(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

My gastro kinda feeling is back :( not feeling nauseous though. And this feeling usually gets a little worst at night. Whats wronggggg.

Just went to my second check up today. (Dr John Yam) Am 7w3d. Saw the flickering heartbeat. Edd 10 oct. Took blood test today and bill up to $352. I nv ask much cos nt sure wat to ask. Is there anything important that I should ask on my next appointment? Next appointment will be one mth later. By then I shld be almost 12w. Hope everything will be smooth and fine till then. =)

My gastro kinda feeling is back :( not feeling nauseous though. And this feeling usually gets a little worst at night. Whats wronggggg.

Hi pinnpinn, I am from the August mummies group.

Pregnancy causes the gastro function to slow down so food digest slower to let the baby absorb better. Sometimes the vomiting is not caused by MS but indigestion. If you feel like too much acid try using antacids when necessary.

Try taking probiotics. It helps your overall gastrointestinal system to function better. It saved my CNY.

Last edited:
@jerlicious, that's good point! u know your condition so good to see early.

for those 1st timers i guess good to see early so that any possible issues might be detected early. better be safe!

drink more water to prevent UTI and take folic and fish oil for healthy meh meh!
Hi tupapa.. I jus test postive this morning. .so is it that I need to see a doctor to test again to confirm?

What kinda test are u using ? My strip test was a very faint line 5 days after my period is due. And i almost want to throw away before I saw this very faint line. The positive line may not be obvious and you need to wait for a while before it shows up (at least for my case). I tested it one week later again and it was a darker line.

Is your menses regular ?
Hi aautumn. . I used clear blue.. anyway this morning I tried the digital test. . N YES!! It's positive. . It even showed that 1-2weeks since conception. .

Hi aautumn. . I used clear blue.. anyway this morning I tried the digital test. . N YES!! It's positive. . It even showed that 1-2weeks since conception. .
Congrats!! U can buy folic acid from unity or guardian and take that first. At the same time also look for gynae and make appointment when u are week 6 or 7. That's when u should hear your bb heartbeat

I had an appt with my gynae ytd and he delivered the bad news. we detected 2mm heartbeat with 1.6mm growth rate on 17 feb but I lost it the next day - cny eve. we couldn't see the heartbeat ytd and measures at 2.8mm. I was told the foetus will grow 1mm each day and that's how we derive that I lost it on cny eve. I'm scheduled for a xray on fri morning for a second opinion but i know it's gone. the foetus shud be at least 10mm by now.

I had an appt with my gynae ytd and he delivered the bad news. we detected 2mm heartbeat with 1.6mm growth rate on 17 feb but I lost it the next day - cny eve. we couldn't see the heartbeat ytd and measures at 2.8mm. I was told the foetus will grow 1mm each day and that's how we derive that I lost it on cny eve. I'm scheduled for a xray on fri morning for a second opinion but i know it's gone. the foetus shud be at least 10mm by now.

Sorry to hear that xinzy. It's better to seek second opinion. Don't lose hope yet!! Can do x-ray when you are pregnant? You r referring to ultrasound scan? Take care and rest more for time being.

My regular gynae is away till next week. Cos I have hypothyroid, i needed to get the pregnancy checked 1st before arranging an appt with my thyroid doc to adjust my dosage. So I saw a different gynae yesterday. according to my last menses date, i should be exactly 6 weeks now but he only managed to detect a gestational sac yesterday via abdominal scan. No yolk sac or embryo yet. He kept asking me if i have been bleeding n saying how it is much slower than what it should be and that it looks more like 5 weeks only. I asked if anything was abnormal, he said no, just slower than what it should be. He told me to come back in 2 weeks time n if no embryo or heartbeat, then the pregnancy is considered abnormal. It got me so worried that I wanted to just burst out crying.

i got home n started checking online. apparently, it is quite normal for some women around 6 weeks to only see a gestational sac cos it also depends on how long each woman's menstrual cycle is and when ovulation occurred. The 6 weeks calculation is based on a 28 day cycle and a 14th day ovulation. So for mine, i dunno exactly cos he didn't ask me for my length of menstrual cycle. Mine averages around 31 days and i usually ovulate on 16th day. I dunno whether i'm just trying to stay positive or if i should just prepare for the worst in 2 weeks time. :( I couldn't sleep last night n kept thinking of all different scenarios. I probably will go back to my regular gynae in 2 weeks time for the scan cos i think i would feel more assured n comfortable. This gynae yesterday really got me so worried by his vague replies.

