IVF/ICSI Support Group

Portia, sorry to hear of your news. Me sprinkle and blow lots of bb dust your way. May they stick stick stick and help yr beanies stick to u when u do yr nx cycle. *Hugs*

After reading yr post, I must say I have been thinking after my BFP how come I'm so lucky. Cos Back in 2011 when I did my fresh cycle, I was 34 going 35 and my hub was 42. Not young by any standards. I do get cold feet and hands sometimes. Diet wise, I eat the normal 3 meals (more meat than veg type). I've come to a conclusion that perhaps we chose the correct dr/embryologist from the start. I'm thankful to dr Loh and his team of embryologists in KKH. Perhaps the laparoscopy he did for me in early 2011 helped clean up my womb for easy implantation (we wanted to try naturally b4 trying ivf and the hsg showed I might hv blocked tubes). Or the short protocol he ordered for me helped get the # of embryos for this to work. He also decided for us our ivf date else we may dilly dally n delay ivf. On hindsight, he fixed a date for us cos he was gonna leave KKH but it worked well for us. l never know for sure what r the success factors but am thankful nonetheless. As for tcm, what I've learnt from tan sb was that for fet, if our womb lining is not ready by d12-13 scan, best to abort the cycle. Cos even if the dr increase the dosage, our timing would be off. So I went for my 1st FET scan with the mentality that if my lining is not optimal, I will abort. Luckily it was 9.3mm triple (pass the 8mm mark required by KKH), so I went ahead n BFP now. I also got to see Dr Sadhana just 1 week after I called to start my fet process. I thought I might hv to wait 1 or 2 mths to get an appt. So perhaps such signs signal to us whether to proceed or kiv a cycle. Hope other BFP sisters can share their secret of successes with all of u so that there will be more BFPs in this thread!

Btw, if u have time, u may wanna read the old posts to gain insights. I found myself reading 2004 posts during my free time n gained some insights what pp do to BFP. Hee... Prob don't hv to start from 2004 but u get the idea :) I can identify with the emotions and issues faced by the ladies even though the posts were 10 yrs old! Wish u all successes!!

Vivine, the nurse told me to expect the call between 1-4pm depending on the workload of the lab technicians. I received the call at noon. For my fresh cycle, I got the call at 11+am.

Hope2bb, Tks! since your menses are regular, natural fet will work better for u. Less drugs to take. My menses is irregular so dr told me to do medicated.

Bb grin, Tks! Hope dhea will help u strike in the coming mths.

Meiling, my case similar to everylittlethings. Did a fresh cycle in 2011. Had 10 mature eggs but only 4 fertilised. Put 2 embryos in and BFP. My boy is 20 mths now. Did a medicated fet last mth and thawed my balance 2 embryos. Both survived thaw and BFP. The key things I did was take red date tea, red bean soup and wear socks daily. U can see more details in my mon posts. My husband didn't take any medication and had to use frozen sample as he was travelling when we did the fresh cycle. Everylittlethings listed the stuff she did too. Food she took, tcm etc so u can see her post 2-3 weeks ago for details. Believe her blog will hv details too.

For sisters with only a few fertilised embryos, don't despair. Only need 1 beanie to stick each cycle. Have faith!

Vivine, tan1109, all the best for your coming BT this week.

Thank you pumpkin_pie. I hope for the best prepare for worst.....

So anxious :( one more day to go

Hi Ladies,

It is officially over for me this round. :_(

AF came at full force (unexpectedly cos I usually have a 35 days cycle. I think the IVF process must have altered the cycle quite a bit.). BT is negative. I won't be posting very much over the next few days. Need the time to try to sort out my emotions before gettig back to work and plan for the next step.

I would appreciate if you ladies (especially those who had BFP) can share your experience on your diet, supplements, alternative treatments (TCM, acupunture) with me so that I can prepare myself better should I decide to go on the next round.

Pumpkin_pie: Congratulations on your BFP. I am very happy for you. Please sprinkle some of your precious bb dust my way. Hopefully, I will be luckier in my next round of trying with your dust magic!

ViVine: I wish you all the very best in you upcoming BT. And in a good way, I hope that I will never have to see you in this thread again... I pray that you will get the BFP that I did not get and 'graduate' to the other 'mummy and pregnant' threads on this forum. Best of luck!

Hi portia3, so sorry to hear the news. I feel sad too....
It is a tough for all of us here, we have lots of bravery and strength to go through ups and downs.
I recall my way I have gone through so far, I took Chinese med more than half a year and I spent a few months to do exercise to build up my body before starting ivf. I also tried ACu, plus the long protocol injection, I just can't remember how many poles left on my body. I have to bear it.... I am not sure whether it works or not,I only have one goal, that is max my chance of ivf within my limit.
I have mentally preparation, I can only hope for the best and prepare for the worst, no matter how , life still have to live on ......
So portia3, just be strong and build up your body .Try again next round ....
Just want to let you know ,you are not alone in this journey ,
You have all sisters' support here.

