IVF/ICSI Support Group

Vivine, I bought 5 sticks. So just spread the testing out. Haha..
I ate normally during the whole period, even the 2ww.
I feel slight bloatness and burping daily starting day after ET. Felt some odd twitching in my tummy on 1-2 occasion in the 1st week. Felt a little dizzy once in 1st week. I don't hv all these symptoms normally. On 9dp3dt, the burping intensified which I recall could be my pregnancy symptom. That's y I tested earlier. Originally planned to test 11dp. In 2nd week, I had af feeling 2-3 times so went to toilet to make sure no spotting/af. Lucky no af. That's all my symptoms. Burping was the most obvious for me

For my 1st BFP, I had no symptoms. Perhaps I wasn't so aware of my body then. But I really don't recall any symptoms. No bloatness or burping. My burping started in the later part of 1st trimester. So don't worry if u hv no symptoms. Can still BFP!

Pumpkin_pie , you got monitor your temperature during 2 ww as well ?
I read online that the base temp should stay very high if pregnant.....
My base temp is 36.5 only. Not high enough .... Worrying
Think of trying to test tomo, any brand of pregnant kit recommend sister ?
Is it possible test positive at home but turn out negative in BT?
Bcos the med would affect the result.

I have read online that the hcg shots might stay in your body as long as 14 days so if you test during the 14 days it might result in a false positive.

I have read online that the hcg shots might stay in your body as long as 14 days so if you test during the 14 days it might result in a false positive.

Understood . Tomo is my 14dp2dt, so the hcg effect should be gone right? Just wonder that my temp is not hight enough
Worrying :(

Should be gone by then. I'm thinking of starting to test on Thursday morning. Keeping fingers crossed.

Not sure about temps though as I didn't keep track this cycle. Thought too much medication might affect the temps as well.

Should be gone by then. I'm thinking of starting to test on Thursday morning. Keeping fingers crossed.

Not sure about temps though as I didn't keep track this cycle. Thought too much medication might affect the temps as well.

When is your BT? How was your mid phase BT result. ? Let us pray for each other and other sisters

Hormone levels dropped but still in the acceptable range. Hopefully my 2 beans are surviving.

My BT will be on Saturday. Damn worried since I had AF cramps yesterday.

Pumpkin_pie , you got monitor your temperature during 2 ww as well ?
I read online that the base temp should stay very high if pregnant.....
My base temp is 36.5 only. Not high enough .... Worrying
Think of trying to test tomo, any brand of pregnant kit recommend sister ?
Is it possible test positive at home but turn out negative in BT?
Bcos the med would affect the result.

Vivine, I did monitor body temp during my 1st fresh BFP cyle, yes, when pregnant, the basal temp will remain high

Hi all, I did my BT early this morning at 7.30am. Just got a call from the kkivf nurse to confirm my pregnancy. Beta count 1087 at D18 post ET. Spreading bb dust to all who are in 2ww, in the midst of cycle or starting cycle soon in feb/mar! JY!

Congrat!!!!
So happy for you and grabbing your baby dust.

Hormone levels dropped but still in the acceptable range. Hopefully my 2 beans are surviving.

My BT will be on Saturday. Damn worried since I had AF cramps yesterday.

There is still hope.
I can understand your feeling . Because I have same feeling as you. Good luck to both of us and other sisters.

Dear sisters, this is a wonderful cny gift and I'm very thankful for the positive outcome. Will pray hard that my bb dust will spread n stick onto u gals for your coming cycle and BTs. *hugs*

Vivine, I didn't test my body temp during 2ww. No discipline... So can't share temp results with u. I just buy house brands like guardian n watsons. Worked well for me. My frens prefer more accurate ones like clearblue. I read a few sisters tested early like d5 to confirm meds hv left their body n got a -ve. But I've not done research on this area myself. Think it shld be safe to test after luteal period of 14 days hv passed.

