Year 2020 January Mums

So for you, you initially intended to not take painkiller but in the end base on the situation, you thought it's more suitable to take it so you took it?

I'm thinking of not taking it as well~

Yup! Read all the labour books and went for prenatal yoga to prep myself but failed. All textbook knowledge all went out the window. Hahaha. But still, go for it if that’s what you want! I know many moms who went through drug free labour too

Hello:) First time mum here! Edd in Jan too. Currently seeing Dr law WS at Mount E Novena but his antenatal package is really expensive. Considering if I should see another one:(

There is a new women’s clinic at oasis terrace. Not sure about the gynae and the reviews though but just FYI :)

TMC hospital charge (2 bedder) - $2700
Doctors fee (normal delivery with epidural) - $2750
Medisave deduction - $2550
Total cash payment - $2750

Still got fees for the baby (injections, PD visits, etc). I think this one is about $800.

This was in 2016. I’m sure the charges have increased. Hope this helps!
Do you know how much is Dr Wong's antenatal package?

If I’m not wrong it’s $685 for 11 sessions (3 years ago was $660 ). Inclusive of scans and prenatal vitamins each session
Nice! I might stick with him then. We can catch up after one of our check ups and chit chat! So much to learn from you :)

Nice! I might stick with him then. We can catch up after one of our check ups and chit chat! So much to learn from you :)

Hehe I’m still learning so much from other moms! Now just hoping for a heartbeat! When’s your next appointment?

Happy for luv88 and Cths for sharing the same gynae! Hope all of you will get to hear your baby’s heartbeat soon!
Btw anyone started MS symptoms? And did anyone of you changed your skincare or makeup products? I started to get abit paranoid of the products I’m using as mostly contain abit of fragrance so am thinking of buying pregnancy safe products

Happy for luv88 and Cths for sharing the same gynae! Hope all of you will get to hear your baby’s heartbeat soon!
Btw anyone started MS symptoms? And did anyone of you changed your skincare or makeup products? I started to get abit paranoid of the products I’m using as mostly contain abit of fragrance so am thinking of buying pregnancy safe products
Morning sickness, not yet. But I get quite hungry often though :p

I switched out all my toiletries and skincare to Cetaphil and Sebamed. My old ones were quite fragrant too. Also, have cut down on makeup, deodorant and perfume usage.

Morning sickness, not yet. But I get quite hungry often though :p

I switched out all my toiletries and skincare to Cetaphil and Sebamed. My old ones were quite fragrant too. Also, have cut down on makeup, deodorant and perfume usage.

Haha it’s great if you don’t encounter MS if not eat all you want or can b4 it kicks in! I started having abit of nauseousness this week..

Yea i’ll Have to switch my products too!

Morning sickness, not yet. But I get quite hungry often though

Ladies, what skincare and makeup should I change to? I still using my normal makeup and skincare. Nt sure what is good?

Currently I now at bkk. Been feeling nauseousness at times. Maybe due to the humid weather as well. Cant really enjoy the shopping. Hahahaha.

Anyway my 2nd appt is 21 May. Uploaded my scan on 7th May. I even have some blood before my trip and during my trip but is on and off. Hopefully it will be alright.
eee22a341fae2e5f8376cbf02b446592.jpg

Ladies, what skincare and makeup should I change to? I still using my normal makeup and skincare. Nt sure what is good?

Currently I now at bkk. Been feeling nauseousness at times. Maybe due to the humid weather as well. Cant really enjoy the shopping. Hahahaha.

Anyway my 2nd appt is 21 May. Uploaded my scan on 7th May. I even have some blood before my trip and during my trip but is on and off. Hopefully it will be alright.
eee22a341fae2e5f8376cbf02b446592.jpg
I stick to what I have been using previously. "Belif". plant extract, So I guess should be fine? As long as your skin care do not contain any acidic ingredients..

No morning sickness yet. Doctor loading me on lots of progesterone tablets. Cos had a miscarriage before and currently having brown spotting. :( just feeling all the side effect from progesterone now. Very drowsy.

