(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

The appointments are for both of us. They scheduled an appointment for me to see my gynae and also another separate appointment for LO to see PD. :)
i went to poly too for his jaundice checks and to arrange his appointments for jabs.

Ur appointment for at KKH is to see gyane right? Its for LO also ya? Sorry ya i abit blur..

I also delivered at kkh.. 3rd time

First 2 times only given appt for myself at 6 weeks post natal to see doc ...

This 3rd delivery. BCOZ pd is concern abt baby toes n leg as baby curl up in my tummy thus his leh n toes abit affected. So have to check on it 1 mth later.

I also delivered at kkh.. 3rd time

First 2 times only given appt for myself at 6 weeks post natal to see doc ...

This 3rd delivery. BCOZ pd is concern abt baby toes n leg as baby curl up in my tummy thus his leh n toes abit affected. So have to check on it 1 mth later.

So ur first two kids never had an follow up checkup at hospital at all? Is it cos if no health issues there is no need for an appointment?

hey mummies..
what r ur kids jaundice level?
whats the acceptable range?

how come I read in previous posts about jaundice level more than 100 or 200.. ?

Are you comfy with nursing bb outside? If you are then shouldn't be a issue, you can bring him out for a long while. My longest trip out with bb was 8 hours, to visit both hubby and my office. Cuz we werein familiar terrItory where we know we can get help, so it's easier for us. I also brought extra clothes out for myself, bb and hubby in case of accidents. Although I DL, I also brought out a portion of expressed milk, in case it is not convenient for me to DL Him, I still can get the milk heated up and ask hubby to help me feed.

So far every week I bring him out at least once. I know a friend who brought bb out everyday. I don't have a stroller yet, so I juz ring sling him out...

Hmm I have not tried nursing outside before as this is first baby, but I think one thing for sure is I will at least use a nursing cape although I haven't tried it yet xD

Ooo thanks for the advice on bringing extra clothes, I think it's also good in case accidents happen during diaper change too

I wonder how mummies using formula milk feed baby when you're outside. Do you prepare the milk powder and water separately?

Seems like need to prepare a checklist when going out! But I'm reallly desperate to go out and have a breather soon!

Mummies. Im in my 39th week. There s some brown spots on my panty liner. What shud i do?

it may be your mucus plug...when I had some brown pink discharge, just a few spots too, I had contractions the next day that eventually the contractions were 5 minutes apart and it led to the delivery of my baby ( I was 38 weeks + 4 days). Maybe you can start to be on standby mode :) all the best!

Is it necessary to shave a baby's hair when it reach 1 mth? Mine already not much hair
It is old grandma's myth

You can choose not to shave but have a symbolic cut .. Ie just cut abit of hair and put in red packet will do hehe

That is what I did for my gal cos her hair also not that much unlike gor gor plenty of hair so his was shaved botak lolz

Hmm I have not tried nursing outside before as this is first baby, but I think one thing for sure is I will at least use a nursing cape although I haven't tried it yet xD

Ooo thanks for the advice on bringing extra clothes, I think it's also good in case accidents happen during diaper change too

I wonder how mummies using formula milk feed baby when you're outside. Do you prepare the milk powder and water separately?

Seems like need to prepare a checklist when going out! But I'm reallly desperate to go out and have a breather soon!
For fm, I will pack e milk powder into container, milk bottle will contain e cool water. Will bring a thermal flesk for e hot water.

What's in my diaper bag
- extra full set of clothes for bb
- extra top for myself
- swaddle
- nursing cover
- diapers x 2 at least depending on how long I am out
- wet tissues
- dry tissues
- small tube of diaper cream
- bottle of ebm kept in a thermal bag (optional, depending on where I am going and for how long)
- ring sling (usually i am already wearing it on my way out)
- changing mat

What's in my diaper bag
- extra full set of clothes for bb
- extra top for myself
- swaddle
- nursing cover
- diapers x 2 at least depending on how long I am out
- wet tissues
- dry tissues
- small tube of diaper cream
- bottle of ebm kept in a thermal bag (optional, depending on where I am going and for how long)
- ring sling (usually i am already wearing it on my way out)
- changing mat

Thank you for sharing your list! Really useful for me! Wahh now seems like going out must bring so many barang barang, it's going to be a learning and brand new experience for me and hubby as first time parents.

