Year 2020 January Mums

first time mummy :) going into my 8 weeks now. seeing my gynae on thurs for second checkup since two weeks ago. i've some spotting but was told it's normal?? anyone else having same issue?

Hi ladies! edd is 26 january.. i'll be a second time mom :) ... anyone opting to go for their first check up later on in this 1st trimester? i remember during my 1st pregnancy going too early (6 weeks) and felt it was a bit of a waste of time and money because they couldn't show me much. i'm considering to book an appt for my 10th-12th week. is this unheard of or okay?

Hi ladies! edd is 26 january.. i'll be a second time mom :) ... anyone opting to go for their first check up later on in this 1st trimester? i remember during my 1st pregnancy going too early (6 weeks) and felt it was a bit of a waste of time and money because they couldn't show me much. i'm considering to book an appt for my 10th-12th week. is this unheard of or okay?

Hi! In the US, most ladies have their first scan at 8 weeks, while in Australia and Canada, most ladies have their first scan at Week 11. The norm here is much earlier and much more frequent. I think Week 7/8 is a good time to go for the first time. You should see a heartbeat by then. Just my thoughts :)

Recommended Full Time Babysitter Available at Punggol East side ,35 year old Chinese Mummy , Your child will very happy when come here .

Home is clean ;Educational Toys and Books available also.

Preferred Timings : Weekdays 7am to 7pm. Other timings can be discussed. Babysitter is Flexi

Most importantly, fees can be discussed

Interested parties, pls drop a text or call to 8163 6875. jasmine

1st time mom to be here!
EDD 27/01/2020
Did my check too early and was charged 400++
Can anyone suggest decent pricing ob here :)
Been checking dr. Benjamin tham, any review for him?

Hey ladies,
Those who've gone to see obstetrician, have you been prescribed or have started taking prenatal supplements such as Blackmores Pregnancy & Breastfeeding advance etc?
Just tested positive this afternoon. :)

Hi ladies, feel free to drop me, stickybeany, blacksquares or PCLC your number to be added into the WhatsApp group chat. Please include your name and phone number. You do not need permission to join the group. Received too many messages without name and contact number. All ladies are welcome to join.
Hi, please add me into the group chat at 91011809 name Citrine.

first time mummy :) going into my 8 weeks now. seeing my gynae on thurs for second checkup since two weeks ago. i've some spotting but was told it's normal?? anyone else having same issue?
Hello, for the first scan, was it a vaginal ultrasound? I was enquiring abt gynae and the nurse at a private clinic asked me to go for that at 6th weeks. Any recommendation or advice? Or shall I wait till 8th week for abdominal ultrasound?

Hello! I'm a 1st time mom, just went for gynae check today and I'm estimated to be 5wks.
Going for 2nd scan next Tues(21st May) to check the baby's heartbeat.
Anyone visiting a female gynae? I'd like to compare prices because my 1st check up costs $680 (1st consultation, ultrasound, 2 blood test, Duphaston, Folic).. is that a normal rate?
Subsequent check up is $80-100 for consultation, $120+ for ultrasound, nurse said be prepare to spend around $200-300 each time.
Hello! May I ask what ultrasound did you go for the first time? Was it vaginal or abdominal?

Hi everyone!

I found out I was preg a few weeks ago and just changed upon this page! Second time mum here. EDD is 13 January 2020. Hope to get to know more mummies through this forum!

Hello! May I ask what ultrasound did you go for the first time? Was it vaginal or abdominal?
hi i'm not the one who posted but i can offer my experience... during my 1st pregnancy, i went for a 6 week ultrasound and they could not detect anything from the abdomen... so i had a vaginal ultrasound. it was quite uncomfortable

My first screening Dr said EDD is 1/1, same day after 5 mins my husband come in, doc scan to show him, EDD date change to 4th Jan. This is second baby, i think baby will come out in Dec, coz my first baby is C-sec.

