MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

Ladies, i found a yoga studio - Ziva Yoga at Tiong Bahru that has prenatal trial classes - 2 for $38 or 4 for $68. i read somewhere that they need 3 to start a class, so thinking if anyone wants to go together. i am due next month, so hope it is not too late to start..

ellesie / hopeful78,

yup 2010 mummy, had a girl who's turning 5 this year..... went for fet then 2013 gave birth to a boy... stopping at 2.... not going to try anymore... can't imagine myself with twins hehe... just happened to browse thru the threads and saw familiar nicks and u ladies having twins!! wow!! :)

ellesie, yes i'm on your fb.... real name sharon wong... our girls are the same age i think :)

hopeful78, hope you are feeling better now...

hopeful78.m hope u r much better now.

eskimobaby!! hihi! then u any embbies left?

I think another big problem is the car.. now we have a small 4 seater car... like this with twins n no 1, dont think 3 car seats can fit into the sedan car... but car is so expensive now. is it worthwhile to buy a seconded hand mpv thats left a few yrs..

eskimobaby, haha, so nice to see u here. Yes, our gal is the same age. I still remember I was very sad cos I failed tat cycle and a few of us who are cycling together bfp, but who knows in the end miracle do happen.
Mrs_tann, I also have been going to car showroom lately but still havent decided which car to buy as well. for myself, i dun really like second hand cars as I dun know wat is the history and how well maintained is the car. I am still looking for new car with our limited budget. my current car also only left 2 yrs so soon or later we still need to change for new one. The currently launch Honda Mobilio I think is good enough. Basic 7 seater car with reasonable pricing but the car will only be available by March or April. You may drop by the showroom for a view.

Yah, Those experienced moms who can latch very well probably find it a white elephant after while. For me it helped at the beginning but after a few weeks I also switch to exclusive pumping.
You plan to latch this time? I think it's more tough to latch both but exclusive pumping is very siong. Gotta pump every 2-3 hours, then feed baby, wash pump, wash bottles, sterilize... I wish to be able to latch for my 2nd one but with twins I'm not sure how.

Jojo, please share with us your experience on breast feeding along the way! Thanks a lot!!
Lolx! Once I give birth to my twinnies, nurses and LC came to teach me how to bf.. Plus I'm a first time mummy, don't even how to bf even 1 baby! >.<

Today is day 8, still dl and pumping the balance.. Had to top up with fm, cos they are now on demand feeding, difficult to catch up with their Appétite and a little jaundice..

Both my babies have different drinking pattern and timing.. So I will latch 1 by 1 and my hub or mil will feed them fm.. Be prepared that Nipples will be sore!! :( standby nipple cream!!

eskimobaby, haha, so nice to see u here. Yes, our gal is the same age. I still remember I was very sad cos I failed tat cycle and a few of us who are cycling together bfp, but who knows in the end miracle do happen.
Mrs_tann, I also have been going to car showroom lately but still havent decided which car to buy as well. for myself, i dun really like second hand cars as I dun know wat is the history and how well maintained is the car. I am still looking for new car with our limited budget. my current car also only left 2 yrs so soon or later we still need to change for new one. The currently launch Honda Mobilio I think is good enough. Basic 7 seater car with reasonable pricing but the car will only be available by March or April. You may drop by the showroom for a view.

how much is it? haiz... my budget v small only and they only allow 50% loan right... so cham... the cash upfront also quite an issue. my hubby say try those licensed money lender! what!

Lolx! Once I give birth to my twinnies, nurses and LC came to teach me how to bf.. Plus I'm a first time mummy, don't even how to bf even 1 baby! >.<

Today is day 8, still dl and pumping the balance.. Had to top up with fm, cos they are now on demand feeding, difficult to catch up with their Appétite and a little jaundice..

Both my babies have different drinking pattern and timing.. So I will latch 1 by 1 and my hub or mil will feed them fm.. Be prepared that Nipples will be sore!! :( standby nipple cream!!

I was told the body is v smart. they know u hv twins and will supply enough for twins in case we are worried how can our milk be enough to feed 2 babies..

For those who plan to breastfeed, do not be too stressed if you can't total breast feed. I've a friend who managed to bf her no.1 till 3 years old but couldn't do it for twins and got so depressed. So mommies, just try your best!! :)

Jiayou!! Jiayou!!

how much is it? haiz... my budget v small only and they only allow 50% loan right... so cham... the cash upfront also quite an issue. my hubby say try those licensed money lender! what!
The price now is about 123k, tat's the cheapest 7 seater in the market currently. Ya, only 50% loan now. Aiyo, better dun get from those licensed moneylender la. I also headache. I even suggested to hubby maybe we just use the current sedan car. If whole family need to go out, maybe just book a cab or rent mpv for a day cos I forecast the first half year would be difficult for the whole family to go out.

