(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

My hubby made me very upset on Sat night. He was upset I wanted to get a 2nd hand crib. I tot this could save us some money if BB resists the crib and won't sleep in it. As I intend to get a new Yao Lan when BB reaches 6 months old.

He insisted that I don't love my BB as much and could easily spend the same amount of money on durians to treat my family.

I didn't quarrel with him but became very emo at the accusation. Tears just ran down my cheeks. Though he did apologize afterwards. The next morning I had a little bit of brown mucus discharge. Maybe Dong Le Tai Qi.

After that we keep checking for BB's movement. My BB usually keep very still whenever I am tense. I don't understand why the hubby cannot give in to me and treat me better instead of making me upset now that I am preggie.

So I bed rested for 2 straight days and no more discharge.

We are also getting 2nd hand cot from my cousin. In fact, my hubby and I won't mind as we wanna save some money too...... there will be lot more other stuff to buy.... think as long as it's in good condition, it's ok for both of us :)

Think your hubby just want to give the best to the bb.... can talk to him again.... tell him save the money for the diapers and milk powder ;)

Ya I keep telling him she didn't move much today den he told me she is fine one nth happen.. After awhile he tell me to go disturb her let her listen to songs poke her etc to see she got any reaction anot -.- he also scare lo still tell me he not scare xD

first time dads are equally worried like us :)

my hubby also.... sometime when I said "bb like not so active today", he will get very concern and say "need to go see doc or not".... buay tahan.... xD

first time dads are equally worried like us :)

my hubby also.... sometime when I said "bb like not so active today", he will get very concern and say "need to go see doc or not".... buay tahan.... xD
Haha ya! Now he keep touching my tummy ask me did she move? Did she move? xD it's so fun to see them so gan chiong though hehe.. Hardly can see them like that I guess xD

My hubby made me very upset on Sat night. He was upset I wanted to get a 2nd hand crib. I tot this could save us some money if BB resists the crib and won't sleep in it. As I intend to get a new Yao Lan when BB reaches 6 months old.

He insisted that I don't love my BB as much and could easily spend the same amount of money on durians to treat my family.

I didn't quarrel with him but became very emo at the accusation. Tears just ran down my cheeks. Though he did apologize afterwards. The next morning I had a little bit of brown mucus discharge. Maybe Dong Le Tai Qi.

After that we keep checking for BB's movement. My BB usually keep very still whenever I am tense. I don't understand why the hubby cannot give in to me and treat me better instead of making me upset now that I am preggie.

So I bed rested for 2 straight days and no more discharge.
For me it is my dad getting on my nerves...tsk tsk tsk...

true lah..cot like not much space ..so for me I thus opted for a travel cot, can fold and carry easily to elsewhere..eg mil plc sometimes

shouldn't be a problem ..cos bb protected by the fluid ard
Won't be a problem ba. I fell down at roadside even worse. My tummy feels like softsoft one. Then hubby asked why bbgirl like become so soft isit get scared. That's why.... I was also monitoring her movement. Not alot also

We are also getting 2nd hand cot from my cousin. In fact, my hubby and I won't mind as we wanna save some money too...... there will be lot more other stuff to buy.... think as long as it's in good condition, it's ok for both of us :)

Think your hubby just want to give the best to the bb.... can talk to him again.... tell him save the money for the diapers and milk powder ;)

I also got a second hand cot from my cousin. Just need to buy a new baby mattress. Are you going to buy a new mattress?

@ice tea: my hubby is also sometimes over react on my decision...not hygienic la, not this that la and he can really naggg...just slowly talk to him and he will understand. Talk to him after both of you had a good meal always helps....haha, cos the tummy is full and satisfied and it is easier for him to listen. ;)

We are thinking of getting a second hand cot from my colleague too coz wanna save some money too.. At first we dun plan to get the yao lan but my mum said bb will sleep more soundly inside yao lan but problem is we also got no space to put it :(

Guys usually wun be so sensitive de yah.. Try talk to him let him understand how u feel or what yah.. For me I did "warn" my hubby that now I may be throwing temper easily or what but what I said doesn't mean it de so he did understand that and sometimes he just let me nag and nag.. Lol after that he will try to coax me again..