And I just realised that the SG50 gift box has a Baba Sling that can be used for newborn after looking at the photos online. Lol didn't really have the time to open it yet. Going to try using that when bringing baby to polyclinic on weds

Thank you for sharing your list! Really useful for me! Wahh now seems like going out must bring so many barang barang, it's going to be a learning and brand new experience for me and hubby as first time parents.

And I just realised that the SG50 gift box has a Baba Sling that can be used for newborn after looking at the photos online. Lol didn't really have the time to open it yet. Going to try using that when bringing baby to polyclinic on weds

I am using the sg50 sling very useful since they are quite young now. The ergo carrier that I have need infant insert which is kinda difficult to put baby in now..

Is it necessary to shave a baby's hair when it reach 1 mth? Mine already not much hair
my mum says if shave the whole head's hair off, the hair will grow out nicer and more even. I will shaved my boy's hair when he is 4 months. Now he look like old man starting to have bald head lol

When wearing your babies in a wrap, sling or carrier, please ensure that you practise TICKS for safe baby wearing. Do note that the cradle position in a sling is not recommended except if you are nursing the child.
TICKS_Sling_Safety.jpg

my mum says if shave the whole head's hair off, the hair will grow out nicer and more even. I will shaved my boy's hair when he is 4 months. Now he look like old man starting to have bald head lol
Depend on the hairline of bb
Not all will look nicer and even

In case u dun know some part of the head take longer to grow hair

Sigh... Past two days have to supplement with fm occasionally as she screams for milk every 1.5hr... Hope it's just growth spurt

Sigh... Past two days have to supplement with fm occasionally as she screams for milk every 1.5hr... Hope it's just growth spurt

How many weeks baby at?
Mine is going 4 weeks Tmr, at the end of 2nd week till now she also drinks very often like every 1.5-2hrs and I ebm every 3hrs with enough for one feed only so I Supp fm since the start... Shld be growth spurt.

How many weeks baby at?
Mine is going 4 weeks Tmr, at the end of 2nd week till now she also drinks very often like every 1.5-2hrs and I ebm every 3hrs with enough for one feed only so I Supp fm since the start... Shld be growth spurt.

@ 6 weeks now.. Feels so discouraged everytime have to make additional fm.. Hb say like that I might as well full fm.. :(

My baby is three weeks now.. he is drinking 100ml 8 times a day. Bm for 5 feeds and supplement Fm for the other 3 feeds. These two days he drinks every 2-2.5hrs at the same amt. Tried to feed him 60ml, but he woke up 1.5hrs and cry for milk.

I really feel like giving up.. my supply just able to match up @ 2nd week at 90ml, this week increase to 100ml. I pump and pump, then can match up. Now, he cry every 2-2.5hrs.. Arnd 10-12feeds a day.. i really cant match up his intake.. :'( Most of the feeds he is taking fm. It's like an endless race..

Is it becuz that my milk isnt fatty enough? I see that some bm has a layer of fats when it freeze. But mine dont have at all.. how to increase the fat content in my milk?

Last edited:
@ 6 weeks now.. Feels so discouraged everytime have to make additional fm.. Hb say like that I might as well full fm.. :(

Don't worry, you are not alone. I believe many of us are in the same boat, just have to do what's best at that situation - as long baby doesn't starve. Let's jiayou tgt... I just bought fenugreek to try, hope it works cos some milk boosters I try didn't work for me.