For those who plan to breastfeed, do not be too stressed if you can't total breast feed. I've a friend who managed to bf her no.1 till 3 years old but couldn't do it for twins and got so depressed. So mommies, just try your best!! :)
Ya, i prepared myself not to be depressed cos happy mommy happy babies. That's always my principle when i bf. Even for my no #1, though manage to bf for 23 months but it's really lots of ups and down especially the initial stage when the supply is really low even after taking meds from doctor and power pumping. My fren told me, dun be stressful. A happy mommy produce happy milk for happy baby. Onwards, I tell myself dun force myself to bf. If fm is needed, just give in. We also product of fm and we are doing well. Jiayou , mommies!

must be tough on you but jiayou. I read from the book, we can adjust their timing and pattern? not sure how true it is. It says if one bb want to feed but the other din want, just bring the bb together and feed both. To get them used to the routine and only after few months old bigger, they will have their own pattern and timing. But this is all from book, dunno how true it is in real life. So still have to learn from you, which has life experience. hahaha. Do you get any breastfeeding pillow to assist u?

Mrs Tann,

no more embies le.... tried 3 fets before i conceive no. 2... thaw last 3 and left 2 usable... put 2 and was lucky to conceive my boy... so no more storage issues :)

The price now is about 123k, tat's the cheapest 7 seater in the market currently. Ya, only 50% loan now. Aiyo, better dun get from those licensed moneylender la. I also headache. I even suggested to hubby maybe we just use the current sedan car. If whole family need to go out, maybe just book a cab or rent mpv for a day cos I forecast the first half year would be difficult for the whole family to go out.

I have a friend who survived with normal 5 seater sedan car for the first year. She placed her eldest child in the front passenger seat. 2 child seats at the back for the twins. And she squeeze in between. Definitely squeezy but she survived thru and in the 2nd year she swap to a bigger second hand car .

For myself I bought a second hand 7seater Estima car at 88k. Coz upfront payment is too high nowadays , can't afford a brand new car. Need to save your money for other stuffs afterall car is a depreciating item. I chose a 7 seater with a aisle walkway at the second row , to allow easier access to the 3rd row. Plan to place the 2 child seats at the second row for my twins, and my eldest child will use a booster child seat at the last row. So there's still enough space for myself and 2 other adults maybe helper or parents apart from the driver I.e. My husband.

Shall we open a fb group for mummies expecting twins ? Think will be easier to share stuffs there if interested pls drop ur email.. once I gather a few I will start the group..
and your would like the group to just concentrate on 2015 twins ? Or singapore twins ??

I support the idea! Include me in too. I would think fb grp for sg twins?so that the experienced mum can share their tips raising twins with 2015 mums..

Hi all twins mummies and daddies,

I had just gave birth to my twinnies last night. Had csect with epidural, whole procedure took ard 30mins, super fast. All went smoothly and babies are healthy with good weight. :D can't stop crying when I saw my darlings. LOL!
Babies weight 2.6kg and 2.88kg. Week 36+3. Managed to breastfeed the babies after they are cleaned up. Now hope babies carry on to be good so they can discharge with me..

Congrats jo! Both your babies r of good weight! Enjoy the babies newborn days. I bet must b very tiring to juggle 2.

I have a friend who survived with normal 5 seater sedan car for the first year. She placed her eldest child in the front passenger seat. 2 child seats at the back for the twins. And she squeeze in between. Definitely squeezy but she survived thru and in the 2nd year she swap to a bigger second hand car .

For myself I bought a second hand 7seater Estima car at 88k. Coz upfront payment is too high nowadays , can't afford a brand new car. Need to save your money for other stuffs afterall car is a depreciating item. I chose a 7 seater with a aisle walkway at the second row , to allow easier access to the 3rd row. Plan to place the 2 child seats at the second row for my twins, and my eldest child will use a booster child seat at the last row. So there's still enough space for myself and 2 other adults maybe helper or parents apart from the driver I.e. My husband.

Tks for yr sharing! Wow your friend thumbs up!!

doing research before going to the bb fair...

what type and brand of breast pump to get? pros and cons?

Im using medela pisa. Good suction and stimulate the let down as well. Works well for me. I also hv medela swing and nuk manual but both are passed down from my fren. Now got new brand spectrum, I heard its good.

