my case
how come suspect? either have or dont have ma....
after i took clomid, day 10 my gynae will scan to see my follicles and measure it, also my lining.. then day 18 will come back and scan one more time to see whether ovulated..

Cos the gynae I went to didn't do scans for me. A few rounds of clomid with no scans, told us to go back bd on our own.

Even now I'm doing IUI at NUH, also no scans after the procedure to make sure ovulation took place. Assume it does.

Hi all,

I am new to this thread. I have a 22mths old girl and has been trying awhile now for a little sheep but no news. Is it just me or is #2 that much harder to conceive? When 1 of my colleagues announced her pregancny last yr, I was so envious...now she is going to give birth soon and I am still ttc. What made things worse is another colleague just shared that she tested positive..happy for her coz I think she has been trying for some time liaos but at the same time...I feel sad. Felt cramps in my stomach for the past few days and thought finally I have a chance at SG50 baby...but my period came this morning. Was honestly feeling so angry and upset....though my hb cldnt understand and just said "lets try harder this month". I am tearing up as I type....I was still hoping that my period is a false alarm (maybe its the spotting that comes with pregancny??) but I know its not. Sigh..I have 2 pregnancy test kits at home waiting for me to use!!! Sorry for the rant but I really need to talk to ppl who understand. Lets jiayou together!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am new to this thread. I have a 22mths old girl and has been trying awhile now for a little sheep but no news. Is it just me or is #2 that much harder to conceive? When 1 of my colleagues announced her pregancny last yr, I was so envious...now she is going to give birth soon and I am still ttc. What made things worse is another colleague just shared that she tested positive..happy for her coz I think she has been trying for some time liaos but at the same time...I feel sad. Felt cramps in my stomach for the past few days and thought finally I have a chance at SG50 baby...but my period came this morning. Was honestly feeling so angry and upset....though my hb cldnt understand and just said "lets try harder this month". I am tearing up as I type....I was still hoping that my period is a false alarm (maybe its the spotting that comes with pregancny??) but I know its not. Sigh..I have 2 pregnancy test kits at home waiting for me to use!!! Sorry for the rant but I really need to talk to ppl who understand. Lets jiayou together!
U can pm me... I also trying very long for #2. Daughter is similar age to urs. I going ivf in May

Cos the gynae I went to didn't do scans for me. A few rounds of clomid with no scans, told us to go back bd on our own.

Even now I'm doing IUI at NUH, also no scans after the procedure to make sure ovulation took place. Assume it does.

huh..why so weird de? they never check and just assume? like abit not professional lei....
see whether you got ovulation is very impt lei.. if u never ovulate, do many times also useless

Back