IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi paperclip, sorry but i nvr follow this trend for a long time so i dont know who is your doc.

I also going for my ivf in march hopefully there are slots open.. Went to see Dr Tan HH ytd and seems that the medication given is not responding on me so he push me to ivf.
Now is waiting for KKivf to call me to fix appts
Sorry wondersss is this letrozole u are talking about? Ive just been put on it cos dr tan said try to avoid ivf first. But if I dun react to it then no choice have to go for ivf. Dun mind I ask whether ur case is pcos too?

Me too.:)

Trying for 1st bb:
1.Connie_hopeful
2. Redvel
3. Star.star
4. Anamika87
5. Rachelt
6. Ashkea
7.michng
8. chunkles
9. Peaches21
10. baby_sparkles
11. mesara
12. pigletlyn
13. acadia
14. Meilingg
15. Hopful13
16. Jmec
17. littlejo
Yes yes still trying for my first, although doesn't belong to this thread now.

May good luck descends and your prayers be answered in 2015, to all the strong IVF-ers here.

And for my second cycle my doctor made me insert progynova also to boost the hormone levels. But only for few days. Tht was tiresome. Curz the pills are so tiny. Can get "lost" down there!! :oops:
Progynova also insert? Mine other than crinone, both utrogeston and progynova also oral

Hi sisters, can I check is it possible for fet to be a day2 transfer?
I just did transfer n was Informed it's a day2 transfer. But I'm just wondering say wed is my transfer n Tue the embyrologist took the embiees out to thaw, so shouldn't it be a 3d transfer since the transfer is done on wed n not tue?

I just did transfer n was Informed it's a day2 transfer. But I'm just wondering say wed is my transfer n Tue the embyrologist took the embiees out to thaw, so shouldn't it be a 3d transfer since the transfer is done on wed n not tue?

I just did an fet but it wasn't like this. I had 5 day blastocysts frozen and one was thawed only the morning of my transfer which was at 2pm. So I thought mine's called a '5 day fet'?

I am also curious about these terminology!

Yes rac_bow, I'm under Dr Steven Teo also. Recently just completed the embryo transfer and just waiting. I find him to be a serious kinda guy and looks competent. But there isn't any forum discussion on him though, so not sure also haha.. Hopefully good!

As long as comfortable with him then ok le. :)
All the best to ur 2ww !

Hi, we are the same again. I asked them and they said it's about 2 and half day fet. Same situation as u. All the best! Today is out 6dp2.5dt in tww

Hi, we are the same again. I asked them and they said it's about 2 and half day fet. Same situation as u. All the best! Today is out 6dp2.5dt in tww
Hi can i ask u a stupid question. Nobody to ask except u as u are a guy. A healthy ejaculate is supposed to be sticky like glue or watery? I supposed yr sa is ok results type.

Sorry if i ask a blunt question here as i rrally dunno who to ask

I wanted to see of tcm does have a positive or negative results on hub after 6 mths of consumption

Last edited:
Hi can i ask u a stupid question. Nobody to ask except u as u are a guy. A healthy ejaculate is supposed to be sticky like glue or watery? I supposed yr sa is ok results type.

Sorry if i ask a blunt question here as i rrally dunno who to ask
Stickier is better. Color should be grey white and not green or yellow. Watery means cleared too much or too recent. Hope this helps

Hi all,
I want to ask those who do ER, how u feel? I just did yest, dig 6 eggs. but today still feel tummy bloating. Even when eating, my tummy churning leh. Pls advise!

P/s: sorry I dun knw how to start a new post,so had to use pple post to ask. Paisay!
Hi Laoshi, how was the ER process? Is it scary? What preparation is needed before ER? I will have mine maybe in a week or so..very gan jiong.
Paiseh... so many questions..:p

Rev
Yes yes still trying for my first, although doesn't belong to this thread now.

May good luck descends and your prayers be answered in 2015, to all the strong IVF-ers here.

Redvel, I've learnt a lot from yr posts when i first joined this thread. Really appreciate it.

I hope that you have your wishes fulfilled in 2015 too!

But if sticky until clumpy also wrong rite?or its normal?
Clumpy is not that good. Drink more water and clear more often. If hold too long it's possible to be clumpy which is not that ideal for ttc. If always clumpy even clearing often then I think better seek urologist opinion

Hey!Hey! I'm cycling buddy with your wife again. Ya.then sounds like it's 2.5day fet for me as well. So I'm 1dp2.5dt today.
All the best too! Hope we both can bfp this time!! :)

