(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Around 1% lor but that result is 99% accurate . If that is the only choice available then no choice but to do it ..

Actually come to think oscar quite waste of time.. Gynae should just push for harmony the 1st round ...
My gynae told me that in time to come, harmony will replace oscar cos of the accuracy. The only reason why it is still not as popular as oscar yet is because of the cost. The cost will come down eventually.

Wah I read some of your birth stories I v scared!!! :( Juz hope I have a smooth delivery....

I read about how dpi can hv long term side effects for the mummy. Is it true.... I can't imagine going without epi though....

Actually I think no epi ok. So long got laughing gas. No laughing gas no laughing matter

Hi.

The risk of yr bb hvg ds is slightly less than 1%. Risk of miscarriage for amniocentesis is 1 to 2%.

Accuracy for trisomy 21 in harmony test is 99%. This is as good as amniocentesis and without the risk of miscarriage. I read that yr concern is only trisomy 21 only and not trisomy 13 or 18. Moreover, yr placenta is in the way now (same as my younger sister when she was in week 13) and the chance for a safe amniocentesis is only in in 3 weeks time. If so, why dun u reconsider going for harmony test instead?

In any case, the cost of amniocentesis and harmony test is almost the same at $1300 or slightly more. Imo, i would go for the test without risk first. Shld the results come back with low risk, you are spared the fear of 1-2% miscarriage. If the results shows that the risk is still high, it is still not too late if u choose to get a double confirmation by doing cvs.

The point i want to make is that every bb is precious. If a small sum of $ can spare u the chance of losing a possibly healthy young life, why choose the risky way?

CVS can only be done in week 11-13 I am way beyond that.

I think we are here to get support and sharing experiences we shouldn't judge each other what procedure we are going with and jus be supportive? Sorry but i feel that u are judging me for going through invasive test. The baby is mine and It's as precious to me as well. If I have a choice do you think I will do it? My fetal measurement is bad for 2 scans so u think I have a choice where there is obvious sign?

Around 1% lor but that result is 99% accurate . If that is the only choice available then no choice but to do it ..

Actually come to think oscar quite waste of time.. Gynae should just push for harmony the 1st round ...
The gynae give us option so we took Oscar cos is cheaper didn't know will turn out not that good .. If not i also think should save Oscar $ and take harmony

The gynae give us option so we took Oscar cos is cheaper didn't know will turn out not that good .. If not i also think should save Oscar $ and take harmony
For me harmony is option not oscar but took both for peace of mind cos of my age Lolz bo pian 老牛Lolz

I think we are here to get support and sharing experiences we shouldn't judge each other what procedure we are going with and jus be supportive? Sorry but i feel that u are judging me for going through invasive test. The baby is mine and It's as precious to me as well. If I have a choice do you think I will do it? My fetal measurement is bad for 2 scans so u think I have a choice where there is obvious sign?
Babe .. I think she not judging you maybe wanna give you suggestion.. Becos we are all worried about your bb too ... We all hope you and bb are safe and sound... Don't think so much.. I know you are super worried so am i .. Just got to endure the waiting part.. And may the results for us will be good :)

What is CVS? So now cannot do harmony already? My Gynae told me to do oscar first too. Result no good then go for harmony. He said coz of the cost.

morning ladies, ya I saw the news about lin xiang pin also, she 3 mths also ah? the online news only say she announce her pregnancy.

I was talking to my ex colleague last Friday, she is around 5mth plus and her blood test for down syndrome is not good, she is going for another round of detail scan then amino test if the scan fail. Finger cross for her.

Good morning, momma.

I am sorry that you mistaken my intention. There was never an intention on my part to judge u.

In yr initial post, i found that there was a lot of similarities between yr case n my younger sister who is currently in her 19+ weeks. There was no mentioned that u had bad measurements on yr fetal scans and that u were well beyond the stage where cvs was an option. Hence, there was suggestions from other mtb and myself for non-invasive tests such as genetic testing with dr Ananda in Camden Medical and Harmony test.

