MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

Oh my, so you gave birth naturally? I always want and hope I can natural like my #1, but even at week 9 only gynae seems to support c sec more ... guess u must b really panic haha lucky din gave birth in cab -_-"
Yea natural birth. When I was preg with twins my gynae told me most likely is csec cos usually twins is csec. But we are actually still waiting to see if we can give birth naturally.. so gynae said need to wait till 3rd tri see how. Then who knows bbs out so fast lol.
TW1 head was down .. unlike TW2 it's in beech position .. but luckily after TW1 out TW2 head moved down

Hahaha u very cute lol...u with sgh? If ur place far from sgh, Can try buy the prolution solution from them then jab at gp near ur place so to minimize walking and travelling..btw, how is the o&g service in sgh? Is waiting time long? Which gynae u seeing now?

Yup gonna stay with SGH Dr Yu. Since all my records are wif her.. From #1 experience, I find that everything is of acceptable standards. Waiting time is prob 45min-1 hour. I love the labour wards n mid wives there but don't like the wards Cux they r really old. Can only say dr Yu is a gd gynae n has gd c sect skills..

Hi, congrats on your twins! I got spotting since day 1 til now. was on hormones pills 3 x a day and jab 3 x a week. my hubby jab for me at home de, just like when i had #1 oso jab til end of first tri. you must rest well.. really helps. i even had my meals served on bed haha but now spotting lesser so moving around as usual le heehee take care ya and hope yours will stop soon

Thx!!! Hopefully the irritating spotting ends soon Cux it's so worrisome.

Yea natural birth. When I was preg with twins my gynae told me most likely is csec cos usually twins is csec. But we are actually still waiting to see if we can give birth naturally.. so gynae said need to wait till 3rd tri see how. Then who knows bbs out so fast lol.
TW1 head was down .. unlike TW2 it's in beech position .. but luckily after TW1 out TW2 head moved down

Wow.. Ur birth story is really amazing! And it has been a tough few mths for u.. Jiayou mummy!!

Yup gonna stay with SGH Dr Yu. Since all my records are wif her.. From #1 experience, I find that everything is of acceptable standards. Waiting time is prob 45min-1 hour. I love the labour wards n mid wives there but don't like the wards Cux they r really old. Can only say dr Yu is a gd gynae n has gd c sect skills..

ur first also with sgh? oh dr yu do deliveries too? ur c sect with her took how long to recover?

ur first also with sgh? oh dr yu do deliveries too? ur c sect with her took how long to recover?

Yup. Initially was not suppose to b her. I was intending to deliver at parkway. But had issues wif the hospital n the gynae was sort of pushing for early delivery. So I delivered at SGH eventually. The whole 35 wks I was actually seeing 2 gynaes..

I was already walking on day 2 after delivery? N everything was smooth during confinement

Yup. Initially was not suppose to b her. I was intending to deliver at parkway. But had issues wif the hospital n the gynae was sort of pushing for early delivery. So I delivered at SGH eventually. The whole 35 wks I was actually seeing 2 gynaes..

I was already walking on day 2 after delivery? N everything was smooth during confinement
wah so good her stitching skills! im also thinking of seeing 2 gynaes now for convience sake..thinking of dr loke in tampines delivering in mt a, and nuh but dunno hv to pay package not for this case..did u pay package last time for ur 2 gynaes? or pay as you visit?

wah so good her stitching skills! im also thinking of seeing 2 gynaes now for convience sake..thinking of dr loke in tampines delivering in mt a, and nuh but dunno hv to pay package not for this case..did u pay package last time for ur 2 gynaes? or pay as you visit?

SGH is pay as U visit. Parkway is pay package. But they will only start accepting packages aft 2nd tri starts. Usually packages may include the basic vits. But SGH everything is ala carte

The flip side of 2 gynae is if both ve diff views during the pregnancy. Then u will have headache Cux that's what happen to me.

when u say good experience with cs.. u means can walk on 2nd day and the scar is almost cant see right? my cs took abt 7 days... was in pain for 7 days..

when u say good experience with cs.. u means can walk on 2nd day and the scar is almost cant see right? my cs took abt 7 days... was in pain for 7 days..

Yup day 2 aft delivery the nurses will encourage us to walk. But will need to use the binder. And during confinement I was able to walk up n down the stairs in the house. The scar is almost gone by now from my #1. When wearing bikini also can't see :)

Hi all, I'm almost 7 weeks now, expecting twins... How soon do your tummies start showing? I'm already beginning to show, and only halfway thru my first trimester! My office wear is starting to feel snug, which makes it a bit hard to keep the pregnancy a secret till the 2nd trimester!