May i know any diff btw harmony test & pano test?
I went to thomson women clinic which locate in Sembawang, the test need to cost $900+, if get referral letter and go KKH, will it cheaper?

May i know any diff btw harmony test & pano test?
I went to thomson women clinic which locate in Sembawang, the test need to cost $900+, if get referral letter and go KKH, will it cheaper?

Harmony and pano are the same nipt, just by different companies. Not too sure about kkh charges.

I haven’t make an appointment with gynae. Have u guys started taking folid acid? Is it 5mg a day? Besides folid acid, can we still take prenatal vitamins?

I haven’t make an appointment with gynae. Have u guys started taking folid acid? Is it 5mg a day? Besides folid acid, can we still take prenatal vitamins?
Folic acid is sufficient in tri 1, to prevent the risk of spina bifida. Can easily get it from Watson’s, guardian any pharmacy. You can start now first before seeing gynae.
Usually prenatal vitamins and calcium tablets will come in in tri 2, unless your gynae wants u to start now.

Hi ladies, I have morning sickness every 3 to 4 hr. Have been eating biscuit to curb the nausea. What about u ladies ????

Hi Tigerjos, I went today. Have to say that Dr James is quite friendly and detailed to chit chat quite abit. First consultation is $129 and ultrasound cost $107-$161. Going by app I should be 5w0d but from the scan Dr Lee said is around 5w3d and he’s able to check just by scanning the pelvic area, not trasvaginal.

Hi aprillia85, thank you for sharing us so many information. I just done my first scan in kk and baby is almost 7 weeks, I stay in punggol so considering change to visit Dr James wong in oasis. May I know Dr James will help deliver baby in which hospital? Thank you so much.
And one more thing, can I join the Jan 2020 mum group chat? Thank you in advance.

Hi aprillia85, thank you for sharing us so many information. I just done my first scan in kk and baby is almost 7 weeks, I stay in punggol so considering change to visit Dr James wong in oasis. May I know Dr James will help deliver baby in which hospital? Thank you so much.
And one more thing, can I join the Jan 2020 mum group chat? Thank you in advance.
Hi Ooobaby, u’re Welcomed on the info. Dr James deliver at Mount Alvernia, Thomson Medical and Mount Elizabeth Novena. Just to update you, i’ve actually changed my gynae to Dr Khoo Ching Kiat at Mount E Novena as his location is nearer to my endocrinologist. Nevertheless I still find Dr James a nice gynae and wish your journey ahead with him will be a nice one :) to join the WhatsApp group you’ve got to message your number and name to superman111, stickybeany, Blacksquares, crystania or PCLC.

For first time mum, do you face problem of diet? I know we cannot eat half cook and raw stuff... Like anything not well done beef and soft boil eggs, prepared salad outside and even cake with cream, soffles and etc...these are the English version... Tcm version...herbs, watermelon, mango and etc.. But sometimes I really miss and ate some... Then scare... Eat liao will affect the baby... Arggg.. It's so not easy....

Hi ladies, I have morning sickness every 3 to 4 hr. Have been eating biscuit to curb the nausea. What about u ladies ????
Hey, me too. I’ve spent the past 2 days puking. The sickening nausea doesn’t go away! Makes me feel absolutely terrible. I’ve tried many things, can’t eat biscuits.. so far watermelon helps me a little. I try to sip HTwoO as well to prevent dehydration

Hi Ladies, i bought sea band to curb my morning sickness.
https://www.sea-band.com/why-seaband/

you can get it from watson guardian etc. actually i not sure if its mentally or it really does help hahaha.
It stop the puking feeling 5 mins after i wear it. you ladies can try
$16.90 drug free, its just a band.

Hi ladies, feel free to drop me, stickybeany, blacksquares or PCLC your number to be added into the WhatsApp group chat. Please include your name and phone number. You do not need permission to join the group. Received too many messages without name and contact number. All ladies are welcome to join.
Hayley - 90923916. 2nd time mum, EDD 16Jan2020, would like to join the WhatsApp group.