Hello Ladies, I will be going for my 1st ivf once my menses for this month starts.

Been trying for about 1 yr plus to 2. Tried tcm for a few months, doc said i cold womb, hubby no problem. Ate med for a few months but like no effect. Menses still irregular etc.

So decided to visit kkh early last year. Went thru tests and scannings. No blocked tube, nothing wrong with me. Hubby low sperm counts. Doc do suspect i might not be ovulating. Took 3 cycle of clomid but also no results. So we decided to go for ivf.

Just wanna checked if anyone whose hubby have low sperm count have successful ivf?

Before ivf, what are the preparation needed to get our body ready?

Btw, my hubby smokes, asked him to quit also cannot, he only cut down his intake only.

Cousin recommended me to eat gnc prenatal supplements. I only started eating on sunday.

Thanks in advanced!

- Meiling

Hi every body I'm new here
Currently on 4th day if Puregon jab; doing IUI this month
Glad to join this forum !
I hv a bb gurl 2.5 yrs conceived through IUI after several failed ivf and iui and a miscarriage
I am now trying for second child

Vivine, I think you shd continue with the support cos you are considered PUPO. Of cos can have breakfast before your BT. :)

Vivien: I asked my nurse when I went for the mid luteal BT. She said no need to do the inserts. If beta come out to be positive then need to do it. Not sure about your clinic. You should call and ask.

Vivien: I asked my nurse when I went for the mid luteal BT. She said no need to do the inserts. If beta come out to be positive then need to do it. Not sure about your clinic. You should call and ask.

Oh thank you for your info. , I will call the clinic on thur.

Hello Ladies, I will be going for my 1st ivf once my menses for this month starts.

Been trying for about 1 yr plus to 2. Tried tcm for a few months, doc said i cold womb, hubby no problem. Ate med for a few months but like no effect. Menses still irregular etc.

So decided to visit kkh early last year. Went thru tests and scannings. No blocked tube, nothing wrong with me. Hubby low sperm counts. Doc do suspect i might not be ovulating. Took 3 cycle of clomid but also no results. So we decided to go for ivf.

Just wanna checked if anyone whose hubby have low sperm count have successful ivf?

Before ivf, what are the preparation needed to get our body ready?

Btw, my hubby smokes, asked him to quit also cannot, he only cut down his intake only.

Cousin recommended me to eat gnc prenatal supplements. I only started eating on sunday.

Thanks in advanced!

- Meiling

Hi mrs Cheng
My hb had low sperm count
After several failed iui and ivf we got preg wif iui
He had to stop a particular meds he was on which increased the sperm quality
We hv a daughter 2.5 yrs old n now trying for second one

Dear sisters, this is a wonderful cny gift and I'm very thankful for the positive outcome. Will pray hard that my bb dust will spread n stick onto u gals for your coming cycle and BTs. *hugs*

Vivine, I didn't test my body temp during 2ww. No discipline... So can't share temp results with u. I just buy house brands like guardian n watsons. Worked well for me. My frens prefer more accurate ones like clearblue. I read a few sisters tested early like d5 to confirm meds hv left their body n got a -ve. But I've not done research on this area myself. Think it shld be safe to test after luteal period of 14 days hv passed.
Hi pumpkin pie congratulations !!! Ans thanks for sharing ! Welcome all new comers
Gigi

Vivine, I took progestrone insert after my morning BT. Mainly cos i had no time b4 BT. Same for Breakfast, took it after BT cos no time prior. But no harm doing both b4 BT cos we are not asked to fast.

Mrscheng and Sonia, welcome!

Mrscheng, my hubby has low sperm count too. Like what some sisters say, Ivf takes away the male infertility cos only a few good sperms are needed to fertilise our eggs. I also hv irregular menses n dr suspect no ovulation. No worries cos the drs will put us on the necessary jabs/medication for ivf to work.

Iwantahealthybb, bb journey and Gigi, Tks!
Hope we'll get to hear more good news this week to lift our spirits and spread bb dust!