My regular gynae is away till next week. Cos I have hypothyroid, i needed to get the pregnancy checked 1st before arranging an appt with my thyroid doc to adjust my dosage. So I saw a different gynae yesterday. according to my last menses date, i should be exactly 6 weeks now but he only managed to detect a gestational sac yesterday via abdominal scan. No yolk sac or embryo yet. He kept asking me if i have been bleeding n saying how it is much slower than what it should be and that it looks more like 5 weeks only. I asked if anything was abnormal, he said no, just slower than what it should be. He told me to come back in 2 weeks time n if no embryo or heartbeat, then the pregnancy is considered abnormal. It got me so worried that I wanted to just burst out crying.

i got home n started checking online. apparently, it is quite normal for some women around 6 weeks to only see a gestational sac cos it also depends on how long each woman's menstrual cycle is and when ovulation occurred. The 6 weeks calculation is based on a 28 day cycle and a 14th day ovulation. So for mine, i dunno exactly cos he didn't ask me for my length of menstrual cycle. Mine averages around 31 days and i usually ovulate on 16th day. I dunno whether i'm just trying to stay positive or if i should just prepare for the worst in 2 weeks time. :( I couldn't sleep last night n kept thinking of all different scenarios. I probably will go back to my regular gynae in 2 weeks time for the scan cos i think i would feel more assured n comfortable. This gynae yesterday really got me so worried by his vague replies.

I had the same experience with my #1. Went to see Gynae and couldn't find anything even with v-scan. Gynae also told me it looks abnormal and said I shld take the blood tests to Cfm.. But I refused.. He told me to come back the following week but I didn't go back to him..

Instead book an appt with NUH at wk9 and everything was fine..

So it's fine not to see anything at wk6... Would advised that u see yr regular Gynae in 2 wks time..

Meantime, rest well..

Don't worry. Go 1-2 wks later and check again. Urs maybe still at the wk 5 so may not be able to see for some cases. I'm sure everything will be fine ya.

Take care dear... Hope it turns out well for u..

Sorry to hear that xinzy. Hope that you will have a good rest and mini confinement before your next try.

HI!! I went to polyclinic and found out on 10th Feb that I'm pregnant! 11th Feb, went to NUH to do a scan, and could only see the water bag. 5 weeks then. Going for another scan this early march, and so excited to see the little bub!

Downloaded some apps, and it shows me that EDD would be Oct 15. Hopefully gonna get a more firm date from the doc soonest, but in the mean time, baby & first time mummy says hello to other would-be Oct 15 mummies! :))

Hi ladies I've been using Ovia pregnancy app and think it's very useful. You can take notes after doctor's appt, enter milestones and keep track of your food intake, water intake, exercise and sleep. It also have some useful pregnancy info. Best of all, it's free. Can give it a try :)

HI!! I went to polyclinic and found out on 10th Feb that I'm pregnant! 11th Feb, went to NUH to do a scan, and could only see the water bag. 5 weeks then. Going for another scan this early march, and so excited to see the little bub!

Downloaded some apps, and it shows me that EDD would be Oct 15. Hopefully gonna get a more firm date from the doc soonest, but in the mean time, baby & first time mummy says hello to other would-be Oct 15 mummies! :))

Congrats babyrella! I'm also at NUH with Dr Mary Rauff. What about you?

Hi theia,
U managed to get appt with prof rauff? Special case?

She was my Gynae for #1..

This time I'm with Dr Su Lilin @ NUH..

Zaclin29 I saw Prof Rauff when I was younger and haven't seen her for the last 4 years. Good thing is I was told that I can get referred back to her. Thought that I might need to see another gynae initially as I heard that she doesn't take any more new patients.

Can I ask how was your experience delivering at NUH? Any tips or things to look out for? This will be my first time :)

Congrats babyrella! I'm also at NUH with Dr Mary Rauff. What about you?

Thank you! ;)
o_O I am not quite sure who my doctor was, but I'll check it out on my next scan! :)

By the way, I think sick people with contageous sickness like flu shouldnt be allowed in the Fetal Care Clinic.. I got sick the next day after my appointment on 11th Feb cuz two kids who were obviously down with the bad flu sat in front of me while waiting for the doctor. Recovered from the flu, but the cough is still here but subsiding... :confused:

Hi all, I'm new to this thread. This is my first pregnancy. I tested positive on 16th Jan and went on to test with clearblue digital test kit and it stated that I was 2-3 weeks pregnant. My last menses was 18th Jan, so which makes me 5 weeks pregnant. I've already booked an appointment with a gynae for a scan on 12 March (around wk 7). I googled a bit and my EDD should be about 25th Oct.

Last year in mid November, I did laposcopy to unblock both of my fallopian tubes at KKH. Doctor said the blockage is likely due to the thickening of the uterus. Am so happy that I managed to get pregnant. Anything that I should take note before my first visit to the gynae? I'm currently still taking Blackmores Conceive Well Gold, cos I saw that the contents seems quite comprehensive, like folic acid and fish oil. Is it enough? Or any advise of what supplements I should get?

Zaclin29 I saw Prof Rauff when I was younger and haven't seen her for the last 4 years. Good thing is I was told that I can get referred back to her. Thought that I might need to see another gynae initially as I heard that she doesn't take any more new patients.

Can I ask how was your experience delivering at NUH? Any tips or things to look out for? This will be my first time :)

I did water birth with #1..
It was a great experience..
NUH has been my #1 choice for anything. Haha. And always have good experience with their docs, nurses & stay there.. No complains at all...

However for #1, prof rauff didn't make it in time for my delivery so my baby was delivered by midwife instead... Hubby said cos she's too old n walked too slow that's why can't reach on time... She came like 3 mins after my baby was out.... She was so surprised that I delivered so fast...