Anyway girls, Don't forget to apply lots of oil and cream to prevent stretch mark in the near future:)

Haha it’s great if you don’t encounter MS if not eat all you want or can b4 it kicks in! I started having abit of nauseousness this week..

Yea i’ll Have to switch my products too!
I've already gained 1kg! Week 6 only, so I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the baby :D

During your first pregnancy, did you have MS? Usually how long does it last for?

I stick to what I have been using previously. "Belif". plant extract, So I guess should be fine? As long as your skin care do not contain any acidic ingredients..

No morning sickness yet. Doctor loading me on lots of progesterone tablets. Cos had a miscarriage before and currently having brown spotting. :( just feeling all the side effect from progesterone now. Very drowsy.

Anyway girls, Don't forget to apply lots of oil and cream to prevent stretch mark in the near future:)
Do u know which cream and oil?

Do u know which cream and oil?
using Josie Maran body butter ( clean product from sephora), Cetaphil lotion, and some natural body oil which I got from Africa before. Its the same like bio oil.

During shower, using oil shower gel. Can try eucerin..

Thinking of later stage then start clarin since it's more expensive.

using Josie Maran body butter ( clean product from sephora), Cetaphil lotion, and some natural body oil which I got from Africa before. Its the same like bio oil.

During shower, using oil shower gel. Can try eucerin..

Thinking of later stage then start clarin since it's more expensive.

I wanted to try clarins but after c the price. Damn expensive. But I am a lazy person, I didnt use any body lotion at all so I am clueless what to get.

I wanted to try clarins but after c the price. Damn expensive. But I am a lazy person, I didnt use any body lotion at all so I am clueless what to get.

I used bio oil for my first pregnancy and i didn’t get any stretch marks at all! Don’t know if the oil is really good or I just got lucky but I’ll be using that again this round :)

I've already gained 1kg! Week 6 only, so I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the baby :D

During your first pregnancy, did you have MS? Usually how long does it last for?

Yes I did for my first pregnancy, luckily only lasted for the first trimester. Hopefully this pregnancy also 1st trimester affected For my first pregnancy I lost weight in 1st trimester and throughout 2nd and 3rd trimester gained 10kg

I’m not getting any MS! Maybe a few random waves of nausea but I’m on progesterone pills so I don’t know if that’s a side effect. I want more preggy symptoms!

Last edited:
I used bio oil for my first pregnancy and i didn’t get any stretch marks at all! Don’t know if the oil is really good or I just got lucky but I’ll be using that again this round :)

I only use normal body lotion to apply and no stretch marks at all. Checked with my friends who have stretched marks and I think it has to do with genes and weight control during pregnancy. But mostly on genes. As my mum doesn’t have any stretch marks so thankfully i’m spared from it. Check with your mummies and see if they have stretch marks!

I’m not getting any MS! Maybe a few random waves of nausea but I’m on progesterone pills so I don’t know it that’s a side effect. I want more preggy symptoms!

Are you on Duphaston? Once or twice a day? Why would you want more preggy symptoms? I hope the pregnancy can be smooth as I’m a sahm so still got to jaga my Daughter...

Are you on Duphaston? Once or twice a day? Why would you want more preggy symptoms? I hope the pregnancy can be smooth as I’m a sahm so still got to jaga my Daughter...

Yea duphaston twice a day. Somehow I feel if I get symptoms means pregnancy is still there. Hahah I’m very paranoid cos I had early mc in Feb (think it was a chemical). Tbh I still poas every few days to check that the line is still strong. That’s how anxious I am!

Yea duphaston twice a day. Somehow I feel if I get symptoms means pregnancy is still there. Hahah I’m very paranoid cos I had early mc in Feb (think it was a chemical). Tbh I still poas every few days to check that the line is still strong. That’s how anxious I am!

I see, and I can understand what you’re going thru.. till last week I still poas every few days to check too but after the hcg test I relax abit. Sometimes i’m So excited till I can’t slp well too as I finally get to conceive no.2 after 3 yrs of trying! Btw can I check if you find Dr Wong is really good? I liked my 1st gynae but his waiting time is really horrible even with appt.. though I’m seeing Dr KT Tan at KKH but the online mixed reviews make me worried too... I wish to find a skilful gynae with not so Long waiting time and near Punggol if possible..