Ya guess my hubby not as sensitive to me de even though he know he has to be. If he thinks he's right he will insists on his point of view. To protect my BB, I just give in. It's more like he's the one pregnant and I have to tread carefully around him. :Eek:

also dilemma ..cos one hand need to cut cost on bb stuffs as they r really not cheap and they out grow very fast then on other hand like want the best for bb..

ya agree with chrisl. bb stuffs expensive so me & hubby everything also get second hand de.. second hand cot + mattress (but mattress cover we will buy new one), second hand rocker, second hand carrier and second hand clothes. Esp clothes, bb outgrow super fast no point waste money buy. Basically everything is can get second hand just get becoz u will need to spend on other stuffs first hand like diapers, bb shampoo & bath foam.

@lil_mermaid I washed my hands often before pregnancy and kept this habit during pregnancy. Now I Kenna dyshidrotic eczema on the hands due to loss of the skin's natural protective layer from overwashing. Do use the cream to protect the affected areas. And don't burst any eczema bumps, makes it more painful.

@Ice_Tea your hubby is really very sweet to your BB! Haha sometimes it tickles me to see the hubby so Gan Cheong

@lenax thanks for the suggestion to talk to hubby after a nice meal. Some hungry men are angry men. Will try that Hahaha yes thinking of getting new mattress to go with the cot. My hubby can be real naggy when he thinks he has an issue *sweat* I have I tell him to keep quiet or I am not going to talk to him.

@Snowy_03 my hubby is happy-go-lucky type only see the present and won't worry about future expenses. Milk and diapers are going to be quite a bomb if I estimate correctly.

@chrisl yes I don't like it when people reach out for my tummy without asking. It's like personal space invaded. But i just bite my tongue and let it be. A bit too close for comfort right? *Hiaks* Yes everyone wants the best for their BBs and we would like to spend and still have lots of surplus for other stuffs. Dilemma indeed!!

@icyjol it's great to have your hubby sharing the same point of view on spending! Ya as long as the second hand de is in good condition why not right? In the process we are also teaching our BBs not to be wasteful but to reuse and recycle. Babies do outgrow clothes very fast. I was looking at the sizing chart from 0M, 3M, 6M to 12M, every 3M the increase in height is about 6cm !! Will try to buy a few bigger pieces to accommodate for this constant growth.

@lil_mermaid I washed my hands often before pregnancy and kept this habit during pregnancy. Now I Kenna dyshidrotic eczema on the hands due to loss of the skin's natural protective layer from overwashing. Do use the cream to protect the affected areas. And don't burst any eczema bumps, makes it more painful.

@Ice_Tea your hubby is really very sweet to your BB! Haha sometimes it tickles me to see the hubby so Gan Cheong

@lenax thanks for the suggestion to talk to hubby after a nice meal. Some hungry men are angry men. Will try that Hahaha yes thinking of getting new mattress to go with the cot. My hubby can be real naggy when he thinks he has an issue *sweat* I have I tell him to keep quiet or I am not going to talk to him.

@Snowy_03 my hubby is happy-go-lucky type only see the present and won't worry about future expenses. Milk and diapers are going to be quite a bomb if I estimate correctly.

@chrisl yes I don't like it when people reach out for my tummy without asking. It's like personal space invaded. But i just bite my tongue and let it be. A bit too close for comfort right? *Hiaks* Yes everyone wants the best for their BBs and we would like to spend and still have lots of surplus for other stuffs. Dilemma indeed!!

@icyjol it's great to have your hubby sharing the same point of view on spending! Ya as long as the second hand de is in good condition why not right? In the process we are also teaching our BBs not to be wasteful but to reuse and recycle. Babies do outgrow clothes very fast. I was looking at the sizing chart from 0M, 3M, 6M to 12M, every 3M the increase in height is about 6cm !! Will try to buy a few bigger pieces to accommodate for this constant growth.