Thank you! ;)
o_O I am not quite sure who my doctor was, but I'll check it out on my next scan! :)

By the way, I think sick people with contageous sickness like flu shouldnt be allowed in the Fetal Care Clinic.. I got sick the next day after my appointment on 11th Feb cuz two kids who were obviously down with the bad flu sat in front of me while waiting for the doctor. Recovered from the flu, but the cough is still here but subsiding... :confused:

babyrella oh no that sucks, especially since we can't take most medications now. Hope you get well soon!

I did water birth with #1..
It was a great experience..
NUH has been my #1 choice for anything. Haha. And always have good experience with their docs, nurses & stay there.. No complains at all...

However for #1, prof rauff didn't make it in time for my delivery so my baby was delivered by midwife instead... Hubby said cos she's too old n walked too slow that's why can't reach on time... She came like 3 mins after my baby was out.... She was so surprised that I delivered so fast...

zaclin29 great to hear that. Was wondering if I should go kkh or private. Hope Prof Rauff will be able to deliver mine personally! I actually know her younger daughter so she's really much older, like my parents' age I think.

Hello mummies,

I have irregular menses and based on 34 days cycle, it was late for 4 days. Just tested using Watson test kit on Tuesday, negative result (1st urine in the morning). Should I test it again? or visit a gynae?

Also, congratz to all MTBs.

zaclin29 great to hear that. Was wondering if I should go kkh or private. Hope Prof Rauff will be able to deliver mine personally! I actually know her younger daughter so she's really much older, like my parents' age I think.

U know her daughter on a personal level? Yah she's really very old. Shld be reaching 80yo now... The nurse & my Gynae did asked me if I still want to go back to her but I choose not to... Since I'm opting for normal delivery this time...

Hi Mummies!

Itz nice to see so mani Oct babies here =)
EDD 17 Oct

I am having a very sensitive taste bud & everything that I take will most likely thrown up. Can someone advise me what to do so as to make sure that my baby gets the food.

Thank you & congrats to all ! :)

U know her daughter on a personal level? Yah she's really very old. Shld be reaching 80yo now... The nurse & my Gynae did asked me if I still want to go back to her but I choose not to... Since I'm opting for normal delivery this time...

zaclin29 Yes her daughter's my sister's friend. I didn't know that she was that old. So you chose not to go back to her because of her age?

I threw up once this morning, but I think I ate too much for breakfast. I think need to start to eat smaller meals when MS sets in?

Hi Mummies!

Itz nice to see so mani Oct babies here =)
EDD 17 Oct

I am having a very sensitive taste bud & everything that I take will most likely thrown up. Can someone advise me what to do so as to make sure that my baby gets the food.

Thank you & congrats to all ! :)
I gets nauseous all the time. But no throwing up. Taste bud ultra sensitive as well. No food seems to be the right taste anymore. Bt I gets hungry all the time so I hv to eat. U could try to eat food that doesn't had too much of a strong taste? Like tofu, egg, bread, savory biscuits, fruits, yogurts, cereals, oats, milk, soya milk etc. Eat smaller potion each time. Hope it helps.

Anyone of u mummies get headaches recently... I tend to get headache on n off.. I dunt have MS get just that after I eat I get a little nauseous which worsens at night

Anyone of u mummies get headaches recently... I tend to get headache on n off.. I dunt have MS get just that after I eat I get a little nauseous which worsens at night

Joey2015 yes I get headaches when it's too hot, cos probably dehydrated, or when I'm tired. So I try to drink as much water as possible. Also a lot of burping, bloating, slight nausea and flatulence :(

Starting for the first few weeks I tends to get headaches Bt bearable dun ned to take panadols. Yup just drink loadsa water and keeps hydrated does helps ya. I will wake up in e middle of the nite to drink as well. I gets a lot of gases too. Not tru burps Bt farts. lol!

Starting for the first few weeks I tends to get headaches Bt bearable dun ned to take panadols. Yup just drink loadsa water and keeps hydrated does helps ya. I will wake up in e middle of the nite to drink as well. I gets a lot of gases too. Not tru burps Bt farts. lol!

Haha same as me. I think we can't take panadol? I also wake up and pee a lot at night and drink water. Sometimes takes a while to fall asleep again

I gets nauseous all the time. But no throwing up. Taste bud ultra sensitive as well. No food seems to be the right taste anymore. Bt I gets hungry all the time so I hv to eat. U could try to eat food that doesn't had too much of a strong taste? Like tofu, egg, bread, savory biscuits, fruits, yogurts, cereals, oats, milk, soya milk etc. Eat smaller potion each time. Hope it helps.
Thanks jerlicious!
The only tings tat can calm the stomach is carbonated drink haizzz
ya, i will try out the fruits this evening to see if itz help =))

hi all mtb, my edd is 1st oct and 8 weeks now :)
Have ms on and off and stomach seems to be bloated during the day till night and tummy flatten a bit when waking up in the morning. As this is my first, may i know is it normal? Quite worried as i am quite old too.

Back