(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

This whole weekend I have been feeling sick. First with the sniffles, kept on sneezing the entire Sunday so spent the day resting. This AM thought I feel okay already then wanna go to work, but in the MRT started feeling cold sweat and achey bones. Managed to make it to pffice to sit down and rest... Now at the clinic waiting to see doc... Apparently fever/flu in first trimester can be bad for the fetus, so everyone pls take care and don't be garang like me...

Hi Mummies,

This is my second pregnancy. My EDD is Jan 8th. My son is currently 19th months. Looking forward to more conversations through our pregnancy... :)

Please add me on FB - [email protected] if this group already has a page.

Thank you!!

Hey gals
How do we engage confinement lady? What do we ask them? Payment is at the end of service or ?
Find one CL that was recommended by relatives/friends. Call them direct, they will probably asked for EDD, planned C-sect date and/or no of siblings, job scope, working location, costs involved. most will asked for some deposit $200-$300 to secure booking, others said will take note of dates. None will accept in full before confinement starts. Fully payment after end of confinement, CL also expects start and end work ang bao ...

if you have special requests like you are going to be 100% breastfeeding your child, you like your CL to cook extra for DH or anything else... please tell her in advance...

Hihi my last pregnancy I did.. Like on the train though I was seated down I felt very breathless.. & very uncomfortable.. But after a while it goes away.. I thought it was due to the crowd on the train (like too many ppl so no air) .. So i didnt chk with my doc then.. Perhaps u can call the clinic just to check if u shld move your appointment forward just to be safe?

Wasnt able to move my appt, but like you said.
this breathlessness comes and goes.
But will surely be asking my gynae, when I visit her this thursday.

Was it a cause of concern for you last time?

Wasnt able to move my appt, but like you said.
this breathlessness comes and goes.
But will surely be asking my gynae, when I visit her this thursday.

Was it a cause of concern for you last time?

As it comes & goes so I didnt ask my gynae about it.. Most times I think its because I forgot to ask.. & bb was growing well.. When u chk with ur gynae.. Do share what she says.. I always wondered if that breathlessness is normal.. Meanwhile take care & look forward to seeing ur beanie :) my next appt still a looong way to go..

As it comes & goes so I didnt ask my gynae about it.. Most times I think its because I forgot to ask.. & bb was growing well.. When u chk with ur gynae.. Do share what she says.. I always wondered if that breathlessness is normal.. Meanwhile take care & look forward to seeing ur beanie :) my next appt still a looong way to go..
I've read online it is because our hearts have to work extra, during pregnancy. This leads to breatlessness or palpitations.

But yeah, i'll be asking my gyane on thursday and share it with u :)

For now, just can't wait to see a kicking and moving baby during my 12th week scan :D

I've read online it is because our hearts have to work extra, during pregnancy. This leads to breatlessness or palpitations.

But yeah, i'll be asking my gyane on thursday and share it with u :)

For now, just can't wait to see a kicking and moving baby during my 12th week scan :D
but that only happen in 3rd tri when the bb get bigger ..

have fun with your 12th week scan ...had mine yesterday ... not a co-operative fellow... need to tap my tummy a few time to make it turn to the desire position ... but before the sonographer can click and print ...it change position again ..so got to try and error and be faster to take the scan

but that only happen in 3rd tri when the bb get bigger ..

have fun with your 12th week scan ...had mine yesterday ... not a co-operative fellow... need to tap my tummy a few time to make it turn to the desire position ... but before the sonographer can click and print ...it change position again ..so got to try and error and be faster to take the scan

oh is it?
i guess, it'll be fun to watch the tossing and turning and match our speeds with the lil one :)

Hi mummies!

I'm new here. 11 weeks liao! Exciting times... Finally gg to end the first trimester and hopefully the morning sickness will go away~~~

where did you do your harmony test? and how much did you pay please?

i did my harmony test at my gynae's clinic ie ACJ at thomas medical Centre . i paid $1.3K excluding GST .

did it on monday together with OSCAR ... so now have to wait 2-3 wks for Harmony result

actually when can we announce ah? after 12 weeks or 14 weeks?
i announced at 6th weeks lolz so it is up to individual ...reason being , so that others know what is going on if i cant do anything etc or not feeling well etc

How come u choose to do both Oscar and Harmony scan? Thought both scans are quite similar...
my gynae suggested both to me . i did asked aint they the same and can i just do one ...but her recommendation is to do both due to my maternal age and also oscar is now commonly used for screen other abnormalities and harmony is more on DS cos of the high accuracy rate so i did both for peace of mind lolz ...

i believe harmony is still optional not a must ..so really up to individual

my gynae suggested both to me . i did asked aint they the same and can i just do one ...but her recommendation is to do both due to my maternal age and also oscar is now commonly used for screen other abnormalities and harmony is more on DS cos of the high accuracy rate so i did both for peace of mind lolz ...

Thanks for sharing. How much is the Harmony test?