Plus morning sickness is particularly bad in the mornings and at nite...

hi ricecracker... im abt same as you too! I started to gag and vomit this am although hv the nauseous feeling since 2 weeks ago. tummy maybe not yet.. cos I'm a bit plump b4 preggy that pple even asked if I was preggy then.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm almost 7 weeks now, expecting twins... How soon do your tummies start showing? I'm already beginning to show, and only halfway thru my first trimester! My office wear is starting to feel snug, which makes it a bit hard to keep the pregnancy a secret till the 2nd trimester!

Plus morning sickness is particularly bad in the mornings and at nite...

I m also 7 wks tmrw. Tummy is like 3 mths preggy n aft food it looks like 4 mths. Gonna start wearing maternity clothes already. Not much options. But I did tell my immediate colleagues and boss so that they can clear all their leave before July. Given the way I walk I think pple would have guessed that I m preggy. Don't care already. Now the most impt thing for me is hope that spotting stops and the babies growth are on track..

hopeful78. u mean u told yr colleagues n bosses that u r having twins and caude of this they try to clear their leave first?

abt 3 to 4 mths.. that's like quite big...

for ricecracker n hopeful78. may I ask, do u mind if I ask how many cm ard the waist?

maybe im abt there but blur me dunno yet. even before I bfp I look like my sil who is due in apr. lol!

true.. as long as baby is healthy that's all that's important.

like today I have no appetite. just ate some fried long beans only. cham... feel like eating vinegar pork trotters... feel my saliva down the throat.... that one I dunno how to cook. where can I buy it? this pregnancy a lot cravings... yesterday I ate 1 kg of jackfruit...

Last edited:
hopeful78. u mean u told yr colleagues n bosses that u r having twins and caude of this they try to clear their leave first?

for ricecracker n hopeful78. may I ask, do u mind if I ask how many cm ard the waist?

maybe im abt there but blur me dunno yet. even before I bfp I look like my sil who is due in apr. lol!

like today I have no appetite. just ate some fried long beans only. cham... feel like eating vinegar pork trotters... feel my saliva down the throat.... that one I dunno how to cook. where can I buy it? this pregnancy a lot cravings... yesterday I ate 1 kg of jackfruit...

Yup. Cux I won't be going back office till nx year once I start ML. So it's only fair to tell them earlier so that they can plan for their leave.

Hahaha.. I have not measured My waist for v long already. Sorry can't help.

I think ur ER and ET dates are almost same as mine. So u shd b 7 wks nx wk.

Eehhh... I don't think we can eat vinegar stuff lei.

Yup day 2 aft delivery the nurses will encourage us to walk. But will need to use the binder. And during confinement I was able to walk up n down the stairs in the house. The scar is almost gone by now from my #1. When wearing bikini also can't see :)
Can share what brand or type of tummy binder u used? Where to get?

think can eat vinegar but moderation..i took some pig trotters vingear in my early tri and also vinegar in minced pork noodles sometimes

Anyone already started looking for bb stuffs? For those with previous bbs before, what do u all advise us first time mtb to shop for..like basic clothings etc? Cos i am just so lost on what to get at first

Anyone already started looking for bb stuffs? For those with previous bbs before, what do u all advise us first time mtb to shop for..like basic clothings etc? Cos i am just so lost on what to get at first

Hahaha... 1st time mummy will tend to get EVERYTHING!!! But 1 thing u shd nvr get is the breast friend..

Are u going back Norway aft u deliver?

Thanks re. Tummy binder....

Haha yup im so tempted upon seeing so cutie small sizes mini clothes and booties ;) but hv to stop myself as yes will be going back say round 1mth after delivery..the clothes here are not really suited to the colder climate there so no use getting too many. Im thinking to get pre loved strollers too..cos will be getting a heavy duty one when we go back again due to the cobbled and rugged outdoors path..do you know where to get bbs cotton wash clothes? I supposed we will be using much of those? As bibs for feeding and bathing etc..

LOL... I just went to measure my waist... Realized that I gained 3.5 inches, no wonder my clothes feel so tight! Originally was about 28.5" now 32". At this rate I'll probably need to start buying maternity clothes sooner than expected.

My appetite is up & down... I'm always feeling hungry, but yet cannot manage to finish my food. If I'm at home, 1 plate of rice or noodles I'll have to split into 2 times... End up eating smaller portions throughout the day.

