(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

i finsihed digging and i can only find less than 10 items lolz .. so have to buy like 1st timer mummies hahaha

huh? wash the cloth wipes :eek: i dun think so leh... it is just diff material but meant to be thrown

http://babyexpo.com.sg/collections/frontpage/products/ingenuity-gentle-automatic-bouncer quite cheap
i also saw some promotion on toy r us on bouncer ...you can consider those unless u going after the traditional bouncer .. lolz

Thank you! Will check it out.

The cloth wipes are washable and reusable?

Hahahahhaha.. I like your thinking! How much is the ingenuity bouncer? I wanna buy bouncer / baby rocking chair. Still have not look around yet.

Oh no the cloth wipes r disposable also. It's like the normal wipes, just thicker n softer.

The ingenuity bouncer is $99 during pre order. It's an automatic bouncer so it's supposed to mimic mummy's movement n soothe the baby. Can check it out. But free delivery only end of Dec to early Jan. My hubby is trying to check today how much if we buy directly at expo instead.

image.jpg

Ya, but this cave man never think the warranty for this stroller is not local leh, if he breaks it, then how? Ship back to US? Seriously, men ah! Until my puppy looked so confused, why mummy look so angry, hehe. I tried to explain to him that it's cos daddy is an idiot. I think with this stroller, if I take bus or train, people r going to curse n swear at me lor. U know earlier on I was still telling my hubby, my colleagues all buy stokke, then after 2 months all give up on it cos so big n heavy. So we should not make the same mistake. Then, see la, we did a similar boo boo.

lolz ... cos from picture we cant tell how big is it until the item arrived unless you go around singapore to look for similar model else you wont know

wah strokke after 2 month give up lolz that is really expensive mistake lolz .. anyway since you guys own car should be ok ... then when it come to Public transport bring carrier instead .. lolz

it is cute right their clothes but i tried to check out this morning it doesnt allow me to do it leh sob sob
i want to order some to see the sizing before ordering more ..but the stupid system is not helping !!!
@momobb need your advice liao :p

so you have order monster stroller...be care when using on public transport. some public hate such stroller lolz
lolz .. cos man think..how difficult can it be to assemble a stroller so dun bother to read the manual lolz
my gosh...try again 3rd time still cant make payment ..arghhhhh

Just finished chkup. At 28wks2days Baby is 1.5kg. Overweight by 0.3kg lol. I only put on 1.2kg so the weight went to baby mostly. Heng ah lol. Now waiting for GD 3rd draw. So hungry and thirsty. The sugary drink really is fanta orange lol but even sweeter.

So what is the entire GD test procedure like?? I am a bit scared... scared I fail the test!

lolz ... cos from picture we cant tell how big is it until the item arrived unless you go around singapore to look for similar model else you wont know

wah strokke after 2 month give up lolz that is really expensive mistake lolz .. anyway since you guys own car should be ok ... then when it come to Public transport bring carrier instead .. lolz

Actually we got check out the model at taka before we ordered, it already looked abit big to me, but in the store, tucked amongst all the other 500 strollers, it didn't look so bad. But last night at home, in my bare living room, it looked huge! Haha. It's 9.5kg, up till today I still dunno if I will have the strength to lug it up n down the car boot, cos I don't dare to lift it now. Yes, I foresee we will be using the carrier a lot. Which we have 2 of, cos we ended up buying the ergo at taka as well, after we already bought the bjorn at expo. Coz on sale n it's supposed to be better for bigger infants. This is NOT smart shopping. Oh well. Ok la, first time parents, we tell ourselves we r allowed a few mistakes. :D

Actually we got check out the model at taka before we ordered, it already looked abit big to me, but in the store, tucked amongst all the other 500 strollers, it didn't look so bad. But last night at home, in my bare living room, it looked huge! Haha. It's 9.5kg, up till today I still dunno if I will have the strength to lug it up n down the car boot, cos I don't dare to lift it now. Yes, I foresee we will be using the carrier a lot. Which we have 2 of, cos we ended up buying the ergo at taka as well, after we already bought the bjorn at expo. Coz on sale n it's supposed to be better for bigger infants. This is NOT smart shopping. Oh well. Ok la, first time parents, we tell ourselves we r allowed a few mistakes. :D
You can always sell it off if you end up not using it....

