(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

newbiemum80, the way you say it accurately describes things for me. hahaha! backache from lying on the back is quite terrible. will feel like a tortoise turned upside down, don't know how to get back up! haha! but once managed to get up will feel fine. :)

happycsk, the echo-y heartbeat sounds could be from umbilical cord. I've been using the doppler less frequently now that baby kicks so often. he really likes my bladder, I noticed. maybe very bouncy and nice to kick. :p

any mummies here on BabyPlus? :D http://www.babyplus.com/

newbiemum80, the way you say it accurately describes things for me. hahaha! backache from lying on the back is quite terrible. will feel like a tortoise turned upside down, don't know how to get back up! haha! but once managed to get up will feel fine. :)

happycsk, the echo-y heartbeat sounds could be from umbilical cord. I've been using the doppler less frequently now that baby kicks so often. he really likes my bladder, I noticed. maybe very bouncy and nice to kick. :p

any mummies here on BabyPlus? :D http://www.babyplus.com/

hahaha the way u say like very funny! i hope baby doesn't like my bladder that much when she starts kicking lol. wonder when i will feel the first kick. now still can't differentiate between gas and baby movements yet haha.

slowly you will know! then you will look forward to those kicks as after 20 weeks, baby will have his/her own sleep pattern even while inside the womb. last time for my girls, I will look forward to every morning while in the train. 'cos that's when they really dance and kick inside. very active! after that movements will slow down till around 1.30pm when they start to hiccup after my lunch. then slow down again till night time 10pm++.

slowly you will know! then you will look forward to those kicks as after 20 weeks, baby will have his/her own sleep pattern even while inside the womb. last time for my girls, I will look forward to every morning while in the train. 'cos that's when they really dance and kick inside. very active! after that movements will slow down till around 1.30pm when they start to hiccup after my lunch. then slow down again till night time 10pm++.

At for me, I can alrdy feel the movements of the baby. I notice that the baby will be very active when I am moving around or even doing work. And as i lay in bed getting ready to rest or sleep, baby will also settle down.

How does it feel when they hiccup? I think I just experienced it earlier...its like dup dup dup feeling. Dr Yam said I my tummy fats are v little so I am more sensitive to baby movement :D

I get the ache on my left buttock and thigh if I sit too long. I believe it is compression on the nerve...so just try walk or exercise abit instead of sitting or lying down

Thanks all! I sporadically then take calcium pills de, cos hate swallowing big pills and e gynae gave me such big ones! Guess milk is not enough.

My appetite has been rather poor as well these days, maybe cos sick on and off past 2 weeks and sometimes can survive only on one meal a day. Tink shall try taking chicken essence weekly as well, i'm quite worried baby is not getting enough nutrients!

And im feeling braxton hicks now. Forgot how it felt and freaked out over the weekend haha.

My hubby is being quite unsympathetic over all these pains. See me massaging my calfs and he oso nvr ask me or help me. Pissed off.

momocrv, it's a continuous and rhythmic feeling, like baby is bopping about inside. does that make sense? lol! Dr Yam told me the same thing. he even went to the extend of measuring my tummy fat thickness. :p

cynn04, your BH now then start? very good already I think! have been having mine for weeks. few times a day. quite an umcomfortable feeling. it happens more frequently when I have the urge to go poo. maybe the pressure down there also will cause the uterus to harden up / contract.

happycsk, it is normal. some ladies are more prone to it. some only start feeling from 3rd tri onwards..

Hi all..
Any of mom to be here that didn't drink any maternal milk? Is it necessary to drink milk for pregnancy?
I'm having very bad flu again and my friends all said due to lack of nutrition and suggest me to drink maternal milk.
My appetite also poor and sometimes skip my dinner. :(

I never took maternal milk ;) Only the multivit and fish oil that dr prescibed.. But i fall sick quite easily even thou appetite remains same..

Vinka, I think you may be having pregnancy rhinitis. I get that too and apart from having sensitive, dripping nose, I feel okay. also not taking maternal milk 'cos don't really fancy it..

I also dun drink maternal milk regularly coz it makes me puke! :( i was allright earlier but the milk make me feel sick. I thot i m the only one! Now waste almost 50% of the can. I tried dumex vanilla though and its better..

isenggirl, too sweet is it? I tried a brand, can't remember which one. really thick and sweet, couldn't stand it. it was just a sample pack but that was enough to put me off maternal milk liao. my colleague is currently drinking Anmum and she likes it. said, not too sweet and taste good. you ladies can give it a try if keen. but it is stated on the packaging that the whole tin has to be finished within 2 weeks after opening.

