2WW - for those TTC-ing

Yes done at the clinic. on day1 of your cycle you can call to book for day3 test. You do not fix the date at this point.

Hi all, this my first time here. TTC coming to 2 years. My period is very messy. After tracking for a while, realized that every month it gets pushed back by 2 days. Eg, last mth was 30d, this mth 32d, next mth would be 36d. This mth, started spotting at mid cycle and after 5d, became heavier but still very light compared to normal period. But by right AF souls only be due next week.

Feeling really down and emotional after all these while.

Hi, does anyone knows where to buy CB digital ovulation test sticks refills? I feel like getting one as I keep buying the CB opk which turns out to be very expensive.
Thanks a lot! :)
they dun sell refill.. normally i buy 20 test sticks can last me 3 to 4 months.. cost me only USD35+

Hi ladies, pardon me for my silly question... been ttc since last aug but no good news so hubby and I visited a gynae on mon. did an ultrasound and uterus lining and ovary looks ok. doc suggested hubby to do SA and I have to do blood test on CD3 and CD25 (based on 32day cycle) to check if I am ovulating every month. so do I do the blood at the gynae's clinic? issue here is, it may be difficult to get an appointment by predicting when's the 3rd day of my menses especially when my cycle can vary btw 30-35 days...
you dun need to predict.. you have to call gynae on CD1 to tell them you going for your blood test on CD3. but i believe do blood test on CD3 is not check ovulation, but is hormones test...
is your gynae private clinic coz they doesnt seem to be professional enough to let you know enough information...

Hi all, this my first time here. TTC coming to 2 years. My period is very messy. After tracking for a while, realized that every month it gets pushed back by 2 days. Eg, last mth was 30d, this mth 32d, next mth would be 36d. This mth, started spotting at mid cycle and after 5d, became heavier but still very light compared to normal period. But by right AF souls only be due next week.

Feeling really down and emotional after all these while.
Yeah, there'll be some of us who will have to go through this pain and frustration.

Have you seen a gynae to check? Specifically ask for a transvaginal ultrasound scan and maybe blood tests. I was quite dumb and ignorant when I went to see different gynaes in 2006 (pte) and 2009 (hosp). I have the same AF problem as you. The docs only did the normal ultrasound scan and told me that my uterus is normal and perhaps it's just stress. So I let it drag on till 2013 before seeing a third gynae (pte) who did a transvaginal scan and told me I have PCOS.

But this third gynae put me on metformin without doing a blood test. When I went to a fourth one (hosp), blood test results came back and showed that my insulin levels were healthy and there was no need to be taking the drug. So I basically took the drug for nothing for over a year.

you dun need to predict.. you have to call gynae on CD1 to tell them you going for your blood test on CD3. but i believe do blood test on CD3 is not check ovulation, but is hormones test...
is your gynae private clinic coz they doesnt seem to be professional enough to let you know enough information...
To add on, in govt hosp u just walk in to take blood with nurses u don't even need an appt. But sometimes gotta wait maybe 15-20 min if the nurses are busy that's all.

they dun sell refill.. normally i buy 20 test sticks can last me 3 to 4 months.. cost me only USD35+

Thanks Pixie! Did you buy the digital one? It costs $75+ for 5 sticks at Watson.
Can I have the link which you buy your opk from?

The problem with me is that I have a hard time tracking ovulation and ended up using more than 5 sticks per cycle...

Thanks Pixie! Did you buy the digital one? It costs $75+ for 5 sticks at Watson.

The problem with me is that I have a hard time tracking ovulation and ended up using more than 5 sticks per cycle...
i bought clearblue advanced digital ovulation kit from amazon

Babe! Why dun U try il using the cheapo OPK sticks? A lot more affordable

Babe! Why dun U try il using the cheapo OPK sticks? A lot more affordable
I saw cheapo ones at an early pregnancy web. One stick less than $2. But I'm not sure if they are good as I remember reading some ladies saying CB is the best. Anyone tried before? Very tempted to buy

Mine cheapo ones are from taobao and I think only like 20-30cts per stick.

Some people need the smiley ones. Cheapo works perfectly for me but somehow don't for some ladies. I guess you only have one way to find out.