Vivine, I took progestrone insert after my morning BT. Mainly cos i had no time b4 BT. Same for Breakfast, took it after BT cos no time prior. But no harm doing both b4 BT cos we are not asked to fast.

Mrscheng, my hubby has low sperm count too. Like what some sisters say, Ivf takes away the male infertility cos only a few good sperms are needed to fertilise our eggs. I also hv irregular menses n dr suspect no ovulation. No worries cos the drs will put us on the necessary jabs/medication for ivf to work.

Hope we'll get to hear more good news this week to lift our spirits and spread bb dust!

Thank you for your reply pumpkin_pie.

Today is my 9dp2dt. (11 day after egg retrieval) I just noticed a very slight pinkish/ brownish discharge before I hit the shower...... I wonder if that is implantation spotting or a starting sign of my AF coming.... :(

Sisters here - please pray for me that it is the former....

All the best to your BT tomorrow...

Hi sonia, what meds did your hb stop taking that actually increased his quality?
He has psoriatic arthritis ; the meds doc asked to stop is sulphazalamine; but surprisingly hv doc said this drug does nt effect sperm count but anyway after he stopped this med the sperm count improved after 6 months, we froze those sperms and tried wif it last year but it did not work :(; so very low hope this time ; but gynea said fresh sperm sample looks good so might do iui wif fresh after comparing wif frozen

Hi pumpkin_pie thanks
Bb dust to all in this thread

Thanks Ladies!
I felt much better after reading. at least i know there is still chances for us...

Pumpkin_pie, did you strike on just 1 ivf?
Anything you take note during the treatment, like to make ur body more ready etc. For my hubby, he dun like to eat medicine so i no choice, didn't get him to eat any supplements...

Now praying hard for my menses to come this morning, cos my irregular menses came late last month...

@pumpkin_pie congrats! Such good news for a brand new year!!!

@gigi31 are you still taking dhea? I have been taking it for 11 days already. Will probably up the dosage to 75mg daily. Have also been seeing dr Que for acu and his medicine.

All sisters who are trying, let's jia you!!! ;)

Congrats pumpkin pie

Good morning ladies (bb grin, mrscheng, bb_blues, Gigi )
Hope you all have a great day ahead
I'm in ofc already!
Tomorrow I go for scan of ovaries after taking Puregon (125 units ) for the 5th day tdy
Still feel it will nt work and I shud stop my tots from going forward because at the end of the day it will be me who will suffer of the repurchasing if it does nt work out
Are you ladies working? Wats your profession?

@mrscheng - my hubby also had low sperm count and low morphology. Took 6m of TCM meds to improve sperm count before IVF. Low morphology can't be helped. My fresh IVF was in 2011; 8 eggs fertilized with 3 reaching d5 blasts. Transferred 2 fresh and now have a 22 month old boy. Recently transferred my last frozen embryo and am now 8w pregnant. Hope my story gives u some inspiration and hope this morning.

@mrscheng - my hubby also had low sperm count and low morphology. Took 6m of TCM meds to improve sperm count before IVF. Low morphology can't be helped. My fresh IVF was in 2011; 8 eggs fertilized with 3 reaching d5 blasts. Transferred 2 fresh and now have a 22 month old boy. Recently transferred my last frozen embryo and am now 8w pregnant. Hope my story gives u some inspiration and hope this morning.
Little things ..., is tat Yafang ?

Good morning ladies (bb grin, mrscheng, bb_blues, Gigi )
Hope you all have a great day ahead
I'm in ofc already!
Tomorrow I go for scan of ovaries after taking Puregon (125 units ) for the 5th day tdy
Still feel it will nt work and I shud stop my tots from going forward because at the end of the day it will be me who will suffer of the repurchasing if it does nt work out
Are you ladies working? Wats your profession?

Good morning ladies!
You all can call me Meiling. I dunno how to change my username...

