IVF/ICSI Support Group

All e best! How many days of simulation injection are u on before e trigger jab?

Normally how many days of injection is needed for short protocol? Today is day 5 of injections (CD 8) for me and I've got quite a lot of CM since last night. It feels like ovulation is near..:eek:

Hi all, just asking on the fresh embryo, I got 6 egg dig out, 2 embryo transfer today. No egg to froze. doc say quality just avg. so it is ok? Why I do read online pple know the grade of egg, but they did not mention anything to me?

Normally how many days of injection is needed for short protocol? Today is day 5 of injections (CD 8) for me and I've got quite a lot of CM since last night. It feels like ovulation is near..:eek:
The cm is normal,not to worry. The doc will prescribed another jab to surpress ovalution at 2nd half of injection stage

Hi all, just asking on the fresh embryo, I got 6 egg dig out, 2 embryo transfer today. No egg to froze. doc say quality just avg. so it is ok? Why I do read online pple know the grade of egg, but they did not mention anything to me?
Some sis here succeed with avg quality embryo. Dun worry so much abt e grading 1st. All e best!

Hi moinie,
I'm also on short protocol. I did stim on day 2 to day 10. The CM is normal. I also freak out, tho is ovulatn. But read online is just the effect of the stim. Then trigger on day 11. It depends on the egg size,then they decide on to add more stim or not.

can i noe if my first appt is on 13may, roughly when they will ask me go down again?
Hihi,dr maathew lau for me,he will ask me take blood test such as test amh, full blood count and ultrasound scan(sis scan to do after menses finish). Hubby sa test if he not done any. Think its 2 to 4 weeks see him 2nd time to review results

There should be a grading for your embryos but grading do not mean anything. Some have good grade but fail to implant some have lousy grading but BFP. Cos grading is just base on outlook. outlook can be beautiful but inside rotten so don't worry too much.

can i noe if my first appt is on 13may, roughly when they will ask me go down again?
Hihi,dr maathew lau for me,he will ask me take blood test such as test amh, full blood count and ultrasound scan(sis scan to do after menses finish). Hubby sa test if he not done any. Think its 2 to 4 weeks see him 2nd time to review results

You can go request for the sa and the embryo report. Then ask them for the grade

I went straight to private. In between I was with Kkh & was told only to monitor my menses & number of times I tried in a month. And given a lot of folic acid. I didn't like the slow process so I went back to private.
So idazahs,
Care to share ur bt results with us?

connie hopeful, thanks for ur reply... cos i need to plan my a/l... if not my less than 24hrs i apply leave consider urgent leave

connie hopeful, thanks for ur reply... cos i need to plan my a/l... if not my less than 24hrs i apply leave consider urgent leave
Hi there, u can ask doc for mc on e day of visit. Mc will not write anythg ivf. They just put on general department of rm. I always ask for mc cos its difficult to plan leave as u dunno wat day kkh will allocate you for next appt. Hope this helps :)

If you are doing short cycle like me, then most likely your ER is day 14-16.

I am on short protocol too. Do we need to take any blood tests before ER? I have not taken any blood tests since day 3.

What medications did dr prescribe for you this time around?

Last edited:
Hi there, u can ask doc for mc on e day of visit. Mc will not write anythg ivf. They just put on general department of rm. I always ask for mc cos its difficult to plan leave as u dunno wat day kkh will allocate you for next appt. Hope this helps :)

my hod will scold lei.. if we always mc... =(

So idazahs,
Care to share ur bt results with us?

It's a BFP :)
But right now I'm a bit stressed & worried because I've been cramping a lot since yesterday so trying to take it slow till my next BT next week. The waiting is agonizing & I feel like gahhh....I rather do my ultra sound asap so I can be assured im not dreaming.

After 4.5 years of trying.....I feel like I'm still dreaming because I've never ever had a BFP before

But right now I'm a bit stressed & worried because I've been cramping a lot since yesterday so trying to take it slow till my next BT next week. The waiting is agonizing & I feel like gahhh....I rather do my ultra sound asap so I can be assured im not dreaming.

After 4.5 years of trying.....I feel like I'm still dreaming because I've never ever had a BFP before

congrats!!! so happy for u... :)

Congrats! U not go see doc n do bloodtest yet? Wat did doc says?

Congrats!!

I've done my first BT yesterday. Tht was at the end of 2ww. It's a BFP. But I've to go for second blood test next week. My Doctor always tests 2 times within one week, to see level of Hcg. Den only at 6-7 weeks he'll schedule u/s.

I've done my first BT yesterday. Tht was at the end of 2ww. It's a BFP. But I've to go for second blood test next week. My Doctor always tests 2 times within one week, to see level of Hcg. Den only at 6-7 weeks he'll schedule u/s.
Congratulations!! Is it ok to share your beta level at the first blood test and what dp dt are u at the beta?

Congrats..

I am on short protocol too. Do we need to take any blood tests before ER? I have not taken any blood tests since day 3.

What medications did dr prescribe for you this time around?

Yes need to do blood test in the morning then trigger at night two days before ER.

Congrat!!! :)

Sorry wondersss is this letrozole u are talking about? Ive just been put on it cos dr tan said try to avoid ivf first. But if I dun react to it then no choice have to go for ivf. Dun mind I ask whether ur case is pcos too?

Hi mqiu, nothing to be sorry about! We are here to share and learn.
My case is irregular menses and im not O-ing. Dr Tan also say my ovary abit small therefore cant yield too much eggs.