I am only sharing the information on the Harmony test as many mtb are not aware of such new test n its accuracy. (Newest in the market should be the test from Parkway medical group). Often, many thought that amniocentesis is the only option after bad OSCAR results.

The experience and stories from my own family and few friends on OSCAR are not too fantastic. All of them have normal healthy babies and yet was given a mid to high risk results for OSCAR. One had bad NT measurement but turned out ok in the later part of the pregnancy. My sis n my friends went for either second opinions from different gynaes or opt for non invasive test as a 2nd check/ confirmation. Luckily, none of them had to do amniocentesis after that.

If u hv aldy tot thru and decide that amniocetesis is the best option, then go for it.

Today news Singapore actress lin xiang pin preggy 3 months. EDD should be in Jan 2015 too.
cos she kan jiong liao ...she 37 so when announced marriage plan in march... quickly begin baby planning
morning ladies, ya I saw the news about lin xiang pin also, she 3 mths also ah? the online news only say she announce her pregnancy.

I was talking to my ex colleague last Friday, she is around 5mth plus and her blood test for down syndrome is not good, she is going for another round of detail scan then amino test if the scan fail. Finger cross for her.
she got mentioned 12 wks and her hubby to be will rush out to buy food for her craving or control her food etc
5month plus means more than 20th weeks then do blood test abit late right ? unless she is not in singapore

What is CVS? So now cannot do harmony already? My Gynae told me to do oscar first too. Result no good then go for harmony. He said coz of the cost.
Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) is a prenatal test that detects chromosomal abnormalities such as Down syndrome, as well as a host of other genetic disorders.
http://www.babycenter.com/0_chorionic-villus-sampling-cvs_328.bc
can do or cannot do harmony test depend on which week you are in ..guess more gynae try to help patient save cost that is why harmony was given as an option bah

Lol...Pinkyspree,

Cos u are not old like me yet... hence, the option given for OSCAR instead of Harmony. My gynae advise me to do Harmony cos I am at higher risk at age 37. Plus I am an IVF case, so chances for abnormality is higher than natural pregnancy.

Babe .. I think she not judging you maybe wanna give you suggestion.. Becos we are all worried about your bb too ... We all hope you and bb are safe and sound... Don't think so much.. I know you are super worried so am i .. Just got to endure the waiting part.. And may the results for us will be good :)

Thanks for explaining on my behalf. :)

I hv a feel that things will turn out right for u. Regardless of yr religion, just pray for yr bb and for peace in yr heart now.

I find that I pray very often these days.... from the point i started my prep for ivf cycle to my bfp that came with bleeding and the subsequent weeks of reviews and scans if it is a normal and healthy pregnancy. It really helped.

Thanks PTB.. I was originally interested in harmony coz of the gender result so early on til I found the cost of it. If it's cheaper I'll definitely do it.

Can't wait til next appt w Gynae now. On Sunday my second son stepped on my tummy right in the middle .. He's so rough compared w my #1. I hope everything is ok.

So, i am not the only 老牛 here!:D
arh beh than :D :D i am the oldest cow here :D :D but still young at heart ok :D :D

Thanks PTB.. I was originally interested in harmony coz of the gender result so early on til I found the cost of it. If it's cheaper I'll definitely do it.

Can't wait til next appt w Gynae now. On Sunday my second son stepped on my tummy right in the middle .. He's so rough compared w my #1. I hope everything is ok.
yah i know the cost can be quite steep ... if not a must can dun do lah ...
my #1 also very rough... i have to constantly protect my tummy from his accidental kick ..and he like to elbow my breast damn tia ... but cant blame him cos he dunno ..but then on the other hand he seem to know cos i heard him tell my MIL , mei mei is in mummy's stomach woah ...

she got mentioned 12 wks and her hubby to be will rush out to buy food for her craving or control her food etc
5month plus means more than 20th weeks then do blood test abit late right ? unless she is not in singapore

Eh, I think she got her blood results earlier and went for a few other tests and results are not very good?
I was texting her, so din ask a lot. She mentioned about going to detail scan at Camden.

