Yeast Infection Problems - HELP!

Hi sorry I'm not a mum, I was a MTB but M/C in 10th week earlier this year. Before that doctors in KK had already given up hope on my situation - they asked me to consider adoption - I was plagued by ovarian cysts (removed thru op), then hormonal problems (did a "reboot" hormonal treatment injection), 6 months later my period came back with a vengeance, but now my issue is that since Sep 2011 I have been getting yeast infections.

It is so bad, sometimes hurts so much I cannot even sit down. It will tear easily so I will cry while bathing cuz it hurts. Itchy until cannot sleep. Everytime I go to the doctor they will give a suppository and it will go away in 7-10 days but then it will come back again just as soon as it went away.

Now I get it every 2 weeks, and since I have given up on suppositories (am trying holistic alternative treatment), I now have it every single day of my life. This means that I get at best ONE day every month to TTC, and it may not fall on an ovulation day, so good luck to me indeed. Even when I do have sex it hurts so bad, it will be raw inside and I will end up bleeding, and crying, mostly because it hurts so much.

I've been reading a lot of forums online so I've tried all those suggestions like yoghurt, lactobaphilus, probiotics, neobiotics, garlic, tea tree oil, omega fish oil, evening primrose oil, cranberry supplement, almost anything and everything, but seriously no use.

Even the most senior doctors at KK tell me they are baffled, they say they don't have any other weapons to combat my problems, which they say are absolutely "normal". I didn't realize not being able to have sex or bathe properly or sit down or sleep properly was NORMAL.

It's been going on for almost a year (will be a year next month), and honestly it is frustrating and depressing. I would like to know if anybody has CHRONIC RECURRING YEAST INFECTION OR BACTERIAL VAGINITIS problem? And what did you do to solve it? Please share!

I heard some people say that TCM works, or maybe acupuncture, I'm not sure where to go to. So if you have any recommendations for TCM clinics, please do share, so I can at least call them and ask if they treat yeast infections. (By the way, how do you say "yeast infections" in Chinese???)

I went for a trial cupping moxibustion the other day and the place has never treated yeast infections but moxibustion is supposed to help in female reproductive and gynae areas, I'm not sure if it's worth taking such a huge risk (and spending some $3500) to try it out and what if it doesn't work? Then again, this problem is so depressing I also don't know how much longer I can tahan...

Please help! Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated! No matter how far fetched! I'm willing to try ANYTHING! THANK YOU!!!

NTU has a very established TCM clinic. It is helmed by TCM professors and some are from Beijing TCM uni. Sometimes they have free consultation so you can just make an appointment, tell the professor your problem, and listen to what they have to say.

hi Krazimitzi. In order for you to counteract illnesses you may need a kechara protection chakras. really worth a try. check here >>> vajrasecrets.com/tibetan-chakras.html

Krazimitzi
Tried to send u a Pm. I suppose you tried Daktarin cream and watch your diet too ?!
Btw did u try garlic orally or.....?
Mix several cloves of garlic with a wee bit of teatree oil to make it into a paste and apply directly to the affected area.
I hope it helps!

Krazimitzi

I understand you hv tried all the supplements but did you change yr diet? Without changing yr diet, taking all those supplements will not eliminate yeast permanently. You can read this thread http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2052338/2177800.html?1344928956

I just saw you also posted in the thread I provided. Pls read through the whole thread and you will understand avoiding sugar and yeast in yr diet is important for a full recovery.

hi abple, not sure if you saw my PM, yes i tried garlic both oral pills, pills as suppository, eating garlic clove, clove as suppository, apply tea tree oil like you mention etc. all no difference. thanks anyways.

Hi,
I used to get it chronically for 2mths, so i knew wat u mean abt the discomfort.

For my case, i discovered it was hormonal. I experienced hormonal imbalance in my body.

Reading thru ur post, cld it be the same cause?

I used to take very strong antibiotics, just 3days course of it. Instead of suppository.

If the cause is hormonal, u can talk to ur gynae. She may put u on birth ctrl pills to regulate the hormones till ur body sort it out by itself. Hth

Krazimitzi

Are you also on yeast free diet? No bread, cakes etc? Do you still take antibiotics on and off? For probiotics, you need to take culturelle brand. I had yeast infection before. I took garlic pills or garlic cloves, oregano oil and culturelle. I was on an yeast and sugar free diet for 6 mths. It takes a lot of discipline and determination, it can be cured.

I also had urinary tract infection. When I was on the diet and taking these pills, my yeast and urinary tract infection was gone for gd. It was better than taking antibiotics and yeast medication, which did not help at all.

hi sungrapes, yep i know mine is hormonal. because it happened after my hormone injection wore off after 6 months after my ovarian cyst operation, and then again after my pregnancy and miscarriage. so i have deduced it has something to do with estrogen? am i close to the truth, i wonder?

the doctors just say "oh its hormonal, it will go away soon", but one year later it hasn't and they've run out of answers. i don't like paying few hundred dollars to go and see completely baffled doctors, so i've not gone back to KK.

actually antibiotics are one main cause of yeast infection, and taking them can make it worse, or even mutate the strain of candida into a non-albican one which is harder to treat. so i don't think i want to try taking antibiotics...

i was on birth control pills for 6 years, i only stopped to have my overian cyst surgery. i wonder if this was a factor to the build up of hormones in my body. i've been off it for a year and a half cuz I have been trying to conceive... i guess that's almost impossible right now =(

>>agate - yes gluten-free is yeast-free and wheat-free. together with sugar-free diet. means no bread, no noodles, no cake, no ice cream, no chocolate, no bubble tea, no sweets, etc. i only eat pastas and rice that's gluten-free. i buy all my gluten-free stuff from america to be sure it's completely gluten-free cuz they are stricter about these allergy-foods.

i have never taken antibiotics in many many years, not even when i am sick. for probiotics i am taking those with both the lactobacillus and bifidobacterium because lactobacillus alone is not enough (it only chases the bad bacteria away from the gut but not the lower intestines and the rectal area), and culturelle which you mentioned only has lactobacillus, no bifidobacterium. my probiotics are more expensive than most, but no choice, want the best in the hopes it will help...

i'm taking garlic pills, cloves and probiotics like you mentioned, also tea tree oil. and i'm on a gluten-free and sugar-free diet. i don't take any antibiotics or yeast medication. i also take a lot of yogurt which some people say works for them. but still nothing helps.

since i've been doing all the things that's been mentioned but it doesn't get any better, maybe my problem is more severe than that? nevertheless, thanks for all your suggestions folks. i am desperately looking for something i have not tried before. am hoping if anyone has tried TCM or Naturopathy can help shed some light on whether it will cure my problem permanently?

thanks all very much... =(

Krazimitzi

It seems like yr hormones system is imbalance with the drugs you took for birth control, ovarian cyst operation etc. Maybe you want to try TCM to balance yr body but don't expect quick results. I can check with my TCM physician when I see her this weekend.

Hi

I went to see my Chinese physician today. She says yeast infection can be treated but like what I mention earlier, you need to be patient to see results. She will also need to find out the root cause of yr problem, she mentions the body is weak and so it is more susceptible to infections. If you are keen to try out TCM, you can pm me. Take care.

krazimitzi

By reading your post, i think your yeast infection is killing you. i'll like to suggest something, but you don't accept pm. Pls pm me if you see this post. truly hope i can offer some help. look forward to hearing from you soon.

Back