11. mesara
12. pigletlyn
13. acadia
14. Meilingg
15. Hopful13
16. Jmec
17. littlejo
18. Humbaobao

In my 2ww too...time is passing really slowly! I was a bit worried because on the day of ET, I went down for acupuncture after that then popped by to see Mdm Tan for healing before coming home to rest. But I've been resting since. Dr Sadhana gave me off till next week but I may go back into work next week as there's quite a lot to do. For those of you who go back to work after FET, how to you insert the progesterone tablets at work? KK told me to remain lying for at least half an hour and there's nowhere to lie!

Anyone here going through an FET with a toddler at home? My first boy was IVF too and this is our second attempt. However, its been tough not being able to carry him as he's really sticky. Just keeping fingers crossed...

So nervous!!! First visit and dunno what hes gonna say. Hopefully hes not too busy to answer my many questions...and hope kkh has slots for may or june...

I couldn't sleep last night. Been thinking which gynae should I go for IUI first. Though I have made an appointment with my female gynae, but I couldn't find anything related to fertility treatment with her. Instead, while I couldn't sleep, I found Dr Henry Cheng in the wee hours. His clinic is near to my house. The earliest appointment date I could get was mid February, whereas I am seeing my gynae next week.

I couldn't sleep last night. Been thinking which gynae should I go for IUI first. Though I have made an appointment with my female gynae, but I couldn't find anything related to fertility treatment with her. Instead, while I couldn't sleep, I found Dr Henry Cheng in the wee hours. His clinic is near to my house. The earliest appointment date I could get was mid February, whereas I am seeing my gynae next week.
Hi paperclip,in my humble opinion,i think u maybi should try iui first since doc found no issue with u and hubby. Ivf is invasive. Its best if u can skip it of e needles and procedure. For some of us,its a no choice so we have to go through this route to conceive. As its either male issue or female issue n ivf/icsi is e only way to have a bb as wat doc says.

If u want to do iui do it with a fertility dr and not normal gynae.

Hi paper clip,
I've done 2 so iui with SF Loh at TMC. His clinic very very crowded. He is recommended by dr sahdanna. However I did not conceived under him. U can try him. But beware he abit eccentric. He will scold his patient,he call me "siao". Wahaha. The cost around $1500 for my 1 soiui. However price varies. Can try if u n hubby condition ok. Dr loh as me do ivf cod my hubby army cannot make it. Good luck!

Thanks dears. Actually, I am very scared too. I know it's not easy to first strike, but somehow or another, the urge of feeling to find the first doctor and hoping to first strike are there.

I did not have my medical report from the KKH with me. If I go to private clinic to explain the results I got my KKH, will the private clinic believe me or will they ask me to do the pre-tests again?

Thanks dears. Actually, I am very scared too. I know it's not easy to first strike, but somehow or another, the urge of feeling to find the first doctor and hoping to first strike are there.

I did not have my medical report from the KKH with me. If I go to private clinic to explain the results I got my KKH, will the private clinic believe me or will they ask me to do the pre-tests again?

I dunno which dept u went to in kkh. But u can try seek help from Queenie (kkivf centre) or kakak Rohana from clinic d ( senior nurse), explain u want photocopies of results n they should b able to help u.

N no they only go with hard copy results which will give them full pic of your situation. @paperclip

I think if your medical reports are recently ones, it should be ok.

Hi paper clip,
I think, If possible try to have all the test results ready, so the doc u seeing will know where to go. If not, doc will request all sort of tests again before u start any treatment, n end up waste time n money.

Hi all,
I want to ask those who do ER, how u feel? I just did yest, dig 6 eggs. but today still feel tummy bloating. Even when eating, my tummy churning leh. Pls advise!

P/s: sorry I dun knw how to start a new post,so had to use pple post to ask. Paisay!

Hi paper clip,
I've done 2 so iui with SF Loh at TMC. His clinic very very crowded. He is recommended by dr sahdanna. However I did not conceived under him. U can try him. But beware he abit eccentric. He will scold his patient,he call me "siao". Wahaha. The cost around $1500 for my 1 soiui. However price varies. Can try if u n hubby condition ok. Dr loh as me do ivf cod my hubby army cannot make it. Good luck!

have been a silent reader to this thread.
i was a patient under Dr Loh's care.
surprised that he will scold people haha.
but i guess maybe after years in this practice has gotten him a bit impatient.
no surprise doing the same things everyday :p

forgive me if i may seem biased.
also sorry if this question has been asked before:
is there possibility of gender selection in ivf singapore?

I saw somewhere that patients are not allowed to do other treatments outside KKH if que-ing for IVF treatment. If I ask for my medical report, and they ask me why I need the report, how should I explain?

I saw somewhere that patients are not allowed to do other treatments outside KKH if que-ing for IVF treatment. If I ask for my medical report, and they ask me why I need the report, how should I explain?