Just need to rant here. I'm so pissed off with work!! Been trying to avoid OT and today I gotta OT till now. So pissed and so scared that this would affect my chances of bfp! :mad:

thanks everyone! I guess I shall try the cheapo ones. Btw, I'm tempted to buy the Saliva Ovulation Microscope too.... really doing everything I can

yep I went to Thomson women's clinic... so should i just change to govt hospital instead of continuing my visit to the private clinic?

yep I went to Thomson women's clinic... so should i just change to govt hospital instead of continuing my visit to the private clinic?
Depends what u want. For me I'd go govt cuz I know Im likely to do ivf so I need all the grants. However note that govt hosp waiting times can be longer depending in the hosp u choose. If u go thru the subsidised route, tests are very much cheaper.

Yeah, there'll be some of us who will have to go through this pain and frustration.

Have you seen a gynae to check? Specifically ask for a transvaginal ultrasound scan and maybe blood tests. I was quite dumb and ignorant when I went to see different gynaes in 2006 (pte) and 2009 (hosp). I have the same AF problem as you. The docs only did the normal ultrasound scan and told me that my uterus is normal and perhaps it's just stress. So I let it drag on till 2013 before seeing a third gynae (pte) who did a transvaginal scan and told me I have PCOS.

But this third gynae put me on metformin without doing a blood test. When I went to a fourth one (hosp), blood test results came back and showed that my insulin levels were healthy and there was no need to be taking the drug. So I basically took the drug for nothing for over a year.

Thanks for sharing :) After trying 6 mths, I've seen my first female gynae and did a transvaginal ultrasound scan and everything is normal. Conclusion was to go back try harder and not be stress about it (HAH). Then, after another 6 mths, went to consult another male gynae at TMC. He asked me to do a HSG but I chickened out as it's invasive. So thought I give TCM a try but those sachets doesn't work for me and it has been another unfruitful year :( Time flies when you are TTC'ing. I'm going back to see my first female gynae for a more specific check up.

Am I in a wrong thread? Should I be in the other thread on TTC topic? Inexperience. But this thread seems more active than the other.. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing :) After trying 6 mths, I've seen my first female gynae and did a transvaginal ultrasound scan and everything is normal. Conclusion was to go back try harder and not be stress about it (HAH). Then, after another 6 mths, went to consult another male gynae at TMC. He asked me to do a HSG but I chickened out as it's invasive. So thought I give TCM a try but those sachets doesn't work for me and it has been another unfruitful year :( Time flies when you are TTC'ing. I'm going back to see my first female gynae for a more specific check up.

Am I in a wrong thread? Should I be in the other thread on TTC topic? Inexperience. But this thread seems more active than the other.. :)
Heh, I'll think this is the "correct" thread. But even if in a wrong thread there'll be nice ladies who'll let you know. Haha.

And yah, time flies when TTCing. Since it's been a couple of years already, maybe should get a thorough check including HSG and blood tests already? HSG is not THAT bad, I had cramps for a couple of hours then it was alright. But I'm quite susceptible to cramps, so maybe you won't feel anything.

Depends what u want. For me I'd go govt cuz I know Im likely to do ivf so I need all the grants. However note that govt hosp waiting times can be longer depending in the hosp u choose. If u go thru the subsidised route, tests are very much cheaper.

im considering gg to the subsidized route too in case further tests r needed...

and one question, when I asked the gynae about the HSG, he said a radioactive dye will be injected as hsg is a xray to check for blocked fallopian tubes. is it not a normal colour dye they r using as I read in some articles?

depending on you...
i dun visit gov hospital because their waiting time is too long, doc also dun hv much time with you and is almost same price as private...
unless you need grants then maybe you can change to gov hospital...
if is just subsidy rates, then not much difference from private clinic

for my gynae, she always give me free consultation and ultrasound scanning :)

Last edited:

personally i dun really believe TCM will helps fertility, the most help to build up your body stronger.. been to TSB for 9months also no good news..
anyway if you go to any gynae, they will eventually ask you to do HSG.. because if not, cannot determine whether your fallopian tube is block or not... if is block, your chance will be lessen by alot.. and both tubes are blocked, i think no matter how many times you BD or do IUI also will not get pregnant...

for my gynae, she do blood test on my first consulation, and ask my partner do SA.. all cleared.. try 2 cycles with clomid still no news.. then 3rd cycle do HSG to check my tubes.. if still no news, next cycle will proceed with IUI..

im considering gg to the subsidized route too in case further tests r needed...

and one question, when I asked the gynae about the HSG, he said a radioactive dye will be injected as hsg is a xray to check for blocked fallopian tubes. is it not a normal colour dye they r using as I read in some articles?
errm..as long as is xray, all is radioactive one ma.....