Some new born babies cannot fit into the 0-3mths range. My fren one cant have to wear the 3-6mths range but abit loose. For diapers, my frens and colleagues actually said dont buy too many first because depends on your baby's figure, some of the diapers cannot fit properly and will cause leakage of the poo/pee, if buy too many wasted. they said some brand fits baby A but another brand fits baby B figure and built. Have to trial and error for the good fit. They advised tat hospital will give u the remaining open pack of diapers, if it fits your baby then u buy that brand and sizing. If not, buy another brand but small pack and try. See which brand fits then mass purchase. Otherwise wasted and pee/poo kept leaking on the mattress.

Actually me too! Touch like poke my tummy I am still ok but I dont like ppl who use the palm touch and rub my tummy without asking.

I also got a second hand cot from my cousin. Just need to buy a new baby mattress. Are you going to buy a new mattress?

@ice tea: my hubby is also sometimes over react on my decision...not hygienic la, not this that la and he can really naggg...just slowly talk to him and he will understand. Talk to him after both of you had a good meal always helps....haha, cos the tummy is full and satisfied and it is easier for him to listen. ;)
Yeah, he quite understand that I may be more naggy than last time haha.. And he really gave in to me a lot.. Now everything also he do even keeping the clothes I wanna do he also will scold >.< den I told him wah if after my pregnancy U still treat me like that I will be so happy haha

Ya I think future he will be one that spoil the bb.. Haha he already said he wanna bring her go eat mac, go play, go zoo and river safari etc.. Lol

Some new born babies cannot fit into the 0-3mths range. My fren one cant have to wear the 3-6mths range but abit loose. For diapers, my frens and colleagues actually said dont buy too many first because depends on your baby's figure, some of the diapers cannot fit properly and will cause leakage of the poo/pee, if buy too many wasted. they said some brand fits baby A but another brand fits baby B figure and built. Have to trial and error for the good fit..

I agree! 0-3 mths look really tiny! so usually I'll get the 3-6 months range. For diapers, I intend to just use the hospital package first, and get hubby to try out cheapest brand for cost saving! Everything needs $$$$ now!

Are you ladies hiring confinement nanny btw?

I agree! 0-3 mths look really tiny! so usually I'll get the 3-6 months range. For diapers, I intend to just use the hospital package first, and get hubby to try out cheapest brand for cost saving! Everything needs $$$$ now!

Are you ladies hiring confinement nanny btw?

My cousin said she wanted to pass me her baby boy's clothings. Hopefully I don't need to buy too many..totally agree, everything needs money and baby stuff is not cheap. My friend told me to save up extra cash for unexpected expenditure, esp for first time parents who usually are not well prepared (or not experienced).

I am hiring CL for a month, cos I will be taking care of my baby all by myself. What bout u?

Im trying without a CL as they dun come cheap ... I also want to be there for them, bonding with them ..but my hb will take 4 weeks leave and we will support one another. While my mum/aunt will come by cook/clean..

Yeah, he quite understand that I may be more naggy than last time haha.. And he really gave in to me a lot.. Now everything also he do even keeping the clothes I wanna do he also will scold >.< den I told him wah if after my pregnancy U still treat me like that I will be so happy haha

Hahaha..your hubby is really nice! Enjoy every bits of it. VIP treatment for 9 months :D

My hubby is so busy with work. He has to go out dinner when overseas client came to sg or else he has to go for business trip. He got 3 weeks trip to Europe in May, which is so close to my EDD!

@icyjol thanks for the tip just before the Apr baby fair! In fact I didn't know this and intended to grab diapers by the carton from the baby fair. Will have to get at least 2 waterproof changing mats too!

@Littlenina if u are hiring a CL do request to take a pic of their IC/passport and in exchange let them take ours. I mean afterall we are paying so much, there should be some exchange of personal particulars. There was one who declined and says if we need to sort things out can call her daughter who's residing in SG?? Where to trace her? And she told me she's shifting house before the start of my confinement. She said not to worry if she gets caught up with things she can easily get her friend to stand in for her. I don't feel too comfortable with her.