Congrats pumpkin pie.

Af came right on the dot as my cycle is regular. So didn't need to do BT afterall. How long does the body need to rest before starting the next cycle? Natural vs medicated FET, which is better?
Hi Hope2bb nxt cycle cannot be medicated if your current one was medicated but u can try naturally; my gynea said they will never do medicated cycle simultaneously ; they want the meds to wash off ; can do medicated after nxt AF

Hi Sonia, thanks for your reply. No wonder doc asked me to rest 1 month and try natural FET in March.

Saw a patient in the clinic today with twins : 1 boy 1 girl. Instead of hopeful, I feel depressed. Sigh...not that I'm not happy for them as they totally deserved the beautiful babies having gone through 4 cycles. Will try to pick myself up again and hopefully be able to cycle soon.

Hi Sonia, thanks for your reply. No wonder doc asked me to rest 1 month and try natural FET in March.

Saw a patient in the clinic today with twins : 1 boy 1 girl. Instead of hopeful, I feel depressed. Sigh...not that I'm not happy for them as they totally deserved the beautiful babies having gone through 4 cycles. Will try to pick myself up again and hopefully be able to cycle soon.
I understand it's very painful I have gone thru this ; we tried for 6 yrs before we had our daughter who is 2.5 now; I completely changed as a person; n tats wen I picked up running; it actually saved me from becoming a complete wreck
Hang in there n keep trying we are here to support you!

Vivine, the nurse told me to expect the call between 1-4pm depending on the workload of the lab technicians. I received the call at noon. For my fresh cycle, I got the call at 11+am.

Hope2bb, Tks! since your menses are regular, natural fet will work better for u. Less drugs to take. My menses is irregular so dr told me to do medicated.

Bb grin, Tks! Hope dhea will help u strike in the coming mths.

Meiling, my case similar to everylittlethings. Did a fresh cycle in 2011. Had 10 mature eggs but only 4 fertilised. Put 2 embryos in and BFP. My boy is 20 mths now. Did a medicated fet last mth and thawed my balance 2 embryos. Both survived thaw and BFP. The key things I did was take red date tea, red bean soup and wear socks daily. U can see more details in my mon posts. My husband didn't take any medication and had to use frozen sample as he was travelling when we did the fresh cycle. Everylittlethings listed the stuff she did too. Food she took, tcm etc so u can see her post 2-3 weeks ago for details. Believe her blog will hv details too.

For sisters with only a few fertilised embryos, don't despair. Only need 1 beanie to stick each cycle. Have faith!

Vivine, tan1109, all the best for your coming BT this week.

hi pumpkin_pie : can i ask where u get to buy red date tea? or u boil urself?

Good morning ladies~~~

Is it ok to consume red dates tea everyday? i intend to add logans and wolfberries...

Will it be too heaty to drink everyday?

I used to be a silent reader of this thread in 2011-12 when I went through the hardest period in my life. I can only find support and comfort when I came to this forum, as only ladies here understand my feeling.
This is my story:
I started ttc in 2007, went for check up in 2008 and found out that my dh has very low sperm count of only 0.8m. Both of us started seeing Dr Tan Kian Seng in 2009. Did 3 rounds of iui in 2010 but all failed. Finally went to see Dr Loh and started my IVF in 2011. To my dismay, we encountered another problem – I have low reserve. I tried 2 IVFs when Dr Loh was still with KKH, long and short protocol. I had 4 jabs daily for my short protocol. Both times, I yield only 1 egg and transferred only 1 embryo. Both cycles failed.
Dr Loh suggested natural IVF for me before he left KK. I did not follow him to Thomson due to cost concern. I tried natural IVF for about 5-6 times in KK under Dr Sadhana and for each cycle, I did not manage to proceed to ER phase as I always ovulated before ER. Feeling so disappointed, I went to see Dr Loh and I finally succeeded. I gave birth last year and I am blessed with a cute baby boy.
Looking back, the ttc journey was so tough. I cried after each failed cycle, after I had spotting, after AF reported. I feel so jealous when I saw pregnant women on street. I even kept a distance from my friend who got pregnant when I failed my iui/ivf.
Ladies, the journey is tough but don’t give up. I will share here what I have done 1 year before I got pregnant.
Please focus on improving your health – quality of eggs and a good womb are very important.
After I failed my 2nd IVF, I did a detox to clear the chemical before I started supplements and TCM treatment. Below is what I ate/did 1 year before my successful cycle:
· Take immunocal 5x a week
· Take conceive-well, CQ10 (150mg) daily.
· Red dates tea at least 5 times a week.
· Red bean soup before ovulation to thicken the lining
· 2-3 pieces of Brazil nuts daily
· Home made chicken essence weekly
· Accupuncture with Dr Zhao of Raffles Hospital before ovulation. ( I took her med for 2 cycles only)
· Soak my feet in warm water before I went to sleep (as advised by Dr Zhao)
· Wear socks to sleep.
· Avoid liang food, tea, cold drinks, alcohol. Cut down on coffee
· Reiki Healing with Md Valencia Tan (yes, I am so desperate)
· Fertility yoga (recommended by a sister here who succeeded in her 1st natural IVF)
· A lot of praying (temples, Novena church)
· Hubby was more cooperative after 2 failed cycle. He went to see Dr Tan Kian Seng every week diligently.
For my successful cycle, I went back to work 2 days after ET but took leave during implantation days (d5-7 post ET). I wear tummy warmer when at home. As I have failed so many times, I did not pin much hope for that cycle. I did not look for symptoms and think too much. Working is also a good distraction. When I was at home, I read my favourite books and watch comedy. To my surprise, I succeeded. When I look at my baby nowadays, I still couldn’t believe it.
Ladies, jia you.