Your fisrt gyane would probably ask you to go for HSG too... tt's a natural step after TV scan shows nothing abnormal. Has your SO done a SA test too? conception is from both pple... so must make sure his soldiers are all healthy too :) HSG is invasive and scary, but at the same time, it's quick and gives conclusive details on your TTC journey... so bite your teeth and go for it if your gynae asks you to do it! time flies and biological clocks continue to tick... so don't procrastinate too long... jiayou!! :)

Your fisrt gyane would probably ask you to go for HSG too... tt's a natural step after TV scan shows nothing abnormal. Has your SO done a SA test too? conception is from both pple... so must make sure his soldiers are all healthy too :) HSG is invasive and scary, but at the same time, it's quick and gives conclusive details on your TTC journey... so bite your teeth and go for it if your gynae asks you to do it! time flies and biological clocks continue to tick... so don't procrastinate too long... jiayou!! :)
Agree. HSG is really not that painful and invasive. For me I didn't take painkillers and the feeling is just like mild menses cramps. End up they say one of my tubes is possibly blocked. So this kinda thing u nv know. Block tubes has zero symptoms one.

Hsg is not considered invasive. You may want to read up more about the procedure.
However, for me it hurt like hell.
If doc recommends,you should do it as clear tubes are one of the most important factor for successful ttc. Blocked=as good as zero chance on natural if fully blocked.I feel if you've come so far on ttc and also determined to conceive, Hsg is just a peanut procedure compared to many other things we ladies have tried. The result gives you a better direction on your ttc journey. I just feel it's not worth holding back Hsg.

I think HsG is worth going for cos U really dunno if your tubes are blocked. Also, I think it gives u a peace of mind instead of having to second guess if they are. Your hubby should also go for SA. Dun be like me..go for all tests and got green light until hub went for SA and finally found out his sperm is not good. Should have dragged him earlier.

I bought mine from Qoo10..
20 sticks for Abt $60+...
I used the cheap ones (60 cents) to test first and if I see the faint lines then I'll use CB to double confirm....

TCM depends in individual.
TCM helped me to conceive 3x within 3 mths. Though 1 is a non-viable pregnancy cos I conceived immediately and I haven tiao my body properly yet...

I had no prob ttc for my firstborn in 2012. Then in 2013 decided to ttc for no. 2 but didn't succeed. After almost 1 year ttc decided to see my gynae. Since I didn't have prob ttc for firstborn, we thought probably due to my stress at work so my gynae asked us go back try naturally for another cycle then so happened that mth we succeeded but ended in mc (blighted ovum). After almost 6 mths after mc, we still don't have a baby and decided to see my gynae again. I did blood test to check ovulation n HSG to check tubes and my results were ok. My hb did SA and turned out his sperm count is v low and we don't have good chance of ttc. My gynae said likely hb stressed in recent years so gave him some coq10 to tiao his body. But cos of my age, my gynae suggested don't wait too long and consider ivf at kkh if still no baby after 2 cycles. So yes, I agree if u have actively tried ttc for some time and still no baby, go see your gynae and both hb and wife shld do tests don't assume it's either one.

I had no prob ttc for my firstborn in 2012. Then in 2013 decided to ttc for no. 2 but didn't succeed. After almost 1 year ttc decided to see my gynae. Since I didn't have prob ttc for firstborn, we thought probably due to my stress at work so my gynae asked us go back try naturally for another cycle then so happened that mth we succeeded but ended in mc (blighted ovum). After almost 6 mths after mc, we still don't have a baby and decided to see my gynae again. I did blood test to check ovulation n HSG to check tubes and my results were ok. My hb did SA and turned out his sperm count is v low and we don't have good chance of ttc. My gynae said likely hb stressed in recent years so gave him some coq10 to tiao his body. But cos of my age, my gynae suggested don't wait too long and consider ivf at kkh if still no baby after 2 cycles. So yes, I agree if u have actively tried ttc for some time and still no baby, go see your gynae and both hb and wife shld do tests don't assume it's either one.
Pmed u

Hi

I've returned 100 red eggs to toa payoh shuan lin temple today. Hope the red eggs can bring some of you luck!