Hi everyone

I am expecting twins now in my 34th week. Doc says need to deliver by elective caesarean. Anyone delivered twins naturally before? How was your experience? Did you have to do emergency c-section?

Hi mummies,

twins-pillow Green deluxe colour.jpg

I have a preloved My Brest Friend - Twin Plus Deluxe Nursing pillow for sale at $60. (retails $168 at mums & babes) This was a life saver and time saving tool for me when I was breastfeeding my twins as it allowed me to breast feed 2 babies simultaneously. Condition: 7/10, good condition as it was washed regularly. Helps to maintain good posture during nursing, preventing sore back and neck. Extra comfort & support for twins and bigger single babies. Baby soft material, easy to wash with removable cover.

Interested parties pls email me at [email protected]

must be tough on you but jiayou. I read from the book, we can adjust their timing and pattern? not sure how true it is. It says if one bb want to feed but the other din want, just bring the bb together and feed both. To get them used to the routine and only after few months old bigger, they will have their own pattern and timing. But this is all from book, dunno how true it is in real life. So still have to learn from you, which has life experience. hahaha. Do you get any breastfeeding pillow to assist u?
I had a maternity pillow which can b use as nursing pillow too.. Very much needed to have better sleep when tummy gets bigger n bigger!! Lol

Shall we open a fb group for mummies expecting twins ? Think will be easier to share stuffs there if interested pls drop ur email.. once I gather a few I will start the group..
and your would like the group to just concentrate on 2015 twins ? Or singapore twins ??
Lyin, I remember seeing a fb group for twins in sg motherhood forum, managed to join but 2 days later I cannot find the fb group.. Duno if they had kick me out or what.. >.<

Hi everyone,

I am 34 weeks pregnant with twins. I have been seeing gynae at raffles and KKH. But now I am going to change to another gynae. The raffles one was good but her charges for delivery are too high. She has set me up with a private suite gynae at KKH in case of pre-term delivery cos NICU costs at raffles would be too high. My appointments and scans alternate between raffles and KKH. The two doctors are good friends so they tie up to help me this way. I had two scares during this pregnancy. First was when I felt some dull pain in the abdomen at 29 weeks. The second was when I had some bleeding at 30 weeks. Both times I rushed to KKH O&amp;G. Was warded two days for the first one and 4 days for the second one. Given steroid as well in case of pre-term labour during the second one. But thankfully, babies were not ready to come out. Both times when warded, even though took A class, my KKH gynae didn't even come to see me. So I don't want to deliver at KKH. I went gynae shopping at other private hospitals in gleneagles and Thomson and have decided that I want the Thomson gynae to deliver. But I have asked her to deliver at mount e novena hospital cos I like the look and smell of the hospital. Have u ever been there? Feels like a hotel lobby rather than hospital lobby. So this gynae can deliver there. Now just counting down the days.

hi,@mumsies , wat will be the delivery charges in mt e novena? my gynae's clinic is there, so I contemplating to deliver there but heard the charges was quite high. will u go for csect or natural delivery?

Hi everyone,

I am 34 weeks pregnant with twins. I have been seeing gynae at raffles and KKH. But now I am going to change to another gynae. The raffles one was good but her charges for delivery are too high. She has set me up with a private suite gynae at KKH in case of pre-term delivery cos NICU costs at raffles would be too high. My appointments and scans alternate between raffles and KKH. The two doctors are good friends so they tie up to help me this way. I had two scares during this pregnancy. First was when I felt some dull pain in the abdomen at 29 weeks. The second was when I had some bleeding at 30 weeks. Both times I rushed to KKH O&amp;G. Was warded two days for the first one and 4 days for the second one. Given steroid as well in case of pre-term labour during the second one. But thankfully, babies were not ready to come out. Both times when warded, even though took A class, my KKH gynae didn't even come to see me. So I don't want to deliver at KKH. I went gynae shopping at other private hospitals in gleneagles and Thomson and have decided that I want the Thomson gynae to deliver. But I have asked her to deliver at mount e novena hospital cos I like the look and smell of the hospital. Have u ever been there? Feels like a hotel lobby rather than hospital lobby. So this gynae can deliver there. Now just counting down the days.

so excited for you! counting down soon :) can share next time after you give birth on the experiences there at mt e..service/food/breastfeeding etc

twin mummies..

hv you all thought of a bb sling/carrier? i want to carry bbs at same time but not sure how to do esp got 2..cannot be one in front one at back when bbs are smaller?