I am hiring CL for a month, cos I will be taking care of my baby all by myself. What bout u?

I’m considering the option now, but still can’t make up my mind. The only concern is that I do not know how to take care of the baby since it’s my first. How much did you paid?

Im trying without a CL as they dun come cheap ... I also want to be there for them, bonding with them ..but my hb will take 4 weeks leave and we will support one another. While my mum/aunt will come by cook/clean..

Your hubby took 4 weeks leave wow!! But isn’t it a waste to take together?

@Littleninaif u are hiring a CL do request to take a pic of their IC/passport and in exchange let them take ours..

Wow, ya fishy. If I’m getting a CL, I may get it through agency, should be much safer I guess?

I'm staying with my mum during the 4 months too so she can help me to take care of the bb and I also can learn how to take care.. After that she will be baby sitting her too.. Which means I will hv to separate with my bb :( only weekends then can see her.. :(

Hahaha..your hubby is really nice! Enjoy every bits of it. VIP treatment for 9 months :D

My hubby is so busy with work. He has to go out dinner when overseas client came to sg or else he has to go for business trip. He got 3 weeks trip to Europe in May, which is so close to my EDD!
Haha yes! He's treating me like a queen now xD and inside is his princess.. Haha but he said once princess is out I will become maid too haha..

So coincident?! Then he can't accompany u during the delivery? :( can't postpone or anything?

Yes. The cot doesn't have a mattress so we just need to go buy a new mattress will do liao

ya agree with chrisl. bb stuffs expensive so me & hubby everything also get second hand de.. second hand cot + mattress (but mattress cover we will buy new one), second hand rocker, second hand carrier and second hand clothes. Esp clothes, bb outgrow super fast no point waste money buy. Basically everything is can get second hand just get becoz u will need to spend on other stuffs first hand like diapers, bb shampoo & bath foam.

absolutely agree! :)

my colleague has passed on his sons' clothes.... 3 bags full... and I have yet to sort them all out accordingly.... with these, I can no need to buy clothes liao ;)

My cousin said she wanted to pass me her baby boy's clothings. Hopefully I don't need to buy too many..totally agree, everything needs money and baby stuff is not cheap. My friend told me to save up extra cash for unexpected expenditure, esp for first time parents who usually are not well prepared (or not experienced).

Initially I have thot about looking after myself just like one of my colleagues. but even she herself also discourage and mention it's very tiring.... so i have booked a CL

had my check up today.... i almost fainted... gained 4kg from last month.... and I eat, bb also eat.... hahaha.... during last week detailed scan, he's about 473g and just a week's difference, he's grown by another 200g :)

Your hubby took 4 weeks leave wow!! But isn’t it a waste to take together?

cos that 4 weeks is his summer holidays ..he will take another 1 week or so after in future

@Littlenina if u are hiring a CL do request to take a pic of their IC/passport and in exchange let them take ours. I mean afterall we are paying so much, there should be some exchange of personal particulars. There was one who declined and says if we need to sort things out can call her daughter who's residing in SG?? Where to trace her? And she told me she's shifting house before the start of my confinement. She said not to worry if she gets caught up with things she can easily get her friend to stand in for her. I don't feel too comfortable with her.

Wah like that, better not use...esp if we need to trust her on our baby.

I’m considering the option now, but still can’t make up my mind. The only concern is that I do not know how to take care of the baby since it’s my first. How much did you paid?

I am paying her 2k. I actually dunno what's the rate right now in SG. I know this lady well, cos last time she took care of my sis in law's baby and my other friend's baby in Indonesia and Australia.

Haha yes! He's treating me like a queen now xD and inside is his princess.. Haha but he said once princess is out I will become maid too haha..

So coincident?! Then he can't accompany u during the delivery? :( can't postpone or anything?

Hahaha....so true, downgrade from queen to maid after giving birth. Queen for 9 months and maid for dunno how long...Walah...So we better double pampered ourselves now.