Good moo-ning again mummies *yawn* i'm also still supplementing w FM. My boy is taking approx. 120ml every 2.5 - 3 hrs now n the avg I yield is abt 100ml every 3 - 4 hrs. So i end up latching bb every 2 hrs or so during the day... problem is, first boob he's usually quite cooperative, but when i un-detach him from the first boob, he will fall asleep, n i will usually take up to 30-45 mins to coax him to take the 2nd boob, so by the time i finish one round, its almost time for the next round. So half the time I end up supplementing w FM to stretch the feeding interval to 3 hrs. Wow this breastfeeding business is really no joke, seriously, i think all mummies are super wei da. N the thought of my CL leaving later this week is enough to send me into another bout of depression. If i can have my way, i will keep her here for abt 3 years. :p

My baby is three weeks now.. he is drinking 100ml 8 times a day. Bm for 5 feeds and supplement Fm for the other 3 feeds. These two days he drinks every 2-2.5hrs at the same amt. Tried to feed him 60ml, but he woke up 1.5hrs and cry for milk.

I really feel like giving up.. my supply just able to match up @ 2nd week at 90ml, this week increase to 100ml. I pump and pump, then can match up. Now, he cry every 2-2.5hrs.. Arnd 10-12feeds a day.. i really cant match up his intake.. :'( Most of the feeds he is taking fm. It's like an endless race..

Is it becuz that my milk isnt fatty enough? I see that some bm has a layer of fats when it freeze. But mine dont have at all.. how to increase the fat content in my milk?

I read that extra virgin coconut oil can increase the fat content in BM. However, my CL did warn that it might cause wind in bb.

I was in you gers situation from 3 to 6 weeks. Its like a race to match baby's demand for bm. Dun give up at this point. Latch baby on demand, pump after if possible. If give fm in betw feeds, also pump. Its damm sore and stress on your boobs I know. I'm eating lactation cookie every morning, taking milk thistle and brewer's yeast thruout the day. Skipped ferugreek though coz too gassy for me and baby. At 2 months post partum, supply will start to catch up.

We have up to 12 weeks post partum to establish supply. If till then really cannot then stop lo. Giving up was in my thoughts always since giving birth. I even took stop milk meds from my gynae. Am glad I didn't take them.

Latching bb now. These few days serious lack of rest since CL left. Yday had a bb who refused to sleep throughout the day and keep asking for milk milk milk or carry carry carry. I miss my bb who sleep n eat. Eat and sleep..
Then having the battle w thrush in one breast. Damn pain. So hv to express one side latch one side. No time at all... Express n eat at same time coz cannot balance express n latch at same time (how do pp do that?! No hands lei), then sometime fm sometimes EBM sometimes latch, till I also blur. Alot of never ending washing.... End up hubby come home at night to a (finally ) sleeping bb and crying wife. I think I need a more scheduled plan n need to get into the rhythm of things..

Did I mention abt never ending dripping breasts n having to keep changing tops cos apparently breast pads are a hotbed for bacteria n fungi?

@bbcripps my CL leaving this sunday too... Initially I tot CL is only for confinement period. Until my CL says that quite abit of pple actually booked them for up to three mths.

GONNA ask hub GET Coconut oil first thing in the morning..

@ding2505 I feel you. My baby now eats and sleep under CL care. When it's my turn, i guess it will be the same as yours.

Extra help is always good.

I didn't had much help during confinement. . My baby every since born. Longest feed is 2hr.. shortest 30 mins only... on full fm. 60 -120 ML each feed. Even at night also...

Very stress n lack of sleep. Sometimes I cannot take it n break down n cry. Or juz knock out n sleep few hrs...

Hope baby can sleep longer like 3hrs.. then I very happy liao... I wonder how long to the days that I dun need wake up for night feed... I miss those days!!!!!

Is the sling good to.use? Cos i haven try yet. Dun dare to sling them. Lol
My mum dun feel safe to use. I tried it out recently. Dun noe is it baby big
/heavy or I not used to it, juz dun feel comfortable or right when she's sleeping inside the sling. U guys hv any real pix of hw u use the sg50 sling? The sg50 wording is face in front right? When wash the sling, do I need to remove the buckle?