Hi paperclip,
The hospital will not ask why you need the report. You have the right to have a copy of your own report.
So don't worry and just ask for it. It is also good for you to keep for your own reference.

Are u aware that we are entitled to hv copies of test results as we paid for it.
No need to explain, just say for ur own record. They will need time to pull out ur case notes though.

have been a silent reader to this thread.
i was a patient under Dr Loh's care.
surprised that he will scold people haha.
but i guess maybe after years in this practice has gotten him a bit impatient.
no surprise doing the same things everyday :p
forgive me if i may seem biased.
also sorry if this question has been asked before:
is there possibility of gender selection in ivf singapore?

In Asia, only Thailand does gender selection which is a test called array cgh that also screens for chromosome abnormality.

I don't think thats the case. I booked both private and public ivf before at the same time cos still deciding at that time. Dun need to explain, you have a right to ur own data. If they ask u maybe just say you dont feel.comfortable saying. Or say what I did that im weighing my options

The KKH Medical Report Department line is engaged despite several times. Worse than KKIVF hotline. This one never rings. Immediately drop call.

I just need to get the lab test results will do right?
Hi paperclip. For me since im switching from private to public hosp I took my previous ivf records like how much meds I was injecting, hormone blood test diagnosing me with high fsh and hubby sperm analysis test. Didnt bother with the blood tests they make u do 1 month before ivf cos its only valid for 6 months. Hope this helps!

Dr Chieng is good. Not sure abt this new ivf centre but I know currently I'm doing my ivf with his clinic & he is thorough with scans, procedures & if need be (to calm the patient) he himself will do the jab. He did it for me because I had experienced some issues when I had to do my own first few jabs.
Wow! So nice of him. I think other than doc, I feel lab very very important

Hi paperclip. For me since im switching from private to public hosp I took my previous ivf records like how much meds I was injecting, hormone blood test diagnosing me with high fsh and hubby sperm analysis test. Didnt bother with the blood tests they make u do 1 month before ivf cos its only valid for 6 months. Hope this helps!
Thanks e blood test results too if its within 6 mths so that u no need to redraw blood again n save some money :)

I printed the consent form and completed the blanks. Asking my husband to submit the form at KKH. They don't allow phone call/email/online. Their online submission is not ready. So troublesome.

I actually called KK pharmacy. They said fridge isn't necessary but cool dark place is enough. btw those who are working, how do you put in your progesterone in the daytime? Thanks!
Personally I find sg is very warm and humid so in my thinking 'cool/dark place' doesn't really apply..at least my mum's place here there is no aircon all over in hse..so I opt to put in fridge. But if some ladies working in office cold area maybe feasible .. by the way the leaflet stated 'do not store above 30degC' ...But up to individual lah choice is urs u pay for ur own expensive ivf drugs and if didn't keep it well and in event it goes spoiled cos of improper storage and affect the cycle ..I think not worth it loh..but that's just me:p oh as for utrogestan there is no special storage instructions in leaflet so I just put in the cupboard in room

paperclip, u can get the results from your doc when u see him. He will print for u straight ahead.

I missed the chance when I last visited the doctor last Monday. The doctor chased me out after talking to us for 5 mins and the nurse also, I went back to ask her for the IVF registration form, she said don't need. She's lazy to print the form for me, let alone photocopy the documents for me.

I actually called KK pharmacy. They said fridge isn't necessary but cool dark place is enough. btw those who are working, how do you put in your progesterone in the daytime? Thanks!

I bring two capsules with me to toilet & insert it. My office toilet has sink inside cubicle so I can wash hands & dry straight away. If I'm outside, I make sure I have lots of toilet paper or wet wipes ready to wipe my hands after inserting. In beginning I used to semi squat over toilet to insert den I got tired of tht so I just stand & squat slightly to insert.

My first cycle I used to lie down to insert. Second cycle too fed up so just stand & insert & go about normal life. I don't find it's necessary to lie down for prolonged time after inserting. It makes minimal difference. Just tht after inserting don't do strenuous activities. Because if it's meant to insert & lie down for some time im sure either the doctor or nurse would have told me. But they didn't.

And for my second cycle my doctor made me insert progynova also to boost the hormone levels. But only for few days. Tht was tiresome. Curz the pills are so tiny. Can get "lost" down there!! :oops:

I missed the chance when I last visited the doctor last Monday. The doctor chased me out after talking to us for 5 mins and the nurse also, I went back to ask her for the IVF registration form, she said don't need. She's lazy to print the form for me, let alone photocopy the documents for me.
Who is yr doc?

Hi paperclip, sorry but i nvr follow this trend for a long time so i dont know who is your doc.

I also going for my ivf in march hopefully there are slots open.. Went to see Dr Tan HH ytd and seems that the medication given is not responding on me so he push me to ivf.
Now is waiting for KKivf to call me to fix appts

Back