Sigh...I also can't take calcium pill. Din take for #1 & this time too. I juz drink my fresh milk & try to eat more fish & soups.

I was told to start tonic only on 5th mth. I can't stand those brand chicken essence. So I also double boil & drain the pure black chicken soup, my fav.
I tot pregnant cannot take ginseng except Korean ginseng?
I had double boiled korean ginseng every week from 5th mth till 8th mth when #1 time. I find its benefited both me & my gal.
Last mth, coconut juice!

Hi all..
Any of mom to be here that didn't drink any maternal milk? Is it necessary to drink milk for pregnancy?
I'm having very bad flu again and my friends all said due to lack of nutrition and suggest me to drink maternal milk.

Any normal fresh milk is good enough. Maternal milk taste yucky. Lucky i was contemplating to buy the whole tin, just got the free samples from gynea. Really put off the taste of it tho.

I'm so relieved that a lot of mommy here didn't drink maternal milk.
I also didn't like milk but my friend told me for the sake of baby must drink.
Starrymommy, i think so i'm having pregnancy rhinitis...so tired because can't sleep at night because of nose blocked and can't breath.

I also have nose block during sleeping time. I ever told my gynae before I have the nose block problem but not flu. My gynae said that's normal as long as I still can breath through my mouth. He even told my hubby if he heard I snoring then that's normal. If I stop snoring then need to wake me up and check my condition already. Haha

I also have nose block during sleeping time. I ever told my gynae before I have the nose block problem but not flu. My gynae said that's normal as long as I still can breath through my mouth. He even told my hubby if he heard I snoring then that's normal. If I stop snoring then need to wake me up and check my condition already. Haha

I have been having block nose like forever now. Before sleeping, I will rub vicks vaporub all over my nose so that I can sleep better. Always gone when I wake up.

oh yah, 50_BBN, the pao shen I mentioned can be taken sparingly in bird's nest and chicken essence. if worried about it can also just remove. so far I have tried to add a few slices into my water bottle and pour boiling water over them. just drink throughout the day at work.

about Korean ginseng, I am taking few times a week too. my mum soaked a lot in raw honey for me years back. the whole pot is very fragrant and taste yummy. I just scoop out one or two slices along with the concentrated honey and eat like that or mix with warm water and drink. there is a vast difference between the health of #1 (took throughout pregnancy) and #2 (didn't really take much). #1's immunity seems to be a lot better compared to #2, even though #2 was breastfed a much longer time than #1!

my mum also mentioned that when she was pregnant with me, she didn't take much tonics hence my immune system was very poor as a child, every month will fall sick! for my brother, she took Korean ginseng very often and he's definitely the healthier one. so it really pays to eat right during pregnancy and continue reaping the health benefits years later. :)

Hi all..
I m drinking if I m skipping meals. But they say it makes u fat la. Some doc say is commercial gimmicks to say very good. I don't know cos myself I drink all milk especially full cream haha so already fat liao

Me too. But my nose like a lot of dirt all the time n with blood some more grrhh.

Im oso starting to have stuffy and blocked nose at nite. Really affects the quality of my sleep.

@starrymommy Your mom so nice, help you prepare the tonics. I stay too far away from my mom who knows such stuff. My mil dunno de.... I tink I gotta learn and 'bu' abit by myself now. Must have a strong and healthy pregnancy then can have strong and healthy baby.

isenggirl, too sweet is it? I tried a brand, can't remember which one. really thick and sweet, couldn't stand it. it was just a sample pack but that was enough to put me off maternal milk liao. my colleague is currently drinking Anmum and she likes it. said, not too sweet and taste good. you ladies can give it a try if keen. but it is stated on the packaging that the whole tin has to be finished within 2 weeks after opening.

Yeah! I used to like chocolate milk, so we bought chocolate maternal milk. And its so yucky :( but my hubby said it tastes not bad. He can drink anot ah? Haha.. now only drink anlene and yakult. Then fresh milk once in awhile.. my tummy is also still quite flat. I think I really need to push myself abit more...... sigh.

cynn04, have to DIY then. still not too late! just go to those medical shops (reputable ones, of course!), buy good quality Korean ginseng and ask the shop staff to help you slice them thinly. transfer all into a glass jar (ikea ones will do), and pour organic, raw honey all over them. mix them up well and keep the bottle in a cool dry corner for 2 months (use plastic or porcelain spoon, never use metal, to toss them up a bit every 1-2 weeks in the midst of soaking) and it will be ready for eating. the longer you soak the slices, the better they get. :)

Im oso starting to have stuffy and blocked nose at nite. Really affects the quality of my sleep.

I have itchy skin and cold feet at night (cant get warm by blanket or socks!). Also affect my quality of sleep. Super uncomfortable. I really hope we get over this very soon.

