IVF/ICSI Support Group

Girls, I've got my bt results. Negative. Very disappointed cos it's my 2nd fresh and i transferred 2 blast and thus was harbouring higher hope. But since menses came few days earlier, i am sort of prepared of the outcome. Dr appt in late March.

We hope that our coming fet with our 2 frozen blasts will be successful.

For now, I'll indulge in food and drinks which I avoided during the cycle...

And i would like to ask sisters who have got bfp now or in the past, what kind of progestogen did you use? I wd like to use as ref for my fet. TIA.

Utrogestan for my fet. Once bfp, chg to duphaston. I heard fr 2 gynaes that utrogestan is better.

@kevangie,
how are you feeling today?

I am feeling ok. Cramp from ER are slowly subsiding but am feeling hungry most of the time. Just want to munch on something every time and so limited food can be taken. Already getting bore staying at home. Think after 72 hrs of resting, am gg to go out and do my usual stuff otherwise will think even more. A day feels like a month and it's killing me.

Girls, I've got my bt results. Negative. Very disappointed cos it's my 2nd fresh and i transferred 2 blast and thus was harbouring higher hope. But since menses came few days earlier, i am sort of prepared of the outcome. Dr appt in late March.

And i would like to ask sisters who have got bfp now or in the past, what kind of progestogen did you use? I wd like to use as ref for my fet. TIA.
Hugs...

Greed3, I'm stimming and having cough n throat inflammation... End jan till now... Haven't recover. Dr says will not affect egg quality.

Happy Peanuts,
Hugs hugs.....stay positive, rest well and get your body to recover

Makie, I started my first jan tdy actually. The preparation is troublesome. What was yr dose? Did u get more quality eggs using Pergoveris? Dr says this is more for low responders. Is tat y u were on this jab?
The scan seems like no follicies on my left n onli small follicies on my right n the lining is 5.13mm if im not wrong...i guess is the scan showing not much follicies thus im being prescribe to Pergoveris...:(

Makie, I started my first jan tdy actually. The preparation is troublesome. What was yr dose? Did u get more quality eggs using Pergoveris? Dr says this is more for low responders. Is tat y u were on this jab?
My dosage is 150 units for pergoveris. My respond considered good....in fact my last scan before egg retrieval, i have total 27 follicles. Prof said its good. Not sure if due to pergoveris dosage.....
Yes, the preparation a bit troublesome as compare to gonal f pen. Fighting, you can do it...

Hi makie.. You mean we can choose how many embryos we wan to put?
Before i start the jabs, there are a form to fill up for us to choose if we want to put how many embryos. The diff is the insurance cost. I was not told so far that we cannot put 2...ww can choose 3 with higher insurance cost...and off course they said more complication

Preparing to start ivf in March but now having bad cough, is it ok to start if i sm taking medicine?
Greed 3, i am having bad cough too during jabs...my gynae said not affected but need to be recovered before egg transfer. Quickly see doctor and get well soon and consuly your gynae

I am feeling ok. Cramp from ER are slowly subsiding but am feeling hungry most of the time. Just want to munch on something every time and so limited food can be taken. Already getting bore staying at home. Think after 72 hrs of resting, am gg to go out and do my usual stuff otherwise will think even more. A day feels like a month and it's killing me.
I am confused. ER is egg retrieval? Why need to stay at home at 72 hours? and limited food to eat? I did the oocyte retrieval yesterday...i was told i can do and eat as usual. Today i walked out for breakfast and afternoon went to see TCM. Luckily my cramp subsiding since morning...anyway, take care, eat well and rest more

I am confused. ER is egg retrieval? Why need to stay at home at 72 hours? and limited food to eat? I did the oocyte retrieval yesterday...i was told i can do and eat as usual. Today i walked out for breakfast and afternoon went to see TCM. Luckily my cramp subsiding since morning...anyway, take care, eat well and rest more

Haha.. I was having bad cramp since ER and even when doing ET. Today is 3 days after ER and the cramp is slowly subsiding. U r lucky that u recover from the pain just a day after. That's why I couldn't go anywhere with that pain and now after ET, isn't it that cannot eat everything anyhow? Rest for 72 hrs after ET isn't it recommended?

Hi Makie, thanks for the info. I hope i can recover before my menses come next week. What a terrible timing to get sick... ...
Yes....totally agreed with you. I was very healthy until i started the jab then i start to have flu and cough.
Take care and get well soon. Take more high protein food

Greed 3, i am having bad cough too during jabs...my gynae said not affected but need to be recovered before egg transfer. Quickly see doctor and get well soon and consuly your gynae
Y must recover before transfer?? I dun think I can recover by then....

Thanks all. I certainly hope i will make it to bfp but not pinning high hopes as 2nd try le

oceandeep78 go go go,hope e jabs dun give you allegy. U can survive e jabs!!

bbpooh81,may e goat yr bring good luck to you! I will rem to spread bb dust to you if i make it this time. :)

Can anyone advise how many days need to clear sperm for ivf cycle? Eg if friday OR,when need to clear sperms at kkh? Is it tues or wed?