Hi Mummies,

i am new here.

my edd is 17th of Jan.
please add me in FB. [email protected]

can i check how much did you all paid for OSCAR test, i am doing mine next week.

my OSCAR + 20th week scan package cost me $495.40 at Thomson Medical Centre

Thanks for sharing. How much is the Harmony test?
you are welcome...this forum is all about sharing information :) ... i paid $1.3K before GST for harmony at my gynae's clinic aka ACJ

i announced at 6th weeks lolz so it is up to individual ...reason being , so that others know what is going on if i cant do anything etc or not feeling well etc

how old are you?

my gynae quoted me 2k plus for the test. yours is still quite alright.

you are welcome...this forum is all about sharing information :) ... i paid $1.3K before GST for harmony at my gynae's clinic aka ACJ

I'm also taking the package at TMC and doing my Oscar next week. Do we pay directly to TMC or pay at the Clinic??

actually when can we announce ah? after 12 weeks or 14 weeks?

I think it's entirely up to your own comfort level when you want to announce, I told my family, close friends and colleagues and also my bosses between 8-9 weeks, but the rest I probably wont mention until 12 weeks. However, if ppl do ask me, I'll tell them the truth lah. I don't have a lot of symptoms like MS all this, so not many ppl are asking anyway... :)

I'm also taking the package at TMC and doing my Oscar next week. Do we pay directly to TMC or pay at the Clinic??

I think it's entirely up to your own comfort level when you want to announce, I told my family, close friends and colleagues and also my bosses between 8-9 weeks, but the rest I probably wont mention until 12 weeks. However, if ppl do ask me, I'll tell them the truth lah. I don't have a lot of symptoms like MS all this, so not many ppl are asking anyway... :)

you pay TMC directly .

so good ...is this your 1st pregnancy ? i think 1st pregnancy .. MS is minimum ... but when it come to 2nd my gosh ... it is like revenge :D ...my MS is only starting to get better ...so looking forward to no more MS

seem like $2k is a norm ..based on what i read on forums

old lor ...if i married early at the legal age :D some of you would have been my daughter lor :D :D

i am 40 this year ..this pregnancy is an unplanned jackpot :D

gong xi gong xi ni :)

you pay TMC directly .

so good ...is this your 1st pregnancy ? i think 1st pregnancy .. MS is minimum ... but when it come to 2nd my gosh ... it is like revenge :D ...my MS is only starting to get better ...so looking forward to no more MS

Yeah, FTM here, not much MS, only occasional bout of nausea and bloated feeling. What's the age gap between ur 1st and 2nd baby?

Hi All,

I'm new here. I'm 11 weeks and EDD is 23rd Jan. I'm with NUH subsidized now. Will opt for private package at week 22.
Still considering Dr Chua Tse Meng, Dr Su Lin Lin or Dr Citra Mattar.

Add me at the FB page: [email protected] :)

If u rmbr your first born has not much MS, looks like you are having a boy this round...:) my guess....
my 1st born hardly any MS but this one ...it is taking revenge ...MS to the fullest ... i tot there is some statistic that say MS terrible it is girl lolz so why do you say it is a boy ... of course not that i mind girl or boy...as long as they are healthy i am ok ...

anyway i will know in 2-3wks time when the harmony result is back lolz ...

this is my first pregnancy

i am alittle confuse over gestational age and lmp.
it states that baby's gestational age is 12w 4days but lmp is 11w 5 days.

can someone pls enlighten me.

thank you

this is my first pregnancy

i am alittle confuse over gestational age and lmp.
it states that baby's gestational age is 12w 4days but lmp is 11w 5 days.

can someone pls enlighten me.

thank you

Last Menses Date is just an indication,unless you keep track of your ovulation date and the implantation date...

if your baby gestational age is > than LMP...no cause of concern... cuz 1) you may have gotten the LMD wrong or 2) your baby is growing well...

my 1st born hardly any MS but this one ...it is taking revenge ...MS to the fullest ... i tot there is some statistic that say MS terrible it is girl lolz so why do you say it is a boy ... of course not that i mind girl or boy...as long as they are healthy i am ok ...

anyway i will know in 2-3wks time when the harmony result is back lolz ...

haha I know ... because my first born is girl I was having terrible MS till 20 weeks My 2nd pregnancy, MS was pretty mild, was a boy...this 3rd one, I cant say its the same as 2nd one but its not as bad as the first pregnancy so my guess is a BOY?! We will see ba... kekeke

haha I know ... because my first born is girl I was having terrible MS till 20 weeks My 2nd pregnancy, MS was pretty mild, was a boy...this 3rd one, I cant say its the same as 2nd one but its not as bad as the first pregnancy so my guess is a BOY?! We will see ba... kekeke

well kate middleton had really bad MS until need to check in hospital also a boy so ... let's see how true the statistic is lolz ...

another old folk's tales is the bb heartbeat ... girl higher rate ..so :D let's prove these myth wrong lolz

Back