Sprinkled lotsa baby dust!

Hi all, I'm new here and been ttc for past 9 months.
Not young already (34 this year) so giving myself another 4 months to try naturally, and plan to go for iui in July, since hubby SA not that good (motility issue).
Recently done my blood tests and ultrasound, overall normal except for a cyst in right ovary. Doc said cyst may go off in next months, so I'm not that worried yet. But still time is catching up, sigh..
2WW will be over in next 2 days, so hoping for best like past months. I'm glad to have this forum to share each other's experiences:)

Zac, may I know which tcm u saw?

Here's the address and contact no.
Fu Nan Traditional Chinese Medicine Centre
Blk 152 Bukit Batok West St. 11 (West Ave 6) #01-266 Singapore
Tel : 6896 1618
Dr Su Chun Lin (Master Degree traditional chinese medicine)

Consultation Hours :
Monday: 8.30am - 12:00pm / 1:30pm - 5:00pm
Tueday: 8.30am - 12:00pm
Wednesday: 8.30am - 12pm
Friday: 8.30am - 12:00pm / 6:00pm -9:00pm
Saturday: 1.30pm - 5:00pm
Sunday: 8.30am - 1:00pm

Thursday and PH: Closed

(Appointment only take up to 30 nos, after 30 would be walk-in)

Hi all, I'm new here and been ttc for past 9 months.
Not young already (34 this year) so giving myself another 4 months to try naturally, and plan to go for iui in July, since hubby SA not that good (motility issue).
Recently done my blood tests and ultrasound, overall normal except for a cyst in right ovary. Doc said cyst may go off in next months, so I'm not that worried yet. But still time is catching up, sigh..
2WW will be over in next 2 days, so hoping for best like past months. I'm glad to have this forum to share each other's experiences:)

Hi fed welcome:) hope u bfp this round. My AF is late by a day but I'm already experiencing cramps n dipping temp. Waiting for the witch to reveal herself thou I'm still pinning on to the final inch of hope that this will be my month! Ha! :)

Hi fed welcome:) hope u bfp this round. My AF is late by a day but I'm already experiencing cramps n dipping temp. Waiting for the witch to reveal herself thou I'm still pinning on to the final inch of hope that this will be my month! Ha! :)
Thanks veromon! Yes, i am of the belief without hope, what there is?
Hope u bfp too! Sometimes good news strike when we least expect it, like many others here have gone thru too.
I'm on 28d cycle, and this may be my last chance for SG50 baby. Both hubby and I terribly wish for SG50 bb, haha but if not, we just have to keep trying. ;)

Thanks veromon! Yes, i am of the belief without hope, what there is?
Hope u bfp too! Sometimes good news strike when we least expect it, like many others here have gone thru too.
I'm on 28d cycle, and this may be my last chance for SG50 baby. Both hubby and I terribly wish for SG50 bb, haha but if not, we just have to keep trying. ;)

Haha! Hubby and I want a sg50 baby too!! Let's pray! I've a 28 day cycle too. :)

@zaclin29 Thanks for info on Dr Su. What's her treatment like? Like how regularly does she expect the patients to return so she can administer new med? Med plus acu? Thanks :)

@zaclin29 Thanks for info on Dr Su. What's her treatment like? Like how regularly does she expect the patients to return so she can administer new med? Med plus acu? Thanks :)

Hi veraine.
She just need to check on yr pulse & tongue... Her meds are in powder form and just need to mix with water...

For first visit, u need to see her one week later.. Subsequently every fortnightly... She will advise what u need to do/eat & what shld be avoided...

No acu for me so far....

It's best to call for appt once they open cos their 30 appt slots very fast taken up... If walk-in, be prepared to wait for 1-2hrs...

Still in time. If last AF is in Feb, the edd shld b in nov, so if last AF in mid march, still in time for edd in dec for a SG50 bb.
i think i cannot make it liao... my CD1 is last friday....
but at least if give birth next yr, will have more slots for school and not so competitive :p
if alot of baby in SG50 means alot of baby is born same year...

Back