The scan seems like no follicies on my left n onli small follicies on my right n the lining is 5.13mm if im not wrong...i guess is the scan showing not much follicies thus im being prescribe to Pergoveris...:(
Jas249,
I have follicles of 5 on my left and 6 on my right before i start the jab and my lining is 9mm, i was still prescribe to take pergoveris. Not sure if due to my age...anyway, i just trust my gynae and indeed with the dosage given, my follicles quantity and size did increased

Haha.. I was having bad cramp since ER and even when doing ET. Today is 3 days after ER and the cramp is slowly subsiding. U r lucky that u recover from the pain just a day after. That's why I couldn't go anywhere with that pain and now after ET, isn't it that cannot eat everything anyhow? Rest for 72 hrs after ET isn't it recommended?
Oh i see....you have your ET...yes, indeed recommemded to rest more after ET. My friend told me to rest on bed. I am on thaw cycle...my ET postpone,that why i got a bit confused. Sorry that i still not familiar with the term being used

I will go for 2 egg transfers I/o 1. Even wif 2 also dunno if can make it or not. So why think so much?

Re: ques on what happens to the 2nd embryo.. This is my personal take. If it doesn't implant it gets absorb back into body n pass out during AF. If both gets implant, congrats.. But if mid way 1 of them had an issue, then that's when the complication starts..

This is my story.. I was lucky to have both implanted and happy for 10 wks. 1 of them ( my best guess) has a chromosome issue n passed away.. Now at wk 13, I have 2 sacs ( one growing and the other still at 7 wk size w/o hb). From way I read the other sac shd get absorbed back into body ( Gynae says so too) but thr is also a chance that it may not.

To add to my even more complicated life, initial NT scan shows high possibility of Trisomy 21, and aft a BT that is supposed to work for vanishing twins, Trisomy 21 is ruled out but I have Trisomy13. Which could or could not have came from the vanishing twin.. So now I m waiting in agony for my amnio test..

But I ain't giving up till I get my amnio results.. So to all sisters who are here, don't give up till its definite!!

Re: womb massage. I did this for this cycle as well. And could feel the diff cux I can really feel the warmth from within the tummy.

Re: M/C ( I had one a couple of years ago) I hope none of u need to go thru this.. But if it really happens, pls try to ask for a chromosome test cux it can give you a better idea of urself. My M/C chromosome test came back wif Trisomy 16.. That's y I knew that I have underlying chromosome issue.. This is just to pre-empty urself only n nothing much. Cux even wif underling chromosome issue, I do have a healthy cheeky girl from my 1st cycle..

Re: medication. 1st cycle puregon ( bfp), 2nd cycle menopur (bfn), 3rd cycle I requested for puregon cux I Thot it gives me better luck ( bfp). So imho if 1 medicine dun work for u maybe suggest for another type for 2nd cycle..

Sorry for the long n boring post.. But just wanted to share some thots..

The end..

Thanks all. I certainly hope i will make it to bfp but not pinning high hopes as 2nd try le

oceandeep78 go go go,hope e jabs dun give you allegy. U can survive e jabs!!

bbpooh81,may e goat yr bring good luck to you! I will rem to spread bb dust to you if i make it this time. :)

Can anyone advise how many days need to clear sperm for ivf cycle? Eg if friday OR,when need to clear sperms at kkh? Is it tues or wed?
Connie, kkh nurse say will allow up to 1 week old sperm. But for my hubby he still clear 3 days before. Means if OR on fri, hubby will clear on mon. Then allow 3 days to build up new sperm.

I wish u good luck k? Hope to receive your baby dust!!

I will go for 2 egg transfers I/o 1. Even wif 2 also dunno if can make it or not. So why think so much?

Re: ques on what happens to the 2nd embryo.. This is my personal take. If it doesn't implant it gets absorb back into body n pass out during AF. If both gets implant, congrats.. But if mid way 1 of them had an issue, then that's when the complication starts..

This is my story.. I was lucky to have both implanted and happy for 10 wks. 1 of them ( my best guess) has a chromosome issue n passed away.. Now at wk 13, I have 2 sacs ( one growing and the other still at 7 wk size w/o hb). From way I read the other sac shd get absorbed back into body ( Gynae says so too) but thr is also a chance that it may not.

To add to my even more complicated life, initial NT scan shows high possibility of Trisomy 21, and aft a BT that is supposed to work for vanishing twins, Trisomy 21 is ruled out but I have Trisomy13. Which could or could not have came from the vanishing twin.. So now I m waiting in agony for my amnio test..

But I ain't giving up till I get my amnio results.. So to all sisters who are here, don't give up till its definite!!

Re: womb massage. I did this for this cycle as well. And could feel the diff cux I can really feel the warmth from within the tummy.