I used to be a silent reader of this thread in 2011-12 when I went through the hardest period in my life. I can only find support and comfort when I came to this forum, as only ladies here understand my feeling.
This is my story:
I started ttc in 2007, went for check up in 2008 and found out that my dh has very low sperm count of only 0.8m. Both of us started seeing Dr Tan Kian Seng in 2009. Did 3 rounds of iui in 2010 but all failed. Finally went to see Dr Loh and started my IVF in 2011. To my dismay, we encountered another problem – I have low reserve. I tried 2 IVFs when Dr Loh was still with KKH, long and short protocol. I had 4 jabs daily for my short protocol. Both times, I yield only 1 egg and transferred only 1 embryo. Both cycles failed.
Dr Loh suggested natural IVF for me before he left KK. I did not follow him to Thomson due to cost concern. I tried natural IVF for about 5-6 times in KK under Dr Sadhana and for each cycle, I did not manage to proceed to ER phase as I always ovulated before ER. Feeling so disappointed, I went to see Dr Loh and I finally succeeded. I gave birth last year and I am blessed with a cute baby boy.
Looking back, the ttc journey was so tough. I cried after each failed cycle, after I had spotting, after AF reported. I feel so jealous when I saw pregnant women on street. I even kept a distance from my friend who got pregnant when I failed my iui/ivf.
Ladies, the journey is tough but don’t give up. I will share here what I have done 1 year before I got pregnant.
Please focus on improving your health – quality of eggs and a good womb are very important.
After I failed my 2nd IVF, I did a detox to clear the chemical before I started supplements and TCM treatment. Below is what I ate/did 1 year before my successful cycle:
· Take immunocal 5x a week
· Take conceive-well, CQ10 (150mg) daily.
· Red dates tea at least 5 times a week.
· Red bean soup before ovulation to thicken the lining
· 2-3 pieces of Brazil nuts daily
· Home made chicken essence weekly
· Accupuncture with Dr Zhao of Raffles Hospital before ovulation. ( I took her med for 2 cycles only)
· Soak my feet in warm water before I went to sleep (as advised by Dr Zhao)
· Wear socks to sleep.
· Avoid liang food, tea, cold drinks, alcohol. Cut down on coffee
· Reiki Healing with Md Valencia Tan (yes, I am so desperate)
· Fertility yoga (recommended by a sister here who succeeded in her 1st natural IVF)
· A lot of praying (temples, Novena church)
· Hubby was more cooperative after 2 failed cycle. He went to see Dr Tan Kian Seng every week diligently.
For my successful cycle, I went back to work 2 days after ET but took leave during implantation days (d5-7 post ET). I wear tummy warmer when at home. As I have failed so many times, I did not pin much hope for that cycle. I did not look for symptoms and think too much. Working is also a good distraction. When I was at home, I read my favourite books and watch comedy. To my surprise, I succeeded. When I look at my baby nowadays, I still couldn’t believe it.
Ladies, jia you.
Hi bs1970, I am also seeing tan kian Seng. Did his tcm help yr hubby??? Did yr hubby eat fish maw??

Hi bs1970, thanks for sharing your story. May I know what protocol(long or short) and jabs did you do for your successful ivf cycle? And how many eggs were retrieved?

