MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

wow the cost is half the price of what i've paid. My gynae referred me to do it at Parkway east hospital. Her clinic is in the same bldg. It was done by a radiologist. Yes they will produce the CD and a detailed report but upon collection on my next gynae visit (about 2 weeks later). On the spot the radiologist will share with u if everything is ok. I was lucky to get an available slot to do FA scan within 2 working days. They only do during weekdays and twins scanning takes twice the time. Suggest that u can try calling up several pte hospital to ask bout Twins FA scan cost and appt availability that is still within ya 22 week for consideration. Also enquire how the report/CD info be handed over back to your gynae. You probably got to do some coordination with ya NUH clinic if u were to do it elsewhere. Or unless NUH clinic insist that u have to do it with them and assures u that at 23rd week the diff in accuracy is negligible based on their professional point of view. and that I have made an appt, the waiting time is like jus 10mins to read a form and sign. @chrisl

wow yours got cd included too..im not sure about mine though or whether if it's the doc who does this FA scan him self..cos theat oscar scan the sonographer did it and passed the results to the doc..i didn like that sonographer..

They sms me yesterday about 6pm+ then cos they close already at 5:30 and today too closed, so just hv to call them back on Monday..thanks for info..

Is she Dr Heng ? Her queue is very long. 1hr at least. 2hrs if she goes for delivery halfway.
May I ask if u uses twin stroller back then n how useful was it? If it was heavily utilized and worth money spent

Hi Sunshine1983! Yes, she's Dr. Heng and indeed she has a lot patients! But it was only difficult to get an appointment on my first 2 consultations. Then the rest, I always go there right after their break. I do not go in the mornings especially on Saturdays. Our checkups were held at her bedok clinic (she doesn't have a clinic there now) but still the queues are verrrry loooong. So I always schedule my next appoint right after their afternoon break (they used to have breaks from 12-1 & 5-6pm). My scheds are always 6:05pm.

Yes, I used twin strollers. Actually from 2 months to 5 months, we used single pram for each baby, but that's only because my MIL bought this small strollers so we do not have any choice but to use it, you know :D. So when they are about 6 months, we bought the Maclaren twin techno as I prefer a side by side stroller so that the girls will have the same view, no obstruction or anything. It was very useful and convenient. With single strollers, you need 2 persons to push, it's like always double effort! For twin strollers, you and your husband can alternate in pushing. We can even use it on escalators and most of the standard doors. Heavily utilized? Well, they used it til they went to playgroup at 3 yrs old! We only stopped bringing the stroller when the girls can't stay there for long cause they wanted to walk on their own. :)

Hi mummies. Just to let you know I've managed to get an appointment with Dr Biswas 2nd week of Feb. Actually NUH is very far for me but we had chose to go ahead after hearing his expertise in high risk pregnancy. Thank you everyone who had gave some insights on this. Wish me luck. Hope Dr can see 2 waterbags for the babies in my next appointment!

is twin pregnancy auto consider as high risk?

I hv low blood pressure after preggy with twins. was told its normal..

With a heavy heart.. I will be exiting this thread. Just did a scan n one of the twin hb had stopped and shrunk.. I will need to be strong for the other twin. Wishing everyone here a smooth pregnancy and delivery in advance!

With a heavy heart.. I will be exiting this thread. Just did a scan n one of the twin hb had stopped and shrunk.. I will need to be strong for the other twin. Wishing everyone here a smooth pregnancy and delivery in advance!
Gosh,when I read your thread I was heartbroken and sad. I can imagine how you feel. Yes you have to be strong for your other twin and also take good care of yourself. It's not going to be easy for you and if you have to mourn,do so,but don't linger for too long as your baby can feel your emotions. My prayers are with you and I too hope you have a smooth pregnancy and a healthy lovely baby.

oh no so sorry to hear this..i dunno what to say but take care and be strong for the other bb..

Thanks all for your kind words. Time for me to move on. Am 10 wks now and previous scan was at 8 wks when both are still doing well..

Sorry to hear that. Take care and yes do stay strong for your other baby, have a smooth pregnancy and delivery ahead :)

anyone feeling faintish/lightheaded? I measured my blood pressure this am and it was kinda low..is it normal in twin pregnancy?

I'm having twins but dont have such symptoms. Please have more rest. Are you taking any iron pills? Doc prescribed me new obimin.

Yes please take regularly. Doc mentioned to me for mothers expecting twins, our blood will get thinner. Guess iron pills also do good to the 2 beanies.

I don't believe in taking iron tablets because its not natural remedy. Maybe you can think of eating more beetroots, spinach, more ikan bilis for iron. Healthy way is always the best remedy.

did i say i hv got v low blood pressure.. mu mermory a bit bad now. but doc say nvm. how abt u all? mine is 40/80 super low like half of normal pressure only. how to salvage? worried although doc say nvm its loke this for twins.

doc also send me for a full blood count, see enough blood a not... not yet recv results.

how abt cl? how much did yrs cost? i asked pem and was quoted $3,350 they urged me to confirm asap, say 1 mth only do 1 twin case. huh sure a not..

did my detailed scan today...all's fine except one got a little 'notch uterine' any one had experienced before?

I just googled..while some says will result in high bp later cos restricted bloodflow but some says will resolve on its own...hopefully it will by itself..lucucky I hv bb aspirin to take meanwhile still..will do another scan in week23 to compare results and then ask my gynae later to be sure..

u do ur fa scan already not?