As for me, i got this sharp back pain on my left side near e waist this morning n till now still on n off.. i read that its e growing uterus thats causing it.

Bought the giant U shaped pillow from q10 for side sleeping. Hope it will help in relieving all the aches..

As for me, i got this sharp back pain on my left side near e waist this morning n till now still on n off.. i read that its e growing uterus thats causing it.

Bought the giant U shaped pillow from q10 for side sleeping. Hope it will help in relieving all the aches..

Me too will on and off will have that kind of sharp pain. :( Don't remember having such aches and pains so early on with previous pregnancies. Feeling old liao...

I guess as we age, the pains are everywhere. I wldnt know how it is like to get pregnant in younger days, as this is my first pregnancy and I am 36 this year. Boy, it is really very trying, that at times I wish I was married earlier. Hehhe...

Yah, I dun remember hving such aches and pains during my first pregnancy just 3 yrs back. My mom says I didnt do a good confinement the last time cos very kanjiong to be hands-on with my gal and didnt rest well or take enough tonic stuff. Gonna make sure i rest more this time round!

@isenggirl u may try Enfamama. I find tgats the only brand not too sweet and not very milky taste. I tried Anmum during my 1st trim, but it caused me vomit non stop. So I stop anmum n try other brands of firmulated milk. I find Friso Mum too sweet amd for Dumex it tasted more milky. U can drink milk in alternate day. No need to drink everyday one. If not sometime just replace the milk intake with soya milk

@isenggirl u may try Enfamama. I find tgats the only brand not too sweet and not very milky taste. I tried Anmum during my 1st trim, but it caused me vomit non stop. So I stop anmum n try other brands of firmulated milk. I find Friso Mum too sweet amd for Dumex it tasted more milky. U can drink milk in alternate day. No need to drink everyday one. If not sometime just replace the milk intake with soya milk

Thats enfamama i hav at home in chocolate flavour. Haha. And caused me puke all e time. Is drinking soya bean good enough?

And yes I should hav planned family earlier. Dunno why i feel super old with this pregnancy. Everything also no mood. Tired easily. Not effective at work too. All I can think of is when I can go home. Sigh..

Starrymommy, I vy scare of huge size chalky calcium pills. Juz can't swallow it, always got stuck in btw my throat, taste vy yucky.
Thanks for the orange favour liquid recommendations. Tats indeed a gd alternative.

Actually its recommended by a friend who comes from big family with 7 older sis & bro & lots of nieces & nephews. All took Korean ginseng. His kids & my kids seldom fall sick so easily. & while almost all of my gfs kids take supplements, I don't give my gal any.

@missyblueberry the actual reason why the older gen mentioned not to use medicated oil during pregnancy is because some of those oil contained "red flowers" which will cause high chance of miscarriage. If u want to use any medicated oil, it's good to consult ur gynae 1st before using it.

Thank you all for your prompt replies... Backache is better today with trying warm and cold towels remedies..

Anyone have super cravings for icy stuff? I can eat a few scoop of ice cream a day but many friends told me cannot but the craving is super duper high! And not to forget sweet stuffs!

Ive been a silent reader here..learning from all hour info xchanges! but haha i need to chirp in on this one. Im 25 this year with my first pregnancy. But my aches quite jialat also leh. my back aches are quite a killer! Feel super lethargic easily also... Now i wonder how it will be like when i grow older & have no 2 or 3 :/

If keen, like starrymommy said, go to a reputable chinese med shop like Fu Hua. I start taking weekly at 5th mth which is abt now for most of us. Juz start with half a pc, put in a mug with some water, cover up. Put the mug into a pot of water to boil & drink. Increase to 1-3pc as u go till 8th mth.

@isenggirl I think the milk is really depend on individual taste bud and the digestion reaction with certain brand of milk. Like me, I cant take Anmum while other mummies here mentioned it taste good. So far I only take Vanilla flavor one. Havnt try chocolate flavor yet. Haha.

@50_BBN you are right, " Pao Shen" is good for pregnancy. It helps to revitalise me whenever I drink the "Pao Shen" suop. Normally I cook the "Pao Shen" suop with chicken or my mil will add " Pao Shen" in to the bird nets and double boil it.

If keen, like starrymommy said, go to a reputable chinese med shop like Fu Hua. I start taking weekly at 5th mth which is abt now for most of us. Juz start with half a pc, put in a mug with some water, cover up. Put the mug into a pot of water to boil & drink. Increase to 1-3pc as u go till 8th mth.
@50_BBN, why only can take ginseng till 8th month? after that cannot arh?

Back