Don't worry, you are not alone. I believe many of us are in the same boat, just have to do what's best at that situation - as long baby doesn't starve. Let's jiayou tgt... I just bought fenugreek to try, hope it works cos some milk boosters I try didn't work for me.
@bbcripps my CL leaving this sunday too... Initially I tot CL is only for confinement period. Until my CL says that quite abit of pple actually booked them for up to three mths.

@ding2505 I feel you. My baby now eats and sleep under CL care. When it's my turn, i guess it will be the same as yours.

@krissyun My LC recommended this milk booster pills, its called "Motherlove more milk special blend", ingredients incl

- goat's rue herb
- fenugreek seed
- blessed thistle herb
- nettle herb
- fennel seed
- soy lecithin
- coconut oil

U can get it online at www.iherb.com or from their store Parentcraft at Tanglin Mall.

@Gwen Lin, if u have no time to go out to buy, u can also get coconut oil online at www.naturaworks.com

Last edited:
It is old grandma's myth

You can choose not to shave but have a symbolic cut .. Ie just cut abit of hair and put in red packet will do hehe

That is what I did for my gal cos her hair also not that much unlike gor gor plenty of hair so his was shaved botak lolz
Put in red packet? Keep it?

Mine also don't have...cl kept repeating saying I from got milk to.store.till.now less milk is my own problems.liao...I so angry so telling her off that just cook papaya soup don't have to.care i got milk or not or not fatty...saying cos I no drink kao kao soup due to bb jaudice therefore milk so watery...

Haha mine also but hub said in laws suggested to cut abit of her hair off...

i just cut abit of the bottom of my boy's hair (the part on the back of his neck) on his full month... like literally cut 3mm of his hair only cos i think its so cute when they have "long" hair like a sum seng kia :D but i forgot to keep, just wrapped it in tissue n threw it away, oops!

i just cut abit of the bottom of my boy's hair (the part on the back of his neck) on his full month... like literally cut 3mm of his hair only cos i think its so cute when they have "long" hair like a sum seng kia :D but i forgot to keep, just wrapped it in tissue n threw it away, oops!

Cut again, he won't know haha!
I also cut a teeny bit off, my hubby cut then we put in tissue and red packet like what my in laws wanted.

@krissyun My LC recommended this milk booster pills, its called "Motherlove more milk special blend", ingredients incl

- goat's rue herb
- fenugreek seed
- blessed thistle herb
- nettle herb
- fennel seed
- soy lecithin
- coconut oil

U can get it online at www.iherb.com or from their store Parentcraft at Tanglin Mall.

@Gwen Lin, if u have no time to go out to buy, u can also get coconut oil online at www.naturaworks.com

This is useful info, thanks!

Extra help is always good.

I didn't had much help during confinement. . My baby every since born. Longest feed is 2hr.. shortest 30 mins only... on full fm. 60 -120 ML each feed. Even at night also...

Very stress n lack of sleep. Sometimes I cannot take it n break down n cry. Or juz knock out n sleep few hrs...

Hope baby can sleep longer like 3hrs.. then I very happy liao... I wonder how long to the days that I dun need wake up for night feed... I miss those days!!!!!

Yah @xicloudix, I really salute you, you have 3 kids some more....plus you din get CL everything DIY, 好厉害!you getting part time helper right? Should get will help a lot I think at least you won't have to worry abt housework.

Jia you... I moved baby in to sleep w us 2 days before CL leaves so that he can get used to it, if not suddenly he change room and one main caregiver leaves think bb will not feel good, you can consider, it's training also..

Regarding bm, maybe salmon and Dha supplements?

Hahaha...but my girl hair very little...my sis last time bring to shop cut botak lor saying aft that hair can grow nicely...

Ello all!!! my LO just passed the 1 wk stage. so far things are good except her somewhat high bilirubin levels. not high enuff to warrant hospitalisation but enuff to make the PD want to treat it aggressively. sighhhhhh

Back