Any of you ladies bought anything for the baby, nursery or yourself?

I'm itching to buy something baby-related. Not interested in maternity wear. Something cute for the baby. Hahahaha.

I have been resisting durians. Since, you guys are eating them...I will buy and eat some too soon! :)

We are all young at heart la.... ;)

I dread going bk to work on next tuesday after 3 months break. Sigh....
wah 3 months break :eek: so shiok

I'm itching to buy something baby-related. Not interested in maternity wear. Something cute for the baby. Hahahaha.

I have been resisting durians. Since, you guys are eating them...I will buy and eat some too soon! :)

nope nothing for the baby yet ...only undergarment for myself ...clothes yet to go shopping :D cos still can fit
typical singaporean ..cannot resist durian :D :D but dun eat too much :D :D

Last edited:
I brought maternity pants, shorts and skirts, cos I can't fit into my normal pants.

I got a lot of hand-me-downs baby clothes from my colleague. :p

Think wun start shopping till end of 2nd / start of 3rd tri

Different gynae charge differently. My gynae charge $1300. My sis' gynae charge $2100.... of cos, in the end, my sis seeked 2nd opinion from my gynae on her OSCAR result.

She decided to go for harmony even though my gynae told her she can choose to skip actually cos her scan with him showed nasal bone, lips and acceptable NT.

If you are still young, gynae will not ask u to do harmony unless you opt for it.

I only bot maternity work clothes and under garments for myself. Will wait till week 20 for my detail scan before i buy anything for bb.

I took durian twice but do eat sparingly. Very high sugar level.

Yeah! My panorama result is out!... All low risk.... elated!! And my hubby is destined to be surrounded by the Queen and the princesses.... kekekeke

I also not so young liao... that's why go skip the oscar and go straight to panorama...

i will still go for the genetic scan with Dr Ananda due to my previous preggy

Yeah! My panorama result is out!... All low risk.... elated!! And my hubby is destined to be surrounded by the Queen and the princesses.... kekekeke
congrats :D :D next time we can share tips where to buy princess things :D

congrats :D :D next time we can share tips where to buy princess things :D

hahaha she will probably use most of my first born's stuff... hahaha... can think of name loh... its always a headache to think of the name... english and chinese...

wah 3 months break :eek: so shiok

nope nothing for myself or the baby yet ...
typical singaporean ..cannot resist durian :D :D but dun eat too much :D :D

First 8 weeks not shiok. I was bleeding and spotting badly from week 4 to week 5.5 and was on bedrest. Thereafter, worried if it is tubal pregnancy till i scan at week 6.5. Then bb development slow by 0.5 week in week 7 and dr say heartbeat a bit slow in week 8...

I only breathe properly at week 11 when dr says bb's growth caught up and things are looking good. So nothing much to envy la... just dread the pile of work waiting for me and thr train ride when i start next tuesday...

I also not so young liao... that's why go skip the oscar and go straight to panorama...

i will still go for the genetic scan with Dr Ananda due to my previous preggy
How old are you??? Now seem like me and PT are not the only 老牛 here! :D

hahaha she will probably use most of my first born's stuff... hahaha... can think of name loh... its always a headache to think of the name... english and chinese...
at least cost saving ..for me have to buy cos no choice ...
but come to think i quite scare to raise princess leh cos i very tomboy :D :D i dun really know all the girly stuff :D jialat

I brought maternity pants, shorts and skirts, cos I can't fit into my normal pants.

I got a lot of hand-me-downs baby clothes from my colleague. :p

Think wun start shopping till end of 2nd / start of 3rd tri

Same here. My normal trousers getting too tight already, so I bought maternity trousers, skirts and dresses for work.