U try with a diff card? When I use stand chart always can't go thro but ocbc card is fine.
lolz..yah i also used Standard chartered ...din try other card cos i want to accumulate expense on just one card
ok later i go try another card :p

lolz i also made alot of mistake for #1 that is why for this one ...i dun anyhow buy lolz

Oh no the cloth wipes r disposable also. It's like the normal wipes, just thicker n softer.

The ingenuity bouncer is $99 during pre order. It's an automatic bouncer so it's supposed to mimic mummy's movement n soothe the baby. Can check it out. But free delivery only end of Dec to early Jan. My hubby is trying to check today how much if we buy directly at expo instead.

View attachment 402510

Im really tempted to buy this. To compare with Fisher Price, this has many more functions.

so you walk around when time then go back to draw izzt ?
after first round go see my gynae lo. after 2nd round just wait outside lab. My hubby wanted to go canteen, wanted to go eat prata, wanted to go delifrance, i ask him dun tempt me haha

So what is the entire GD test procedure like?? I am a bit scared... scared I fail the test!
After 12 midnight start fasting, no food no drink, not even water. My appt was 8.30 in the morning. Go to the lab, draw blood and give a sample of urine. Then they will give you a bottle of "fanta orange", must finish within 5 mins. Then they will give you 2 more bottles for urine sample. To be collected in 1 hour interval. Every hour go back submit urine sample at the same time draw blood again T.T both my arms got needle holes. So 3 urine samples, 3 blood samples.

after first round go see my gynae lo. after 2nd round just wait outside lab. My hubby wanted to go canteen, wanted to go eat prata, wanted to go delifrance, i ask him dun tempt me haha
so you are actually allowed to walk around right :p
actually you should walk around cos that wil help to burn some sugar :p

After 12 midnight start fasting, no food no drink, not even water. My appt was 8.30 in the morning. Go to the lab, draw blood and give a sample of urine. Then they will give you a bottle of "fanta orange", must finish within 5 mins. Then they will give you 2 more bottles for urine sample. To be collected in 1 hour interval. Every hour go back submit urine sample at the same time draw blood again T.T both my arms got needle holes. So 3 urine samples, 3 blood samples.
huh? cannot drink water then where to get urine :s

that 1 bottle of fanta orange is my saviour lol

Mine is a bit diff from yours. I went in at 9 to draw blood then took the fanta orange then went for detailed scan then went back to draw blood again. No urine collected. And only draw blood twice coz gynae says nobody bother w the result of the 2nd blood test, so she skip that step.

water is strictly not allowed.

some clinic dun allow walking also ... but its true walking helps to burn off the sugar
i need to drink alot of water one leh..cos always soo thirty ..haiz tot can play cheat walk around to burn some sugar off lolz

Mine is a bit diff from yours. I went in at 9 to draw blood then took the fanta orange then went for detailed scan then went back to draw blood again. No urine collected. And only draw blood twice coz gynae says nobody bother w the result of the 2nd blood test, so she skip that step.
i remember the last round that is how i did it too .. btw where did you do your test lolz

Omg. I gg to have my GD test on sat. If no eat, where got energy to walk around??
Do you get to know the result on the same day? Or they will call u to inform u the result another day?

aiyer then make me take so much urine sample and blood :( the fanta orange really sooooooo sweet coz normally i dun take very sweet stuff. Until now like still very thirsty....

Omg. I gg to have my GD test on sat. If no eat, where got energy to walk around??
Do you get to know the result on the same day? Or they will call u to inform u the result another day?
my gynae say will call me and tell me the results either this evening or tmr.

within same day ..if kena GD they will ask you to U turn come back

wah just say only clinic called me liao. Sian my GD borderline, doc ask me cut down on sugar and carbo. but problem is i already cut down alot liao, dunno wat to cut le.....

My appt also at 8.30am in the morning.... You're at TMC too?

I won't be having my appointment until 1st week of November...

Weight wise if your bb okay?? I recall your last appt u mentioned your bb is quite big...

water is strictly not allowed.

some clinic dun allow walking also ... but its true walking helps to burn off the sugar
The nurse who scheduled my appointment said that I can take sips of water if I feel v thirsty, but cannot drink too much.

wah just say only clinic called me liao. Sian my GD borderline, doc ask me cut down on sugar and carbo. but problem is i already cut down alot liao, dunno wat to cut le.....