Ic but did ur doc say anything about it? Hope everything will b just fine. My scan is scheduled on 26th,still hv to wait for quite long. These few nite cant really sleep well. Sleep sideways either painful or bbs will kick. Lay flat whole body aching. Do u encounter such as well?

:oops::oops:nope my next doc appointment on 3/3 so long! but thankfully know there's this issue so I make it a point to not bend my left leg or sleep on this side too much to let blood flow..and still taking bb aspirin ..

yes! backache when laying flat so sideways but still tad uncomfy cos both sides like got bbs inside cushioning ..think later stage hv to get a recliner to sleep in..

but tentively I got another bolster to support my back so im kinda sideways yet flat too..hmm..dunno how to explain lol:p:oops:maybe u can try..but the bolster must be firm type

Hi mummies, can i check if your twinnies are diff in cm during ultrascan? And anyone has edd pushed back due to bb size (how many days behind)?

Hello! First time posting here. My twins are considered full term from 7 April(completed 37week by then) onwards.

Just to check if ur gynae will book c sect date for u? My gynae says don't need to book date for c sect. Just admit myself when I'm in labour. Is that the standard practice? Oh, I'm under kkh.

Hi mummies, can i check if your twinnies are diff in cm during ultrascan? And anyone has edd pushed back due to bb size (how many days behind)?
Mine has slight difference which is normal according to gynae. But the edd shud be more or less the same

Hi ellesie,

As long as you and the baby is safe. Moreover there is no major issues, I think its okay. But be more careful and take good care of your health and the baby too.

Hello! First time posting here. My twins are considered full term from 7 April(completed 37week by then) onwards.

Just to check if ur gynae will book c sect date for u? My gynae says don't need to book date for c sect. Just admit myself when I'm in labour. Is that the standard practice? Oh, I'm under kkh.
hmm..I hv not come to that stage yet so ..hmm..but when time cos I think for myself I will admit myself to nuh as im from there..think just do what ur gynae suggested in kkh ba?

do u gals feel like one bb is more active than the other?
yes, i can only feel one side moves more while the other side is pretty quiet. The one tat moves more is the one with bigger size . not sure whether it's becos bigger size tat's y i can feel it more?

ic ic. btw, do you started to have heartburn? this few nights were waken up by the bad heartburn. now the appetite is very bad due to it.

yup off and on esp after oily food or too much or too little food before my bedtime..think cos bbs growing bigger each day and pushing to stomach area..try not to eat too much or too little b4 bed

Mummies, Ur twins are identical or fraternal?

My twins are fraternal. My last appt(2nd appt) shows bbs 2.42cm n 2.33cm at 9wks. But base on 1st appt it should be 9wks5days. So edd got push back.. wanna know if anyone experience the same..

no need to worry. mine 2.3cm and doc din even say get pushed back. anyway they should even come out earlier b4 edd. dont worry too much. maybe later grow faster and edd push forward.m.for my no 1 also edd got pushed back but still come out 3 weeks early!

Yes, my nephew was 2 weeks earlier. I don't believe in edd because its just an approx guess in my opinions.

Anyone else here having twins with single placenta? Am 24 weeks now and my dr is concerned that one twin is smaller then the other by 100g even though they are good sized (540g and 650g). Now super worried that they will have ttts. She mentioned that they might be delivered early, like 34 weeks if ttts is present.

Anyone else having this problem? I read that anything more then 10 percent difference is concerning to Drs. Might have to change gyne to kkh if need to deliver early. Anyone heard of June Tan? Is she good? Expensive?

I will be seeing Dr June Tan for the first time next Tuesday. Will update you about charges and experience then.

I read some questions on pte vs subsidised patients. This is what I found out. Only if you choose Ward b2 and below, then you are entitled to subsidised rates. That means you can't select the gynae to operate for you. It will be done by a team of medical officers headed by a registrar. Registrar is of lower ranking that assistant consultant. KKH has rankings like that... Asst consultant, consultant and senior consultant. Dr June tan and Dr tan Heng Hau are both senior consultants. I have the nicu rates for the different ward types. I tried to load but couldn't. Those who are interested in the rates can PM me and I will send to you.

Hi
My dr just told me to take NT scan only for Down syndrome screening. She mentioned that blood test like harmony is not accurate for twin. Any ladies with twin has taken harmony and has any feedback? Any of u knows of any first trimester non invasive test suitable for twin pregnancy that is as good as harmony? I abit concerned as I am 36 this year.

Hi EnH, i took oscar for my twins. I rmb my gynae told me harmony is more for singleton, verifi is for twins. But i opted oscar as im in mid 20s. Mayb you wanna check with your gynae if they have verifi test?

Strangely, some say oscar is unreliable for twins. I did oscar and result was no good. Went to Dr Ananda and did harmony. He said is more reliable and suitable for twins just that we cant test the gender.
Harmony website also mentioned its suitable for twins.

@ellesie and the rest of u ard week 20ish or over... im 22nd now ..do u ladies feel like eat a bit only then tummy super full? I am thinking if I should request for a bloodtest in my next appointment next week to see if bbs getting enough nutrients or not..

@ellesie and the rest of u ard week 20ish or over... im 22nd now ..do u ladies feel like eat a bit only then tummy super full? I am thinking if I should request for a bloodtest in my next appointment next week to see if bbs getting enough nutrients or not..
well done chrisl! you are nearing the end of race!

Back