I succeeded through natural ivf. Took med (cant rem the name) on d2-6, d7 i was given puregon and anothrr jab to prevent ovulation. After that, er and et. Retrieve 2 eggs and transferred 2 grade 2 embryo. My best results so far.

I succeeded through natural ivf. Took med (cant rem the name) on d2-6, d7 i was given puregon and anothrr jab to prevent ovulation. After that, er and et. Retrieve 2 eggs and transferred 2 grade 2 embryo. My best results so far.

Which grade of embryo is good? highest is 5 right? So if it is even 1 or 2, chances still the same?

Bs1970, thank you for sharing your story. Feel so happy that all your efforts and perseverance had paid off!

Blessedzn, I bought the packet type from supermarket for this cycle. Instructions say to drink 2-3 packets daily so I did that. Other than that, just drank warm water. No other beverage. I also abstained from cold drinks for past 1-2 mths (I don't drink much cold stuff anyway). Took bottled chicken essence daily prior to ET too. For red date tea, I have also brewed at home for earlier cycle. Bought the red dates from Chinese medicine shops.

bs1970, so there is a jab to prevent ovulation for natural ivf. Thats good to know. Wonder why dr Sadhana did not use this jab while you were doing natural ivf, wasted so many of your cycles. What is the dosage for your puregon? Sorry for the many question. :p

Btw, my Tcm tsb mentioned b4 that bottled chicken essence is too sweet cos they add caramel. But I took it anyway cos she didn't give me any herbs prior to ET (cos I saw her too late)

bs1970, so there is a jab to prevent ovulation for natural ivf. Thats good to know. Wonder why dr Sadhana did not use this jab while you were doing natural ivf, wasted so many of your cycles. What is the dosage for your puregon? Sorry for the many question. :p
I'm also seeing dr Sadhana at KK

At thomson, grade 1 embryo is the best. Ladies, natural ivf is only suitable for pple with low ovarian reserves who do not respond well to jabs

Mrs cheng - a few BT done at d2 give doctors an indication of ovarian reserves. In any case, if there is a low ovarian reserve issue your doctor will let you know. So sometimes no news is good news.

The grading refers to how the embryo looks. But sometimes a good looking embbie may not stick but a moderate rating one may succeed. It's all in God's hands.

Perhaps on day it can be called in-vitro pregnancy but for now science can only confirm success up to the stage of fertilisation. :)

Vivine, tsb gave me herbs to take for post ET. Told me to take day after ET, 5 packets of herbs for 10 days. After that, no more herbs. My nx appt with her is supposed to be nx fri. But if pregnant, she told me to just walk in to see her tmr. She will usually prescribe some herbs 'an tai' medicine monthly once pregnant. For my 1st pregnancy, I saw her monthly till delivery. I usu go for monthly gynae check-up, followed by visit to see her on the same day. Her 'an tai medicine' are very mild type like orange peel etc and taste sweet compared to those she gave during ivf which are pretty bitter. I know she prescribe herbs prior to ET (to build up lining) and post ET (to aid implantation) for an ivf cycle.

@ron8129

Oh. Hope my ovarian position is normal, not too low...

So no matter what grade, it still depends if it is sticky enough...

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Vivine, tsb gave me herbs to take for post ET. Told me to take day after ET, 5 packets of herbs for 10 days. After that, no more herbs. My nx appt with her is supposed to be nx fri. But if pregnant, she told me to just walk in to see her tmr. She will usually prescribe some herbs 'an tai' medicine monthly once pregnant. For my 1st pregnancy, I saw her monthly till delivery. I usu go for monthly gynae check-up, followed by visit to see her on the same day. Her 'an tai medicine' are very mild type like orange peel etc and taste sweet compared to those she gave during ivf which are pretty bitter. I know she prescribe herbs prior to ET (to build up lining) and post ET (to aid implantation) for an ivf cycle.

Oh I see. Thank you.

At thomson, grade 1 embryo is the best. Ladies, natural ivf is only suitable for pple with low ovarian reserves who do not respond well to jabs
@bs1970 I also have low ovarian reserve. My first ivf ended at ER because no egg was retrieved. But not sure why doc never mentioned about natural ivf when I went for consultation. Is there any criteria for natural ivf? Such as ovulation? To be honest, I still don't know if I am ovulating every month. The test kit is expensive so I use it only when I "feel" that I might be ovulating, by observing mucus and basal temp, but my temp is very inconsistent and does not show a surge for a few days consecutively.

@Babygrin , who is your doc? Check with him.in your next visit. Not every doc will suggest natural ivf cos it is a more tedious process but dr loh and dr sadhana are vrry supportive.
Hi, you can buy those cheap ovulation test kit online. I ovulate every month

Back