(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

zaclin29 Yes her daughter's my sister's friend. I didn't know that she was that old. So you chose not to go back to her because of her age?

No lah... Not because of age...
Becos of cost... Haha...
She's very ex compared to my current Gynae and don't feel the need to pay a premium for a normal delivery this time

No lah... Not because of age...
Becos of cost... Haha...
She's very ex compared to my current Gynae and don't feel the need to pay a premium for a normal delivery this time

zaclin29 Can I please find out what her charges are like? Can PM me if you prefer. Thanks!!

babyrella oh no that sucks, especially since we can't take most medications now. Hope you get well soon!

yeah, we cant really.. unless i go doctor, i believe they have prescription for expectant mummies.. but i dont wish to waste my mc this year hehe..

Hello mummies,

I have irregular menses and based on 34 days cycle, it was late for 4 days. Just tested using Watson test kit on Tuesday, negative result (1st urine in the morning). Should I test it again? or visit a gynae?

Also, congratz to all MTBs.

should wait for 3 more days, and do another test.. after that, go to doctor..

I understand how nerve-wrecking u must be feeling now.. was exactly the same when i was 4 days late, and mine is usually only 1 day early or late..

Hi Mummies!

Itz nice to see so mani Oct babies here =)
EDD 17 Oct

I am having a very sensitive taste bud & everything that I take will most likely thrown up. Can someone advise me what to do so as to make sure that my baby gets the food.

Thank you & congrats to all ! :)

me too, was a picky eater before pregnancy, now even pickier :(

I gets nauseous all the time. But no throwing up. Taste bud ultra sensitive as well. No food seems to be the right taste anymore. Bt I gets hungry all the time so I hv to eat. U could try to eat food that doesn't had too much of a strong taste? Like tofu, egg, bread, savory biscuits, fruits, yogurts, cereals, oats, milk, soya milk etc. Eat smaller potion each time. Hope it helps.

yeah, now even the smell of food can make me feel like puking.. it's worrying for me cuz i was a picky eater before pregnancy, and now it's even worse, plus the smell of more type of food making me nauseous.. thanks for the list of food recommendation.. still have to eat despite change of taste bud.. every 3 hours must eat, else feel faint & nauseous...

Anyone of u mummies get headaches recently... I tend to get headache on n off.. I dunt have MS get just that after I eat I get a little nauseous which worsens at night

headaches not really.. mainly ms, usually in the morning, sometimes afternoon, once at 8pm.. sometimes twice a day, most times jus nauseous.. really sucky... :confused:

Haha same as me. I think we can't take panadol? I also wake up and pee a lot at night and drink water. Sometimes takes a while to fall asleep again

i'm not sure if we can take panadol or not, but for me rather not unless doc says ok hehe

sometimes i have insomnia, sometimes i got so tired i slept before 10pm.. o_O

hi all mtb, my edd is 1st oct and 8 weeks now :)
Have ms on and off and stomach seems to be bloated during the day till night and tummy flatten a bit when waking up in the morning. As this is my first, may i know is it normal? Quite worried as i am quite old too.

i think its diff for diff pple.. its ur first too? old, abv 30 or below 30... its my first too and well, i am comparably older then most of my frens :p

Oh, okok. For a moment, i thought it's abnormal to not have any morning sickness...haha...food preference wise, i currently don't seem to enjoy some of the food which i used last time before preggy....sad...

At the moment my appetite is very good u like my 1st pregnancy. But feeling tired from mid day onwards is one thing that is hitting me... I get home from work and all I want to do is crash

At the moment my appetite is very good u like my 1st pregnancy. But feeling tired from mid day onwards is one thing that is hitting me... I get home from work and all I want to do is crash
Same here. Appetite is good as usual but come about 2pm I'll be so tired I don't feel like moving :(

Last week I felt nauseous when I entered i12 katong, cos the perfume in the mall is quite strong. Hope MS will be kind to me... haha

i'm not sure if we can take panadol or not, but for me rather not unless doc says ok hehe

sometimes i have insomnia, sometimes i got so tired i slept before 10pm.. o_O

Yeah I'm also scared about medications. My hubby doesn't let me wear makeup now. And my skin is having a slight breakout *sigh* Sometimes I feel like cannot go out of the house haha.