I see, and I can understand what you’re going thru.. till last week I still poas every few days to check too but after the hcg test I relax abit. Sometimes i’m So excited till I can’t slp well too as I finally get to conceive no.2 after 3 yrs of trying! Btw can I check if you find Dr Wong is really good? I liked my 1st gynae but his waiting time is really horrible even with appt.. though I’m seeing Dr KT Tan at KKH but the online mixed reviews make me worried too... I wish to find a skilful gynae with not so Long waiting time and near Punggol if possible..

Wow 3 yrs, congrats! How old is your first? Hmm I like Dr Wong cos he’s very patient. What’s your definition of long? Usually when I go on a weekday afternoon, i have to wait about 15mins sometimes less. Weekends maybe longer. The clinic is at tampines though, near but still not that near! I stay punggol too.

Wow 3 yrs, congrats! How old is your first? Hmm I like Dr Wong cos he’s very patient. What’s your definition of long? Usually when I go on a weekday afternoon, i have to wait about 15mins sometimes less. Weekends maybe longer. The clinic is at tampines though, near but still not that near! I stay punggol too.

Thanks, my gal is turning 6yo this year, gg to register for P1 soon! My definition of Long is waiting for 2- 2 and a half hours for each appt!! How do you travel down to the clinic as I see from the map is not near to mrt.. reachable by bus 34? The waiting time sounds good! I’m so contemplated to see Dr James Lee at Oasis to see if he’s good as not much reviews of him online and abit mixed too but Oasis is Super convenient!

Hmm..I think waiting time sometimes really depends on luck. Last Friday was my first appointment, supposed to be at 2.50pm. But when I reached, they told me doctor was out for delivery. Asked me to walk around for a while. Ended up seeing the doctor at 4.30pm.

Hmm..I think waiting time sometimes really depends on luck. Last Friday was my first appointment, supposed to be at 2.50pm. But when I reached, they told me doctor was out for delivery. Asked me to walk around for a while. Ended up seeing the doctor at 4.30pm.

Oh won’t they call and inform you that dr is out for delivery and ask you to come later?

Oh won’t they call and inform you that dr is out for delivery and ask you to come later?
I'm not sure what happened as it was their lunch time, and they only 're-opened' at 2.50pm. Maybe it was an emergency delivery? Not too sure. The clinic was full of people when I went back at 4.30pm

Thanks, my gal is turning 6yo this year, gg to register for P1 soon! My definition of Long is waiting for 2- 2 and a half hours for each appt!! How do you travel down to the clinic as I see from the map is not near to mrt.. reachable by bus 34? The waiting time sounds good! I’m so contemplated to see Dr James Lee at Oasis to see if he’s good as not much reviews of him online and abit mixed too but Oasis is Super convenient!

Oh no lah. I don’t think I’ve waited 2.5 hrs before! I take 34, drop at tampines hub and walk. It’s quite a walk (about 10mins?) but just treat it as exercising. Hahah. How’s the fees at oasis? It does look nice!

But like what luv88 said, sometimes if dr goes for delivery than gotta wait. That one really gotta depend on your luck. Throughout my first preg, happened to me only once.

Oh no lah. I don’t think I’ve waited 2.5 hrs before! I take 34, drop at tampines hub and walk. It’s quite a walk (about 10mins?) but just treat it as exercising. Hahah. How’s the fees at oasis? It does look nice!

But like what luv88 said, sometimes if dr goes for delivery than gotta wait. That one really gotta depend on your luck. Throughout my first preg, happened to me only once.

Haha I haven’t call to check the fees at Oasis yet.. well Guess i’ll research more at my upcoming holidays then decide;) having a skilful gynae is really impt I think and on top of that if he/she is friendly plus waiting time not so Long will be perfect :) thanks for sharing the info!

