(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Went for my 38+1 wk appt today.. Was told that I am already 3cm dilated.. Was told to come back for admission on sat for surgical induction.. Any idea how long after induce will give birth??

All 3 are natural :)

#1 big baby.. so those small size mummies no need worried can't give birth to big baby. That time my weight only around 52-56kg pregnancy. . N during pregnancy around 62- 65kg. Height 154cm. .. big baby. 3.62kg....

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm below 145cm but bb probably approaching 3kg. Hope I stand a chance! Today my weight dropped 2kg from last week, from 54kg to 52kg.

Went for my 38+1 wk appt today.. Was told that I am already 3cm dilated.. Was told to come back for admission on sat for surgical induction.. Any idea how long after induce will give birth??
Depends cuz after induction still have to wait for dilation and contraction before you can deliver...

How's your pain level now at 3cm dilation? I had some contractions this morning but turns out my cervix is softened but not dilated yet. Is this your first child? For 1st child, I read the induction will take longer to take effect, possibly hours.

Oh Larissa, I was referring to the PD's fees, I know for sure he is on the list because there's 10% disc when I bring bb for follow up...

Dr Tham I know is not on the list.

Oops, hehe, my bad! Are all TMC PD's on the list for 10% disc., or just a selected few like for the gynaes?

the next day after birth if no complication and if there is ...that very moment bb is out u will know

congrats

same..we been through the same things or even more .

we simply got to fire the assigned pd cos he is not observant and we have to insist on doing certain test cos he still on wait and see attitude ... when report is out he "punched" us in the face with really bad news about my gal cos he jumped into conclusion some conditions and i cried the whole night that day . . i am those who hardly drop a tear but his diagnosis ..already condemned my gal and he referred us to nuh and told us no need to go back to him everything go nuh

..anyway the next day we went to my preferred pd aka my boy's PD to read the medical report and her explanation at least give us hope
and after all the tests my gal go through ..she was cleared of the crap PD's diagnosis ..this crap PD put us through so much pain
this last min assigned PD din give us any confident since the day my gal was born as well ..if not because it is emergency and my preferred PD can't come on time ( she was not on standby cos we wasnt expecting any complication but some how there are complication during the delivery ) he won't get a chance to get near my gal ..so i banned TMC 's PD big time !!!
Which pd was it ah? Convenient to say?

the next day after birth if no complication and if there is ...that very moment bb is out u will know

congrats

same..we been through the same things or even more .

we simply got to fire the assigned pd cos he is not observant and we have to insist on doing certain test cos he still on wait and see attitude ... when report is out he "punched" us in the face with really bad news about my gal cos he jumped into conclusion some conditions and i cried the whole night that day . . i am those who hardly drop a tear but his diagnosis ..already condemned my gal and he referred us to nuh and told us no need to go back to him everything go nuh

..anyway the next day we went to my preferred pd aka my boy's PD to read the medical report and her explanation at least give us hope
and after all the tests my gal go through ..she was cleared of the crap PD's diagnosis ..this crap PD put us through so much pain
this last min assigned PD din give us any confident since the day my gal was born as well ..if not because it is emergency and my preferred PD can't come on time ( she was not on standby cos we wasnt expecting any complication but some how there are complication during the delivery ) he won't get a chance to get near my gal ..so i banned TMC 's PD big time !!!
Which pd is this ah? Convenient to say?

How's your pain level now at 3cm dilation? I had some contractions this morning but turns out my cervix is softened but not dilated yet. Is this your first child? For 1st child, I read the induction will take longer to take effect, possibly hours.
So far pain is very mild.. This is my 1st child.. Doctor said my baby weight is between 2.7kg to 3kg.. Now I am getting nervous.. Hope everything works out well..

So far pain is very mild.. This is my 1st child.. Doctor said my baby weight is between 2.7kg to 3kg.. Now I am getting nervous.. Hope everything works out well..

Looking good that you've dilated 3cm with minimal pain! And bb is at a good weight too, probably not too big to give you a difficult labour. I remember collective wisdom being to relax, don't fight the pain, take deep breaths (slowly breathe in at count of 10 seconds, then slowly breath out at 10 counts), focus on where to push etc. In the worst case, there's always epidural to the rescue to reduce the pain - just make sure you're not dilated beyond 6cm or else it's too late to use epi. All the best! :)

Which pd was it ah? Convenient to say?
huh? better not this is public forum anyone also can see ...

my advice to mummies if the PD's advice dun make sense or you are in doubt of pd 's advice ..seek 2nd opinion ..dun blur blur follow the advice

ic ic.... I think I vaguely remember my dr commenting sth along the lines of my fluid levels are excellent so it means my control is still fairly ok (tho sometimes I am notti and there are also times when thigns go a bit haywire ... like it goes up to 7 plus after lunch, which is not entirely uncommon for me )

but heng ah today my readings seem to have normalized, morning reading b4 and after breakfast was ok
My reading these two days ok seem back to normal but don't expect sugar level went up from 30 to 37...just c gynae at 530pm immediately check in n when got contractions need to deliver...so now it will be tonight or tmr morning...really don't expect very sudden...but to us most importantly is bb n mummy is safe n sound...just had 1st lung jab at 630pm tmr morning 2nd jab to strengthen the lung...