It is hard to postpone for his trip. He is trying to make it earlier in April. If the daddy can't postpone then hopefully the baby can postpone a lil bit. :D

I'm staying with my mum during the 4 months too so she can help me to take care of the bb and I also can learn how to take care.. After that she will be baby sitting her too.. Which means I will hv to separate with my bb :( only weekends then can see her.. :(

How about staying alternate weekdays at yr mum's place?

Hahaha....so true, downgrade from queen to maid after giving birth. Queen for 9 months and maid for dunno how long...Walah...So we better double pampered ourselves now.

It is hard to postpone for his trip. He is trying to make it earlier in April. If the daddy can't postpone then hopefully the baby can postpone a lil bit. :D
Yes haha unless we become queen again after that xD I think the maid is a whole life duty haha cannot change liao..

Ic.. Den hopefully he can make it earlier yah hehe and see bb come out :D haha I think bb will also hope to come out see daddy and mummy xD

How about staying alternate weekdays at yr mum's place?
Yeah, will consider that too.. Coz I think I really can't bear to leave her at my mum's house haha.. And some more after 4 months she is getting more and more active le which is the best period to spend time with her :( but I hv to go back work..

Yeah, will consider that too.. Coz I think I really can't bear to leave her at my mum's house haha.. And some more after 4 months she is getting more and more active le which is the best period to spend time with her :( but I hv to go back work..

I will be staying with my mom mon-thur Then bring bb home at in law place over the weekend..initially I have the same idea as u..But I can't bare to stay apart for So long Especially if I wan to bf

Wah like that, better not use...esp if we need to trust her on our baby.

I am paying her 2k. I actually dunno what's the rate right now in SG. I know this lady well, cos last time she took care of my sis in law's baby and my other friend's baby in Indonesia and Australia.

mine is 2.6k wor....

I will also b getting my parents to baby sit when i come back to work.... and ideally i wish to bring him back every day..... but see how it goes bah....

it's so funny rite? it's never there in the past and suddenly we find the line getting darker and darker and hair growing..... :confused:
Haha yes.. Everytime I look at the mirror I see the hair I wanna laugh xD and my hubby is waiting for my belly button to pop out >.< but I hope it wun pop though hehe..

I will also b getting my parents to baby sit when i come back to work.... and ideally i wish to bring him back every day..... but see how it goes bah....
Oh ya! I forget that if I wanna bf I hv to deliver the milk to my mum's house too and is everyday delivery.. Haha..

I share the same thinking too. But have made arrangement to stay at my mum's place on alternate weekdays to keep see and keep bb company. Fri - Sun, we will take care on our own.

Hi ladies i'm from the august thread.

Due date 3aug..

Have a query here.

Did my 14th weeks genetic scan wif dr. Ananda abt 2 weeks back.

Yesterday my gynae explained to me some of the findings from the scan.

He say bb left kidney is slightly bigger (swollen) than right kidney. Is known is renal pelvis dilatation..

Something to do with urine in the kidney so hence the swelling.

Gynae keep telling me dun worry, but seriously how not to??

Anyone has any knowledge on this issue can share wif me??

Thanks in advanced..

Haha yes.. Everytime I look at the mirror I see the hair I wanna laugh xD and my hubby is waiting for my belly button to pop out >.< but I hope it wun pop though hehe..

I also watch my belly button everyday to see if it will pop out or not :D:D but don't think it will :D:D

Hi ladies i'm from the august thread.

Due date 3aug..

Have a query here.

Did my 14th weeks genetic scan wif dr. Ananda abt 2 weeks back.

Yesterday my gynae explained to me some of the findings from the scan.

He say bb left kidney is slightly bigger (swollen) than right kidney. Is known is renal pelvis dilatation..

Something to do with urine in the kidney so hence the swelling.

Gynae keep telling me dun worry, but seriously how not to??

Anyone has any knowledge on this issue can share wif me??

Thanks in advanced..

Sorry, I dunno much about this but I hope baby is okay. I like to read babycentre for some info..perhaps you can find some info there.

Here's one of the link that might be helpful for you: http://community.babycenter.com/post/a34420165/baby_kidney_sizes_different

Many hugs and support :)

Back