I am sleeping around 8-9 hours now, but that is also including the time I wake up for a while in the middle of the night. Haha.

i think its diff for diff pple.. its ur first too? old, abv 30 or below 30... its my first too and well, i am comparably older then most of my frens :p
Hi Babyrella,
yes, it's my first and i am almost 40 ...
My menses has always been very irregular and can dragged till like 4mths (i experienced once last year and that prompted me to check at KKH).
I am quite worried bcoz of my age ...

wow... suddenly the group so active! lol.. i didn't check for 2 days and so many things to catch up...

i saw some posts that i want to have some comments but too lazy to refer back for each one...

for those without MS, great for u! my wife hardly had any MS for our first but this 2nd one like bit more naughty... disturb mummy more so my wife been feeling cold and bloated.

sensitive to food smell is very normal. your fav food last time can be your worst enemy now. it's all part of the changes to expect.

carbonated drinks is ok to take some. but careful of the sugar content and also the caffeine. Caffeine prevents nutrients or other useful stuff from being absorbed into the body thus don't take medicine with coffee/coke/etc.

Don't panic if you don't detect anything at week 6... some babies just prefer to take abit of time. just like how every baby will be different size, different weight... they will grow up at different pace... learn things at different pace... don't stress yourself thinking about such things. if the gynae say u r ok then u r ok. if u don't trust the gynae then u shouldn't be with the gynae. if u go to a gynae then trust his/her professional advice (wish my clients will trust me too and not go to others... but that's another story).

anyway my number is 90680898. feel free to contact me. name's Andy.

Dear Tupapa,

i was quite worried coz i was feeling cold and bloated after week 7.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Basically i didn't realised i was pregnant when i have giddy spells and nasueousness
and even went for my biz trip. giddiness started in around dec and went to see a GP in Jan, tested negative in Jan as requested by the GP.

@miyuki88, that's the idea of this forum! share and support each other!

cold and bloated is normal... my wife is getting that now which did not happen with our bunny...

every mummy might experience something different in these few months, don't be too anxious... relax... chill... it helps the baby too!

Hi Babyrella,
My menses has always been very irregular and can dragged till like 4mths (i experienced once last year and that prompted me to check at KKH).
I see.. I understand your worry.. I am almost 30, I am a littleeee weeny worried as well, but I just have faith..

Pray for urs to go smoothly too! ^.^

@miyuki88, that's the idea of this forum! share and support each other!

cold and bloated is normal... my wife is getting that now which did not happen with our bunny...

every mummy might experience something different in these few months, don't be too anxious... relax... chill... it helps the baby too!

yes, me better start to learn to chill :)
Tks alot again :)

I see.. I understand your worry.. I am almost 30, I am a littleeee weeny worried as well, but I just have faith..

Pray for urs to go smoothly too! ^.^

Tks babe.
Gynae was quite puzzled coz tested negative on 12 Jan and when she did the scan, bb is 7weeks on Feb 12, that makes me worried most.

I will do my best :)

Whenever I feel sian, I always think of friends who have been trying so hard to get pregnant...
Cos there are people out there who would do anything to experience MS...
We should count our blessings :)
hehe :) thanks zaclin29! :)
I shld tink positive as well. But... I reali hope it will be over soon :):):)

Hi Eileen.. what's ur comment of Dr John Tee? I saw a lot of recommendation on him. . I m considering to choose him
Hi.. i find him ok.. cos he is the one who help me to remove fibroids last year sep.. so this time round pregnant go back to him as he know my situation well...

He is quite fast and chop chop... that y i alway prepared my qns in advance and asked him.. whatever qns u asked he will an answer and give u assure...

He is recommended by my colleague who helped her delivered her boys 15 yrs ago and 5 yrs ago.. so i can say he is a very experienced doc..

I just seen him ytd at the amk kk women clinic..

Maybe u can try to make an appointment with him so that can see if u like him..

Yeah I'm also scared about medications. My hubby doesn't let me wear makeup now. And my skin is having a slight breakout *sigh* Sometimes I feel like cannot go out of the house haha.

I am sleeping around 8-9 hours now, but that is also including the time I wake up for a while in the middle of the night. Haha.

wow, no make up? but how's that related to any effect on pregnancy? 0.o Lol, maybe can slow talk to him lah, if any adverse effect, then logic ma u cannot wear..

same, but sometimes even i sleep enough also tired..haha..

Oh the dreaded UTI.... Please drink cranberry juice every few days once at least to prevent UTI. I have UTI right from the day I conceive and it complicates matter now. I bought Ocean Spray brand.

thanks for the heads up! will keep a lookout for cranberry juices from now on ^.^

Hi Babyrella,
I am 42 and preggy with 1st after ivf. I also worry due to my age so will do harmony test that cost $2k.

I am 42 and preggy with 1st after ivf. I also worry due to my age so will do harmony test that cost $2k.
Hihi, I guess we are more worried bcoz of our age but if fann can do it, we can too :)
My gynae asked me to see her in 2weeks time coz she worried abt late ovulation? And Oscar test is scheduled after week 12.
Pray hard that things will go smoothly for all mummies here :)

Back