My reading these two days ok seem back to normal but don't expect sugar level went up from 30 to 37...just c gynae at 530pm immediately check in n when got contractions need to deliver...so now it will be tonight or tmr morning...really don't expect very sudden...but to us most importantly is bb n mummy is safe n sound...just had 1st lung jab at 630pm tmr morning 2nd jab to strengthen the lung...
gd luck!! jiayou!!

Oh dear sounds bad.... We had the other PD on Level 6 - Dr Eugene Han and found him to be quite reassuring for us as 1st time parents. He took time to answer our questions in layman's terms and was v good with keeping us updated even after I hv discharged...

So mummies in TMC who don't hv any PD in mind can consider him. I let the delivery ward nurses to call the PD, only told them who I didn't want, so was happy with who they assigned.

Doctor's fee got 10% disc too right!! Hmm... Now I need to check if they gave me 10% disc...
I ask for Eugene Han before I gave birth as he used to be my elder son's pd at sbcc amk. He's under the fbi/sbi discount list. His waiting time is short too. A very friendly doc

Oops, hehe, my bad! Are all TMC PD's on the list for 10% disc., or just a selected few like for the gynaes?
If your doctor is part of the Thomson Pediatric Centre, then they will be under the FBI scheme... There are also other docs not part of TMC who also participating docs...

With FBI, you get 10% on outpatient services, 10% on inpatient services and 10% on clinic consultations. The inpatient services only applies to a select list of services, but not doctor's fees I think. A bit complicated, I also don't understand... Must read again when I am more awake and then check against the bill...

Jia you !

I had emergency c-sec as there is too regular contractions...from ard 1130pm n dilated 1cm pushing in to op room n cos must give birth b4 water burst...managed to deliver my girl @ 22/01 n 0021 @ 2.19kg
Thanks god bb n mummy is safe and sound
Congrats

Why must cut u open before water burst?

I ask for Eugene Han before I gave birth as he used to be my elder son's pd at sbcc amk. He's under the fbi/sbi discount list. His waiting time is short too. A very friendly doc
Dr Eugene no longer goes to SBCC? I heard Fro sil he is Gd too. I didnt knw he is at TMC. This round I op for Dr Ong E K Fro mt a to drop by. Used to b w Dr Ang A T Fro TMC for #1 but didn't fancy Her chop chop manner.

Congrats

Why must cut u open before water burst?
Cos sugar level in water too high last week 30 ytd 37...normally cannot more than 20...and bb head move up from below to to left side one leg below one leg straight...gynae said if water bag burst by itself will be too late to react so for bb safe must bring out b4 everyrhing happen...gynae c no right quickly ask for emergency c-sec
Everything very sudden but good thing is everything ok...let bb on fm cos scare bb dehydrated I too tired to try to DL n pd advise bb too small so need to feed bb fm to keep her full...

jia you ! excited for u

I'm shortlisted these 2 strollers frm the Babyworld Fair Starbuy, hubby will be going down on sat to take a look and I ask him to make the decision which one he wants after seeing n trying the real thing...

Any mummies tried the strollers before? image.jpg image.jpg

I had emergency c-sec as there is too regular contractions...from ard 1130pm n dilated 1cm pushing in to op room n cos must give birth b4 water burst...managed to deliver my girl @ 22/01 n 0021 @ 2.19kg
Thanks god bb n mummy is safe and sound

is ur baby ok?

Cos sugar level in water too high last week 30 ytd 37...normally cannot more than 20...and bb head move up from below to to left side one leg below one leg straight...gynae said if water bag burst by itself will be too late to react so for bb safe must bring out b4 everyrhing happen...gynae c no right quickly ask for emergency c-sec
Everything very sudden but good thing is everything ok...let bb on fm cos scare bb dehydrated I too tired to try to DL n pd advise bb too small so need to feed bb fm to keep her full...
Heng Arr heng ur gynae react fast too...

Congrats!!

Good thing everything is alright Nw. Congrats! Take care of urself Ya...

For me, I have to try n get out of bed to go toilet today.