Baby stuff wise, haven't gotten much but my sister already "chope" clothes, baby cot, and some other stuff from her sister in law for me... A lot of people advise not to buy too much baby clothes since they outgrow it very quickly.

Yesterday, hubby and I went to Mothercare to look see and I was totally overwhelmed by all the things we saw... and some of the prices. OMG.

Anyway, there will be a sale again in December right? Will prob stock up on the necessities then...

but come to think i quite scare to raise princess leh cos i very tomboy :D :D i dun really know all the girly stuff :D jialat

aiyoh... i also low maintenance one... my big ger also not very very girly la... but she is very sweet... helps that she is a very smiley and friendly girl... so everybody seems to love her... :p

Same here. My normal trousers getting too tight already, so I bought maternity trousers, skirts and dresses for work.

Baby stuff wise, haven't gotten much but my sister already "chope" clothes, baby cot, and some other stuff from her sister in law for me...

Yesterday, hubby and I went to Mothercare to look see and I was totally overwhelmed by all the things we saw... and some of the prices. OMG.

Anyway, there will be a sale again in December right? Will prob stock up on the necessities then...

frankly speaking hor ... most mommy wont shop at mothercare due to cost issue cos ... every single piece can add up alot and you could have got it elsewhere :D ... at least that is what i think

for me i will aim ... waterloo wholesaler & baby kingdom for home wear clothes.. go out ..gia gia clothes ..will be osh kosh / carters ship from USA :D

My dh is very bad... he say if confirm is princess, all things brand new. But if it is a boy, he will go ask friends for hand me down even though this is our first child!!! Arggghhh.

We more or less settle on christian name already. Chinese name will see date n time of birth and consult the FS master for suitable ones... dh is a banana... chinese cmi.

frankly speaking hor ... most mommy wont stop at mothercare due to cost issue cos ... every single piece can add up alot and you could have got it elsewhere :D ... at least that is what i think

for me i will aim ... waterloo wholesaler & baby kingdom for home wear clothes.. go out ..gia gia clothes ..will be osh kosh / carters ship from USA :D

me too... i nvr shop at mothercare cuz so ex even with sale?! That time I bought once from luvable babies but i find their material not lasting... for newborns hor, please buy more of the front button kind instead of the the rompers hor... rompers are good if your baby neck is more firm...

My dh is very bad... he say if confirm is princess, all things brand new. But if it is a boy, he will go ask friends for hand me down even though this is our first child!!! Arggghhh.

We more or less settle on christian name already. Chinese name will see date n time of birth and consult the FS master for suitable ones... dh is a banana... chinese cmi.

wah.... haven born... already daddy's girl hahaha...

wah why so biased :p so fast daddy's apple liao .. for me ...my hubby want me to start on bird nest so that her skin nice nice :D but i dun want to start so early :D beside there is not statistic that say it will definitely help too :D just eat for the sake of eating :D but pple do recommend soya milk ...princess wil be fair and pretty :D

me too... i nvr shop at mothercare cuz so ex even with sale?! That time I bought once from luvable babies but i find their material not lasting... for newborns hor, please buy more of the front button kind instead of the the rompers hor... rompers are good if your baby neck is more firm...
newborn also wear those string type like wrap skirt ...easy to take off and on :D. romper when 3months onward ok ... they look cute in it too :D

Dun worry. Me tomboy too!

Princess will hv a good balance. Tomboys will always know the limit in both girly n boyish stuff when raising our own daughters!;)

wah why so biased :p so fast daddy's apple liao .. for me ...my hubby want me to start on bird nest so that her skin nice nice :D but i dun want to start so early :D beside there is not statistic that say it will definitely help too :D just eat for the sake of eating :D but pple do recommend soya milk ...princess wil be fair and pretty :D

newborn also wear those string type like wrap skirt ...easy to take off and on :D. romper when 3months onward ok ... they look cute in it too :D
Go easy on soya... think doya contains estrogen... too much not good too...

Some people skip birdnest totally... say got bleach... do i dunno also...

Back