chrisl, u mean when going out? i will put one in carrier and another in the stroller if I'm going out by myself. I've seen those twin carrier but seems more suitable when they are bigger. There are those they can be carried side by side.

chrisl, u mean when going out? i will put one in carrier and another in the stroller if I'm going out by myself. I've seen those twin carrier but seems more suitable when they are bigger. There are those they can be carried side by side.

wah pei fu! if me im afraid I cant manage 2 by myself... cos still got diaper bag, stroller, n if u go out by myself I suppose I need to take cab. need to fold the stroller.. then where got hand to carry the other baby? some taxi driver will remain seated... unless i drive then maybe do able... but if both cry together..

hahaa, mrs_tann, tat's my ideal thought mah. In reality I dun know yet but quite unlikely to travel alone with 2 bbs cos I got helper as well. If i have to go out alone by myself, I dun think will take cab, will definitely drive. It will be more convenient.

hmm not really going out..cos if going out my hb sure going along cos he is the offical driver and personal PA lololol but say at home but want to do things if both wants to carry then how jialat

hmm, during my no 1, i din really carry much as i dun want to make it a habit. normally when she cries, i will try to talk to her, check on her, singing to her but seldom carry.but maybe bcoz she's an easy bb as well, so not much crankiness from her also. i trained her to sleep thru when 6 weeks old. sleeping time just put her in the cot, tell her it's night time and leave the room. She did cry for few times but I just quietly check on her without saying anything. But she's really an easy bb and only now she started to drive me to the wall.. LOL. Hope the twins will be another easy bbs as well. I find talking to bb while in tummy is very beneficial, just like my no 1. she recognised my voice once she's out. so whenever she cries, when i talk to her, she will feel calm and it goes on till now. Whenever she has nightmare ( as she shares room with me) and shout in her dream, I only talk to her from my bed, she will stop and continue her sleep.
But with the twins, I feel I am very lazy. hahaha. I ask my gal to talk and sing to them instead. i think next time they will listen to jie jie more than mommy.

hmm, during my no 1, i din really carry much as i dun want to make it a habit. normally when she cries, i will try to talk to her, check on her, singing to her but seldom carry.but maybe bcoz she's an easy bb as well, so not much crankiness from her also. i trained her to sleep thru when 6 weeks old. sleeping time just put her in the cot, tell her it's night time and leave the room. She did cry for few times but I just quietly check on her without saying anything. But she's really an easy bb and only now she started to drive me to the wall.. LOL. Hope the twins will be another easy bbs as well. I find talking to bb while in tummy is very beneficial, just like my no 1. she recognised my voice once she's out. so whenever she cries, when i talk to her, she will feel calm and it goes on till now. Whenever she has nightmare ( as she shares room with me) and shout in her dream, I only talk to her from my bed, she will stop and continue her sleep.
But with the twins, I feel I am very lazy. hahaha. I ask my gal to talk and sing to them instead. i think next time they will listen to jie jie more than mommy.

hi,@mumsies , wat will be the delivery charges in mt e novena? my gynae's clinic is there, so I contemplating to deliver there but heard the charges was quite high. will u go for csect or natural delivery?

Mount E novena would be around 16k. All the gynaes said mine will have to be elective c-sect. Due to high risk of twins plus I have GDM.

twin mummies..

hv you all thought of a bb sling/carrier? i want to carry bbs at same time but not sure how to do esp got 2..cannot be one in front one at back when bbs are smaller?

Wah!! I have nvr Thot of carrying both on a sling/ carrier together. But I would say for carriers, best to try aft U deliver Cux diff body frames may find diff carriers more comfy. I had 2 carriers for #1. 1 for me and 1 for hubby..

My complexion is getting very bad due to the hormonal changes. Is SK2 safe for use during pregnancy?
I think I read before somewhere that sk2 is safe but I dun use it so im not sure, I just keep washing my face 3 times a day to keep clean and oil free as possible..

Wah!! I have nvr Thot of carrying both on a sling/ carrier together. But I would say for carriers, best to try aft U deliver Cux diff body frames may find diff carriers more comfy. I had 2 carriers for #1. 1 for me and 1 for hubby..
hmm what carriers u used? Are they light weight?

Hopeful, im still using my sk2. I think shud b safe. For carrier, im using ergo. Mostly used by me, my hubby not tat frequent. But it can only b used after bb 6 months old unless u get the infant insert which I find too warm for our weather.

I feel soooo tired that I could lie in bed whole day. no energy to sit ard even at hm maybe for 5min only. in my 7 week plus. anyone feeling e same?

hopeful78.. u better?

Back