Hi mummies
Just an update here as I've been MIA since being admitted to hospital when my waterbag burst. My boy was in NICU for 8 days so it was a v tiring and exhuasting time so no time or mood to check forum.
So much happened it was pretty traumatizing, after being admitted at night my gynae ordered antibiotics and lung jab for me, then to wait 24hrs to let the med work and see whether there are natural contractions. No contractions happened the second day. Third day early morning 6am she induced me w the insert to widen cervix and noon w the drip to induce contractions. But cervix refused to open even when contractions came. Actually the contractions were bearable not that painful can distract myself with deep breathing even when contractions hit the high on the machine, but the VE remains my nightmare. It feels like someone ramping their whole hand up your cervix and trying to invade you, it was so bloody and so painful I nearly black out on the laughing gas, cos my cervix was only 1cm dilated (and the 1cm is forcibly dilated by my gynae) at that time... Nurse advised me to take epi cos I cun tahan the VE and it's v hard for them to check, after feeling all the blood and mucus come out after they check I agreed to the epi. After that it was another long waiting game. The gynae had said that she will wait for natural if baby remain stable, but at night (this is the 3rd night in hospital) the baby heartbeat start to become erratic. So decision was made to e c-sect and everything happened v fast after that.
I was rather amazed that they could get all the pp to come at short notice inc the doc who gave me the epi (which was not painful btw) and the PD. But I was suffering from serious side effects of the epi and shivering uncontrollably even on the way to OT. On the operating theatre, they had to tilt me sideways and head down for the increased epi dosage to work as half my body was numb from being on my left side while waiting for contractions and half my body not numb. Think the doc had to increase dosage quite a bit cos I kept on feeling pain when they tested on me, but thank god I had a very experienced epi doc.
As I was shivering too much though I was trying to control it by breathing regularly, they had to put a gas mask on me to calm me down and I heard te doc say if it doesn't work they will have to GA me. Thankfully it worked and they proceeded w the ops.
When my son was out I was slightly blacked out alr and din really hear him cry, but according to everyone he cried really loudly. My husband could hear it outside the OT as well.
The PD showed him to me and I only had the chance to see him and kiss the top of his head before he was carried off to NICU for observation. He was supposed to be in there for 6 hrs only but 3hrs later his breathing became laboured because of immature lungs and they put him on antibiotics and the respirator.
I was put on a huge cocktail of medication through drip that knocked me out.
The next few days everyday was spent trying to pump out colostrum and milk for him so that the nurses can feed him in NICU when the PD approves. It was really an emotionally trying time and it hurts so much when I see him on the respirator when I visit him. After I was discharged I still visited him w my hubby to deliver milk to him tho I was doing confinement. Trying hard to express my milk was really the only thing I could do for him.
Thankfully he is out now and we are trying to take care of him at home. His breathing is still laboured and not like normal babies but PD says should get better in a couple of weeks.
Past few weeks have really felt like an eternity.

@ding2505 , hope your LO is getting better. thanks for sharing this touching story of yours. dunno why i feel emotional.. you are very brave mum! take good care of your confinement!

Hi mummies
Just an update here as I've been MIA since being admitted to hospital when my waterbag burst. My boy was in NICU for 8 days so it was a v tiring and exhuasting time so no time or mood to check forum.
So much happened it was pretty traumatizing, after being admitted at night my gynae ordered antibiotics and lung jab for me, then to wait 24hrs to let the med work and see whether there are natural contractions. No contractions happened the second day. Third day early morning 6am she induced me w the insert to widen cervix and noon w the drip to induce contractions. But cervix refused to open even when contractions came. Actually the contractions were bearable not that painful can distract myself with deep breathing even when contractions hit the high on the machine, but the VE remains my nightmare. It feels like someone ramping their whole hand up your cervix and trying to invade you, it was so bloody and so painful I nearly black out on the laughing gas, cos my cervix was only 1cm dilated (and the 1cm is forcibly dilated by my gynae) at that time... Nurse advised me to take epi cos I cun tahan the VE and it's v hard for them to check, after feeling all the blood and mucus come out after they check I agreed to the epi. After that it was another long waiting game. The gynae had said that she will wait for natural if baby remain stable, but at night (this is the 3rd night in hospital) the baby heartbeat start to become erratic. So decision was made to e c-sect and everything happened v fast after that.
I was rather amazed that they could get all the pp to come at short notice inc the doc who gave me the epi (which was not painful btw) and the PD. But I was suffering from serious side effects of the epi and shivering uncontrollably even on the way to OT. On the operating theatre, they had to tilt me sideways and head down for the increased epi dosage to work as half my body was numb from being on my left side while waiting for contractions and half my body not numb. Think the doc had to increase dosage quite a bit cos I kept on feeling pain when they tested on me, but thank god I had a very experienced epi doc.
As I was shivering too much though I was trying to control it by breathing regularly, they had to put a gas mask on me to calm me down and I heard te doc say if it doesn't work they will have to GA me. Thankfully it worked and they proceeded w the ops.
When my son was out I was slightly blacked out alr and din really hear him cry, but according to everyone he cried really loudly. My husband could hear it outside the OT as well.
The PD showed him to me and I only had the chance to see him and kiss the top of his head before he was carried off to NICU for observation. He was supposed to be in there for 6 hrs only but 3hrs later his breathing became laboured because of immature lungs and they put him on antibiotics and the respirator.
I was put on a huge cocktail of medication through drip that knocked me out.
The next few days everyday was spent trying to pump out colostrum and milk for him so that the nurses can feed him in NICU when the PD approves. It was really an emotionally trying time and it hurts so much when I see him on the respirator when I visit him. After I was discharged I still visited him w my hubby to deliver milk to him tho I was doing confinement. Trying hard to express my milk was really the only thing I could do for him.
Thankfully he is out now and we are trying to take care of him at home. His breathing is still laboured and not like normal babies but PD says should get better in a couple of weeks.
Past few weeks have really felt like an eternity.

hugs hugs...must be traumatic past weeks for you and family... keep the positive thots high!!!

Back