Other than cut down on sugar and carbo, did the doc ask u to do anything else???

What will happen if you really kenna GD, what is the additional "things" you need to do to manage the condition. Anyone knows?

My appt also at 8.30am in the morning.... You're at TMC too?

I won't be having my appointment until 1st week of November...

Weight wise if your bb okay?? I recall your last appt u mentioned your bb is quite big...

The nurse who scheduled my appointment said that I can take sips of water if I feel v thirsty, but cannot drink too much.
baby still over weight by 0.3kg today. Ya mine is at TMC too. I think i noe wat caused my GD. The milo kosong i drink frequently :( Although kosong, i think still quite sweet le haiz

ask you cut leh ..not ask you do the pricking test every day .. each meal leh..then you are lucky liao

Other than cut down on sugar and carbo, did the doc ask u to do anything else???

What will happen if you really kenna GD, what is the additional "things" you need to do to manage the condition. Anyone knows?
depend on how serious ..if borderline case ... diet control lesson and pricking of finger every meal every day ( pre meal and post meal) .. more serious case is inject insulin
and every day exercise at least 30 mins post meal to help break the sugar

baby still over weight by 0.3kg today. Ya mine is at TMC too. I think i noe wat caused my GD. The milo kosong i drink frequently :( Although kosong, i think still quite sweet le haiz
yes milo is loaded with sugar even at kosong ... so be good girl take slim milk ok .. not maternal milk that one also super loaded with sugar

I think if borderline, they will suggest u to see dietician etc and learn how to control your diet.
i know someone who is in her 32 weeks, kena diagnose with GD, so gynae told her to buy that blood test home kit, monitor her sugar level at home and eat a diabetic diet. If by the next checkup, her sugar level still high, she'll need to jab insulin

anybody know whether they sell pigeon breast pads at Taka fair?

If yes, I might go down to look2 see2.

If not, I just go Kiddy Palace and buy.

I think if borderline, they will suggest u to see dietician etc and learn how to control your diet.
i know someone who is in her 32 weeks, kena diagnose with GD, so gynae told her to buy that blood test home kit, monitor her sugar level at home and eat a diabetic diet. If by the next checkup, her sugar level still high, she'll need to jab insulin
yah lor .. my #1 borderline aka exceed by 1 pt that is what i did .. diet control lesson + blood test kit to test blood every day every meal and exercise to control ..and lucky managed to control it so no insulin jab required

anyway, just wanna ask if you ladies experience these as well.. i'm not sure if it's because our uterus is moving upwards already but since yesterday i feel like baby is no longer resting low so now my lower part of tummy feels empty, almost flabby and then the top part will feel hard. This always happen in the morning.

Then as the day progress, i feel the top part cushiony as usual and the lower part of my tummy hardens. i'm 27 weeks today.
Feels so weird sometimes when i feel the lower part of my tummy become flabby.

doc nv say do other thing except cut sugar and carbo. But I very lazy lah, dun exercise at all =X even lunch i also drive out eat. Maybe i should go do some swimming. Hmm dunno if i can fit into my swim suit bo.

doc nv say do other thing except cut sugar and carbo. But I very lazy lah, dun exercise at all =X even lunch i also drive out eat. Maybe i should go do some swimming. Hmm dunno if i can fit into my swim suit bo.
yah so good .. no need prick finger everyday
...bikini sure can fit lolz

Uh oh I'm getting nervous for my glucose test too... mine's on 29 Oct, my dad n grandma had diabetics, dunno if that will predispose me to GD. Plus beanie has been craving for carbo from day 1. Stress!

wanted to take baby face photo at the gynae jus nw.but he turn and face backwards,so oni manage to capture a bit of his side view.

quite amazed by the speed tat he was turning wen gynae did the scan.

We can request to take baby face photo during scanning? Coz I taking in kkh and the staff doesn't seem v friendly n seem robotic.. can i request them for it? Thx

We can request to take baby face photo during scanning? Coz I taking in kkh and the staff doesn't seem v friendly n seem robotic.. can i request them for it? Thx

i did nt specifically request for face photo,but she just showed me his stomach,bladder,hands,etc..

and wanted to scan baby face for us to see.not sure how kkh works,but i m wt raffles hospital :)

u just request to see baby face and a picture if possible lah.think they will give one.

Back