Hey!Hey! I'm cycling buddy with your wife again. Ya.then sounds like it's 2.5day fet for me as well. So I'm 1dp2.5dt today.
All the best too! Hope we both can bfp this time!! :)
All the best to you too. A thing to share with everyone, this time I requested dr Steven to do a progesterone check and requested to change to crinone instead of inserts since maybe she is not absorbing that well. Apparently he didn't even know kkh had crinone so after the results came back he changed us to crinone and will be doing another progesterone test this Friday to see how's the absorption rate. Many places stated that low progesterone can impede implantation so we are not taking any chances this time. Also we went for acupuncture for three days after et. At least we won't regret not doing anything even if bfn

All the best to you too. A thing to share with everyone, this time I requested dr Steven to do a progesterone check and requested to change to crinone instead of inserts since maybe she is not absorbing that well. Apparently he didn't even know kkh had crinone so after the results came back he changed us to crinone and will be doing another progesterone test this Friday to see how's the absorption rate. Many places stated that low progesterone can impede implantation so we are not taking any chances this time. Also we went for acupuncture for three days after et. At least we won't regret not doing anything even if bfn
Progesterone check can b requested in Kkh? Is Crinone better? Juz wondering

I insisted and paid myself $40 per test. Crinone is messy but heard absorption is better since sometimes your finger can't push in that deep. But then again tmr next progesterone check will show if it's better than the inserts. Dr Steven has said that increase in prog support doesn't increase chance of pregnancy but he agrees when I contradict that even though it doesn't increase chance but low progesterone has been shown to "impede" pregnancy so I rather be on the safe side. After going through ivf , what is another few more blood test to ensure we cover all bases.

I use crinone this round and did not keep in fridge at all. just leave it at home only or keep my work bag. I like it as its easier to use. less messy. I did not request. my doc give me this prescription after et.

Mine were always day 2, fresh n FET.

Embryo quality more impt than anything. If embryo don't grow n implant no matter how much Progestrone also no use. I do understand that we feel better having all our bases covered. So if u think is good just go for it.

Hi Laoshi, how was the ER process? Is it scary? What preparation is needed before ER? I will have mine maybe in a week or so..very gan jiong.

ER process is not scary. Anesthetic dr will brief U and inject anesthetic into your hand. You will be sleeping and when u wake up everything is done. U will be given milo n biscuit depending on your clinic. First two days will slight cramp.

I insisted and paid myself $40 per test. Crinone is messy but heard absorption is better since sometimes your finger can't push in that deep. But then again tmr next progesterone check will show if it's better than the inserts. Dr Steven has said that increase in prog support doesn't increase chance of pregnancy but he agrees when I contradict that even though it doesn't increase chance but low progesterone has been shown to "impede" pregnancy so I rather be on the safe side. After going through ivf , what is another few more blood test to ensure we cover all bases.
Yup same tots..rather hv extra than less..my other rounds only 3x 100mg inserts a day..cos there are ladies who hv naturally low progesterone levels in body. this time i was given by different doc/hospital -- 300mg morning utrogestan+1crinone pm+300mg utrogestan night..and even after 2ww when doc decreased my levels, i still took some extra in case

Hi idazahs, ur ivf is done via a private centre? Did u initially try with public hospital?

I went straight to private. In between I was with Kkh & was told only to monitor my menses & number of times I tried in a month. And given a lot of folic acid. I didn't like the slow process so I went back to private.

Actually i personally prefer crinone as it is not oil based like utrogestan. I find that when melted, utrogestan leaves oil stains on undies and pte parts..kinda difficult to wash..hv to wash few times

I also did acupuncture this time round.hope it can help
Which tcm ur wife went to?

I went straight to private. In between I was with Kkh & was told only to monitor my menses & number of times I tried in a month. And given a lot of folic acid. I didn't like the slow process so I went back to private.
How much did you spend for a fresh cycle and fet at sincere?

hi all.
curious to know what support meds are ppl put on after a frozen transfer?
wondering if crinone once a day is enuff..

Hi, how many scans do we need to go before ER at kkh? I went for scan on day 3 and the next scan is day 10.

Last edited:
How much did you spend for a fresh cycle and fet at sincere?

I only did FET as my doctor's style is FET (according to the embryologist at Sincere). Majority of his patients he does FET so as to avoid OHSS.

I spent about $13k in total for ER, storage of embryos & FET for my first cycle at the ivf centre. This is without including the cost at the doctor's clinic for scans, procedures & medication.

Hi, how many scans do we need to go before ER at kkh? I went for scan on day 3 and the next scan is day 10.
Hi bbpony, same here. I went for scan on day 3 and next one is day 10 as well. When will be your next scan? Mine is coming Monday.

Hi moinie,
I feel abit scare n nervous n excited. First time in operation room. But as I'm super short sighted, I can't see anything, including the anesthetist. Knock off within seconds. But overall ok, no need to prepare, just go. It the pain n bloating that I din expect. It's v bloated for me. Can't even walk straight. Maybe u will feel ok. Good luck in advance.

Back