If in office then no choice, have to snack on biscuits or bread.

Hahaha... 1st time mummy will tend to get EVERYTHING!!! But 1 thing u shd nvr get is the breast friend..

Are u going back Norway aft u deliver?

Why not the Breast friend? I got the breast friend nursing pillow for my no.1 and I find that its helps me a lot when breastfeeding my baby.

For this time, I will start with getting sterilizer and pump. Wipes, diapers, bottles are also essential. Stroller can wait a while for me cos we probably won't bring baby out so soon. And I already have 1 stroller. Clothes probably some very small sized ones for newborn. I usually order them online from carters.

Why not the Breast friend? I got the breast friend nursing pillow for my no.1 and I find that its helps me a lot when breastfeeding my baby.

For this time, I will start with getting sterilizer and pump. Wipes, diapers, bottles are also essential. Stroller can wait a while for me cos we probably won't bring baby out so soon. And I already have 1 stroller. Clothes probably some very small sized ones for newborn. I usually order them online from carters.

Dunno lei.. All my friends who bought it says it's a white elephant. I didn't get it Cux i saw that so many pple are selling it 2nd hand online so was quite doubtful abt it.. Hahaha..
Plus I was an exclusive "pumper" for #1. So no pt for me to have it too..

Thanks re. Tummy binder....

Haha yup im so tempted upon seeing so cutie small sizes mini clothes and booties ;) but hv to stop myself as yes will be going back say round 1mth after delivery..the clothes here are not really suited to the colder climate there so no use getting too many. Im thinking to get pre loved strollers too..cos will be getting a heavy duty one when we go back again due to the cobbled and rugged outdoors path..do you know where to get bbs cotton wash clothes? I supposed we will be using much of those? As bibs for feeding and bathing etc..

When will u be going back? Perhaps for the winter clothings U shd get some in Singapore ( maybe from taobao) wash n vacuum pack first. Hubby is in Norway? Check out the pxs of strollers etc thr vs sing n of worthwhile U can consolidate ur orders and ship them back to Norway so by the time u go back these things are ready for u..

I didn't get bibs for #1. I just got those traditional wash cloth m when they drink milk tuck the clothe below the neck. Got quite a no of things from the Chinatown store. For clothes I also order from carters online.

Swaddles are super impt.

End this mth thr is a big bb fair u shd start buying le..

Yah, Those experienced moms who can latch very well probably find it a white elephant after while. For me it helped at the beginning but after a few weeks I also switch to exclusive pumping.
You plan to latch this time? I think it's more tough to latch both but exclusive pumping is very siong. Gotta pump every 2-3 hours, then feed baby, wash pump, wash bottles, sterilize... I wish to be able to latch for my 2nd one but with twins I'm not sure how.

Jojo, please share with us your experience on breast feeding along the way! Thanks a lot!!

Yah, Those experienced moms who can latch very well probably find it a white elephant after while. For me it helped at the beginning but after a few weeks I also switch to exclusive pumping.
You plan to latch this time? I think it's more tough to latch both but exclusive pumping is very siong. Gotta pump every 2-3 hours, then feed baby, wash pump, wash bottles, sterilize... I wish to be able to latch for my 2nd one but with twins I'm not sure how.

Jojo, please share with us your experience on breast feeding along the way! Thanks a lot!!

Hahaha..my latching experience is pathetic. Plus my mum kept warning me not to latch aft 1st mth Cux she is afraid that it will b v difficult to wean her off latching when I return to work. So I m still gonna pump this round.

What I did was to buy extra sets of pumping accessories. And I will rinse them aft use wif water, accumulate till I run out of accessories then wash n sterilize.

Only thing is I hope I can last for at least 1 yr for this round like #1, so that it's fair for them.. :)

My breast fren pillow also quite a white elephant. I only used it for first few weeks after tat I find using normal pillow is easier. Actually bb ver smart , they will learn when to latch n when its bottle time. I latch my gal when im home but she'll b on bottles when in child care. She self weaned at 23 mo. I just told her no more latching, only bottle n she's ok with it. But not sure how to do it with twins.
@chrisl: u may check europe online bb store for the stroller. If not mistaken Netherland based, need to check the web. My fren stays in sweden get it from there. Much cheaper than those sold in sweden and sg as well for those brand like bugaboo.