When will you be told that its over? Im on D8 scan, only my right side yield a 12, 11, 10 and some 8. the left side all below 10 (in the range of 8s)
If too little follicles will they still ask you to go for ET? Also on the day of ET they issue MC or HL?
Cos i cant get my no pay leave, informed me to exhaust my MC but we have so little mc to play with annually :(

It's impt to see doubling or tripling of hcg in a span of every two days.
Gd to see increasing hcg n heartbeat usually detected from 6 weeks on.
What's ur first hcg level?

Hi all .. my discharge is abit brownish ... im 13dpiui ..is spotting normal or this seemed like the start of AF?? -,- I have nv spot post iui until just now. But when I wiped again it was cleared

Congrats idazahs!

congrats idazahs!

I am now officially in tww! Thank God manage to transfer 2 embryos today. Original ET yesterday was postpone till today as they manage to mature 2 of my immature eggs and fertilise them. Today 1 of them according to Dr Tan looks good plus the other embryo that was fertilised earlier also looks good.
Now I just hope these 2 beanies hang on tight as well.

But my lining as per the last scan before ER was only 6 plus. Dr Tan prescribe progynova to me on top of the utrogestan. I ask Dr Tan is my lining bad, he said its ok as he had pregnant patients with lining of 5 & 6. Below 5 he will not transfer.

Just want to ask from the time we jab hcg and wait for ER, does the lining continue to grow?

I must also comment Dr Tan for his reassurance. He took time out yesterday to explain why he postpone the ET and was encouraging me and hubby. He made things very clear and explain in layman terms. Very high EQ as he at same time comfort me yet is able to explain y things are done certain way in kk or even in ivf procedure. Did not regret changing doc to him.

When will you be told that its over? Im on D8 scan, only my right side yield a 12, 11, 10 and some 8. the left side all below 10 (in the range of 8s)
If too little follicles will they still ask you to go for ET? Also on the day of ET they issue MC or HL?
Cos i cant get my no pay leave, informed me to exhaust my MC but we have so little mc to play with annually :(

Why over-worry & scare yourself that your cycle will be cancelled. You have a good number of eggs! And at d8 they r growing pretty ok. Why did you even think you hv too few follicles? Dont be pessimistic. In IVF, we must be super positive and believe until the doctor says game over. Few quantity is when they see total 2 to 3 eggs (both left and right). You definitely sound ok to me.

Most clinics/hosp will offer HL after ET for abt 2weeks (usually till beta BT date) unless you specifically ask for MC & discuss w them.

Stay positive, ok? :)

congrats idazahs!

I am now officially in tww! Thank God manage to transfer 2 embryos today. Original ET yesterday was postpone till today as they manage to mature 2 of my immature eggs and fertilise them. Today 1 of them according to Dr Tan looks good plus the other embryo that was fertilised earlier also looks good.

But my lining as per the last scan before ER was only 6 plus. Dr Tan prescribe progynova to me on top of the utrogestan. I ask Dr Tan is my lining bad, he said its ok as he had pregnant patients with lining of 5 & 6. Below 5 he will not transfer.

Just want to ask from the time we jab hcg and wait for ER, does the lining continue to grow?

I must also comment Dr Tan for his reassurance. He took time out yesterday to explain why he postpone the ET and was encouraging me and hubby. He made things very clear and explain in layman terms. Very high EQ as he at same time comfort me yet is able to explain y things are done certain way in kk or even in ivf procedure. Did not regret changing doc to him.
That's great! All the best to u! :)

Why over-worry & scare yourself that your cycle will be cancelled. You have a good number of eggs! And at d8 they r growing pretty ok. Why did you even think you hv too few follicles? Dont be pessimistic. In IVF, we must be super positive and believe until the doctor says game over. Few quantity is when they see total 2 to 3 eggs (both left and right). You definitely sound ok to me.

Most clinics/hosp will offer HL after ET for abt 2weeks (usually till beta BT date) unless you specifically ask for MC & discuss w them.

Stay positive, ok? :)

thanks for the support!! I think i too much hormone in my body, become pessimistic and get emo very easily....and always think usually on the negative side
but now i feel so much better with your assurance :)

Hi all,
Wish to check with u ladies normally how long for our cycles to get back to normal aft failed ivf? This my 2nd month but menses is long overdue for 4 days. Last month was 1 week later.

Hi mqiu, nothing to be sorry about! We are here to share and learn.
My case is irregular menses and im not O-ing. Dr Tan also say my ovary abit small therefore cant yield too much eggs.
Okok thx! I got pcos so my prob is many many eggs but all lau ya quality sigh. Im currently on letrozole to see if I respond to it. Waiting for menses to start after 5 months of waiting in vain zzzz

congrats idazahs!

Very happy for you!!! :)

It's impt to see doubling or tripling of hcg in a span of every two days.
Gd to see increasing hcg n heartbeat usually detected from 6 weeks on.
What's ur first hcg level?
Funny thing about my previous ivf doc..his clinic nv do blood test for pregnancy just 1 urine test. Also he allow me to come for scan every week until 12 weeks before I had to.revert to my gynae. Wonder if different in kkh?

Hi all,
Wish to check with u ladies normally how long for our cycles to get back to normal aft failed ivf? This my 2nd month but menses is long overdue for 4 days. Last month was 1 week later.
Hi, my menses reported after 2 months after the failed IVF....I have PCOS..so irregular menses is quite normal but that was too long..

Congrats idazahs,

Happy for the gals here that get BFP. Dunno why I dun feel as happy when my outside friends got pregnant. :p

Congrats!!!!

Back