Re: M/C ( I had one a couple of years ago) I hope none of u need to go thru this.. But if it really happens, pls try to ask for a chromosome test cux it can give you a better idea of urself. My M/C chromosome test came back wif Trisomy 16.. That's y I knew that I have underlying chromosome issue.. This is just to pre-empty urself only n nothing much. Cux even wif underling chromosome issue, I do have a healthy cheeky girl from my 1st cycle..

Re: medication. 1st cycle puregon ( bfp), 2nd cycle menopur (bfn), 3rd cycle I requested for puregon cux I Thot it gives me better luck ( bfp). So imho if 1 medicine dun work for u maybe suggest for another type for 2nd cycle..

The end..
Dear,thanks for sharing. It must be tough for u. I hope e trisomy is a false alarm for you n good thgs come to you.

Jas249,
I have follicles of 5 on my left and 6 on my right before i start the jab and my lining is 9mm, i was still prescribe to take pergoveris. Not sure if due to my age...anyway, i just trust my gynae and indeed with the dosage given, my follicles quantity and size did increased
Makie, i hope i wl oso hv the same result as urs...pray hard!!! :)

Hello ladies, anyone tried more than 3 fresh cycles and still trying? I am turning 39 soon. Wonder if its time to throw in the towels. Feel sad. I did succeed in a previous fet and my child is 3 years old now. Really feel like giving her a sibling. :(

Personally I haven gone to seek Dr Zhao myself, but I read on Internet she is popular and experienced in fertility issues. I had wanted to go to her during my last ivf cycle but i felt it was too 'Rush' and slightly stressful to do ivf at Sgh and then go to raffles for Tcm.

I had previously done acupuncture with Dr Zou during my previous iui cycles. Too bad I wasn't lucky during those times. And I felt it was stressful waiting for the sessions.
Hi kitty
I did almost 6 months of acu with Dr Zou but to no avail. So now trying my luck with Dr Zhao. Hope i have better luck with her and her waiting time is shorter! :)

The end..
i also have chromosome problem, also trisomy when i sent the tissues for lab test. it was stated in the report that trisomy is the most common chromosome abnormalities in first tri pregnancies
hopeful78, all the best for your amnio test . hope your baby grows well and fast
may i ask where did you do your womb massage? any contacts? tks . take care!

Can i ask chromosome abnormal is hereditary? What if both parents tested normal then still can have chromosome abnormal?

Can i ask chromosome abnormal is hereditary? What if both parents tested normal then still can have chromosome abnormal?
from wat i knw, it is not. and doesnt mean this embryo has chromosomal abnormalities, the rest of your embryos wil also be so. also, if your embryo looks beautiful befre transfer, doesnt mean the chromosome of your embryo is ok, cos all these not visible tro naked eyes. unless do a genetic test whc is nt allowd in singapore unless u miscarried ,nt pregnant anymre, then they can do the test to check for this abnormality.haiz...

most miscarriages r due to chromosomal abnormalities , so it is actually qte common. dunno when moh will allow drs in singapore to screen our embryos befre transfer. think have to wait long long..

Hello ladies, anyone tried more than 3 fresh cycles and still trying? I am turning 39 soon. Wonder if its time to throw in the towels. Feel sad. I did succeed in a previous fet and my child is 3 years old now. Really feel like giving her a sibling. :(
I am turning 39. Now expecting miracle baby #2 if all goes well.

Miracle baby #1 turns 3yo soon from fresh cycle #3 in 2011. It took me a further 4 abandoned FETs, 2 failed FETs, and 2 more fresh cycles before succeeded. I was ready to give up when I hit 40 as I had been cycling since my girl turned 1yo so emotionally I was very tired.

For me, I acknowledge it was myself that wanted a 2nd child, not for the reason of giving her a sibling. Don't think she knows the difference since she is Queen of the household now :))

Follow your heart. While time is running out and there are increased risks with age, there is no right answer on whether or not to continue. Listen to your heart and I am sure will know... take care!

hugs...

I had everyday 1xcrinone, 3x utrogestan and 3x lutinus (leftover from my previous clinic I took with me so I could save on)..

verdict : crinone easiest to apply and non messy with liquid discharge but tad ex ard $12+ a stick, utrogestan made me hv oily lumpy discharge and I also had yeast infection with it, it also do not come with applicator so inserting with fingers made it extra messy cos they tend to stick to fingers, as for lutinus- I dun think it is available here although I find them kinda big bullet type pill, but they hv applicator and non oily discharge thereafter.

The end..

I pray that ur test will be smooth and results be promising thereafter! jiayou!

Oh i see....you have your ET...yes, indeed recommemded to rest more after ET. My friend told me to rest on bed. I am on thaw cycle...my ET postpone,that why i got a bit confused. Sorry that i still not familiar with the term being used

Oic.. I m also very new and still learning those term too. This is my first fresh cycle but luckily there are lots of info here and many helpful ladies. And it helps cos i dont feel so lost and know what to expect even before the procedure. Hehe

But i still don't understand what dp/dt is. I always see people post like 2dp6dt and i don't understand how it is counted.

Back