I just did my stock count. I realized I have lots of new unopened items left from #1 time. I even hv 5 new milk bottles. I think during no #1 lots of impulse buying. This time definitely no no. Haha think a bit unfair to the twins. Btw, anyone going for prenatal yoga?

I went for a trial prenatal yoga at mother and child at tanglin mall. I used to go there during my no.1. But this instructor asked us to do quite a lot of exercises that is on the pelvic bone, supposedly to aid delivery so I got a bit scared. Not sure if we can do prenatal yoga for fear of premature labour.

My breast fren pillow also quite a white elephant. I only used it for first few weeks after tat I find using normal pillow is easier. Actually bb ver smart , they will learn when to latch n when its bottle time. I latch my gal when im home but she'll b on bottles when in child care. She self weaned at 23 mo. I just told her no more latching, only bottle n she's ok with it. But not sure how to do it with twins.
@chrisl: u may check europe online bb store for the stroller. If not mistaken Netherland based, need to check the web. My fren stays in sweden get it from there. Much cheaper than those sold in sweden and sg as well for those brand like bugaboo.

thanks for info! yup I gave some homework for my hubby to do already lol..he is better in finding things for the house and comparing items and prices..so this is the perfect job for him for now :D:D

I just did my stock count. I realized I have lots of new unopened items left from #1 time. I even hv 5 new milk bottles. I think during no #1 lots of impulse buying. This time definitely no no. Haha think a bit unfair to the twins. Btw, anyone going for prenatal yoga?

prenatal yoga I've been thinking of but mostly are in the central area..nothing much choice near me..i hv to find out more though..you? u found anything good?

If bbs arrive as edd in june then should be in july..so actually I can get some pieces which are for newborns up to 3 mths kind..my hb also getting for me from home (yes he's over there now, we are reliving our long distance dating again lol my another sg friend in Norway gave some pre-loved bb clothes suitable to wear during summer last time) so just nice come in handy now. I hv to top up some basic pieces though. The winter clothings in sg are mostly different .. they are more accustomed to the Asian cold..as in korea/japan/china/hk type..not 100% wool mostly acryl which looks thick but don't keep warm. Over there must wear the really 100% merino wool so will be getting there too..now sg prices very high, some things are cheaper in Norway in fact. But then again i'll racki around some things hehe cos want the best price mah ..we Singaporean best in comparing prices ;) which Chinatown store you got the wash cloths from? OK! noted on the swaddles :) Yes im thinking of going to see what I can find ..else too big next time later on cannot walk too much :)

ImageUploadedByForum1420983883.463601.jpg

The shop has quite a lot of things to see.. My mum actually prefers this shop than baby fairs.. Hahaha..
Can print out the checklist from online and go thru the list to see what to buy. And re mittens, I highly recommend the boring tollyjoy ones. I find that they are the ones the drop out least for my #1. And for twins ( who will be even smaller) we prob need smaller mittens.

@eskimobaby : thanks, r u 2010 mommy? I remember when I cycle in 2009, there's this nick as well and I think I add u in my fb as well? I find ur nick very familiar. Are u expecting twins now?

I frequent tt store too.almost all my bb stuff gt frm dere.e store owner, auntie is very friendly n helpful.their items r cheaper than others.

my vomitting just started today. 7 weeks I guess... how to manage this in office when so many pple around? I tot to inform after tri 1 but look like cant hide...

how do u deal with it or anything I can do to help?

Last edited:
during my ms period, i'm diffusing peppermint essential oil at my desk. Also try to take some sour plum. For me, it works. Some ppl take ginger tea as well to curb the ms.

My spotting has been reduced but suddenly I have this v intense cramp. Not so bad if I m sitting or lying down but can b bad if I m standing. Is it uterus expanding or should I go see doc. Had sent an email to Dr and waiting for reply.

Try to lay down on bed with a pillow prop in between legs on ur side meanwhile waiting for ur doc reply..if u still feel pain go 24hr o&g..but it is a good thing that your spotting has reduced. I did experienced tad bad cramps too but was feeling better after i rested..try to put ur legs up as often as possible..u working? If so take mc rest at home! Take care k!

Try to lay down on bed with a pillow prop in between legs on ur side meanwhile waiting for ur doc reply..if u still feel pain go 24hr o&g..but it is a good thing that your spotting has reduced. I did experienced tad bad cramps too but was feeling better after i rested..try to put ur legs up as often as possible..u working? If so take mc rest at home! Take care k!

Thx!! M resting at home now.. Hopefully the pain will go off soon

Back