Hi,

Please add me to the group chat! 93800013, Michelle here. My EDD is estimated to be 13 Jan 2020. :)

I’ve also been experiencing morning sickness (whole day actually) for the last 3-4 weeks. Dr had prescribed me with Doxylamine/Pyridoxine as it was affecting my work. The med does helps a little tho i still feel sick the whole time. I’ve tried many ways but nothing helps to curb the nauseaness... just hope it will go away after 1st tri!

I’m with Dr James Lee, from Astra Women clinic at his Punggol clinic. I was referred to him by my SIL and a few friends who had difficulties in getting pregnant and got pregnant in the end and babies delivered by him. So far i feel comfortable with him and will be engaging him to deliver my baby.

Does any of you encounter ringing sound in the ear? My left ear is having this ringing sound since few days back and nv subside.. I went to internet and read.. They say common got 1st trimester but still have to take note.

Hi All, im on my 9 weeks journey, EDD 16 Jan 2020. However, as i had open operation before, this will be c-sect option as advisde by Gynae which will be 2 weeks earlier before due date. Which means the EDD will be either New Year eve or New Year week.

This is actually my 2nd pregnancy, first one was a ectopic pregnancy which i had to make inevitable decision to abort it at week 7. After almost 9 months wait, i have good news again. However, due to previous experience i am traumatized and can't stop thinking about it.

Baby is well and will be scheduled for NIPT in 2 weeks time. The only thing i need to overcome is not to think of my past experience anymore.

Hi All, im on my 9 weeks journey, EDD 16 Jan 2020. However, as i had open operation before, this will be c-sect option as advisde by Gynae which will be 2 weeks earlier before due date. Which means the EDD will be either New Year eve or New Year week.

This is actually my 2nd pregnancy, first one was a ectopic pregnancy which i had to make inevitable decision to abort it at week 7. After almost 9 months wait, i have good news again. However, due to previous experience i am traumatized and can't stop thinking about it.

Baby is well and will be scheduled for NIPT in 2 weeks time. The only thing i need to overcome is not to think of my past experience anymore.
Congrats on your rainbow baby!

Hi mummies, feel free to msg any of us -superman111, stickybeany, blacksquares, crystania or PCLC your name and number to be added into our mummies chat group for edd Jan 2020. End dec2019 /early feb 2020 mummies are also welcome to join us :)

Please do not post your number here, for your own personal data privacy and also because its hard for us to keep track of who has been added and who hasn't! Thanks

hi, in the first trimester, may i know if your doctor has prescribed you with 1mg or 5mg of folic acid? my doctor has given me 5mg but i read online, it seems a little excessive.

hi, in the first trimester, may i know if your doctor has prescribed you with 1mg or 5mg of folic acid? my doctor has given me 5mg but i read online, it seems a little excessive.
Hi hi, I suggest you contact your gynae to clarify. He/she is in better position to advise you on the intake amount of folic acid.

Hi ladies! I got BFP on 14th May 2019. My due date 21 Jan 2020. Today my 8 weeks scan at kkh. Hope all goes well for my baby

Morning ladies, I'm officially 5 weeks today! I wonder if I'll have nothing sickness starting next week..? Hahaha.. the body's hormones work like clockwork!

I'll be delivering at TMC like my first! But I've yet to make an appt for first scan. I think I'm taking it too easy this time, but I'm paranoid at the same time if that even makes sense..

Luv88, hospital tours might help in you making decisions but I've not been to any.

Like what April said, everyone pls take care ok? Take lots of rest too!

Dear, I'm at 8 wks also no morning sickness, just feel like vommitting but didn't. And when I see food, also I want to vomit. But I'm am good with spicy foods lol!

Am a going-to-be second time mom here.. Went for the first scan in kkh end of May and got to know that Edd will be on 8 Jan..
Any WhatsApp group to join in?

Back