I'm also in ofc now... also working.
So tired and sleepy. haha.

Sometimes i dunno why even if i have a good sleep i will still feel tired and sleepy at times...

Think I have to have a good rest this month before my menses come and go for the ivf program...

Congrats! Happy for you!
When i was seeing the TCM when we started ttc, the sinseh said my hubby is ok so he never take any tcm medicine... it was only when we went to kkh last year then we realised his low sperm count. Doc only asked him to eat vitamins but my hubby ate for 4 mths and gave up le. He is not a medicine people. Sometimes I wonder why cant he for the sake of ttc and endure. I guess he forgot how many medicines and bloodtests or scannings i had go thru during the ttc... hahaha...

Congrats pumpkin pie.

Af came right on the dot as my cycle is regular. So didn't need to do BT afterall. How long does the body need to rest before starting the next cycle? Natural vs medicated FET, which is better?

Hi all, I did my BT early this morning at 7.30am. Just got a call from the kkivf nurse to confirm my pregnancy. Beta count 1087 at D18 post ET. Spreading bb dust to all who are in 2ww, in the midst of cycle or starting cycle soon in feb/mar! JY!

pumpkin_pie, normally When does KKH inform you the BT result ya ? How many hours after BT?

mrscheng, my hubby only go hospital during ER day to submit the sperm, and bring me home after ER, and ET day (optional) to observed the procedure.

mrscheng, my hubby only go hospital during ER day to submit the sperm, and bring me home after ER, and ET day (optional) to observed the procedure.

Ok, thanks! Cos my hubby can't always take leave to accompany me... cos kkh don't issue excuse chit to hubby right?

Vivine, the nurse told me to expect the call between 1-4pm depending on the workload of the lab technicians. I received the call at noon. For my fresh cycle, I got the call at 11+am.

Hope2bb, Tks! since your menses are regular, natural fet will work better for u. Less drugs to take. My menses is irregular so dr told me to do medicated.

Bb grin, Tks! Hope dhea will help u strike in the coming mths.

Meiling, my case similar to everylittlethings. Did a fresh cycle in 2011. Had 10 mature eggs but only 4 fertilised. Put 2 embryos in and BFP. My boy is 20 mths now. Did a medicated fet last mth and thawed my balance 2 embryos. Both survived thaw and BFP. The key things I did was take red date tea, red bean soup and wear socks daily. U can see more details in my mon posts. My husband didn't take any medication and had to use frozen sample as he was travelling when we did the fresh cycle. Everylittlethings listed the stuff she did too. Food she took, tcm etc so u can see her post 2-3 weeks ago for details. Believe her blog will hv details too.

For sisters with only a few fertilised embryos, don't despair. Only need 1 beanie to stick each cycle. Have faith!

Vivine, tan1109, all the best for your coming BT this week.

Hi Ladies,

It is officially over for me this round. :_(

AF came at full force (unexpectedly cos I usually have a 35 days cycle. I think the IVF process must have altered the cycle quite a bit.). BT is negative. I won't be posting very much over the next few days. Need the time to try to sort out my emotions before gettig back to work and plan for the next step.

I would appreciate if you ladies (especially those who had BFP) can share your experience on your diet, supplements, alternative treatments (TCM, acupunture) with me so that I can prepare myself better should I decide to go on the next round.

Pumpkin_pie: Congratulations on your BFP. I am very happy for you. Please sprinkle some of your precious bb dust my way. Hopefully, I will be luckier in my next round of trying with your dust magic!

ViVine: I wish you all the very best in you upcoming BT. And in a good way, I hope that I will never have to see you in this thread again... I pray that you will get the BFP that I did not get and 'graduate' to the other 'mummy and pregnant' threads on this forum. Best of luck!

Forgot to add, my embryos were d2 ones. Only hv 4 so they didn't try to cultivate to D5 blastocyst. Lucky they didn't, else I may not hv any embryos to transfer.

Back