Hello ladies
Glad to be here to embark on this happy journey with all the mommies together. I’m in my 6th week today, edd expected to be 6/1/20. I have a 9 yr old girl and also an ectopic pregnancy in 2018. Dr Chen LH at Mt A has seen me through all these,he’s very patient and experienced, im still trusting him with the little one this time round. Having a bit of brown spotting at the moment but still trying to keep the spirits up and hope for the best! Please count me in if there’s a WhatsApp group going on ya. Cheers

Hi Mommies, congrats! anyone keen to receive pregnancy & baby related items to try & review!

No cost/selling involved.

Generally basic sharing of post.

PM me if interested, quote PREG

Hi Mummys to be... Today I am officially week 5 day 6...very excited... Based on calculator, it's a January 2020 baby..
I am now on Duphaston twice a day and Crinone gel too.. And challenging part.. I need to inject clexane twice a day due to blood clot in my calf last week..

Hello all mummies to be! Good things must share! :) I applied for free samples in the following link and got all these!

There is a can of 400g Similac Maternal Milk (strawberry flavour), another 2 packs in Vanilla and Strawberry, 2 small towels and a $5 discount voucher, all in the pretty purple bagpack! I think it's limited to 1 per household. Do try it out!

https://abbottfamily.com.sg/campaigns/9C33E92E-DB0B-403A-BD71-AE7D7E139130

I applied for Dumex's as well. Waiting for it to arrive :)
Haha.. I got the same from. Similac.. Btw, how do you apply for dumex?

Anyone went to the Oasis clinic already? Thinking to do a one time screening first

Hi Tigerjos, I went today. Have to say that Dr James is quite friendly and detailed to chit chat quite abit. First consultation is $129 and ultrasound cost $107-$161. Going by app I should be 5w0d but from the scan Dr Lee said is around 5w3d and he’s able to check just by scanning the pelvic area, not trasvaginal.

Hi Tigerjos, I went today. Have to say that Dr James is quite friendly and detailed to chit chat quite abit. First consultation is $129 and ultrasound cost $107-$161. Going by app I should be 5w0d but from the scan Dr Lee said is around 5w3d and he’s able to check just by scanning the pelvic area, not trasvaginal.
Hihi, I am curious... Did he explain what he saw via the pelvic scan? I went to nuh and they use the transvaginal scan and saw the embryo with yolk sac...

I read from Internet and alot said that 5w is too early to be able to check from pelvic area..

Hihi, I am curious... Did he explain what he saw via the pelvic scan? I went to nuh and they use the transvaginal scan and saw the embryo with yolk sac...

I read from Internet and alot said that 5w is too early to be able to check from pelvic area..

Hi MimosaMee, from my previous pregnancy I also thought at 5w is too early to check from the pelvic area. But he showed me on the screen of the gestational sac (and measure the size) and the surrounding womb with the lining and commented everything looks normal and good for now. I didn’t even have a full bladder but he’s able to scan for it..

Hi MimosaMee, from my previous pregnancy I also thought at 5w is too early to check from the pelvic area. But he showed me on the screen of the gestational sac (and measure the size) and the surrounding womb with the lining and commented everything looks normal and good for now. I didn’t even have a full bladder but he’s able to scan for it..
Ooooo.. Ic.... Okok... Next week I going to nuh to scan again... I shall see whether they use transvaginal again or will use pelvic.. Hehehe

Ooooo.. Ic.... Okok... Next week I going to nuh to scan again... I shall see whether they use transvaginal again or will use pelvic.. Hehehe

Haha ok, by right in early pregnancy transvaginal scan provides more detailed information compared to pelvic. Wish you all the best for your next scan!

Hello! I'm a 1st time mom, just went for gynae check today and I'm estimated to be 5wks.
Going for 2nd scan next Tues(21st May) to check the baby's heartbeat.
Anyone visiting a female gynae? I'd like to compare prices because my 1st check up costs $680 (1st consultation, ultrasound, 2 blood test, Duphaston, Folic).. is that a normal rate?
Subsequent check up is $80-100 for consultation, $120+ for ultrasound, nurse said be prepare to spend around $200-300 each time.

Back